[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: xenoblade-chronicles-bundle.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-bundle.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
Rate and discuss
http://strawpoll.me/6211295
>>
A million sold world wide by the end of the year. Screen cap this thread
>>
>>319414382
still shipping/10
fucking amazon.
>>
>>319414382
ONE
>>
>>319414628
You're retarded. It hasn't even sold 100k yet.
>>
4/5
The characters and soundtrack pale heavily in comparison to XC1, but exploring and getting your classes up feels really good.
The JUMPING is satisfying in its own right.

I wholly acknowledge that the other game I bought in the same week - Bloodborne - is a better game, but I CAN'T put this game down.
Thankfully I've gotten my girlfriend hooked on XCX too, so I can get her to play and give me an excuse to boot up the PS4.

If it gets better, which I'm told it will soon since I'm nearing Chapter 5, it will probably be my GOTY.
It's just missing a Shulk, Reyn or Dunban-tier character.
Fuck Tatsu.
>>
>>319414878
America isn't the entire world.

The game has already sold 300k in Japan.
>>
>>319414790
No
>>
>>319415273
TWO?
>>
>>319415035
It still won't get a million in 20 days.
>>
3/5 thanks to localization.

The dialoge is REALLY cringeworthy, as are some of the name changes. Skell is just the tip of the iceberg. The worst is really just the voiced dialogue, woulda preferred DA.

That aside, I'd give it a 4/5 if the localization wasn't such shit. It's fun, and very deep, but lacks the charm of the first.
>>
>>319415591
It will
>>
>>319414702
Are you serious?
Just fucking buy it in a shop.

I've seen multiple collector's editions in the shelves here in my town just yesterday
>>
Why are there so many threads today promoting Xenoblade in a weird corporate sort of way followed by many posts that seem almost planned out beforehand and praising the game?
>>
>>319418375
it isnt selling well so the doing it for free shills are here
>>
>>319418375
Because you forgot your tinfoil hat
>>
1. The text in game is too small for it to work on a TV.
2. There is no volume slider to turn up or down the voices/music.
3. The camera feels very slow and has a annoying ice effect even at the highest settings.

Opinion based problems: No boob slider, combats shit, potato.
>>
>>319418375
because nintendo defense force is at full force after their most hyped game flopped hard
>>
>mfw the skell battle themes and combat

Is there a reason why I wouldn't have all my chars in skells? Like besides fuel is there a downside?
>>
>>319414382
On a personal enjoyment scale, 9.5 out of 10. There were a couple niggling things that bothered me, but I loved the game enough to look past them for the most part.
>>
File: oblivia.jpg (723 KB, 2234x1330) Image search: [Google]
oblivia.jpg
723 KB, 2234x1330
>>319414382
>>
>>319420689
On a game design scale, 18 out of 20.

I sort of understand the reasoning behind affinity quests locking you out of story quests and vice versa, but it's still bothersome, especially when one or the other require you to find some kind of item crystal in the world so often which means you may be forced to either look up a guide or spend forever looking everywhere all over a contintent to find something that may spawn in batches of one or two on a lakeside when you need four and the chance of an item crystal being that item isn't even 30%, like, you can't ALWAYS find it there. Either you should have been able to highlight the crystals you want somehow by focusing that quest, making them glow red or lavender or something, or having found even one of them through your playthrough should give you the ability to see, either by zone name or map marking, the general spot they can be found. The reason this brings down the score is because it happens just often enough to be bothersome.

I mean, I sort of get why? Like, certain elements of the game almost feel like a deliberate callback to an age of JRPGs where all the information about everything wasn't just handed to you on a silver platter, and I definitely appreciate that to a degree, such as actually having to glance at a manual to understand how certain mechanics work the way they do, or strategy guides actually having useful information for game completion. Even so, a lack of mechanics to help you find item crystals at all definitely feels contrived, pointlessly convoluted. For item crystal bullshit, one point is deducted.

The music I find works with the setting, but unfortunately it is of a quality and genre that not everyone is going to appreciate, especially with so many tracks having lyrics, particularly battle and flight themes. I can't give full points for something that is so strongly subjective. Additionally, while some voices work very well, quality is inconsistent for others. One point deducted.
>>
>>319418828
>combat's shit
Nig, combat is amazing. It's a huge improvement in every area over the previous Xenoblade. Secondary cooldown mechanics alone make the whole cooldown system so much more enjoyable because there's actually a reason to hold back on using an Art the moment you have it, so you might get some kind of boost or benefit by letting it charge a second time. The variety in Art effects and combo potential is great and the game puts a lot of lower end MMORPGs to shame in a lot of ways.

When you take the time to tweak them, Soul Voices really help you feel like you're in total control of combat in any given situation by making sure you ask party members to do certain action types under certain circumstances.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.