[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shadow complex is back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: shadowcomplexomfg.png (2 MB, 1905x1010) Image search: [Google]
shadowcomplexomfg.png
2 MB, 1905x1010
Holy fucking shit /v/, one of my all time favorite live arcade games of all time has been remastered and is free for PC for the holidays. I will never get a sequel but I literally just found this out 5 minutes ago and am so damn excited.Though Id spread the good news. For anyone that doesnt know, its a metroidvania type game, It's basically Metal Gear meets Super metroid, and looks and plays beautifully.
>>
I know it's free, but I had to pirate it because their launcher client thing doesn't work. I do remember playing it on the 360 and enjoying it there, so I will see what's different about the remastered version.
>>
If I download it now for free, do I get to keep it after they start charging for it or is my ownership of it temporary?
>>
>>319388710

Can you actually download the game now? Ran into problems a few days ago.
>>
>>319389253
I have no idea, Id imagine you'd get to keep it, since unreal is free
>>
>>319389253
>>319389131

You own it forever.
You can skip the launcher by using the command line:
-AUTH_LOGIN= -AUTH_PASSWORD= -AUTH_TYPE=
>>
>>319389441

Can I not download the DRM like...at all?
>>
>>319388710
it's great just as I remember it which is a good thing and a bad thing, the animations especially when aiming are horrible, I found a glitch where the first boss robot remains were invisible and the game is not as optimized as it should for a 1GB card recommended game

still amazing and having a blast
>>
>>319389723
hugefiles dot net /wmlsyu5zyxlr

I used this one
>>
>>319389131
Yeah, I just pirated it to avoid the launcher. Had to install every visual c++ redist under the sun to get to work.

Also holy shit the MC is voiced by Nolan North and is basically a Nathan Drake pasta in a Vanquish setting. Not that I'm complaining, it's better than some random grunt with zero personality.
>>
Finished it for the first time just now. 100% on hardcore mode.

Kept thinking of the new Strider while playing it since it's the last 2.5d metroidvania I played. That game had pretty poor exploration for a metroidvania, but the controls were fine and the bosses were cool. On the other hand, Shadow Complex has nice exploration, but the controls could be better and the bosses are absolute fucking ass.
>>
>>319392012
>and the bosses are absolute fucking ass.
It's such a shame that they fucked up the boss fights. There were NO reason they had to do that.
>>
>>319392220
The game really could have used some unique bosses. I guess the nature of fighting a military complex means that every boss is mass produced, but really this is the one situation where they should have said "screw realism/Orson Scott Card" and gave us some beefed up versions of spidertanks or walkers to fight that didn't just reappear later in the game. The game was short on villain characters too, they could easily have filled in boss roles like they do in Strider.
>>
>>319392012
Yeah Strider was kind of ass.
>>
>>319388710
this game plays like metroid if metroid was made for xbox360 tards
>>
>>319393096
It's an excellent example of a metroidvania that would be a lot better as a straightforward platformer.
>>
>>319393003
Shadow Complex kinda embraces its stupid cheesy ass over-the-top action movie shit in the story so they really have no excuse for not throwing some cool bosses at us
>>
>>319393003
>>319393539
That right there shows the complete and total incompetence of Western devs when it comes to boss fights/design.
>>
remember how retards thought FF7 was the best RPG ever because they never played an RPG before

remember how retards thought Halo was the best FPS ever because they never played an FPS before

remember how retards thought Walking Dead was the best point-and-click ever because they never played a point-and-click before

remember how retards thought SF4 was the best fighting game ever because they never played a fighting game before

remember how retards thought FNAF was the best horror game ever because they never played a horror game before

that's what its like when people say Shadow Complex is a great example of a metroidvania
>>
>>319393636
You're gonna make this into an East/West thing when I praised Strider's bosses? Good boss design isn't about what country you're from, it's about game design trends. I'm not gonna say that Western devs aren't severely lacking when it comes to satisfying bosses but there are some designers out there who at least try.
>>
>>319394002
In fairness, I haven't played Strider yet beyond the demo.

The only Western designers who try to make good boss fights are Retro Studios and various indies.

I don't think Westerners are incapable of making good boss designs but they mostly have utterly no idea about boss design in the least.
>>
Shill some more for your shitty launcher and service.

ugh
>>
>>319394281
Honestly don't bother with Strider unless it's dirt cheap. The bosses being good is the best thing I can say about it, the rest of the game feels like a chore.
>>
>>319393643
Replace Shadow Complex with Symphony of the Night and you'd be correct.
>>
File: 1424101759304.jpg (27 KB, 269x276) Image search: [Google]
1424101759304.jpg
27 KB, 269x276
>another platform launcher service nobody asked for and nobody wants.exe
>>
>>319393643
I agree to this. It made me realize I wanted to play Metroid but it sucks fucking dicks compared to Super Metroid and Zero Mission.
>>
>>319394464
>>319394665
We already know and don't care. Just pirate it or uninstall it when you're done playing.
>>
>>319394504
I forgot about Sony Santa Monica.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of God of War but I will say that the boss fights are actually pretty good.
>>
>>319394665
Just download the repack from kat
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.