[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has the PS4 outsold the Xbone so much? I don't side
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
Why has the PS4 outsold the Xbone so much? I don't side with one over the other, as I own both, but I'm just genuinely curious. Didn't the 360 dominate the PS3 last gen? What turned the tables? It can't be the PS4's library since all of the "major" releases like CoD, sports games, etc. are on both consoles right? So what is it?
>>
>>319352619
33% failure rate
mandatory NSA spycam
+$100 for no reason
>>
>>319352619
Microsoft bungled the Xbone launch with their bullshit. Now, it's just a case of normies buying what their friends have.
>>
>>319352840
>33% failure rate

What do you mean? Does the Xbone have some kind of red ring equivalent?
>>
>>319352946
the 360 had a 33% failure rate

you'd have to be a serious idiot to buy into the new follow-up system in the first year or two
>>
>>319352946
No, that's the 360 failure rate, but it was enough to make some people jump ship for this gen.
Makes sense, imagine being the average casual that only ever buys one console per gen and doesn't have a pc. Your 360 died early and a lot of your friends had the same experience. Time to ditch microsoft consoles.
>>
SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY
>>
>>319353369
not because they did anything well, but because they didn't completely fuck their launch as bad as microsoft or nintendo.

enjoy your $509 bloodborne machine.
>>
>>319352619
Actually the ps3 outsold the 360 in the long run
>>
>>319352619
Momentum is a big deal, and Microsoft ran head on into every bad idea they could pre-launch, like always online and blocking used games.

Sony laughed at them, quietly took those things out of the PS4 and said they were always "for the gamer."
>>
Sony showed a video of how to play a used game on ps4 back at e3 2012 or whatever, and that sealed it.
>>
Because it has the most games, baby. /v/irgins always think multiplats aren't games, but such memery can only go so far.

SONY ALWAYS WINS
>>
>>319353660
This

Sony originally had the same idea, saw the backlash Microsoft was getting and scrapped the idea quickly.
>>
>>319353660
>and blocking used games.
>Sony laughed at them

never forget lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
>>
>>319355670

i fucking kek'd
>>
>>319353585
359$ senpai
>>
>>319352619
>Didn't the 360 dominate the PS3 last gen?

Nope, PS3 came out on top in the end
>>
>>319355670
Pretty much the only time I've ever seen a Japanese company so responsive.
>>
>>319355670
It's rather hypocritical of them because they clearly were going to have the same DRM policies. They literally shit that commercial out as soon as they heard the public yet sonyggers eat their shit up without reason.
>>
>>319352619
Good marketing.

All Sony had to do was present itself as the savior of the industry while Microsoft shot itself in the foot and Nintendo fucked off to its own La-La Land. A few trailers here, a promise of gaming Nirvana via columns of games to be released there, and the rest just fell into place.
>>
It was more expensive, less powerful, and turned off people with its draconian DRM. MS eventually changed it but you don't get a room with someone that just tried to assrape you.
>>
>>319355670
/v/ fucking exploded after that

the whole xbox one launch was just fucking hilarious t.bh
>>
>>319356531
Yeah, but they had the opportunity and took it

microsoft made an dumb move

Nintendo killed herself in this gen, the controller is shit
>>
File: 1412369343264.jpg (42 KB, 298x247) Image search: [Google]
1412369343264.jpg
42 KB, 298x247
>Tables turned this gen
>Nintendo will never be on top again

RIP
>>
I bought an Xbox One this gen just because I've always bought Playstation and lately games have been losing my interest. I enjoy getting to play the games I missed last gen, plus some new exclusives look promising, but honestly the PS4 library looks much more varied, plus they marketed the shit out of the hardware. Xbox seems to have a much slower start this time around.
>>
>>319356892
I'm totally stealing that analogy for something.
>>
>>319352619

Even if the xbone didn't commit suicide at e3, the ps4 still would have outsold it just like the ps3 did. Ms is only popular in america. Nobody in japan bought the 360 and the xbone died on arrival which was already a full year late. With no real reason to support it, developers stopped making multiplats for ms. At best, the xbone would be somewhat similar to the ps4 except with fewer games, worse online, and a higher pricetag. Ps+ requirement also won a lot of 360 converts. Combined with xbone marketing suicide, the ps4 outsold it 2:1 in hardware and 3:1 in the same software. There was never any competition since the only strength ms had (halo) was dead due to bungie leaving. Ms doesn't have anything to recover with. Sony had yurop, japan, and free online with the ps3.

I'm surprised that ms has such strong brand loyalty that they're outselling the wiiu despite being the most redundant of the consoles.
>>
File: 1264257456057.jpg (43 KB, 401x326) Image search: [Google]
1264257456057.jpg
43 KB, 401x326
>>319353585
>enjoy your $509 bloodborne machine.
That's actually $342.97 + Uncharted Collection for free now.
Get with the times, senpai!
>>
File: 1447987340728.gif (61 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
1447987340728.gif
61 KB, 300x321
>>319356531
>It's rather hypocritical of them because they clearly were going to have the same DRM policies.
Yeah? Show irrefutable proof that Sony was going to go the same route, and no, some internet clickbait gossip articles do not count.
>>
>Why has the PS4 outsold the Xbone so much?
moms and hipsters need their netflix machines
>>
Microsoft fucked up. It was too expensive and performed worse, and had a bunch of negative bullshit attached to it. Network effect for online multiplayer means the most popular console will get ever more popular.
>>
>>319352619
maybe because they fucked up the reveal with their
>must be turned on every 24 hours
>can't borrow games
>etc
>>
>>319352619
because the Xbone is weaker than the PS4

much like the PS3 appeared weaker than the 360
>>
>>319361892
The thing is, if it was weaker then it would have been bad enough, but it was weaker PLUS all the other bullshit, like being more expensive and having Kinect.

Couple that with Sony not fucking up and nailing the performance and price point
>>
>Xbox One UI

God, what a mess. It makes the Wii U's home screen look good.

As someone who won an Xbox One in a sweepstakes, I barely touch the thing. It seems like the only interesting games are remakes of older games. Is Sunset Overdrive good at all?
>>
>>319352619
PS4 has a more promising future and people are sick of cod and halo.
>>
>>319362248
>sick of cod
Except BO3's sales are the highest for any CoD since BO2. And it's on PS4.
>>
PS4 did what 360 a success. Xbox One the opposite of that.
>>
>>319359740
http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.