[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>seamless active battle We FFXII now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10
File: ff7r.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ff7r.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
>seamless active battle

We FFXII now
>>
>only controlling one character in battle
I'm out
>>
>>319289146
Yeah it's basically FF12 mixed with LRs ATB bar in reverse.

>>319289585
There is character switching already confirmed and literally see in the trailer.

https://youtu.be/A3sBZ5Nr4hc?t=1m21s
>>
>>319290048
>There is character switching already confirmed and literally see in the trailer.
they have said in a recent interview that you will only be able to control one character in battle, so if there's character "switching" that means you control one character, and while you do the AI control the others

meaning you will always only control one character period, because that's how an action game works
>>
>>319289146
But I thought they were supposed to make FF7, not FF12.
>>
If it's not turn-based you can check me out.

There's also >episodic
>>
>>319290386
>they have said in a recent interview that you will only be able to control one character in battle
No they confirmed there is character switching.

>meaning you will always only control one character period, because that's how an action game works
You only ever "control" one character in FF7 to begin with so it's not any different

If you want to input commands for another character in 7R then just switch to them

If you want to input commands for another character in FF7 you just input a command for the character you currently have so it will switch to the next character

You are still always inputting commands for one character at a time anyway.
>>
>>319290527
FF7 was never turn based to begin with, it was ATB based

And 7R also is already confirmed to have ATB in it along with more real time elements to boost the ATB capabilities

Taking the menu commands and ATB from FF7 and mixing in movement during battles gives you FF1, taking that and making the ATB bar into a reverse one of the ATB bar from LR is what FF7R is

It's FF7 menu command with movement in battles like FF12 and with an ATB bar that is the reverse version of the one in LR.
>>
Why the fuck do you fags want FFVII to be the same exact game as before only better grafics.

FFVII still exists and there are already PC mods for it.

I am actually happy the game is gonna play more like KH.
>>
>>319290906
>FFVII to be the same exact game as before only better grafics.
Because that's generally what people want out of a remake? The game they played but better?
>>
>>319290710
>No they confirmed there is character switching.
-,-
what are you, 9?

Since it's not turn-based, or truly ATB-based, you control one character and the others are controlled by the AI, so when you switch, you can control that character, but now the other characters are controlled by an AI

you will only ever control one character at a time>>319290710
>You only ever "control" one character in FF7 to begin with so it's not any different
no... no you don't, retard
you control all of them, because they wait for your command... in the remake they will be controlled by AI while you control one of the characters, because it's an action-based game, not a true RPG
>>
>>319289146
I fucking loved ff12 battles,
No loading bullshit.
Faster to farm an area.
>>
>>319290967
That is rely stupid.

As amazing as FFVII was fact is it had really simple combat that's literally just spam the strongest attack or we the enemy is weak against and chug potions or heeling spells when you are low on hp.
Anything more complex was reserved for only optional bosses.
This is not fundamental a bad type of game play it can be relaxing and entertaining but in the end good action combat is better than Number wars.
>>
>>319290906
I didn't want the remake to be exactly like the original.

But I certainly didn't want to be exactly like FFXII/KH either.
>>
>>319290898
ATB is still turn based you idiot just added a bar to indicate its your turn
>>
>>319291414
I understand FFXII that game was just as mindless as any statics turn based FF.
But why KH have you played KH on proud mode difficulty.
Its borderline Bayonetta or Devil may cry.
Although this might only be my love of those games talking.
And no im not one of those goiys who hates turn based combat some of my favorite games ever are Fallout 2 DDS and FFVII
>>
All the people bitching about the game not being turn based can fuck right off.

FF7 was never turned based you dumb fucks. Probably never even played the original anyways.

Sounds like this board needs a healthy dose of git gud.

Turn based fags need to get over that archaic system made for children who couldn't think in real time.
>>
>>319291071
>it's not turn-based, or truly ATB-based, you control one characte...

None of this matters

You still can control all your characters by switching to them to give them inputs whenever you want

>no... no you don't
Yes you fucking do you retard

You control only ONE FUCKING CHARACTER at a time, you give ONE input to ONE character at a time, and after that ONE input for that ONE character it moves onto the next, where you then again give ONE input for that ONE character

In 7R you control one character and give them inputs and can switch to another character whenever you want

The inactive members being AI is completely fucking irrelevant because you still control their actions by switching to them.

It's a JRPG, the same way every fucking FF is a JRPG and it is an RPG just as much as FF7 is an RPG you fucking moron

RPG does not mean turn based you stupid cunt, are you fucking retarded?

ANd yes it is truly ATB based, ATB is a time guage, it doesn't matter if it charges up or down, it just matter that time is present which it is, and 7Rs ATB bar works like a reverse version of LRs ATB bar which is still an ATB bar
FF7
Control Cloud, input one command from the menu for Cloud, forces switch to next character who is Barret
Control Barret, input one command from the menu for Barret, forces switch to next character who is Tifa
Control Tifa, input one command from the menu for Tifa, forces switch to next character who is Cloud
Wait for ATBs to charge and repeat.

FF7R
Control Cloud, input multiple commands from the menu for Cloud until his ATB charges, manually switch to next character whenever you want, who is Barret
Control Barret, input multiple commands from the menu for Barret until his ATB charges, manually switch to next character whenever you want, who is Tifa
Control Tifa, input multiple commands from the menu for Tifa until her ATB charges, manually switch to next character whenever you want, who is Cloud
Rinse and repeat

Fucking retard
>>
>>
>>319291739

Calm down anon
>>
>>319291618
No it fucking isn't you stupid fucking faggot

ATB is literally not turn based

ATB is time based through and fucking through

In an ATB system enemies attack independant from the players input, you can die from standing idle because enemies constantly attack you, you can only input commands based on your ATB bar charging which it only does because time is progressing, TIME is the entire factor of an ATB battle

There is no "turns" in an ATB FF either, it's only commands, when an ATB bar charges for one character you input a command for them

ATB is not fucking turn based, it is time based, that is why ATB systems work exactly the same in games with real time movement like FF12, because it is a time based system.
>>
>>319291727
Yeah, I don't mind KH combat. It's just that it doesn't sit right with me for a FFVII game. They could have done something really new, instead of playing it safe and making it like the rest of the new FF games. Find a middle ground between the classic system and the new ones
>>
>>319291795
did your mother drop you on your head when you were a baby? where do you not understand the part about AI controlling the other characters?
>>
>>319291739
>FF7 was never turned based you dumb fucks

Except the part where it was. Hell, you even had and option to make it play exactly as old FF games.
>>
>>319289146
Why he looks like someone shooped another face on him?
>>
>>319291949
>you can die from standing idle

you do realize that theres an option where it says ATB = "Wait or Active" right?

its turn based but if you set to Active its turn based with a time limit
>>
Don't you just love it when every piece of news is bad news?
>>
What music is the one that plays in the recent trailer? Sounds cool, haven't played the original
>>
>>319291959
Do you not fucking understand that that has nothing to do with anything because you CAN STILL FUCKING CONTROL ALL THE PARTY MEMBERS BY SWITCHING TO THEM

Are you fucking stupid? You do realize that FF7 you only ever control ONE character at a time, right?

You can't give inputs to Barret when you are controlling Cloud, you can't tell Cloud to do Braver when you are controlling Tifa, you can only do one thing for one character in FF7 at a time

In 7R you can do multiple commands during one ATB and the ATB charges as you input commands for that one character, you can manually switch to the other members whenever you want to

In both you are still only controlling one character at a time and the system switches you to the other character to use them, are you fucking stupid? AI has nothing to do with this because it's entirely irrelevant to anything.
>>
File: 1394827788718.jpg (52 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1394827788718.jpg
52 KB, 500x378
>>319290048
FUCK
YES
OH MY GOD I CANT WAIT TO PLAY AS YUFFIE, AND CID, AND TIFA
>>
>>319292021
ATB is turn-based in the sense that cheap flash games are games
>>
>>319292191
FFVIIR is shaping to be one hell of a shitstorm and this has just started.

After seeing how the combat looks, I'm only interested in the shitflinging and the new music.
>>
>>319292074
>>you do realize that theres an option where it says ATB = "Wait or Active" right?
You do realize that all Wait mode does is pause TIME when you are in a sub menu right? The fact that it pauses TIME only further proves it is time based

Also time still progresses normally when you aren't in a sub menu.

It is not fucking turn based, it is pure time based.
>>
>>319292021
No it isn't you retard
>>
>>319292281
The difference is that Tifa doesn't start moving and attacking off-screen on her own while you are selecting commands on Cloud.
>>
File: 1428972141476.png (53 KB, 309x296) Image search: [Google]
1428972141476.png
53 KB, 309x296
When did you realize that action was the cancer that killed RPGs?
>>
>>319292021
But making it turn based is not the canon way to play the game anon.

It's like putting the game on easy mode when it was intended for normal.

Might as well just play the pc version with cheats since you are just playing for the story.
>>
>>319292456
Like 9 years ago
>>
>>319292436
That has NOTHING TO DO WITH CONTROL YOU FUCKING IDIOT

You can still MANUALLY SWITCH TO CONTROL ALL THE CHARACTERS WHENEVER YOU WANT

It doesn't matter if Tifa is standing still doing nothing or attacking enemies while you are controlling Cloud, because you still can manually switch to all the characters and control them

FF7 itself you only control one fucking character at a time

Your entire argument makes no fucking sense
>>
>>319290048
> You're doing it for the planet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
>>
>>319292456

It's not, the faggots that want only autism pandering turn based shit are the cancer.
>>
>>319292281
I want to be in control of all of my characters at the same time. I don't want them moving around like a retard and getting shot/walking right up to enemies so that they get fucked up when I'm not controlling them (and that WILL happen at several points in the game)

If the environment I'm in matters and I'm not in control of party members, then it's a shitty system.

If the environment doesn't matter and I'll get hit no matter where I go on the battlefield, and where I position myself doesn't do anything, then what the fuck was the point of opening up battles from a gameplay perspective?
>>
File: elle.gif (41 KB, 240x280) Image search: [Google]
elle.gif
41 KB, 240x280
>>319292456
when jrpgfags embrace tales of
>>
>>319292456
Action RPGs are objectively superior to turn based RPGs in every single conceivable way, and Action RPGs have existed just as long as turn based RPGs have.
>>
File: 1431491087053.jpg (22 KB, 344x500) Image search: [Google]
1431491087053.jpg
22 KB, 344x500
>>319292546
>the faggots that want Role Playing Games to be Role Playing Games are cancer

Shit that millennials say
>>
The only thing I'm curious about is how Blue Magic will work

It was easily my favorite thing about VII
>>
>>319292281
Not the guy you are arguing with but you seem a little confused anon the point is when you control someone and perform an action with them the other party members will be performing ai actions. I know its hard anon but try to read it closely. The previous game had them in standby until you commanded them to do anything so you are controlling "one" character at all times in this remake.
>>
>its basically ff12 combat
please no, or at least get rid of the option to use gambits on your own character I don't want the game playing itself more than it already is
>>
>>319292620
Let's hope they don't fuck the materia system too much.
>>
>>319292525
i can't tell if you are trolling or just dumb i want to say the former but it's pretty hard to tell on /v/ nowadays
>>
>>319292675
>please no, or at least get rid of the option to use gambits
>option

What

I will never understand this argument against XII. You could literally turn them off and control each character manually. Or customize it do handle busy work like casting libra or curing status ailments. Or you could come up with a complex string of commands to go full auto

Everyone wins. Options are good things
>>
>>319292607
You are objectively stupid and full of shit
>>
>>319292597

Only JRPG to do action right.
>>
>>319292567
>I want to be in control of all of my characters at the same time

YOU NEVER FUCKING DID

You only ever controlled ONE FUCKING CHARACTER AT A TIME EVER IN FF7

Did you even fucking play the game?

You input only ONE command for Cloud and cannot do anything else until you input a command for him, you only input ONE command for Tifa and cannot do anything else until you input a command for her, you literally only ever control ONE character at a time ever.

In 7R you input multiple commands for all the members and can switch to them whenever you want to, are you fucking retarded? You do realize that not only is that more control but you also have better access to gaining control of your other party members by simply switching to them, right? Are you really this fucking stupid?

AI has nothing to do with it, and you would be the one who manually sets up their AI anyway so they are only doing what YOU told them to do.

You are controlling your party members in 7R more than you do in FF7, how can you be so fucking autistic not to see that?
>>
>>319292641
I fucking know that and I already said that is completely irrelevant to anything

You the player are still only ever controlling ONE character in FF7 no matter what and can only ever input ONE command for ONE character at a time no matter what

In 7R you can input MULTIPLE commands for the ONE character you control and you can switch to ANY OTHER character whenever you want to control them

What they are doing when you aren't controlling them is completely irrelevant to anything

You are controlling ONE character at all times in FF7 to begin with you stupid fuck
>>
>>319292880
Are my characters doing things when I'm not controlling them?
Yes?
Then I have less control over them then I had in the original, because they do things without my say so.

Stop typing walls of text nobody reads
>>
>>319292757
So you have no argument and are just another braindead nostalgiacunt who knows fuck all about game systems.
>>
>>319290048
>1 hour into the game
> over 1000 HP

wew lad
>>
No, FFXII was the last good FF. This looks like crap. Not nearly as bad as FFXV looks though.
>>
>>319291819
Shit, I remember how it went in the original now. This looks kinda stupid and needless in comparison.
>>
File: 084.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
084.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>319292456
>ARPGs have existed since 1982
>killed RPGs
So what the hell have we been playing for the last 33 years?
>>
>>319292675
>at least get rid of the option to use gambits on your own character

Are you stupid

There's no way you can fight in real time without gambit, especially against the super bosses in XII
>>
It's called Final Fantasy VII because you buy it VII times
>>
>>319293061
>Then I have less control over them then I had in the original, because they do things without my say so.

No they only do things you told them to do which is why the AI is fucking there in the first place

And no it is not less control you have MORE control because you can do MORE with one character in 7R than you can do with one character in 7

In 7 you can only input ONE command for ONE character and are then forced to switch to the next character after that one input

in 7R you can input MULTIPLE commands for that one character and you can switch to another character whenever you want to

You are so fucking stupid it hurts, you clearly have no fucking idea how the system even worked in the first place let alone anything about ATB systems or turn based systems.
>>
>>319292616
JRPGs are as much roleplaying games as Fallout 4, ie not at all.

You have a set in stone character with no choices.

JRPGs are just anime games with stats battling monsters every few steps, so this will be a JRPG.
>>
>>319293091
the argument is that you can't read i'm not even the original anon you are arguing with and i think you are retarded
>>
>>319293341
You should stop trying to chime into arguments that you have no understanding of you thundering cunt.
>>
Action RPGs are NOT RPGS!!!
>>
It's pretty funny, the second they changed the combat systems for FF games they went to shit, yet these fucking idiot devs never learn.
>>
>>319293373
oh his argument made perfect sense you just went full retard for god knows what reason
>>
>>319289146
We have ONE dedicated AUTIST in this thread.
>>
>>319293451

I disagree

I really liked both XII's and XIII's combat. XIII had lots of other issues, but I honestly didn't think the combat was one of them. Buffs and debuffs were important, there was actual tanking mechanics (Where most FF games are just pure damage dealing, encounters types were varied. I liked it a lot

The only issue with XIII's combat was that for a game based on staggering opponents, the actually execution of staggers wasn't varied enough. But they fixed that in XIII-3 where enemies had specific strategies for causing staggers
>>
>>319292616
So JRPG now stands for Jurnbased Role Playing Game? Hint: turn based combat has nothing to do with whether a game is a RPG or not.
>>
>>319293451
You mean FFIV? I agree, the series has never been the same.
>>
File: 1434963140415.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1434963140415.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
Whatever they do it won't please everyone so just go crazy with it
>>
>>319293451
nothing to do with combat, shitty characters, shitty world, shitty story there.. combat is far better then just pressing a=X to attack every 10 seconds and pressing arrow dawn then x twice to use magic once every 10 minutes.... old school jrpg combat is shit nothing more nothing less, stay mad...
>>
>13 based itself on Advent Children
>Now FF7 has it

Gone full circle
>>
>>319293451
>it's been shit since 2
I never thought of it that way
>>
You guys arguing about control and AI, both can be right.

You assign auto command to AI to keep them attacking(default)/casting/etc. And hopefully you can go deeper and set conditions for action like auto-use limit break, auto heal when low, etc.
>>
>>319291949
>>319292374

You're a complete retard.

The characters and enemies still take turns during which no one else can act. Only one character or enemy can attack at any given time. Hence it's fucking TURN-BASED.

Turn-based doesn't mean everyone gets an equal amount of turns you blabbering mouthbreather.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.