[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think XCOM 2 will be a better game than the first one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1434220134162.png (2 MB, 2052x2496) Image search: [Google]
1434220134162.png
2 MB, 2052x2496
Do you think XCOM 2 will be a better game than the first one?
>>
to be honest i dont know, i tried playing xcom enemy within, but the turn based stuff didn't seem like much fun and the base management seemed pretty tedious
>>
I'm scared it will be boring but if they just stick to the formula it should be fine.
>>
>>319404385
I hope so. I liked both previous games.
>>
>>319404385

Better than first one, but not better than Long War Mod for first one... for now
>>
File: 1434217672047.jpg (103 KB, 860x580) Image search: [Google]
1434217672047.jpg
103 KB, 860x580
>>319404508

So I'm guessing you never played any of the previous games either?
>>
>>319404385
> that image

why isnt he saying his line?
>>
>>319404757
wait, i meant enemy unknown

blue boxart

never played any other
>>
>>319404385
EU was trash.
EW was trash with OP as fuck additions and piss easy new missions.
XCOM 2 trailers look like someone took a shit on a pile of trash.

I'd rather see them try and reboot Apocalypse than ruin the original idea further.
>>
>>319405540
What are your thoughts on Xenonauts?
>>
>>319405682
It was okay. Lots of problems, from how the engine works with levels to some basic stuff like UFO interior designs and amount of enemies per mission. Art direction was questionable too.
Night missions were really good and reminded me of original game, though. Night missions in Firaxis game lacked all the atmosphere and tension, just had cold color palette compared to daytime.

It's also amazing how people these days are still unable to replicate the tile-based map generation and 3D projectile paths from a game from early 90s. Maps in Xenonauts used tiles, but they were so huge that every second map felt the same.
>>
File: AYY THIN MAN TIME.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
AYY THIN MAN TIME.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Despite the bullshit of EU/EW, it's fucking fun to play
>>
I'm hoping for as much. As long as it's similar to the first one and don't go too out there I don't see how they can screw up. Firaxis is pretty based overall.
>>
File: 1434218157763.png (16 KB, 410x393) Image search: [Google]
1434218157763.png
16 KB, 410x393
Well, here's hoping that they don't mess it up and deliver on what they promised.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.