[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets just have an onimusha thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: onimusha-cover.jpg (43 KB, 320x437) Image search: [Google]
onimusha-cover.jpg
43 KB, 320x437
Lets just have an onimusha thread.
>>
Started Genma Onimusha today. Having fun
>>
>>319363208
Isnt genma just a harder and better version of warlords? Never played it
>>
>>319363389
I've never played the PS2 version. Just getting into the series.

From what I know, Genma supports 5.1 audio, has cleaner graphics (Xbox had better hardware), and different enemy and item spawns. Also, it has Japanese and English voices, not sure if PS2 does.

Looked into it before buying either and decided on the Xbox release. Xbox uses D-pad for movement, not sure if PS2 version supports analog.
>>
>>319363043
Onimusha is a shit series, was glad it was dead. New one will be shit just like the others.
>>
>>319363540
Oh, it also has more bosses/areas and armor and such I think. I'm not that far, just beat the "First boss" I'd assume. Big club wielding guy.
>>
>>319363043
Shut up about Onishit, a dead series should stay dead.
>>
Only played 2 and 3. Is 4 good?
>>
>>319363540
>>319363791

I better get on that shit, sounds worth a playthrough
>>
>>319363727
>>319364051
Wow what's with the hate for it?
>>
File: 1443128773958.png (45 KB, 173x231) Image search: [Google]
1443128773958.png
45 KB, 173x231
>>319364051
>>319363727
>>
>>319364298
It used shitty tank controls like its a wannabe PS1 survival horror game. Story was beyond fucking stupid. The voices sucked dick, and it was not realistic.
>>
>>319363043

JUUUUUUUUBEI

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBEI
>>
God damn I only played one game and I barely remember anything, I think I really liked this staff you put like a wind gem in.

Also I recall reading this diary of a dude trapped in a cave, living off tepid water while slowly going crazy because demons were coming for him - shit was unsettling to 12, 13 whatever fuck age I was me.
>>
>>319364545

>IT WASNT WHEALISTIC!!!!

just go
>>
>>319364751
If games are not realistic then they are shit.

>I AMU JAPANESU SAMURAI
>SUSHI SUSHI SUSHI
>MUSTO KILLU DEMONS
>>
I have 1 and 2 next to me but can't find the strength to play them.

The fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>319364634

Onimusha 2 is a marvel of storytelling and acting, and the stonefaced Yusaku Matsuda face is the icing on the cake.
Muh fucking Ekei though.
>>
>>319364850
I think you're just trying to act retarded in order to keep the thread alive, because you love onimusha so much. Thanks friend.
>>
>>319365009
No its a shit series, trying to inform you retards in your shit taste.
>>
File: 1147946-gogandantess.jpg (31 KB, 597x640) Image search: [Google]
1147946-gogandantess.jpg
31 KB, 597x640
>>319364881

Clearly, you fear Gogandantres: the greatest swordsman of all demons.
>>
what the fuck happened to this series? I never played one but I remember seeing trailers and shit for this during the ps2 era all the time and thinking it looked really cool but then i just stopped seeing them.
>>
>>319365283
This guy walks into a club and slaps your girlfriends ass. What do you do? Keep in mind that he's a 7ft demon and knows nobunaga
>>
>>319365283
He truly was.

HATED this nigga the first time I saw him, turns out he is the biggest badass in the series.
>>319365554
Challenge him to a sword-fight after playing him a song on a flute.
>Gogandantess
>rudely slapping your GF's ass
pfft
>>
Fucking loved Onimusha 1. My older brother got a PS2 when I was six, with this game, Red Faction, and Armored Core. AC whooped my ass up and down, and I couldn't wrap my head around FPS on a controller at that time, so I played Onimusha a lot. Took me a couple years to beat it. I just emulated it a few months ago and beat it easily in a few sittings, with about a dozen full medicines and a ton of ammo. It's funny how things seem to you as a kid. I was fully prepared for the game to be long, giant, and super difficult, but I blazed through it easily despite only vaguely remembering the layout and puzzles.

Sorry for the /blog, games from this era remind me of my childhood a lot.
>>
Anyone else not like Onimusha 2? I have the unique circumstance of playing 1 and 3 on release and loving them, but I missed 2 for some reason. I revisited the series awhile ago, and 2 felt like such a chore to play compared to 1 and 3. I can't even explain why.
>>
I loved how the whole Onimusha 2 felt like an old timey toku production done in a videogame.
They even got Keita Amemiya to do the costumes, and the mocap while absurdly theatrical was awesome.
>>
>>319365682
Underage please go
>>
>>319366258

Didnt they mocap horses? Thats some unnecessary dedication
>>
>>319366342
I'm 21
>>
>>319364091
I really enjoyed it, but it received a lot of hate for reasons I've never been clear on.

>>319365865
It doesn't have the atmosphere of the original, and its gameplay can't stand up to that in Onimusha 3.

I still like Onimusha 2, and in some ways I think it overshadows the other entries. It's my least favorite one overall, though.
>>
rented Genma Onimusha for Xbox when it was released, having no idea what onimusha was before going into it. The game was awesome. Think I ended up renting it a second time so I could beat it.

When I later bought a PS2, I rented Onimusha 3 and dug the shit out of that one too.

The music in the games were amazing. I heard Onimusha 2 was bad so i never tried it.

I pre-ordered Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams after beating Onimusha 3 and thought it was alright. It lost the cool darker realistic atmosphere and music with ANIME-tier action and rabid SF4-esque techno music in lieu, but overall it felt better to play than the previous games with a shitton of character and weapon variety.
>>
I thought Dawn of Dreams was underrated. I barely remember playing it though, so take it with a grain of salt. There was some chick who used guns who was really fun to play once she got a fast gun (I think?).
>>
>>319363043
Onimusha 1-3 are the only relevant games in the series.
2 is Objectively the best.
I personally liked blade warriors for some reason.
>>
File: Ohatsu2.jpg (113 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Ohatsu2.jpg
113 KB, 900x600
>>319367358
fuckin titty monster ohatsu man. had the hots for her if you know what im sayin.

she was actually a piece of shit character. I think she was the hardest to finish the super long demon hell challenge thing. Mashing issen's was her best offense.
>>
>>319363043
What is the best emulation platform for Onimusha 1 and 2? Those games were fucking amazing. I think it was the 2nd game where you could have buddies. The guy with the guns (which upgrade through bond level iirc) was so dope to play as.

Gogandantess and Nobunaga are dope antagonists
>>
>>319365198
Tell me friend, do you believe in Jesus or God? A simple yes/no will suffice.
>>
Beat 3 two months ago
To be honest I hope the series stay dead for now
>>
>>319369605
I don't disagree. Only because of the current state of gaming and business practices today. Hoping it's a better environment in a decade and we get an awesome sequel/reboot/spiritual successor
>>
1 had some of the best tracks in the series.

That is all.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.