[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is gaming in 2015 >inb4kotaku
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (138 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
138 KB, 750x1334
This is gaming in 2015
>inb4kotaku
>>
>>319403698

His example is right though, hacking is tedious shit.
>>
who fucking cares

and hes not wrong anyway

he just hasnt ever heard of a trainer
>>
He's wrong because they don't just want I win buttons for tedious shit in casual games, they want what used to be "hardcore" franchises to cater to casuals, they want what used to be a risque character covered up, and etc.

These people with their incessant demands that every game be the same terrible casual-approved crap are killing video games.
>>
>>319404117
>my slippery slope

back to the ocho, faGGot
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2bKVEVUOPg&t=13m56s
>>
>>319403698
There are mods for both of those things. Kotaku being casual console faggots as usual
>>
>>319403698
Don't worry anon, I don't care, what I do care about is
>phone

Fuck off normalfag scum. You're just as bad as the people you make fun of.
>>
>>319404538
When you turn 16 your mum might buy you one bro, don't be mad.
>>
A game has to present a challenge. It needs a win state and a lose state (whether that's "game over" or the player just giving up). To me at least, that is the fundamental of video games: challenge and reward (progression). If there is a cheat (let's not mix words, it's a way of passing a challenge without having the necessary skill to beat it) then what's the point of having the challenge in the first place?

If you don't want a challenge, don't play a game. I remember around the debacle that was Mass Effect 3, someone like Jennifer Hepler said that she used the killall console command and generally didn't like the gameplay part of the game - just the decisions of the player and the story they create. This is EXACTLY what a visual novel is.
>>
>>319406070

It needs a win state OR a lose state, not necessarily both

Endless runners don't have a win state but they are unarguably games

Games need an objective and a win or lose state. It can have both but that is not necessary, as the objective can be tied to either a win or lose state
>>
>>319403698
Then don't make a build that relies on Hacking.
Or does FO4 force that shit?
>>
>>319403698
They're an idiot, but right about Fallout's hacking.
>>
>>319403698
no, this is just one shitty opinion among millions

1/10 thread makes the holocaust look like disney land
>>
>>319403698
>And if you couldn't resist using an I win button ... how is that everyone else's problem
This is what they're wrong about. Even for people who don't want the I win button, having it there while they're putting in effort to actually beat the game is a huge kick in the face and makes the experience shitty and not rewarding.
No one actually cares how you want to enjoy your game, by all means go use a trainer or cheats or whatever, but such a button would affect my enjoyment as well.
>>
>>319403698
>>319407776

>>319407776
>>
>>319403698
There is an I win button for Hacking, it's no clip, and only PC has it.
>>
File: 67899.png (602 KB, 725x800) Image search: [Google]
67899.png
602 KB, 725x800
This is real life in 2015
>>
>>319408979
I've never understood fat people glorifying an unhealthy body. It's like a person with a black plague saying "Nah, I'm alright guys...this is just the way I was made."

It's stupid as fuck.
>>
File: 53-Shadowrun10.mp4.Still060[1].jpg (121 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
53-Shadowrun10.mp4.Still060[1].jpg
121 KB, 512x448
Minigames aren't bad just because Bethesda doesn't have the skill and restraint to pull them off correctly.

A lot of developers have done this, put a little minigame where you need to pick a lock or hack a computer. Bioshock and Deus Ex instantly come to mind. The main problem with Bethsda's version is that you end up doing these minigames not dozens of times, but hundreds of times. And so yes, it gets aggravating and makes you wonder why it even asks you to pick an "easy" lock when you're way past that skill level. So in a way, it's not the minigame, it's the length of the main game that hurts the experience.

Now Shadowrun for the SNES had a fun ass hacking minigame. It was like minesweeper but you walked around instead of clicking. God damn it was fun, and not overused, I looked forward to the minigame everytime it popped up. Point is, it can be done correctly, begging for an "I win" button is pretending it can't.
>>
>>319406070
That's a real hot opinion you've got there.
>>
>>319404248
Except it's already happening.
>>
>>319403698
>'I WIN' buttons
no, you just need to "GIT GUD"
>strayan
is this shitposting in real life? or strayans are just that stupid?
>>
>>319404248
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>319403698
>too shit to beat the game
How is that everyone else's problem?
>>
>>319403698
It's a non-issue.
If you want automatic progress, gues what, there's LP's or playthroughs.
>>
Bioware and CDPR games have a story mode option.
>>
>>319404117

>chatting at the bar with friends about games
>they keep complaining about Dark Souls
>Mention I've beaten it about 4 times
>they get really quiet then immediately change the topic

I didn't realize I knew such disgusting normalfags until that night.
>>
>>319409070
>Comparing being fat to having plague
>Thinking negative reinforcement will actually help anyone
You're just going to make them fatter from stress and stress eating. What we need is to stop picking on each other for stupid shit.

That said, most body positivity shit is fucking retarded. If you won't or can't lose weight, that's fine, but you have no right to impose beauty standards on others.

99% of fat acceptance supporters are just fat women who are shallow as fuck and only wanna fuck fit me. And then they get mad when their shallow choices lead them to equally shallow men who won't fuck them. I hope they drown in their hypocrisy.
>>
File: 1430372491363.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1430372491363.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
I'd say the issue isn't his attitude, its that most mainstream games are boring and people have a shitload of buyers remorse.

>FO4
>Story
>>
>>319403698
But he's right.
Saying otherwise would be like saying that games shouldn't have resolution options or volume sliders because you play at a certain resolution and volume level.
>>
>>319410396
They probably thought you were being "that guy" by making a ridiculous boast that wouldn't be possible even with a Herculean amount of effort. Makes it funnier that way.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
Super Mario already has this and so does Grand Theft Auto V among other games. If you fail a few times, you can have the game beat it for you.

I dont really see anything wrong with that. It's like the Chicken hat in Metal Gear Solid V.
>>
>Gaming will turn into 'everyone gets a participation trophy' bullshit as well.
It's like elementary school all over again.
>>
>>319408979
>Students at the University of Maryland will have the change to "engage fatness" next term as part of a "Fat Studies" course offered by the school's American Studies department
>Fat Studies
>offered by the American Studies department
Tippity toppity kekkington
>>
>>319410693
If you just want to enjoy the story instead of the gameplay, then watch a movie or play a VN

>NSMB Super guide
Hell, that's stupid as fuck. Why are you even playing Mario if you want the game to play for you? Not to mention it's a pretty easy game
>>
>>319409615
>>319410410
Based responses.

/thread
>>
>>319410932
The point is that it let's casuals get past parts that they are having difficulty with but don't have the patience or time to get good.
I don't use it, but I think it's good to have.
>>
>>319408359
Like in every FO game, hacking is completely optional. As is lockpicking.
>>
>>319411108
And my point is, why?
Why would someone play a Mario game and use Super Guide at all? Isn't the whole point of the game to beat every challenge? There is no story or anything else to enjoy in fucking Mario.
>>
>>319404117
So true. I can't imagine why these people even play games when they aren't smart enough/patient enough for the harder games.

> b-but they must cater to my wants! WAHHH.

What a bunch of manbabbies.
>>
>>319403698

Actually for once, I like this idea. It could potentially work in our favour.

If games had a "win" button then games could be designed to be a lot more difficult because if the casuals can't do it they can still move on and can feasibly buy the game with no regrets.

One of the reasons games are watered down in sequels is because feedback from bad players who couldn't beat the game is taken on board. If the devs made something too difficult for them they could say "fuck you here's your win button".

Win/win desu.
>>
>>319409070
I think it's reasonable to be pissed off at people who are just constantly giving you shit for being fat, completely unprovoked.
But I don't really see how it logically follows that all criticism of obesity is apparently wrong or whatever, either factually or ethically.
>>
>>319411497
Why would casuals even play a game like that? They can just must watch a movie or a VN if they are going to skip everything
>>
>>319411296
Maybe it's some bull shit underwater level that the person doesn't like or something and he was having fun up until that point. Let the guy skip it and have fun again.
>>
File: 1441790246579.jpg (56 KB, 460x727) Image search: [Google]
1441790246579.jpg
56 KB, 460x727
>>319403698
He should go play Blackguards.

Maybe he would become bit less of a weenie.
>>
>>319403698
OP you didn't inb4kotaku you posted kotaku

weirdo
>>
>>319403698
Kotaku is a bunch of fake gamers anyways.
>>
>>319411635

Because they want to talk about the big new games and their storylines/characters etc? They can have all the image and leave the gameplay goodness for us.
>>
>>319411296
Maybe the player is really young or elderly or retarded or whatever and generally enjoys the gameplay but just can't get past this one part and is tired of failing again and again.
Seems pretty harmless although unnecessary for post players. So long as it isn't framed as a normal part of gameplay I don't really see anything wrong with letting players cheat to their heart's content.
>>
>>319411638
People today totally miss the definition of game.
Let's put it simply, why are you playing Mario?
For the story? Definitely not
Awesome graphics? Definitely not
God-tier music? Definitely not
Isn't it maybe because you like to beat platform games? Doesn't "beat" them imply you want to play every level and reach the end?
>>
>>319411909
> Because they want to talk about the big new games and their storylines/characters etc?
Play a VN or watch a movie then, storyline and characters in a game are secondary and shouldn't be more important than gameplay. EVER.
>>
File: 1444161507495.png (9 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1444161507495.png
9 KB, 500x492
>play fo4 with little thought or effort
>ezpz even at harder difficulties
>some people have problems when playing seriously
Is there a word for a level below casual?
>>
>>319412510
Some people aren't perfectionists and are okay with admitting that they aren't good enough and don't have the time to get better. They just want to pick the levels they want to play.
>>
The hacking is so easy to mod it so there is just one word
>>
>>319413320
Then make every level playable from the start
>>
To be honest, he is right by saying that shit is tedious.

But the thing is, the payoff should be worth the fucking tediousness.

If I open a locked safe or something I expect there to be something that was worth my time, and dependant on the difficulty of the pick.

So, if I opened a Very Easy lock. I expect the lock to open without having to move the bobby pin and for me to get some crappy items like some ammo, or 20 bottlecaps, whereas a Very Hard lock should take me some more time, and give me something unique or hard to come by.

Instead we just get tedious lock picking that gives you similar items no matter if it's easy or hard. Same with terminals. Very Easy should take less time, but less loot, and Very Hard should take more time and more loot.
>>
>>319413029
Normalfags-who-pretend-to-like-videogames
>>
>>319413029

Undertale
>>
>>319410560

Probably, considering they also got annoyed when I said New Vegas was my favorite fallout game, and Devil May Cry 3 is the best game ever made.

Their reasoning was that DMC3 was too hard and there 'was nothing to do in New Vegas'.

It wasn't like it was hard to beat DaS a bunch, anyways. It's just basic pattern recognition after a point. I've beaten it way more then four fucking times, I just lowered it because saying things like "I speedran DS1 for fun and spent five hours learning skips while practicing lines for a play" makes me sound autistic.
>>
>>319407814
I thought about this, and figured in that sort of game (or puzzle games where you can't figure out the answer) then the player giving up would be "losing" in a sense.
>>
>>319411513
Yeah pretty much.These people probably realise they have a problem, but being harsh, blunt and nonconstructive about these things cause them to withdraw further into themselves. Shame does weird things to a person.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.