[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else buy games and never really play them? Pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Does anyone else buy games and never really play them? Pic related bought it on a whim heard it was going to be really good. I played 20 min max before stopping. I just have no drive to play vidya anymore.
>>
I did this with W101. Still have it. Here and there I'll put another 20 minutes in. It's so hard to want to play it more anon. So bad.
>>
>>319343121
Did this with Bayo 2. Keep playing 1 just because I haven't played it before, but the plot loses me more and more every time, and I don't feel I can play Bayo 2 till I've beaten Bayo 1.
>>
I know it's a fantastic game. I just can't bring myself to play it. My backlog is about 40 games most of which I haven't even started. I bought FFIX on sale awhile back, and played it less than 30 seconds total.
>>
>>319343576
Play that shit. Once it clicks you wont be able to stop.
>>
>>319343121
All the time with Steam Sale shit.

Also on shit I was hyped for for a long time. I was all about Age of Decadence several years ago, evangelizing about the extensive C&C it's got going on, but now that it's out I can't be bothered to play. I never actually enjoyed the super-harsh turn-based combat.
>>
File: metro-redux.png (379 KB, 406x498) Image search: [Google]
metro-redux.png
379 KB, 406x498
>>319343121
Yes. Pic related.
>>
So you niggers don't like games.
>>
Same OP. Buy shit every now and then, but I don't really play very much.
>>
>>319344396
I like games. I keep up with some vidya news. I have no desire to play them anymore like I used to.
>>
>>319343121
Mainly Nintendofags do this.

I went to college with many of them who do this.
>>
>>319343121
that games shit i dont blame you
>>
>>319343121
most people who say its good are shill anon
specially that game where nip already told us that its mediocre
>>
>>319344396
Not really, I feel like nothing GREAT or really groundbreaking has come out in like at least 10 years
>>
I bought Bayonetta and I just couldn't get into it. I love platinum's other games, but Bayo just didn't click like MGR or TW101 did.
>>
I used to but once I got a job and have way less time to spare I spend most of it playing games.
>>
>>319344854
it's called growing up. if you're doing other stuff, it's fine. if not, you're probably depressed and/or addicted to shitposting on 4chan.
>>
File: KEKEKEK.gif (1 MB, 267x219) Image search: [Google]
KEKEKEK.gif
1 MB, 267x219
>319343121
Get some adderall. I did and finished my backlog in no less than three months.
>>
File: consoles and games.png (2 MB, 1128x1050) Image search: [Google]
consoles and games.png
2 MB, 1128x1050
I havent even opened the game case yet, OP.

>people complaining about having a backlog with 50 games
Cute
>>
>>319347648
You can actually enjoy video game and be a grown up.
>>
>>319348076
I miss my master system ;_;
>>
>>319348076
You are a compulsive buyer and collector. You're like my brother buying mecha model and never building them.
>>
>>319344396
At least we don't use toxic racist language like it's okay.
>>
>>319343121
I want to play through Chronicles one more time before I get X
>>
>>319343770
Are you confused about it or does the quality of writing simply put you off?
I can understand the latter, but as for the former the story is pretty simple.
>>
>>319344292
I had the xbone version. I loved both games.
>>
>>319343121
I bought a Wii U and 5 games and only played Hyrule Warriors for a few days. Just can't be bothered to touch it anymore.
>>
File: 1372948959698.jpg (71 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
1372948959698.jpg
71 KB, 385x385
>TFW gamestop wont refund me on Xenoblade because its a new copy that got opened.
>>
>>319343121
This describes me completely. I have Xenoblade Collector's, Witcher 3, and several games on Steam I got during the sale that I have yet to play.

That in addition to years of games I've purchased and haven't played. The Atelier series, Bayonetta 1+2, Etrian Odyssey 1-4, Muramasa Rebirth... Literally hundreds of games over 5 different platforms I've touched for maybe 30 minutes before shelving for years.
>>
>>319348930
Does the stick sensitivity sucks? In PS4 it's a nightmare. My character took 2 seconds to move his head by 30 degrees vertically.
>>
>>319349232
>Literally begging to be greentexted about buying at Gamestop
>>
i have a ton of games to play but i'm too fucking stupid to sit down and play them, and i just end up playing something mindless like Warframe or League. i have no fucking clue why, and i hate it.

i have xcom here, system shock 2 that i haven't finished, trails in the sky 1... i've put a few hours into them and haven't touched them after that.

i'm gonna try to sit down one day and play one of these games for a few hours.
>>
>>319349232
Should have waited to buy it used. You can return within 7 days. And then probably re-bought it and returned it again.
>>
>>319344986
>muh personal experience
retard alert
>>
>>319348279

Retail therapy is best therapy
>>
>>319343121
get a job, seriously
free time gets boring if it's the only thing you have
nothing like a night of vidya after a day of hard work
>>
>>319343576
It's worth it for the boss fights, nukkah
>>
>>319343121
Never, if i pay money for a game i'll either finish it or put like 60-80 hours into it. Even if i don't really like it a lot. I don't think I've ever bought a game i truly hated.

I do however create huge backlogs with pirated games.

time = money, i guess.
>>
>>319343121
tfw buying and waiting for the game to be delivered is more fun than playing it.
>>
Don't buy games because other people are excited about them, only buy games you are excited about. The game is far more likely to hold your attention that way, and if it doesn't you won't feel like mentally marking it as "on hold" in your backlog, it will just be marked as "wasn't good, won't finish".
>>
Games that I've been doing this to:
Fallout 4
Witcher 3
Yoshi's Wooly World
Triforce Heroes
Gears of War Collection

Shit sucks. I pick up these games for like 15mins at a time and can't be arsed to keep playing. Some of them like F4 and W3 which are new to me, I feel like so much gets thrown in my face that I don't want to sit there and learn how to play the game
>>
I have nearly thirty games on my shelf that I haven't played. A bunch of Wii U, 3DS, Vita and PS3 games. Most of them are Vita games.

>>319352191
I know how that is. I know it too well. I spend all day long looking for games and figures and shit to spend money on, then I complain that I didn't have enough time to play games.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.