[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would anyone else have been happy with just a 1:1 remake with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 16
File: 45266535.jpg (50 KB, 1024x578) Image search: [Google]
45266535.jpg
50 KB, 1024x578
Would anyone else have been happy with just a 1:1 remake with modern graphics?
>>
You are the cancer killing everything.
>>
>>319403696
its what the fans wanted
>>
>>319403696
No.
>>
>>319403696
No.
Then I realized it would probably been for the best.
>>
>>319403696
You mean a Remaster, right?
>>
>>319404165
no, thats like FFX HD. just more of a touch up on the graphics and not a complete overhaul.
>>
>>319403696
Actually yes it would bother the shit out of me.

My first fucking game was Joust, but if they remade Joust with the same gameplay with updated graphics I'd probably flip my shit because it would just play odd as fuck.

It's just like a turned based RPG playing with these sorts of graphics. It doesn't fucking flow right.
>>
Yes that's literally exactly what I wanted
>>
File: Cloud-then-Cloud-now.jpg (448 KB, 3373x2017) Image search: [Google]
Cloud-then-Cloud-now.jpg
448 KB, 3373x2017
>>319403696
What's the point of a 1:1 remake?
>>
>>319404996
Cloud now looks like he has ebola
>>
>>319405158
It's called mako poisoning, anon.
>>
>>319404734
You're a retard that wants to pay for the same thing twice.
Go back to reddit.
>>
>>319403696
No.

The closer the remake would be to the original source material, the more stark the changes would be, and the more people there would be complaining about it. See: The FFX remasters

Taking this "Same song different instruments" approach is probably the safest bet they can make. Embrace the differences so people can't call them out on them.
>>
File: super-mario-all-stars-02.png (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-all-stars-02.png
75 KB, 640x480
>>319403696
I'd be okay with that.
>>
>>319403696
Not 1:1. Some changes to bring it up to modern standards. Maybe make the environments a little different, so it's not exactly the same journey. Perhaps new puzzles, perhaps new pathways, places you can go that you couldn't before, that kind of thing.

An overhaul of the combat mechanics would have been fine, but instead they threw the baby out with the bath water and now it doesn't even approach being the same game. It's something new entirely.
>>
You really think developers would want to be told "Okay guys we're gonna make the EXACT same game we made last time with no changes whatsoever except for graphics"

That's honestly just a waste of everyone's time.
>>
>>319405432
He doesn't.

He just has...lips.

Go outside sometime. Look at other human beings.
>>
>>319403696
Not at all. It would also need a remastered OST, new content, and voice acting for today.
>>
I'm just using it for jerk off material. Never really enjoyed traditional JRPGs, and VII's plot isn't compelling enough to make me care about a remake.

Faps and Cutscenes are what this is good for. I'm glad it's being produced.
>>
>>319405158
Cloud looks like my female neighbor
>>
>>319405619
>tfw trying to find fap material for a story heavy game you haven't played while trying to avoid spoilers

It's like doing surgery.
>>
>>319404996
Because the original is what people liked, a 1:1 remake's purpose is to make the original more accessible and pretty while keeping the same spirit alive.

If you want to change stuff in the process just make an original game.
>>
I've played Final fantasy 1-7 and the compilation of FF7. None of the games in the FF7 series had good gameplay in comparison with other games that were around at the time or that had come before.
Final Fantasy 7 had a very poor battle system compared with most of the final fantasy games that came before it. Part of it stems from the fact that all of the characters relied on materia rather than having their own class or job like in previous final fantasies, this meant that the only reason to choose one character over another really was their limit breaks or the fact that they had a ranged weapon. There's no need to strategise through most of the game and encounters really come down to mash x until they're dead and heal occasionally or mash aqualung until they're dead and heal occasionally. If you want to get really technical then you can cast reflect on yourself then aqualung for 3x aqualung to the enemy.
There's also less armour and weapon slots than in previous FF games which means there's less ways to customise your already homogenised characters.
Final Fantasy 7's gameplay is what needs updating more than anything with this remake. Whether turning it into an action game rather than turn-based is a good idea has yet to be seen but for me it was the story and world that were good about FF7 and not the gameplay at all. I'd be happy with the story being shown in the same way if the game was just more fun to actually play.
>>
>>319405432
His lips look like Joosten's lips.
Cloud a cutie now.
>>
>>319403696
Pretty much, but with more emphasis on a better, uncensored, localisation than we got before
>>
>>319406072
Don't listen to this anon. He are sick.
>>
>>319405261
I own two hard copies, and 3 digital copies of FFVII. Fuck off poorfag.
>>
>>319405775
This game isn't for you. It's for the new generation of faggots who haven't played the old game yet because it looks outdated like my niece who thinks she's FF's #1 fan because she played FF13 and its sequels. The only justice here is I'm fingering her once a fortnight for you jaded fucks.
>>
>>319405549
Well the EXACT same game was the one that sold millions, and is widely considered the greatest game ever made by people of that generation.

Which I should remind you: that is exactly who the remake is for.
>>
>>319405795
While reading this I really wanted to disagree but I can't. FFVII is the greatest game ever made to me, and I really want others to see why. I'm just not sure that they will with it being changed so much.

But you make a lot of sense. I can deal with the gameplay, as long as they keep the materia system very similar. But if they change the story in any major way, I am going to be livid.
>>
>>319405738
Damn. Give her the ol' buster sword
>>
>>319406540
I am not saying that I dislike it. I really enjoyed FF7 and played it much faster than previous FF games, even 6 which i would say was the best. I was very impressed by the direction, cinematic feel when cutscene transitions back to character control, stuff like that. I also found the pacing fairly good since you almost always know where to go next and there's not lots of backtracking or getting lost like in previous games.

I don't mind them changing the story as long as it's subtle things here and there. If it's big stuff then obviously it's going to cause problems. It'd be nice to have a bit more to do in towns maybe since there's not normally much going on in them.
>>
>>319406540
Oh, as for materia. I think it's a good system but not on its own as it is in the game. I think materia needs to be used to augment character's natural abilities rather than allowing you to give everyone the same set of skills.
Characters sort of have classes in the game when you get them, but it's tied to materia so while you can leave Cid as a Dragoon by leaving the Jump materia on him, there'll never be progression to more dragoon skills with him which means it's a little pointless. Same with Cait-Sith and his enemy control thing.
Tifa's clearly supposed to be a monk and that comes through on her limit breaks but it'd be nice for her to learn other monk skills like counter, kick, maybe some sabin type stuff as she levels up.
>>
What would I do is rebalance item and ability stats, so you have to win battles not by grinding, but by executing good tactics. Would make summons less powerful, but more versatile (you still would have to watch cutscene, because summons will still be cheat). I would also add more high-level secret content.
But Squeenix are not me, so if they release the game as it was, it would be the best move.
>>
>>319403696
I would've been okay with anything, to be honest.
No matter how shitty the game become with every news i'll still buy it.
But the episodic is just too fucking much, i mean why the fuck would i buy the same game three times if already know the whole story?
>>
>>319407242
I think this would be a good idea, but FFVII wasn't supposed to have the traditional job system.

I don't mind subtle changes to reflect the times, but I'm bracing myself for major changes to reflect the market/audience, which I wholeheartedly expect. Squaresoft/Enix has been my favourite company since I was a kid, but I started to lose faith in them after FFXIII and its sequels. I just don't have the confidence in them that I used to where I knew the next game was going to be great, a 8+/10 game at the very least.

Thanks to that lack of confidence, I just don't trust what they're going to do with the game I've been clamoring for for 18 years. To be honest, I wish this remake happened 5 years ago. I trusted Square then.

>>319407583
Agree with more secret end-game content. The game was fantastic on its own, but end-game content doesn't change the story and it'd be nice to have more to do when you finish with the Weapons.
>>
>>319407865
Maybe just making characters have an affinity for materia which would power them up more would have worked better. Give Aeris an affinity for healing materia, Cloud for damaging magic, Tifa for physical attacks, Red for sense materia.
That way you could still customise people with whatever materia you want but they could use less MP or do more damage with certain characters.
>>
File: 5a5tq1h.png (231 KB, 590x423) Image search: [Google]
5a5tq1h.png
231 KB, 590x423
>all these people who honestly believe if a game is older, then it's gameplay has expired like milk
>>
>>319408185
Final Fantasy 7's gameplay was not good at the time compared with other games in its own series. It hasn't done anything to improve that with age.
>>
>>319408398
>Final Fantasy 7's gameplay was not good at the time
>literally born in the 2000s
>>
>>319408145
I like this idea a lot, though there is one glaring flaw... Aerith. I'd like a healer that can stick around haha
>>
Will they make the option to save Aeris/Aerith real?

Will they hide it behind a paywall?

Place your bets!
>>
>>319408523
Maybe make it so that if someone with an affinity for a materia maxes it out then it acts as if it has affinity for other party members. Or just make Vincent a healer or something.
>>
>>319403696
Not me. Add new combat. It would look retarded realistic characters with nice animations standing like faggots while being hit and walking up to enemies one by one to attack them.

I liked FF7 battle but it was simplified just like the graphics. You don't need to do that shit anymore.
>>
>>319408809
>Vincent
>Healer

You take that back, filthy knave
>>
>>319408957
Fine, Cid then. Whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>319405795
>Final Fantasy 7's gameplay is what needs updating more than anything with this remake

yes, but that doesn't mean they have to get rid of the turn based battle system in favour of an action one.
Make the enemy AI more competent, force the player to use a wider variety of materia in order to beat enemies, give more armor slots
make more interesting enemy battle formations
make MP regenerate each turn so battles don't devolve into attack spam

also, job systems are only good in games like FFT and FFV where you can switch jobs
>>
>>319409265

Aeris is the healer, you kekold.

Also cait sith.
>>
>>319404274
soooo a remaster?
>>
File: Barret.jpg (6 KB, 192x217) Image search: [Google]
Barret.jpg
6 KB, 192x217
>>319409654
>using Cat Shit
>>
>>319409473
I did say that I didn't necessarily think that meant getting rid of the turn-based system.
>Whether turning it into an action game rather than turn-based is a good idea has yet to be seen...

I don't think there's need to make MP regenerate each turn when you could use osmosis instead, but I agree with everything else you're suggesting.
Characters in FF1, FF4 and FF6 had classes which sort of matched some jobs from 3 and 5. These worked and helped to give characters personality or tied in with their personality. I'd like to see something like this in FF7 to stop all of my characters from having 5HP up, 5MP up materia and then a heal-all and an enemy skill. There's very little battle diversity in the cast.

>>319409654
After she dies, who will be the healer? I was jovially suggesting people who weren't well suited to the job.
>>
When i was 12 and played ff7 i used to imagine what it would be like remade as a 3d platformer
>>
No. I would rather have an overworld than an open world though.

Keep the up close camera and shit in towns, dungeons etc but outside on the planet should be overworld style. No random battles in towns, dungeons etc, only on the overworld.
>>
>>319405795
>There's no need to strategise through most of the game and encounters really come down to mash x until they're dead and heal occasionally or mash aqualung until they're dead and heal occasionally

You claim to have played all FFs as some kind of proof of your credentials then you try to pretend the above is a problem only FF7 had? Pretty much every FF is 90% random battles where you mash X, FF7 is no different.
>>
>>319409932
>No random battles in towns, dungeons etc, only on the overworld.

So, visible enemies in dungeons and random on the overworld?
I'd be okay with that. They could also make roads in between locations as a way of avoiding random encounters, like they did in VIII
>>
If they kept the turn based combat then being able to move your camera and not having it be static would be next down your line of complaints.
You guys are autistic and companies are right to not listen to you.
>>
>>319403696
Yes, my hopes were that they would do what capcom did with REmake. Add a bit more of content perhaps, flesh out more characters but, leave the game untouched apart from graphical updates.
>>
>>319410178
It's more apparent in FF7 than in many of the others. There's also more going on with the levelling systems in the other games which means you'll often have to change things up as you spec into other job classes or unlock new skills.
In final fantasy 5 and 6, I think in most battles I didn't just resort to mashing x, I was actually using character skills even on trash mobs because it was faster. Probably the same for 4 as well given that all characters had special skills in that.
With FF7 my tactics for bosses were the same as for regular enemies, hit them and heal occasionally. In previous final fantasies I would need a team that could apply buffs, heal, deal damage in different ways, etc.

It is a problem with lots of the final fantasy games, but combat and character customisation is the least engaging in 7 compared with all the other games before it.
Really it's more of a problem with the genre that you can just wipe trash mobs with auto-attacks.
>>
>>319410624
You bring up some good points, but I seriously question your assertion that VII's combat was less engaging than FFI-VI. V had really engaging combat, but I? Even VI? I'm not sure you played them at this point.
>>
I think that the XII battle system would be a good alternative. I really liked it
>>
>>319407242
Trails in the Sky blocks certain slots to only one type of "Materia" (water, fire, etc), and everyone gives a plus/minus in different things (evasion, defense, etc.)

Trails in the Sky system is the natural evolution of FFVII system. I hope they use something like that for Materia system in the Remake.
>>
>>319409802
>use osmosis instead

I don't know, it usually takes a while before you get osmosis and most battles before that end up being boring
I'd like an mp system like the one in Tactics Ogre where your MP starts at zero and slowly regenerates, or the BP system from Romancing Saga
Heck, FF 4 heroes of Light had the AP system that you could restore with the defend command
I find all of those more interesting than the classic mp system
>>
>>319410848
>Trails in the Sky

MY ETERNAL NIGGER
>>
>>319410806
okay, if they gave you all the gambits from the start, and automatically disabled gambits for the leader, I'd be fine with that
>>
>>319410806
Yes, this. FFXII had amazing gameplay. It's just a shame that the story and cast were some of the worst in FF history.
>>
File: 1438613720308.jpg (27 KB, 415x423) Image search: [Google]
1438613720308.jpg
27 KB, 415x423
>>319403696
I won't be happy no matter what
>>
>>319410763
I had more fun with 6's combat than most of them. I really liked the little differences in character special skills such as Sabin's street fighter commands and Cyan's charge meter risk-reward type thing. Also the different stat bonuses based on equipped summon was quite fun since you could increase stats in areas where they were lacking by choosing the right ones for your party.
The bits where you split up into multiple parties were good too because the game didn't make it so hard that your lower level characters would wipe and it made me realise that if I used characters in certain ways then they weren't as bad as I thought.

As for FF1, its more that there was more going on with the armour and things than FF7 had and that bosses were harder so you did need to buyy and stuff.
You're probably right that 7 has more going for it in battle than 1. 1 still had more equipment slots and classes though which meant you had to strategise more in battle depending on your class.
>>
Yes, and no.

Some stuff needs to stay. The spirit, the theme, some of the mechanics like the materia and other gameplay elements. But others can change, the graphics, the way the world is built.

I want the FF7 we all dreamed of if we were playing it 20 years in the future.

I'm really quite interested in what they do come up with.
>>
>>319405795
What a shame the remake's gameplay will be just as braindead, assuming it will be the same as FF15's.

>>319410848
Trails in the Sky suffered from the same problems that FF7 did i.e making everyone virtually indistinguishable from each other.
>>
>>319404996
I'm just glad they're not using that ultra faggy Jpop idol look from Advent Children.
>>
>>319411239
It looks a bit different that 15's from what I played of 15. I was quite disappointed with 15 actually, given that it looked so cool in the trailers I thought it'd be just that fun to play. It may be because they hadn't added much in the way of magic or skills to the demo I played though.
>>
They could have gone for FFX battle system, they have no issues with it as they just released the HD remake with no gameplay change and that would have been a much better improvement over what we have now.

When I say FFX system I just intend how the turns play out, no such things like character swaps
>>
>>319410854
Oh, and they should make the limit break system more similar to the one in X, where you could customize the way your overdrive gauge got filled
>>
>>319411461
I think that they should make all limit breaks similar to cait sith and tifa's where you get a mini-game which triggers better results for the limit break. I found that fun.
>>
I think that this new battle system that looks like hack n' slash is so bland and repetitive, but maybe it could work. I like Kingdom Hearts 2 gameplay, maybe they're changing to something more KH-like
>>
>>319411710
All they need to is take KH2's gameplay, make block and dodge roll starting abilities, then it's perfect.
>>
>>319411676
that could work too
I also liked the way squall's and zell's limit breaks worked
>>
>>319411883
Haven't played 8 yet.
>>
The only reason the game was good was it's story and setting. Absolutely everything else about the game has aged like spoiled milk, or were shit from the get go.

an action game with the story of FFVII is a fucking godsend.
>>
>>319411239
But they have the crafts in top of it, so some characters were more suited to certain roles than others (Agate focused on attack, Kloe in healing magics, etc.)
>>
>>319412232
That depends on how good the action gameplay is though.
>>
>>319412232
>Absolutely everything else about the game has aged like spoiled milk, or were shit from the get go.

Spotted the millenial
>>
>>319412264
Oh yeah forgot about the crafts, my bad.
>>
File: 730[1].png (537 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
730[1].png
537 KB, 600x450
>>319412232
>an action game
>>
>>319412276
true. but as I said, only thing that was good about 7 was the story, and that carried it into a cult classic. if they replace turn base combat with garbage action gameplay, absolutely nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>319404640
why not?
how would the graphics make any difference to the gameplay?
>>
>>319412382
>implying the combat, character systems, equipment, and overall gameplay isn't strictly worse than 3-5
no, you're fucking wrong.
>>
>>319412408
You're right, but then I'd say it was the gameplay that needs work and not really the story. I'm happy with the story and presentation how it is, although I'll be interested to see what it turns out like.
>>
>>319412408
>shitting on turn-based combat

Fuck off underage faggot.
>>
>>319403696
>turned based shitters still think their mcdonald gameplay is better than action gameplay
keklydoo
>>
Where the hell do you people get off thinking that "the only good thing about VII was its story and setting"?

That's clearly not the case considering that it frequently wins best-game-of-all-time contests, only sometimes losing to Ocarina of Time. It has a cast that fans of the series love, the gameplay was fun and engaging. The battle system seems dated by our standards, but it was top-notch when it came out. Don't agree? Check out Thousand Arms, Legend of Dragoon, or Chrono Cross. (inb4 someone says the games I listed had better battle systems; people hate these battle systems generally speaking). It had the classic RPG feel with the overworld and all the fan favourites from FF history. It had minigames that were entertaining (not all, granted) and a very long average play time for doing the majority of the game.

I just don't see how anyone who gamed in the 90s (and doesn't just hate JRPGs) could possibly say that, so I'm forced to assume that these are just newer kids that only know FFVII by reputation - which says a lot in and of itself.

The game has its flaws, but to say that it has grown to what it is today was ONLY due to story? Come the fuck on.

>>319412514
Thanks for your opinion.
>>
>>319412736
what's it like to be high as shit at 8:30 in the morning?

>implying everyone on earth lives in my timezone
>>
>>319412750
>Check out Thousand Arms, Legend of Dragoon, or Chrono Cross

Legend of Dragoon and Chrono Cross were shit for other reasons besides their battle systems.
>>
>>319412750
i agree with you for the most part but..

even if ffvii DID reach the status that it is in today solely based on its story..

that's even more impressive and says more about the game.

because as far as jrpg's go, that is the highest compliment it can receive. that its story was so good that it is considered by more mature gamers as the best game made
>>
File: Untitled.png (34 KB, 900x575) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34 KB, 900x575
Even if they did that, it would still cost more than most games today. So why half ass that?

They want to make this remake bigger than 7, and the biggest thing they do before they retire.

We're looking at maybe a 400 million dollar game, and Destiny is the only game above that.
>>
>>319412560
get with the times gramps. I grew up with these games and loved em at the time, but i'm not stubborn enough to realize that it's not dated and subpar compared to other (modern) gameplay models.

>>319412750
the turn based combat system used in 7 was in use since FF4 on the NES. it wasn't revolutionary. Might have been polished, but it was absolutely nothing special.
>>
>>319412750
>Chrono Cross

that battle system was good though, the game's problem was its lack of difficulty
>>
>>319412890
Yes, but I was talking only about their battle systems, in the context of VII's battle systems. I appreciate your comment but it has nothing to do with my point.
>>
>>319412750
I have only started playing the FF games in the last 3 or 4 years. I can say with no nostalgia that I found most, if not all, of the previous final fantasy games more engaging in terms of gameplay, both in battle and in menus, managing my characters, than 7's.
>>
>>319412750
>Where the hell do you people get off thinking that "the only good thing about VII was its story and setting"?

Kids who grew up with Kingdom Hearts are now old enough to post here.

>>319412890
Legend of Dragoon's lack of magic made its combat much worse than FF7's.
>>
>>319412980
But how? Destiny looked like it was going to be SO good and it completely flopped. Are people even still playing it?
>>
>>319413028
>shitposting loudly
>>
File: Chiha-Rokuhato.jpg (44 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Chiha-Rokuhato.jpg
44 KB, 600x800
How badly will Tifa be 'downgraded' guys?
>>
>>319412984
>I grew up with these games and loved em at the time, but my attention span keeps getting shorter as i age, so I need button mashing and eye candy to keep my mind occupied

ftfy
>>
>>319413162
It's still a Japanese game. She will still be busty, though I expect a "downgrade". Japan doesn't bow to American political correctness. It'll probably get a lot of shit from Tumblr, but that's about it. She's still going to be a sex symbol in the game.

Thank God for Japan. Sometimes.
>>
>>319413084

Destiny has a planned budget of 500 millions
140 was only for the original 2014 release
>>
>>319413050
>Legend of Dragoon's lack of magic made its combat much worse than FF7's.

this
>>
>>319403696
Nope.

I could've been but I think they're gonna make the world a lot more bigger and open so it makes sense to place enemies here and there and make the combat more action orientated so it doesn't "pause" exploration.

I just want more exploration, I want to see more of midgar and shit, what ordinary peoples lives are like in midgar.

The original was so limited by it's hardware so you got to see a glimpse of this world but nothing more.

I want sprawling streets of midgar and the undercity, side quests all over midgar and shit. I don't give a shit if it's "Kill X monsters on this street and then return to me" I just want to run around Midgar and see it in all it's splendor and ruin
>>
>>319413219
Basically this.
>>
>>319413298
I'm one of the 1:1 faggots, but I really enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for your genuine reply anon.

10/10
>>
I just don't get how they're going to replicate key moments that everybody remembers in battle.

Seriously, explain how they're going to make Super Nova as good if not better.
>>
>>319413219
I can vouch for this. I played JRPGs exclusively in the late 90s and early 2000s. Now whenever I pick up a new RPG, I get about halfway into it and can't find myself able to finish it. I still haven't completed Tales of Xillia, Ni No Kuni, or FFXIII-LR
>>
>>319408470
Not the same guy but it definately is not good now and I don't want any shit like that pausing my gameplay because WHOA RANDOM MONSTER even tough we can technically do the shit otherwise.

random battles were made just because they couldn't have been made any other way to be as "complex" as they were.

Now we can do all that same shit in real time so it makes sense to me to change the battlesystem to real time as it still can have the same level of "complexity" but you just have to move around and dodge boss AoE attack etc. which will be way more fun I predict
>>
No
If I wanted to just play FF7 I'd go play FF7
This mentality of "make the exact same thing" is literally the cancer killing vidya
>>
>>319413446
The one I was wondering about was the JENOVA battle in the Ancient City. You know what I'm talking about. That battle makes my eyes water even today when I play it.
>>
>>319413446
They might keep summons as cutscenes and therefore keep supernova the same. Although it always annoyed me that I couldn't do anything to avoid cutscene attacks in Crisis Core.
>>
>>319413486
I'll agree with you on random encounters, but I think I stand by the rest of its gameplay.
>>
>>319413536
I find it funny how everyone is bitching about rehashes then turn around and demand a series stay the same from beginning to end.
>>
File: 9kmzc8f[1].gif (295 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
9kmzc8f[1].gif
295 KB, 700x700
>>319413536
then make a new game and don't call it FF7
>>
>>319413219
>>319413319
You can button mash in dark souls with a medium char weight without getting your shit pushed in? News to me.

I'm all for strategic combat, but turn based combat now is pointlessly slow, with little personal engagement. It was fantastic back when there was hardware limitations, now it's not.

I don't care if the game has turn based or not, i'll play it, but it literally means nothing to the game, as it was only good for its story and setting.

>>319413590
summons and limit breaks probs gonna be like in XII if i had to guess.
>>
>>319413536
Wanting to remake what is widely considered one of the best games ever developed is cancer killing video games?

Not the FPS boom that has yet to bust? Not the lack of good storytelling in games? Not the absense of an entire cast of good characters rather than one here and there? Not the developers who care more about profit than their final product? Not kids who grew up with a cellphone stuck to their face and can't focus on anything for more than 30 minutes?

It's the 1:1 remake guys who want an updated classic?

Fuck off anon.
>>
>>319412509
In the example of Joust, just remaking it exactly 1:1 with new graphics would be a complete waist of effort, there is nothing new, nothing interesting that sets it apart other than graphics.

At that point why even play the new version at all? If it is exactly the same what would the point even be?

I can't play HD re-releases of games I have already played, its boring and monotonous, I am just doing the same things all over again for no other reason than for it to look better when I do it. And that's pretty retarded

if the FFVII remake was 1-1 I would guarantee you a majority of people wouldn't play it the full way through. I am unsure about some of the changes but, I don't think a carbon copy that is prettier would honestly do to well.
>>
>>319413771
How do they work in 12?
>>
>>319413771
>comparing Dark Souls to a strategy game

lol
>>
>>319413831
Limits were cutscenes with minigames, and summons were creatures who entered the battlefield and helped like FFX. When they died or were dismissed, they went away.
>>
>>319413787
:^) i guess that's why you aren't a game developer/marketer
>>
>>319413835
>using an example to counter your arguement is comparing dark souls to turn based
>>319413831
Limit breaks made a cutscene. Summons were helpers in combat, and they had a cutscene limit break that was activatable or used on a trigger depending on the summon.
>>
>>319413609
Were talking about a REMAKE here anon, not some kind of a new title.
People WANT and DEMAND a title that define their childhood to be remade with the current technology.
>>
>>319414001
This.
>>
>>319413257
>being positive after late censorshit
>>
>>319413298
>I just want more exploration, I want to see more of midgar and shit, what ordinary peoples lives are like in midgar.
>The original was so limited by it's hardware so you got to see a glimpse of this world but nothing more.
>I want sprawling streets of midgar and the undercity, side quests all over midgar and shit. I don't give a shit if it's "Kill X monsters on this street and then return to me" I just want to run around Midgar and see it in all it's splendor and ruin

This is what they want to give people, and they're bitching.

They want an entire game to just be Midgar before the others are made. More Jessie is never a bad thing.
>>
>>319413973
>kek

not even the same guy
>>
>>319413912
>>319413973
That sounds pretty good. Supernova could act like Sephiroth's limit break in that case rather than a summon.
>>
>>319414086
elaborate pls anon

that went over my head
>>
>>319413162
For better or for worse, people need to keep in mind that Nomura is heading this project. And as far as has been seen of him, he is extremely bull-headed. When he first pitched Kingdom Hearts to Disney, he said in an interview that he literally didn't give a shit about what they said because he couldn't understand a word they were saying.
>>
>>319412980
>We're looking at maybe a 400 million dollar game

I just want a fucking remake holy shit
>>
>>319403696
Yes. It's all I ever wanted.
>>
>>319413446
Watch the ending of Lightning Returns
Bhuni causes a supernova that almost kills Light and Hope and their Eidolons before Snow remembers his main job was being a tank
>>
How is playing a healer going to work with the new combat now?
>>
>>319413771
>comparing a single player dungeon crawler to a game where you control an entire party
>>
>>319414682
see>>319413973
>>
>remake FF7
>focus on making explorable Midgar sandbox instead of FAITHFULLY REMAKING THE FUCKING GAME

Why not just make this a prequel, then? If Sqeenix wants a game where you can walk around Midgar and be about AVALANCHE attacking Shinra before Tifa ever found Cloud drooling on the train station bench. They could flesh out Biggs, Wedge and Jessie. Not that fatty needs any more flesh, HA HA FATTY
>>
>>319414895
A part of me is really hoping they go crazy, and make Sapphire Weapon a boss, and have a bonus event that's all the weapons fought at the same time.
>>
>>319409668
Are ya a wee bit slow in the ol' noggin'?
>>
>>319414895
>wanting the same dated piece of shit game who's only redeeming factor is it's story.
no. bring on the midgar sandbox, shit'll be cool.
>>
>>319414895
Because they want this remake to wow people as much as the original did in '97
So if they make a fully explorable Midgar on a 1:1 scale, I'm pretty sure people will be wowed
>>
>>319403696
I have FFVII on my Vita but never beat it. I think I might go back to it and beat it just so I can bitch about how shitty the remake is going to be
>>
>>319414550
Got to target your friend or be near them to heal maybe. Repeatedly hit them with a healing staff.
>>
WHY THE FUCK DO WE HAVE 3D ZONES

GIVE ME BACK PRE-RENDERED BACKGROUNDS WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT.

WORSE THAN CHANGING THE COMBAT TO BE HONEST FAMILY MEMBERS.
>>
>>319414807
that doesn't actually do anything to your argument, it just makes you feel like you somehow went over our heads.
>>
Blame Kitase. He's the one who made Nomura director, and Nomura has it in his head that because FF7 was trying to surpass all other Final Fantasies that came before it when it was being made, a remake of FF7 needs to surpass the original to be worth anything.
>>
>>319415012
>more millenials
>>
>>319415282
>to be honest family members

legit keks

>>319415190
Ew. Please no.
>>
>>319415356
I didn't really think of it this way. Before I was just upset. Now I have a reason.
>>
>>319403696
No way I would pay money for something like this.

If I played it the novelty of the new graphics and sound would wear off pretty quickly and only the regret would remain.
>>
Just finished reading this thread.

It really is a shame how jaded people have become, and how new-gen gamers can't appreciate a classic without comparing it to what we have now.

It really is a shame.

I guess when VR Elder Scrolls/Fallout hits the market, Skyrim and FO4 will be "shitty games with outdated mechanics".

/v/ makes me sad.
>>
Do you think that Cid and Cait Sith will keep their voices from advent children/dirge?
I would prefer if they didn't.
>>
>>319415648
this is bait isn't it
>>
>>319415664
yeah, no thanks

best part of a voice acted FFVII: i can finally figure out how to pronounce Cait Sith
>>
Going to buy the original on PS4.

Should I do it?
>>
>>319415762
No, and it doesn't demean my post that you think it is.
>>
>>319414895
I don't want any more prequels/sequels after the failed abortions that were Advent Children and Crisis Core.
>>
>>319403696
Not 1:1. There's stuff that sgould get changed, like 90% of the materia being useless and normal attacks getting so ist ing so fast and easy.
I wouldn't have minded an extra dungeon or two for certain materia as well.

But completely changing the combat system to target the modern adhd gaymer? That shit is a big FUCK YOU to the fans.
Making it CTB like would've been fine, if they gave every character strenghts you'd have to use against enemies could've been fun, then you wouldn't use your favorite 3 all the time.
>>
>>319415648
well yeah. You can look back and see something as great, sure. But as soon as there's something strictly better, you need to recognize it as such.

only thing FFVII has now is its story. Absolutely nothing else holds up.
>>
>>319415791
It's supposed to be pronounced something like cahwt shee I think.
>>
>>319403696
I'm actually really happy with what they're doing.

Not a huge fan of having to buy the game three times, but, if it has all the content they're claiming it will (everything in the original plus more) it's worth it.
>>
>>319415945
>there's something I consider strictly better
>>
>>319415885
Skyrim and FO4 and been widely criticized by /v/ already
>>
>>319415798
Go for it.

>>319415945
>strictly
>>
>>319403696
I'll say it again. I want them to do that as a base for the remake, and then they can add all the cool new stuff they want. I haven't desired a remake/remaster of the game to play with a different combat system. I've wanted it so I could play the game with better graphics. I'll gladly get try the new combat system if I can also still use the old one.
>>
>>319416094
>>319416065
>implying FFX doesn't have STRICTLY better gameplay
>>
>>319415945
But the flaw in your argument is that it is not strictly better. You only think that it is.

"Better" is relative, and to me and the other fans of the game, I'd take the original FF7 over pretty much any game that has come out in the last 18 years.

To me, FFVII is strictly better than pretty much any game you can name, and it's not just for nostalgia. I am nostalgic about other games as well. Chrono Trigger, Spyro 2, etc etc.

The problem with the critics of FFVII is that they think that "strictly better" exists. You can see it from the people who have already replied to your post.
>>
Fans may have been happy, Squeenix would probably not have, both from a money sense and a creative sense. I doubt Nomura, Kitase, et al would have signed on to do a remake that was literally the exact same game they made in 1997 with modern graphics and voice acting.
>>
>>319403696
That is exactly what I wanted!
>>
>>319416223
Then they shouldn't have made it.
>>
>>319415986
>implying it's only 3 episodes
>>
>>319415282
>pre rendered
(THIS YEAR)
>>
>>319416223
Obviously balance shit and tweak anything that needs it, but at least let us have the old combat system as an option. Changing the combat literally removes any interest I had in picking up the remake if I can't also play it in the classic way.
>>
>all these graphics whores

I thought gameplay was all that mattered? :^)

I prefer this to just a straight rehash of the original, I wouldn't even bother to buy that. Give me something new, make it worth my while. If it was just the original but prettier, I'd stick to the original.
>>
>>319416185
No it's not "strictly" you third world shitskin.
>>
>>319416429
Why are those the only options anyone sees? Just have more than one way to do combat. Options! More options are never bad, but literally removing the entire original combat system is terrible.
>>
>>319415356
>wanting to surpass your previous work
>wanting to make something new, not just a remaster
>wanting to push boundaries and innovate

How cancerous, right?

They should just release a rehash of the same gameplay year after year. Drop the numbers and just call it Final Fantasy 2016, etcetera.
>>
>>319416545
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>319416429
You never even played the original.
>>
>>319416590
>strict = demanding that rules concerning behaviour are obeyed and observed.

That makes no sense in the context you're using it in.
>>
>>319416590
Easy: Subjectivity.

Also, pic related.
>>
>>319416575
Pretty hard to do. You'd essentially have to make two different games and pack them in the same disc.

The only fame I know that tried that was Arcanum, and the turn based opton was horrible in it. The combat generally didn't turn out great due to splitting it up.
>>
>>319416594
I've done everything there is to do in the original except get 99x of every item.

It's one of my favorite games of all time.

Adding or subtracting graphics from it doesn't affect that.

>>319416575
So, what? They should develop two gameplay systems from start to finish, just to satisfy people who can't decide whether they want the original or a remake?

You realize how software works, right? They can't just magically drop in the original system with a copy and paste.
>>
>>319416792
>They can't just magically drop in the original system with a copy and paste.
You don't realise how software works. kek/10
>>
I hope there's an option to use the original soundtrack instead of the rearrangement, like they put in FFX HD.

Do you think there will be an over world?

Or will it be an open world like FFXV?

That'd be pretty badass with all the vehicle options.
>>
>>319416771
The thing is, anon, that a complete turn based system of combat already exists in the original that they would simply have to copy and balance, and they could also have their fancy real-time system.
>>
>>319416792
>So, what? They should develop two gameplay systems from start to finish, just to satisfy people who can't decide whether they want the original or a remake?You realize how software works, right? They can't just magically drop in the original system with a copy and paste.

You're right, they can't, but they literally just have to copycat the battle system from the original. They don't have to come up with anything except for thinking about what needs tweaking/balancing.
>>
>>319416993
>copy and paste
You're a god damned retard who doesn't know shit about software.
The only thing they could "copy" is the concept of the old battle system. They would still have to spend resources on coding it.
>>
>>319416675
>>319416715
A turn based combat system can only be improved graphically, through more character options, and more complex enemies. From the start, the turn based combat of FFVII was limited compared to previous titles before it, through lack of in depth character customization. It was never the peak of FF turn base combat, even when it launched. titles dropping after it improved character progression, enhanced graphics, and more enemy mechanics.

numerically speaking, both prior and later titles have strictly better game play.
>>
brehs, should I buy the PS4 version of FFVII over the ps one version? What are the differences, besides trophies? I'm leaning towards the ps one version because I'd rather play it on Vita.
>>
>>319417404
> From the start, the turn based combat of FFVII was limited compared to previous titles before it, through lack of in depth character customization. It was never the peak of FF turn base combat, even when it launched.

what is that..
Do i detect... an opinion?!
>>
>>319417223
There's a reason I never actually typed "paste". Obviously you can't just paste weird, old PS1 code into a new PS4 game, even if it is a remake/remaster. And I don't care if they would have to spend resources coding it. They're spending more resources coming up with a new battle system.
>>
>>319417579
no, it's a fact, under the rule that turn based combat's quality is only affected by enemies, character progression, and graphics.
>>
>>319417579
You can like FF7's gameplay more than that of other Final Fantasy games and that's perfectly fine, however it is a fact that there there is less depth to the gameplay than in previous titles which had jobs systems or skills for different party members as well as systems which affected character growth and progression in more ways than the materia growth system.
>>
>>319403696
I was fine with change, change is good and brings a fresh outlook on the game. I was even ready for changes to the combat system. I wasn't fine with it becoming something it's not meant to be, which is another kingdom faggots title for babbys hurt feelings for waiting for KH3 for so long. FF7 was and is a masterpiece because how much was left to the imagination and how much the fans figured out on their own. It was great for how it was paced through combat and progression of leveling through that combat, and how you watched characters evolve. What's going to happen with FF7 remake and what is already happening ruins everything the original title put in place and completely takes apart anything we know and love about what the game is. FF7 is not for you if you don't love these things because it was never made for you. The fans wanted a remake for so long because it was their thing, and now its being stripped from them, dangled in front of their faces and they're being told

>"fuck you, we dont care about you anymore no matter how long you've wanted this, it's not FOR YOU anymore, go play the original if you care so much because FF7 isnt your game anymore, you're no longer the fanbase JUST BECAUSE MONEY"

Again, I repeat myself though, even with all that it's not about what it should be but about what it's not supposed to be. It's not supposed to be a action game, with that it ruins the pacing and you're locked in movies more often which undoubtably they're putting more in making it a cinematic experience for the new generation of babies on top of ruining progression pacing.

Continued...
>>
>>319403696
No, if I want to play a 1:1 "remake" I might as well just play the original. Which I did like 10 times already.
The only ones who want a 1:1 remaster are millenials who cannot stand the graphics of the original.
>>
File: 1439023748483.jpg (486 KB, 1043x987) Image search: [Google]
1439023748483.jpg
486 KB, 1043x987
>>319417404
>the turn based combat of FFVII was limited compared to previous titles before it, through lack of in depth character customization.
>lack of in depth character customization.
>still using "strictly" incorrectly because making people think you're legitimately retarded is funny
>>
>>319418053
I cant speak for the whole fanbase, but from what I'm seeing of complaints across the whole internet I think most people agree that these changes completely butcher what FF7 means to people. It was never meant to not have prerendered areas, or have a more active battle system. It was entirely designed, constructed, and centered around these ideas because it was a collaboration of team effort for its time that resulted in a masterpiece. Centralizing the vision of the game like Nomura is doing and forcing it to be what he sees it ruins the original feel of the game. It's becoming just another Dirge of Cerberus, that's all I see it as. I wont even get started on the fucking episodic content releasing, that's just plain jewing and you wont convince me or others otherwise. It's not for quality control, if we had this Nomura would never have been appointed director.

What we're getting is essentially him saying "You like kingdom hearts and action combat? NO? TOO BAD I'M FORCING IT INTO FF7 BECAUSE ITS MY AUTISTIC VISION".

FF7 was supposed to be our game, you have your own series for action combat but anything 9 and before is OURS, and its being stripped and taken from us because square only cares about fucking money. There's no justifiable "OH WE'RE JUST UPDATING IT" reason, that's bullshit and damage control. It's all about the god fucking damn money. There's no love left, and thats why i and millions of others wont be buying it.
>>
>>319403696
You mean kind of like the Monkey Island remakes?
>>
File: 1422709454329.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1422709454329.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>there will be a new whole bunch of "reviving Aeris rumors"
>yfw it won't be the same due to the Internet
>>
>>319418204
If they do anything in any way then some fan somewhere will be upset.
There are people who will be upset if they change anything.
There are people who will be upset if they change the gameplay.
There are people who will be upset if they change lines of dialogue.
Etc.

You can't please everybody so they're likely trying to appeal to the largest fanbase they can in order to max out on sales. They likely assume that fans of the original will buy it no matter what they do, so it's likely that they're attempting to appeal to a new audience who want action so they can sell the fanbase amounts as well as loads more to newcomers.
>>
>>319418653
They cant appeal to everyone but they could still not butcher it.
>>
>>319418858
But what you think is butchering may be what another fan of the original wants. Who is to say that more people want it your way than how it will turn out in the end?
>>
>>319418976
Fans of the original dont want the game butchered. you're damage controlling changes only non FF7 fans want.
>>
>>319418053
>>319418204
take off your rose tinted goggles and look at this from a neutral perspective. the only thing that could hold up in this gaming market right now is the the story and setting. Pre rendered backgrounds and turn based combat were hardware limitations. they were't part of any vision, they were literally just all the devs could put in because more was impossible.

This game is FFVII remade from scratch, with modern tech and modern standards. They're taking the story, and scrapping the rest. I do agree, they're alienating diehard nostalgia fans, but that's not the vision or goal of this release. You're claim that they're butchering it is completely irrelevant due to the fact that you're assuming it's something it's not. It's not the old FFVII. Never was intended to be.
>>
>>319408470
It's not that good IMO. I didn't play it until 2004 though
>>
>>319405197
Yeah right whatever. They just went with a more realistic style for the sake of realism. The hair looks fucking awful
>>
>>319405738
Is s/he a tranny? He looks like a blantant guy in this incarnation, unlike the other versions.
>>
>>319419060
>turn based combat were hardware limitations

so action rpgs just didn't exist at the time?
>>
>>319419035
But fans of the original may want different things to each other. One person may like what they do while others do not. You can't say that all fans of the original want the same thing or that they'll all hate the same changes. It would not be possible to please the entire fanbase.
>>
File: 1365114516504.jpg (23 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
1365114516504.jpg
23 KB, 515x515
>>319403696

>tfw when wasn't excited but now excited after hearing it'll be a real time battle system like XV

Final Fantasy never did turn based right, like the combat just wasn't complicated enough to warrant a turn based system.

I think the last Turn based game I truly thought did the system justice was Divinity: Original Sin.
>>
>>319419272
until OoT came around and revolutionized them, no, not really. At least 3d ones.
>>
>>319419557
man all these newfags. Really? The franchise that sculpted the terrain and marketability of turn based RPG's didn't do it right? Are you a hipster shit? Are you that much of a contrarian you won't even give it it's credit? Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are like the two staple RPG franchises and in the West it seems Final Fantasy won the crown
>>
>>319419557
>just wasn't complicated enough

then make it more complex
problem solved
you don't actually think this new combat system is going to be complex do you?
>>
>>319419735
calm down grandpa, dont have a heart attack
>>
File: 1414670489344.jpg (3 MB, 8032x2080) Image search: [Google]
1414670489344.jpg
3 MB, 8032x2080
>>319414190
That's what worries me, Nomura was behind KH II, which had the worst Tifa bust-wise.
>>
>>319408398

Leave.
>>
>>319419675

>Not mentioning Secret of Mana
>Not Mentioning Alundra
>not mentioning Brave Fencer Musashi
>Not mentioning Megaman legends
>OoT
>Action RPG

Are you really that young?
>>
>>319419675
>OoT
I'll take GOOD turn based battle systems, thanks
>>
>>319405398
>>>319403696 (OP)
>It's something new entirely.
Perfect. Keep the spirit of the old at least, that something that made it fun in the first place.
>>
well, the last time squeenix changed up a classic JRPG during a remake, we got the lufia 2 DS, and fuck that game.
>>
>>319419949
>lets remake a game
>with new gameplay
>New story features
At that point just say fuck it and work on FF16
>>
>>319420085
this is the first time a fanfiction has been made into a game and i for one am hyped.
>>
>>319419836
His G-Bike artwork is more recent though, so it's a much more likely reference for what she'll look like.
>>
>>319419557
>Final Fantasy never did turn based right

The turn-based combat was one of the few things FF10 got right.
>>
>>319419873
Megaman Legends was after OoT.
You're a pot calling the kettle black.
>>
>>319419735

I've played JRPG's since 1992 when I was 12 years old (Final Fantasy II). I understand the history but I have always felt that Final Fantasy and DQ had too simplistic of battle systems to warrant their turn based gameplay. Most of the times your characters are just doing default attacks, most bosses when you WOULD use disabling spells like slow or stop, are immune to those spells, so you just mash attack and cast your highest damage spell while using healing white magic occasionally till it turns pink and fades. You don't need to think and strategize for that. it needlessly slows down the pace of the battles and makes it boring.

I continued to play Turn based JRPG's for story and character casts I enjoyed, but always found the combat to be lacking compared to Turn Based Strategy games. In the mid 90's we started having action RPG's with the same attention to cast and plot as turn based, with Tales, Star Ocean, hell, you could even bring up a menu and manually control your spellcasters in fights just like a final fantasy game, but the fights were in real time, the pace and flow was much better, without losing complexity (in fact adding some slightly because character position mattered more, rather than just front row/back row) because there was next to none to begin with.

Take a look at the game I pointed out as WARRANTING a turn based combat system, Divinity: OS. In there character position and movement matters. You can interact with the environment in combat, you can do things like ignite oil that's on the ground, or put out a fire by using a water spell, or having your warrior chuck a barrel of rainwater that was on the ground at the fire to extinguish it. Your thief does more damage if he moves behind an enemy first. Your characters gain a bonus if you have more than 1 of them flanking an opponent on both sides. There's just more to it.
>>
>>319420203
>what is Kingdom Hearts?
>>
>>319420990
Well I guess Nomura has a knack for turning fanfiction into a video game masterpiece
>>
>>319420990
tru. let me reword that
>non-turboautism fanfiction
>>
>>319419767

It does to a degree, real time makes a simplistic system more challenging simply because now you're having to do it on the fly, and it also might make character positioning matter.

But mostly it'll just put the battle pacing where it should be for its level of simplicity and make the fights more engaging.

Could you make a Turn Based System that is engaging? Sure, I mentioned one I thought was VERY satisfying and engaging.

But I don't think Square would do something that involved, too busy appealing to the masses.
>>
>>319421502
>But I don't think Square would do something that involved, too busy appealing to the masses.

there's the problem
action rpgs and turn based rpgs can both coexist, it doesn't need to be one or the other
one can prefer one over the other, but that doesn't mean we should get rid of the other battle system
That variety is why I prefer JRPGs over WRPGs
>>
>>319421931

Of course they can. I enjoy turn based or pause and play if I feel the combat has enough depth to warrant it.

I just don't think FF and DQ have that depth. I think Final Fantasy seeking more real time elements to their combat system is a step in the right direction. if you noticed, it's still menu based, it's not as far in the action RPG vein as Tales or Star Ocean, which means that the options in combat will still remain, the limited depth that is there will still be there.

To me, making the Final Fantasy combat system real time is just an evolution of a process that has been occurring in the series since FFIV at least. They started active time battle there.

If you set to wait, you're a pussy.
>>
>>319423030
>FF and DQ have that depth

they don't, which is why this remake was a perfect opportunity to add some depth to the existing turn based system
the one that depth was X with the character switching and manipulating the turn order, the game could've been a bit harder though
>>
>>319423360

Would it be great? Sure, I just don't see them realistically doing that. Going to a Real Time system is more believable for them because of Kingdom Hearts and XV showing that they're capable of pulling it off well.

I just think going Real Time was a better option between Going real time, or keeping the battle system the exact same as it was in the original game.

The original game's combat was needlessly slow paced, no real depth, and pretty boring.

It had a decent story and setting and characters, I liked the materia system, but .. combat needed work.
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.