[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that the dust has settled, what did people think about borderlands'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1421213765469.jpg (362 KB, 1018x674) Image search: [Google]
1421213765469.jpg
362 KB, 1018x674
now that the dust has settled, what did people think about borderlands' random weapon generation? why did it never catch on, except through destiny, and even that was a failure?
>>
because 99% of the drops were garbo after you found your good gun

im convinced anyone playing past BL 2 is a cawwadoody drone
>>
>>319293905
>a cawwadoody drone

shouldnt they be playing cod then?
>>
>>319293779
>destiny was a failure
>3 million people play daily
>>
>>319293959
sorry if i hurt your feelings but its true
>>
It sucked. I liked launchers but they're all flat damage, and borderlands the best shit is two-fer or added projectile. The bloat is retarded and the idea of an Assassin class in a game with billions and billions of damage is amusing to me.

Same shit in fallout 4, the only good mods are two-fer and instigating while other mods being situational at best like a crippler or kneecapper.
>>
>>319294243

i mean, shouldn't they be borderland drones then?

because they're two entirely different game genres. similar in grinding, but that's all really.
>>
>>319293779
crafting guns is immensely better as it gives a greater sense of enjoyment and involvement. Leaving items to RNG is just plain crap

Take Skyrim, a simplified and dull formula. But it works well enough and hopefully will be improved.
>>
>>319294563
>crafting guns is immensely better as it gives a greater sense of enjoyment and involvement. Leaving items to RNG is just plain crap

was actually surpised borderlands 2 didn't add any crafting elements, especially when there were elements of that in the first one.
>>
>>319294687
mmmmm, I gave up on 2. Played sniper and just wasnt getting any nice drops, if I'm wanting RNG I'll just go play Diablo II
>>
>>319293779
It was good, and fuck gearbox for not polishing it in bl3, making battleborn instead. BL1 had a ton of good drops but little variety, BL2 had more variety but less balance. All bandit weapons were shit, and nearly all eridium weapons.
Pre-sequel had the same system as bl2 so it doesn't count.
>>
>>319293779
>>319294687
BL1 was a very good start, including writing.
BL2 added nothing, and everything it changed was made terrible.
>>
>>319294953

never even bothered playing 2, honestly.

>if I'm wanting RNG I'll just go play Diablo II

that's what i was thinking, but i like playing shooters more.

also, i keep expecting D2 servers to shut down any year now.
>>
>>319293779

Because even the best BL guns are boring as fuck to use. The gunplay was dogshit and the class abilities were as exciting as filing taxes.

Destiny does not have this problem, as the gunplay is tight, and even common weapons can be worth equpping if theyve got decent base damage. The difference is that the Destiny weapons all feel like they each exist on purpose, rather than being a combination of 9 different types of meh found in BL.
>>
>>319295210
yea, shooters are much more fun. Still prefer D2, at least it had 'interesting' boss fights. The latest RPG/fps games you just shoot the boss and run backwards even at the higher difficulties. Fuckin fallout for example, 2nd playthough decided to do it on hardest diff. Still same tactic, just take longer. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>319293779
Because there is no way to get the exact gun you want.

>trailers say a bazillion guns
>the bazillion guns are randomly generated instead of implementing a modding system

Also unless they are at the level cap, they suck after a couple levels

>legendary weapons that spawn on low level bosses
WTF?
>>
>>319295576
>Still prefer D2, at least it had 'interesting' boss fights.

that's the problem, now that i've played it too much, they're merely routines. and nostalgia can only burn for so long.
>>
It was a good idea in theory, but in practice it was pretty garbage.

Remember the loot explosions when you killed the last boss? Remember how you got literally nothing except trash blues and *maybe* one purple.

Then when the DLC came around they implemented several different types on in-game currency to use on vending machines because they realised that their loot generation was fucking garbage.

So you had to grind shitty quests to get a measly amount of coins to buy a shitty gun.

It's like the worst of P2W games in a full price shooter.
>>
File: 1446633813775.jpg (119 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1446633813775.jpg
119 KB, 500x390
>>319295703
mfw you're right
>>
>>319294408
as in, they suck up every meme and shitty modern bait to keep playing with a big grin

>oh wow, an achievement!
>check out my 'stum brah ith thuper rare
>>
IT was ok, but the novelty wore off pretty fast. Guns where all pretty boring and underwhelming to use and it just turned into searching for the one with the best stats.
>>
It was garbage. Much improved in Destiny, although I'd much prefer 10 crafted weapons.

Sifting through and using new weapons in Borderlands was just boring. They were all shite.
>>
>>319293779
>now that the dust has settled
clean your fucking room
>>
File: 1423182269367.jpg (105 KB, 795x338) Image search: [Google]
1423182269367.jpg
105 KB, 795x338
>>319295818

time has passed too quickly my friend.
>>
>>319295889
I don't know anyone that does that.. Do you even have friends?
>>
>>319296037
This
>>
>>319296870

they exist friend.

some people live for high gamer scores/platinum trophies
>>
Theres any good mods for memeland 1/2?
>>
>>319297306

there are mods for borderlands?
>>
>>319297306
nah they're all cheat weapons from memory
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.