[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst-designed area in any soulsborne game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: Image.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
What is the worst-designed area in any soulsborne game?
>>
Lost Izalith
>>
>>319460458
pre-patched Shrine of Amana
>>
>>319460458
The most disappointing without a doubt was Aldia's Keep
>>
4-2
>>
>>319460595
this. shit was so tedious
>>
>>319460561
>>319460595
>>319460656
these desu senpaitachi
>>
>>319460458
are you trying to say the Research Hall is bad level design? seriously? The obvious answer is demon ruins/lost izalith
>>
The last stretch of 2-3 in Demon's Souls was horrendous. Fucking fat Firebugs blocking my shit to Firelurker goddamn.

Dark Souls had the Lower Burg which I thought was mediocre and pre-patch Izalith, otherwise it was pretty well designed throughout.

Dark Souls 2 had pre-patch Amana and tons of useless bonfires, but I don't recall having a bad time going through any particular area except for that crystal place with the ropes and the sorcerers throwing spells at you that made you fall off.
>>
>>319460458
>soulsborne

Stop it. Stop it now.
>>
Lost Bastille.
>>
I guess Lost Izalith is the most obvious, but having just finished it, SotFS Iron Keep and Brume Tower suck hard.
>>
SotfS Iron Keep
>>
I just beat the Living Failures and liked Research Hall apart from when you get swarmed by the bag heads.

Where the fuck is the third brain fluid I got the one in the center and the one in the rafters.
>>
The entirety of Dark Souls II is a clusterfuck that makes no sense.
>>
>>319461235
Hit... the brain lady (forgot her name) and give her her own fluid.
>>
>>319461235
did you give them to adeline?
>>
>>319461145
fucking this, can't walk 5 steps without aggroing at least 3 knights
what a slog
>>
>>319461474

Yeah, she's asking for the third one now in a slop in the floor.

>>319461470

Shit, that makes sense. I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>319461120
>Iron Keep and Brume Tower suck hard

I almost quit the DLC because of this nonsense.
>>
>>319460870
It is bad level design.

>Oh, you died?
>Have fun fighting taking the next half-hour to fight through a room filled with no less than 30 ayys who will just mob you if you try to run past. BTW the most effective method of fighting them is R1 spam.
>>
>>319461706
but only do it once she turns into a blob.
>>
>>319460934
This.

>>319460458

Why must you amateur marketers spout your jargon here?
>>
>>319461845

Yeah, she's chilling out by the door right now, thought I lost her at first.
>>
>>319461736

Git gud
>>
>>319461736
>he doesnt know about the 2 elevators that literally bring you next to the boss fog
>dying to the boss at all

It is you anon, you are the living failure.
>>
>>319461736
Except the layout is fucking similar to Latria in DeS
>>
>>319461852
I'm sorry that you do not enjoy the game. If you would contact us at twitter.com/fromsoftware_pr we would gladly attempt to convince otherwise!
>>
>>319460927
>The last stretch of 2-3 in Demon's Souls was horrendous. Fucking fat Firebugs blocking my shit to Firelurker goddamn
Just take the shortcut bro
>>
>>319462010
The first elevator doesn't bring you anywhere important. Only after opening the second elevator do you have a shortcut to anywhere. The first one may as well not exist for all the good it does you, its only function is to give you a way up after raising the staircases.
>>
>>319462010
This, you have to fight around two mobs before reaching the boss if you activate all shortcuts.
>>
>>319460927
You're thinking of 2-2, and that entire portion of the level is completely optional. You can get from the start to Flamelurker in like 2 minutes without even having to fight anything.
>>
>>319460927
>Fucking fat Firebugs blocking my shit to Firelurker goddamn.
>He doesn't know
>>
>>319461736
come on now, as soon as you get in there you can get past the first group on the steps, bait the few that come out of the large room and attack you, go to the end of the floor and enter the room with the non hostile patients, parry bait the one guy with the iv thing as a weapon, then you can let the one wheelchair guy kill all the blob heads, run up the stairs and parry bait the other big guy then youre basically at the lever to raise the stairs and after that you can take the elevator from adeline's room to get to the living failures with only having to kill that one single church guy. I cant believe i bothered to type that out because fuck you if you wanna fly through the area quickly its completely possible
>>
>>319462294
You have to fight those snake things that come out of the ground.
>>
>>319462252
After you raise the staircase, the second elevator opens up for use, you dont have to get it working manually
>>
>>319462683
if you have a bow and aim for the head they should die in two hits max
>>
>>319462683
You can just walk right past them in the pit. The ones that actually block your path are the ones guarding the Hands of God, they don't get in the way of Flamelurker.
>>
>>319462573
>come on now, as soon as you get in there you can get past the first group on the steps, bait the few that come out of the large room and attack you, go to the end of the floor and enter the room with the non hostile patients

... Fuck.

I was going through the large room where they threw bombs at you every time.
>>
>>319461736
There's an elevator shortcut that lets you skip everything.

Besides, dying to Living Failures is pretty sad.
>>
>>319460595
Was it even worse when the game first came out?
>>
>>319462960
I'm complaining about pre-raising the staircases. The boss run in this area is incredibly short and I have no problems with it.
>>
>>319463035
The mages would shoot and track you from even further away.
>>
File: strangle me.png (241 KB, 655x584) Image search: [Google]
strangle me.png
241 KB, 655x584
NIGGA DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON 4-2

4-2 GAVE ME PTSD AND 5-2 ADDED TO IT
>>
>>319460458
It's objectively 4-4 from DeS
>>319460927
This is 2-2 and the only bad part is the worms head hitbox is pretty iffy to hit with some weapons, others make them a complete joke

But no really the dragon in 4-4 is so fucking stupid, and also constantly shakes the screen and is loud as fuck during the best boss fight in the game
>>
>>319461736

>Spawn at lamp
>Run past slimy things to door on the right, get on first elevator
>Run left past church guy, go up stairs
>Boss room

How fucking hard was that
>>
>>319462910
Ah, see? It wasn't the level's fault after all
>>
>>319463898
What makes anyone think I'm talking about AFTER the staircases are raised?
>>
>>319465761

Everyone assumed that if the stairs weren't raised you would have opened the fifth floor elevator shortcut back to the rafters or taken the door with no enemies on the first floor like everyone else.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.