[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy VI PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: Android_FFVI_09(1)[1].jpg (60 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Android_FFVI_09(1)[1].jpg
60 KB, 450x300
What the fuck is wrong with SE? Do they not see how ugly this is, did they not listen how everyone said that they want the original graphics?

Did they lose all the assets from the original game or what? Porting the mobile version to PC just makes them look bad.

Here's the trailer if anyone cares:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncoTt8kE6U
>>
It still sells, that's all they care about. The majority of people eat up anything that says Final Fantasy, regardless of quality.

Welcome to the current year where quality is a negative when it comes to games.
>>
>The original
>Looking better than this.
Nice nostalgia.
>>
Is it moddable? Can I still get my sweet achievements with it not looking like shit?
>>
Real Talk: I always hated how in the early FF games when you went into combat the enemy got these huge badass models while the characters still stayed as little sprites. The Magitek Armor for example in this case; it's much bigger than those soldiers, but the soldiers look bigger. This shit fucked with my immersion so bad.
>>
>>319452467
This is objectively incorrect.

Dated or not, at least the original had a consistent art style.

This is a random assortment of blurred pixel art, vectors, flat text and glows. It's textbook bad design.
>>
>>319451275
>They want the CoD audience.
>>
>>319454537
I never understood this either, it's like they were trying to save on the characters by not giving them detailed stills in the hopes that the tiny amount of animation they had would make up for it.

It would be fine if you only fought big monsters, but next to normal human sized enemies it really takes away from it all.
>>
>>319454537
its exaggeration

same shit with mmos
raid bosses are fuckhuge
>>
>>319451275
They claim to have lost the assets. Which is bullshit because a few min in photoshop and some fan ripped sprite sheets and you'd easily have perfect high resolution blow ups of any of the game's old assets.
>>
>all these ports and shit and we barely ever get news of anything final fantasy 8 or 9

Are they considered shit by SE? Or dark sheeps?
>>
>>319452467
Nice bait.
>>
They've lost the original assets. Yes, they could easily get them back but reusing shit you already have on file is way easier.
>>
>>319451275

>reminder that this kind of shit is what people keep asking for when talking about an FF7 remake

>bluh bluh I dont want a fully realised world and updated combat engine! I want the exact same game but with upscaled graphics!

The FF6 PC release is a perfect example of how that would turn out. An ugly pointless version which loses the heart and soul of the original.

Fuck me when I saw the part where Terra Biggs and Wedge were in the snow I almost threw up.
>>
>>319455391

They've said if they were to do another game like FF7 they'd probably do one of the SNES games.

Hopefully they're talking about FF6 because jesus christ an opened up version of that game would be heavenly.
>>
File: 1448490007678.gif (481 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1448490007678.gif
481 KB, 225x225
just
dont
buy
it
>>
>>319455391
Final Fantasy 8 had its PC version re-released on Steam and Squares own store a few years ago. I don't know what sort of news you are expecting.

9 doesn't have a PC version to re-release, nor a modern release of any kind to port. They'd have to actually do some work to get it done, so I doubt they'll bother.
>>
>>319451275
>this was on the steamdb/whatever leak
I mean, FF 6 getting a PC release was predictable, but still...
>>
>>319455696
But are they completely blind and deaf? How can they not realize that people hate this new look?
>>
Because it would certainly be difficult to emulate a SNES game on PC in 2015.
>>
>>319451275
Someone is buying VI for PC?

There is literally a 100% functioning emulator for every platform the game came out on. PS1, GBA, DS, SNES, why not just get one of those if you wanna play on PC? And there's a ton more options on what you want it to look like because there are rom packs and filters.
>>
>>319455729
>PC release
Its the same shit on mobiles, stop your pkek maymays
>>
>>319455391
8 or 9 would obviously be harder to do than 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6.
>>
>>319451275
Just emulate the GBA version witht he hard mode hack for fucks sake
>>
I hate how they don't even bother to change the android/iOS menus in all the old FFs on steam.
They are ugly as sin god damn.
>>
>>319456127
Look at it from their perspective: Who gives a fuck? It's not a major release like VIIR or XV. It's a niche market and, at best, a quick buck. They're just gonna slap together the assets they already have and throw a price tag on it. They're not gonna put effort into a niche market that won't gather much of a return. Even if it would be minimal effort, it's still effort they don't give a shit about.
>>
People seem to think that King of Fighters 14 looks better than 13.

I don't get people these days
>>
The backgrounds are mostly fine, really. Some of the tiling is shit but eh. The battle screens are all arguably better than the original.

The character sprites are what's complete shit and the interface is ugly but it was designed for phones
>>
>>319456163
I'm not buying this thing, but if they actually did even the slightest amount of work to get a good version on Steam I probably would have bought that.
>>
File: 1398636980845.jpg (66 KB, 623x469) Image search: [Google]
1398636980845.jpg
66 KB, 623x469
>>319451275
Hi Kotaku.
>>
I don't understand Square. They had a perfectly fine style going with the PSX remakes of 1 and 2, then they fucked everything with the PSP and Mobile remakes of every single Nintendo era game. 1 through 6. All ugly as sin. The ones that aren't 3D look like generic RPG Maker games, complete with terrible mismatching tiles, and the 3D games are DS graphics.

I'll stick to the originals or the GBA versions, thanks.
>>
>>319451275
It's literally that one stupid looking emulator filter
Just emulate the SNES or GBA version and add the hard mode patch
>>
How do you go from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU1W7b4B2tY

To this?
https://youtu.be/y4gwmhOl0ZQ?t=2m32s
>>
>>319455091
Honestly why I liked Chrono Trigger so much it also rids itself of this weird "enemies have detailed models but not detailed attacks the players are the other way around" contradictory thing.

>>319455313
But most MMO bosses are rightfully huge. Like it makes sense for Ragnaros to be that big, or for Garrosh to turn humongous too after using an Old God artifact.
>>
>>319456753
I thought PSP versions are generally considered great looking. I know the psp version of 4 at least is thought to be the best one.
>>
The screenshot is just some random pic of the mobile version I googled, I don't actually know if they'll change the interface or anything. I just saw the ugly looking character art from the trailer in my youtube feed.

>>319456712
What?
>>
>>319456861
By going from a major release intended to be a big money maker for the company, to a cheap quick dollar intended to be cheaply made and sold at a low price to increase profits. SNES version was a $60 game and brought in a TON of profit, iPhone was like $10 and probably bought someone a lunch.
>>
>>319457490
They still had to pay someone to generate the new assets. Was that really cheaper than ripping the old ones from the SNES/GBA/PS1 versions?
Not to mention they would then likely have sold a couple more copies, and not gotten just more hostility from people that used to love their games.
>>
>>319457969
>was that really cheaper
More than likely. Yes. As others have pointed out, Square claims they've lost the assets. Which honestly is pretty believable. I can't think of any other reason they'd waste time/money making new stuff for such a small release
>>
>the classic iconic sprites always looked like they were destroying their lower back just standing there
>the newer sprites do the same damn thing

I have never cared much for the FF sprites, and I wish they would just find a nice aesthetic for side sprites. I would really enjoy seeing a new turn based FF.

>tfw I was kinda diggin' FFV pc's ui, it just required about an hours worth of brushing up to be fine

Still looks like they're gonna use the shitty FFVI mobile ui design though.
>>
I kinda hate VI so I just find this funny.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.