[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a huge fan of metroidvania style games and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: SteamCard_La-Mulana.jpg (327 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SteamCard_La-Mulana.jpg
327 KB, 1920x1080
I'm a huge fan of metroidvania style games and I've heard so much about La-Mulana, but never played it. I finally decided to bite the bullet; it's downloading now and will be ready to play any second.

Here's my question: I've heard that while much of the game is daunting and difficult to figure out, there are some puzzles that are simply bullshit and that 9 players out of 10, even dedicated, hardcore players, will have to consult a guide to complete.

Is this the case? And if so, how will I know when a puzzle is one or another? Has somebody made a bullshit index for the puzzles or something goofy like that
>>
eden fruit

definitely google the eden fruit
>>
File: 1413655168074.gif (3 MB, 297x348) Image search: [Google]
1413655168074.gif
3 MB, 297x348
>>319366070
Comon that's not so bad
Finding the fairies on the other hand
>>
File: La-Mulana.jpg (271 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
La-Mulana.jpg
271 KB, 1152x648
>>
>>319365536
Fucking random teleport jar in Mausoleum of the Giants.
>>
okay, i'm making a list of shit I shouldn't feel bad about looking up if I have to. So far I have

1. Eden Fruit
2. Fairies
3. Teleport jar in Mausoleum of the Giants

(I don't know what any of this shit means but I'm assuming i'll figure it out in context)
>>
fuck the fairies for real tho senpai
>>
>>319365536
TAKE
THE
KNEE
>>
>>319365536
Hell Temple. Don't even try that without a guide. Even with one it is torture.
>>
File: Metroidvanias.jpg (3 MB, 2000x7800) Image search: [Google]
Metroidvanias.jpg
3 MB, 2000x7800
>>319367550
Don't google any of that, you'll figure it out on your own. You shouldn't need to google anything until the endgame.
>>
>>319369752
i am really bothered that not many people played Fluidity on Wii and Toki Tori 2 which both should somewhere on this pic
>>
>>319370153
Yeah, there are some notable omissions to the list and it's outdated by now anyway. I've never heard of Fluidity though, how is it?
>>
>>319370404
>Fluidity
it's an overlooked game on WiiWare

you're controlling a body of water and with time gain new abilities like transforming into ice block or a steam cloud to gain access new areas

I really like it, it has an art style of school book and chill music

And for Toki Tori 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=084BUNlI7Gk
>>
>>319369752
Dust is at least Good tier. The combat and animation and progression is 2smooth.
>>
>>319365536

Filtering bullshit and reasonable puzzles is like filtering shitposting and qualityposting. There is no way to teach that, you either have the instinct or you don't. In any case, don't just go looking for the bullshit puzzle answer, because you may be able to solve by yourself. A lot of people complains about Gate of Illusion and that being the area it made them 1st check for a guide, while i personally had no problem with it (although ti definitely has a difficulty spike in the puzzles), on the other hand, the "Super Mario" puzzle triggers me to this day and it was the "i've had enough of this shit, time for a guide", but i don't see a lot of people complaining about it.

The only tip i can offer is if you get stuck for a long time and think that you should've solved it, then ask on /v/ or the steam discussion (i'm assuming the community there is good and helpful, considering it's a top tier indie game) where is the area to solve the puzzle you're current in or what area you should go when you have no clue on where to go next.
>>
>>319365536
>>319372015

Forgot to mention, La Mulana is a game that you should dedicate yourself to, playing frequently enough, otherwise you'll forget things. It's not a game that it's good to play 2 days per week only.

If you want to go full tryhard or have a bad memory, take notes/screenshots of the tablets, otherwise you can play based off your memory. It'll make you take longer to solve a puzzle or be forced to check a guide/wiki here and there, but i personally didn't find that detrimentral (would play with taking notes/screenshots if i knew better at the time).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.