[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's playing this? Are you enjoying it? Is there an easy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: six.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
six.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
Who's playing this? Are you enjoying it?

Is there an easy way to get it cheap without getting overly complicated
>>
Best part of the game is the one (and only) story mission you unlock after beating all the situations. That shit it intense and I want that map in multiplayer. It's also a cruel tease since there could have been an interesting story campaign dealing with that biological weapon attack.
>>
>>319357068
The devs are actually working on that map to be PvP and PvE
>>
can anyone explain how to get it real cheap from the russian site? something about hunting down audio files?
>>
Pirated it to test it out (yeah, yeah, yeah, ree neet pay for things filthy pirate fuck you).

Might actually purchase it. It's pretty fine, the high bullet damage is nice (I've been getting into those sorts of games recently), and the tactical shenanigans are fun.

Since it's offline, I've been using Tunngle and playing with randoms over that. Downside is I can't see the ping of anyone I join, meaning I usually get between 300-500ms ping when I connect with the other side of the world.

Is there a server browser in the full game? Can I see what the ping is before I join the game? If so, probs gonna buy.
>>
>>319357912

I could be wrong, but i dont think theres a server browser. I'm pretty sure its a matchmaking system. not uncommon for 5v5 small battle games.
>>
>>319357912
No, only matchmaking.
>>
>>319358419
>>319358426
So what, just select the gametype you want and it just matches you with people? Can you select what criteria, like best ping, closest skill, etc, or is it just "Fuck you, you'll play with whoever we say you will"?

I think I would genuinely enjoy playing this online, but not with 300ms ping on four out of every five games. Don't wanna drop the cash until I know its playable.

Should I wait for several patches/and DLC?
>>
>>319358808
It's matchmaking like every other game with matchmaking. Casual will pair you with anyone, ranked will pair you with people of similar rank. The only control you have beyond that is turning off maps or modes you don't want it to look for.
>>
>>319359174
Wank. Might not get it then. We'll see.
>>
>>319359590

I dont understand why anyone cares about server browsers in a game like this. You can play with your friends, why would you want to arbitrarily scroll through a server list and join something? in the hope that the same other 9 nerds are all always playing on the server you like. Hit find, make friends, play with them.
>>
>>319360768
The problem is I don't know how bad, or otherwise, the games I get connected to will be. And it's not like it has a riveting single player to back it up. I live in Australia, so that's strike one. I live out in bumfuck nowhere, away from any major city, so that's strike two. And I'm with a third-party ISP that is based in South Australia and leases lines from Telstra, because the own 100% of the hardware in my area, so that's strike three.
>>
>>319361020

well that may be an issue. but a matchmaking system usually uses your region to find servers. but i dont know about buttfuck australia.
>>
>>319361246
We backwards, son!

I'll see how it goes. Might be able to find people to play with on forums or something.
>>
>>319361546

You could always buy on steam and refund if its not working out for you. but the forum idea is solid too.
>>
>>319361967
I've heard bad things from people about Steam Refunds - like a 50/50 split as to whether they get their money back or not.
>>
>>319356832

install a vpn on your computer like the flyvpn trial and connect to a mexico server, clear all your cookies and with your WEB BROWSER go to the origin store and buy the game for $40. i've only done this for EA games but i assume 3rd party games on origin work the same way.
>>
>>319356832
currently addicted to it, played it 8 hours straight yesterday, still alot of bugs though but has alot of potential
>>
>>319357283
>>319357068

explain. I never beat the last map because I didn't think you'd get anything.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.