[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What use is the Portal Gun? My imagination must suck because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Portals1_3.gif (2 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
Portals1_3.gif
2 MB, 294x233
What use is the Portal Gun? My imagination must suck because all I use it for is fucking around.
>>
>>319355085
I don't play terraria, but can the portals be far away from each other?
>>
>>319355205
No, they disappear across enough distance (measured in "blocks") and when you die. So it's not like you can shoot a blue somewhere right before you die, then shoot an orange when you respawn at your base and go back to where you died.
>>
>>319355317
Do arrows slow down?
>>
>>319355085
bone key farming ;)
>>
>>319355085
I used it on boss fights, especially moon lord
>>
File: 1438121261102.gif (650 KB, 350x204) Image search: [Google]
1438121261102.gif
650 KB, 350x204
>Build large rectangle that goes to the top of the map, opened at the top
>one verticle platform at the top
>portal at the top platform, facing west or east (either side of the platform)
>portal at the bottom facing upward (shoot it onto the ground)
>fall all the way from the top, down into the portal on the ground
>top portal will now shoot you out completely to the east or west ocean

Pic somewhat related
>>
>>319355085

While you're holding the gun, you actually gain momentum while falling and you keep it even after you exit through the other portal. If you build a platform high enough above the clouds facing to either the right or left, place a portal there and the other portal on the ground, you can travel all across the map very fast with the help of wings to keep you floating.
>>
File: U7jqHJV.jpg.gif (2 MB, 400x202) Image search: [Google]
U7jqHJV.jpg.gif
2 MB, 400x202
>>319355085
You can use it to travel quickly to the far sides of the map if you make a platform up very high facing either way. Then make one on the ground and fall into it from great heights. The top one will shoot you to the edge of the map now.
>>
>>319355976
>>319356534
>>319356904
It's been months and this is what people came up with? Is there a video of it in action?
I just flip a lever on my teleporter and I'm at my ocean farms. It took about 30 minutes to wire across the map, but it's nice to be instantly in any biome you want.
>>
File: hN70WtF[1].webm (913 KB, 298x302) Image search: [Google]
hN70WtF[1].webm
913 KB, 298x302
So, is this a Terraria thread?

Is anyone excited for 1.3.1? There's going to be conveyor belts.
>>
>>319358246
I don't get it. you can do the same thing already with minecart tracks and bumpers. Also on slopes it still stays level, I hope they plan to fix that
>>
>>319359385
I think the idea of conveyor belts is to move people, monsters and items, not minecarts.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.