[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Episodic releases >Storyline changes How are you feeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 29
File: my name is not important.gif (794 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
my name is not important.gif
794 KB, 400x310
>Episodic releases
>Storyline changes
How are you feeling about the FF7 Remake right now, /v/?
>>
i'm going to shoot someone

(not really, don't report me to the police please)
>>
>>319270540
I'm glad to not be a FF fan right now
if this happened to my favorite series, I'd be on suicide watch
>>
>>319270540

Sad, just sad.

I don't even have anything clever to say.

What happened to our hobby?
>>
File: 1428435281478.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1428435281478.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
>>319270540
Too be honest.
I kinda expected this sorta thing would happen from the start.

Unless by 'episodic' it's like:
>1. Underdogs. Avalanche
>2. Hunt for the Ultimate SOLDIER
>3. Sephiroth & Cloud
>4. Fate of the World
Where the game is still an RPG but uses episodes like Phantom Pain, etc but 'episodic' as in a Telltale games format?
Just piss off, I'm not charging piece-meal for something baited to everyone then spat in their faces.
Although it's Square Enix so what can ya expect?
>yfw Kingdom Hearts could be like this
>>
>>319270540
It will have DLC and cosmetic shit.
>>
File: 1438930437123.gif (2 MB, 390x520) Image search: [Google]
1438930437123.gif
2 MB, 390x520
The worst part is that it will still sell like fucking pancakes thanks to retards. Fuck this gay earth.
>>
I'm pretty disappointed to be honest. I'm sure each "episode" won't be very long at all, and we'll be forced to play as undesirable characters as well. Because lets be honest, who really wants to play anybody but Cloud? I'm getting a Ground Zeroes vibe from all this shit.
>>
>lets ruin this old games' good reputation to make a quick buck
>yeah! and we can chop it into pieces to maximize profit!
>we'll need to change the story line to make the game shorter though
I'm sure this is the exact opposite of what anyone who actually played 7 ever wanted
>>
You guys are fucking idiots holy shit.

This is LITERALLY Square Enix's biggest project in terms of time and money.

If you think that you can create AAA games now like you did back in 1997, then you're just mentally challenged.

FF7 sucks anyway, so I don't care.
>>
>>319271519

I would prefer playing as red, cid or cait sith.
>>
Nothing you do will matter now. Why bother collecting items or materia since they'll have to just hand the idiots that didn't play the last episode the equipment they missed. This is going to be horrific.
>>
>>319271658

Well, cd projekt red kinda has proven that you can make AAA quality games nowdays like you did in 1997. So the possibility is there.

The question is does the publisher want to milk a series that is guaranteed to sell by chopping it up in pieces and selling them, even knowing that no matter how bad the pieces are going to be the core audience will buy them all. And even a wider "hip" audience is going to buy it because of the image FF7 has built up.

Its like the whole warhammer fiasco over again when the developer cried how terrible the fans are for not liking having one race locked behind preordering even when its one of the most iconic races.
>>
>>319271658
when everything is literally there for you and just needs to be updated it won't be that hard sure it will still cost a good amount and take awhile but its still faster then making a new game
>>
>>319271878
This
Japs are getting fucking lazy
>>
Tales of kingdom fantasy hearts XVIIIVIIXIVI
>expecting a remake to be good
top kek m8
>>
just when i thought square enix getting based again with they localized DQ7-8 for 3ds and letting cloud into smash, they have to pull this shit
>>
>>319271475
I think sales will decrease over time much like the lightning trilogy.
I would rather prefer one complete game with just as much content as the original than them trying to shove in a bunch of content over multiple releases
>>
>>319271878
>>319272037
W3 is horse crap tho
>>
>>319270540
Iv already beat ff7 4 times and done all I wanted to do it, it might not be exactly what I wanted but at least it's still going to be different.
>>
File: 1436965645673.png (89 KB, 1095x164) Image search: [Google]
1436965645673.png
89 KB, 1095x164
>>319270540

You forgot something very important OP.
>>
the game is essentially done, and they've realized it's shit
so they cooked up the idea to cut it into episodes to that they could charge more dollars per minute of content
it probably wont surprise anyone when the first episode is good/decent and the rest are all unfinished garbage

it's plain to see this is all about maximizing profits under the guise of pandering to nostalgia
the only weakness to that plan is that it's so obvious, not that it'll stop them from raking in the dosh-- they'll literally be making 3x the cash for each copy sold by charging you for it three times
>>
>>319272290

Far from it, its a niche title, and people don't seem to get that. Its an amazing game, but not for everyone.
>>
>>319271658
>I don't care.

We know, Anon. We know.
>>
Why the heck are they turning FF7 into a Telltale game?

(If only it was a remaster instead of a remake)
>>
File: 1434576646680.jpg (29 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
1434576646680.jpg
29 KB, 600x336
『FFVII リメイク』のバトルにはお馴染みのリミットブレイクも搭載。分作にした経緯にも迫る
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/173/1173362/

『ファイナルファンタジーVII リメイク』北瀬佳範氏&野村哲也氏に訊く分作の意図――バトルはATBありのアクションに!?【PSX2015】
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/07094721.html

>Character models are being supervised by Visual Work's director.
>The team is staying away from total realism for the designs, since it might make certain characters hard to recognize. Instead, they are going to make them as real as possible, while keeping the character's personality and design intact.
>Advent Children's model data is over ten years old, so they cannot use it, even if that were the direction the team had decided upon.
>Everything from the recent trailer, aside from the recycled E3 Trailer footage, was real-time. The end scene where Cloud gets off the train transitions directly into gameplay.
>Cloud looking sick is partly due to the lighting. Nojima thinks Cloud's sickly appearance is brilliant.
>Cross-dressing is in the game, but Nomura has yet to work on the design.
>All the party member's designs are renewed like Barret's. At first they thought of going with the Advent Children design for Barret, but decided against it.
>Both the ATB and Limit gauge are present, but work differently than in the original. The ATB turning red is particularly important.
>Battle tempo will be similar to Dissidia. Battle system is being made by people who have experience in both Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts.

cont.
>>
>>319272567

Because normalfags have 5 minute attention spans, and nothing quite scratches the "accomplishment" itch quite like playing a hardcore 15 minute session of ARPG goodness. Kill me.
>>
>>319272290
I don't know if you know what horse crap looks like but I'm pretty sure The Witcher 3 is better than it
>>
>nextgen technology
>>
>>319270540
All FF7 needed was a rerelease with an updated translation 2bh.
>>
>>319272650

>Nomura: "If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some parts of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some of the original content from the game, and it would be especially difficult to add anything more. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achieved, we have decided to split the game into multiple episodes."
>Kitase: "Taking the No.8 Street shown in the recent trailer, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would be impossible to do with a single release. Splitting the original version into episodes with nothing dropped, as well as adding complements, and remaking the game in it's full volume is what we are thinking."
>Kitase: "Unlike the encounter battles in the original version, we're aiming for seamless, active battles like those shown in the recent trailer."
>Nomura: "Since the game is based on Final Fantasy VII, elements like the ATB Gauge and Limit Breaks will appear, but with new usage [to reflect the new combat system]. Please wait for our further announcements on how they will evolve."
>Nomura: "We are planning to dig deeper with the story in the episodes. Players who have played the original surely know everything from the beginning to the end of the game, including many very important moments. We would love to give even these players surprises."
>Kitase: "We are not going to remake a game so you only play for nostalgia. We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump. Additions will be made with this goal clear in the minds of the team."

that's it
>>
>>319272650
>Cloud looking sick is partly due to the lighting. Nojima thinks Cloud's sickly appearance is brilliant.

Pardon?
>>
>>319271519
>and we'll be forced to play as undesirable characters as well. Because lets be honest, who really wants to play anybody but Cloud?
You control three party members you can control at any time and keep all game just like the original game and presumably you'll have the "Cloud is in a wheelchair so here's Tifa instead" arc like the original too.
This was already confirmed in interviews.
>>
Just play the original game you stupid assholes.
Anyone who was even remotely interested about this shit has to be retarded.

Then again, JRPG fans are just that. Casuals who like their cinematic railroad experience bullshit that more or less caused the shitty fucking games that exist these days.
>>
I'm laughing like a maniac from both the threads here and just how ludicrously retarded this company is.

This is coming from someone who was fully invested in the game, oh, 8 hours ago at most?
>>
>>319272650
>Battle system is being made by people who have experience in both Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts

And funnily enough NOT people who have experience with Final Fantasy.

Because fuck them, right?
>>
>>319272813
All the guys in charge of the game were in charge of the original game.
>>
Pretty good. If I wanted to play a game that was exactly FFVII, I'd play FFVII. I'm actually way excited about the changes they'll make to the game.
>>
>>319270540
I've gone from anger of seeing the changes from Saturday, to completely nonchalant. It will be trash. Those rumours of VI and VIII being remade need to stay just that.
>>
>>319270540

>Episodic Releases

Fine as long as it has the game-length we can expect from a normal FF game. Kind of doubt this is the case though.

>storyline changes

Not a fan, so don't care, especially because FFVII's storyline is gibberish. Not that the new storyline is going to be any better (It's still SE after all), but if you're going to have sacred cows, they probably shouldn't have Mad Cow Disease.

In short, I'm not a fan of the original so I'm not butthurt that we're getting a reimagining instead of a remake, especially because it looks pretty fun, and I'm not retarded so I'm not butthurt over my inability to distinguish the two.
>>
I don't understand this "impossible to do in a single release" thing.

Are SE doing badly as a company? Are they not making enough money so they need to cash in between episodes?

I mean, the question of physical harddrive space is bullshit, as most people have at least a terabyte by now.

No matter how I twist and turn it, I can't fathom how they are arguing that this is a a "space" issue.

Fuck they could release this game on 300 gigabyte and most people wouldn't even look at it funny.

Why instead sell us 3 batches of 100 gigabytes each?

I don't grasp how this makes them anything except jewish.
>>
>>319272858

Source.
>>
>>319270540
Never played FF7 so don't care :^) gonna be fun as fuck.
>>
File: Angeal's_Wing.jpg (21 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
Angeal's_Wing.jpg
21 KB, 480x272
Just wait until it gets all Crisis Core with characters growing wings for no reason all all the original characters donut steel start getting worked into the script.

Oh and if Crisis Core's butchering of Zack's death is anything to go by subtly and care is out the window and EPIC FINAL BATTLES, DBZ fights and typical Japanese melodrama will be the trend du jour.
>>
>>319272813
Pretty much everyone involved in Dissidia and KH is involved in Final Fantasy.
>>
The real question is, will FFVIIR be finished?

They always meant to have a 30-40 minute movie to be released after 7 hit to spin out the resolution to the story. If you remember, FFVII just stops. There is no resolution.

Unfortunately it took forever AC to come out. It was also just sort of a fanboy wank anyway.

So will 7R actually have an ending? Will it just stop again once the warriors of light disperse Jenova into the lifestream like she wanted?
>>
Does episodic release mean no freedom to roam around in the overworld?
>>
>>319273076
The fucking credits in the initial trailer.
Do you know know who people like Kitase and Nojima are?
>>
>How you want your remake pham?
>>
>>319271295
What if It's broken into three parts

And they're labeled discs 1-3
>>
>>319273160
Gonna be funny to see Zack getting gunned down by ONE BILLION MILLION SOLDIERS AND TANKS AND HELICOPTERS AND SPACE GUNS AND NUCLEAR BOMBS in Cloud's flashback.
>>
>>319273279
>They always meant to have a 30-40 minute movie to be released after 7 hit to spin out the resolution to the story
Source?
Honestly, the ending of VII is perfect. It's ambiguous, let's you make your own mind up: did it all end anyway, or did something else happen down the line that destroys the world. Advent Children ruined the ending.
>>
File: life found a way.jpg (386 KB, 1000x741) Image search: [Google]
life found a way.jpg
386 KB, 1000x741
I thought there was no way Square could possibly fuck this up.
>>
>>319273490
That's too sensible of a conclusion.
They're obviously making it a Tell Tale game.
>>
Well, square is shooting itself in the foot because they insist on making these OMFG GRAPHIX games. They should just settle for something less graphically impressive and focus on more important aspects of games. Who knows, they might even be able to create overworlds that way.
>>
>>319273585
Then you had your head in the cloud. I thought there was no way they could do it well. I was right.
>>
>>319273634
>Well, square is shooting itself in the foot because they insist on making these OMFG GRAPHIX games.
But that's exactly what everyone who wanted a remake of FFVII was looking for.
Nobody was asking for it so they could rebalance materia or add a bonus dungeon.
>>
>>319273719
there's a middle ground to be had. They could have just updated it to be cartoony with modern shaders and shit.
>>
>>319273542
I'm never going to be able to drag up a source. I swear up and down I read it in some gaming magazine back when those were still a thing. It could have very well be speculation on the journalist's part too. I wish I kept those things. I'd be hellbent to read every one of those to find that article again.

So I guess all in all.. Source: My Ass for all it's good for. Still, the game seems quite set up that way. Yeah, the ambiguous ending is nice, but still no resolution. Jenova is spread into the lifestream like she wanted THE END. There has to be more to it then that.
>>
>>319272719
>Since the game is based on Final Fantasy VII

Excuse me but fucking what Nomura? No the game IS Final Fantasy VII you daft fuck.
>>
>>319272765
You're a tool.
>>
I doubt the game would be bigger than 50GB's right? There is no way they'd say it's too big to release as one game then release 4 10gb parts. Hell even if it was too big, why couldn't they just release everything in 2 or more discs?
>>
File: 1369121960944.jpg (161 KB, 640x524) Image search: [Google]
1369121960944.jpg
161 KB, 640x524
>>319273528
Fuck, I didn't even consider it in the flashback.

That's going to be fucking hilarious especially when they try to play it as somber recollection.
>>
PC release when?
>>
>>319272650
>while keeping the character's personality and design intact.

We have already seen barret with glasses, so im calling bullshit on this crap.
>>
>>319273807
Nobody was going to accept that after the tech demo featuring Aerith.
>>
File: 1449335772438.jpg (152 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1449335772438.jpg
152 KB, 1200x900
>>319270540
>shoulder rest slips through ned's upper arm
>>
>>319274014
What's wrong with Barret in sunglasses?
I think it works pretty well, honestly.
>>
File: 18wxj26qkvt5tjpg.jpg (12 KB, 150x260) Image search: [Google]
18wxj26qkvt5tjpg.jpg
12 KB, 150x260
>>319270540
Just like everyone on /v/ I'm 20 years old and have never finished FF7. I just pretend to love it because everyone likes it and I hate the Remake because it's cool to hate it.
>>
>>319273961
>Hell even if it was too big, why couldn't they just release everything in 2 or more discs?
Because then it'd be in development for as long as FFXV and be expensive as fuck on release.
>>
>>319270540
I just have to be patient and I can defeat the slant eyed jew. They will eventually release the entire game in a bundle at a lower price.
>>
>>319273902
if he said "it's just FFVII" people would rage because they would think he's literally just re-releasing the same original game.
there's no way to win, especially when you have to talk through a translator.
>>
>>319273634
Eh, ever since FF went 3D, graphics became a huge selling point, it's just become harder and harder to keep up with that standard the more technology advances.
>>
>>319272453
That implies its coming to PC. Guess I dont need a playstation after all.
>>
I am not an FF7 fan, but I was hoping the remake did well because it might mean FF8 got the same treatment. But now....oh boy...I don't want it to succeed at all because the same might happen to FF8.
>>
>>319274105
>thinks everyone hasnt finished the game and is just riding the popular opinion train
>thinks its more likely than people being concerned for the thing theyve asked for for years now
>>
This is making me glad I don't care a whole lot about graphics. I can still play the original and not feel like I'm missing out on too much.

Still, I can imagine the disappointment many fans are feeling.

>>319273585
Literally all they had to do was update the graphics. That's all anyone wanted - to have a classic updated with modern visuals. They could have made a ton of money and gotten some goodwill from fans for a relatively low amount of work. It's like they're trying to fuck this up.
>>
File: Shitnigga.png (264 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
Shitnigga.png
264 KB, 878x900
>>319274251
They cant ruin FF8 any more than the game ruined itself.
>>
>>319274227
It could also imply just xbone.
>>
>>319270540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC7DHfyMKFo
>>
>>319270540
anyone got sauce for gif?
>>
File: 1445309540161.gif (759 KB, 576x342) Image search: [Google]
1445309540161.gif
759 KB, 576x342
I don't want to give a fuck anymore. Please take my fucks away.
>>
>>319272749
Because Cloud is genuinely sick at that point in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmo4MwSfVgE
>>
>>319274227

You never needed a Playstation, Anon.
>>
Is this what getting cuked feels like /v/?
>>
>>319273160
Just looking at Crises Core gameplay now. Looks worryingly similar to the FF& remake gameplay demo and it looks like garbage.

Shit.
>>
File: FMGFRVII.jpg (199 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FMGFRVII.jpg
199 KB, 1280x720
>How are you feeling about the FF7 Remake right now, /v/?
>>
>Episodic releases
WHAT THE FUCK
HOW CAN YOU FUCK UP SO BADLY?
HOW?
>>
>>319272650
>Both the ATB and Limit gauge are present, but work differently than in the original. The ATB turning red is particularly important.
ATB is a shitty outdated concept. I hope they somehow manage to make that good.
>>
>>319270540

If it's split up like the discs are and there's like a year between releases I guess that's not too horrible.

>Storyline changes

I'm going to assume it's stuff like Yuffie and Vincent coming into your party as actually part of the storyline so they don't have to do a shitton of different scenes and shit for if they're not there, or your whole team being with you despite your party being only 3 people, stuff like that.
>>
>story changes

good
go on, go replay ff7 and tell me the story is good from the second you hit the ancient ruins onward

90% of the game's most memorable moments are in the first 7 hours
>>
>Episodic releases
Wait, what?
>>
>>319271878
Oh Witcher 3, the game I refunded after 50 minutes?

Don't tell me you actually thought that steaming pile of garbage was fun.
>>
>>319274650
>my opinion is fact

Just fuck off.
>>
>>319274786

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/06/final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-be-a-multi-part-series/

Think more SC2 WoL/HotS/LotV than say a Telltale game
>>
File: lkKBpHwNYeKLU1_kgr056Q_r.jpg (125 KB, 700x523) Image search: [Google]
lkKBpHwNYeKLU1_kgr056Q_r.jpg
125 KB, 700x523
>>319270540
Don't forget edgyfied art style and completely fucking up the original gameplay.

It's shit.
>>
>>319274867
>edgyfied art style
Since when was Midgar anything but dark and depressing?
Is every purists perception of FFVII so warped they thought the entire game was the Golden Saucer and Honeybee Inn?
>>
chopperino wid the scopediddly
>>
Thief Turned from stealth thievery into Cowadoody
Hitman Turned from hidden assassination missions into Cowadoody
Splinter Cell Turned from stealth covert ops into Cowadoody
Syndicate Turned from RTS into Cowadoody
Deus Ex Turned from futuristic covert ops into Cowadoody
Resident Evil Turned into Cowadoody PVP
Killing Floor Turned into Cowadoody zombie mode
Warcraft Turned from RTS into MMO for casuals
FFVII Turned from turn-based into subpar Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance clone, now in episodic releases

They had to cash-in everyone's childhood memories, raep them and destroy them so they could squeeze every last penny out of them to the cheers of young faggots who never even played the originals. Not even FFVII was spared...
>>
>>319274863
>Think more SC2 WoL/HotS/LotV than say a Telltale game
What makes you say that? This game is strictly SP.
>>
>>319274867
If you want the same gameplay go play the remaster retard. Better yet, kill yourself.
>>
>>319270540
this filename made me smile
>>
>>319275090
>Revengeance
What a stupid comparison, you're a mongoloid
>>
>>319275116
>>319274958
Them angry shills. SE could put obbligatory microtransaction purchases in the remake and you'd still defend them.
Yeah, I'm going to play the original. Like everyone with a brain should do.
>>
I didn't even have to wait for the episodic crap to drop it. This went into the trash the moment it became clear they're doing a real time 3rd person action game for the normie crowd. Piss off.
>>
File: Barret.jpg (6 KB, 192x217) Image search: [Google]
Barret.jpg
6 KB, 192x217
>>319275090
>Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance
>>
>>319275096

The fact that he didn't use the word episodes and said games.
>>
>>319275310
Everyone with a brain already played the original and want something different.
>>
>>319275320
Biggest change should have been balance and support for 4 characters.

That's all I wanted. Keep the pre-rendered backgrounds, keep the script, keep the gameplay, keep anything that doesn't need changing to meet the expectations of a boxed $60 console release. Which is basically just fixing the translation, graphics and soundtrack.

If they did this a team of interns could shit out a perfect remake in a year, that could output a stable 60fps at 4k resolution.
>>
>>319274863
>Think more SC2 WoL/HotS/LotV
So absolute fuckign cancer, thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>319275580
That wouldn't even count as a remake you fucking retard, it would just be a shitty remaster.
>>
>>319275679
You dont know what a remake is.
>>
>>319270540
Ok. I will play it no matter what they will do to original story, characters, etc. They wont fucked it up like FFXIII. They just cant.
>>
>>319275610

We don't even know yet, so cool your jets.
>>
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if the games end up being great and /v/ has to pretend they hate them because they made such a fuss about how it was gonna be shit.
>>
>>319275730
It's clearly you who can't tell the difference between a remake and a remaster.
>>
>>319275853
Define both terms.
>>
>Nomura: "If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some parts of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some of the original content from the game, and it would be especially difficult to add anything more. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achieved, we have decided to split the game into multiple episodes."
>>
>>319275771
>They just cant.
In case you haven't noticed, squeenix has ben cashing on cheap FF7 fanfiction for about 15 years now.
>>
>>319275983
But why would they have to remove anything, is there a limit on how big a game can be?
>>
>>319270540
>Episodic releases
How this is a bad thing? You prefer to buy 3 blurays?
>>
>>319275983

>Kitase: "Taking the No.8 Street shown in the recent trailer, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would be impossible to do with a single release. Splitting the original version into episodes with nothing dropped, as well as adding complements, and remaking the game in it's full volume is what we are thinking."
>>
>>319275983
>difficult to add anything more

Nobody wants his fanfiction shit to be added to the game anyway.
>>
>>319276104
As if it could ever reach 150gb
>>
>>319275851
Doesn't matter, it will get an insane amount of shitposting anyway. That just happens to everything ever. It will get double shitposted because it's FFVII.

The game could be the second coming of jesus, but one rock at the end of an alley you can't get down has a wonky texture and 0/10 NOT EVEN WORTH THE PIRATE

Not saying the game WILL be second coming of jesus. Just saying that it doesn't matter how good the game is, it'll be shitposted into oblivion.
>>
>>319276207
But what if it could?
>>
>>319276101
Mostly budget.
If they actually insist on making every area very highly detailed it will be rather expensive.

They shouldve just continued making those handheld remakes.
The 3DS couldve gotten FF5 and 6 and Nintendos next thing could have gotten FF7 or something.
>>
>>319276323
Technically it could if they used uncompressed or really poorly compressed files. But that would be stupid.
>>
>Multi-part release
This is pretty much the second biggest red flag after microtransactions. Why is every piece of news bad news?
>>
>>319276478
Anyway it will be big for one blu ray.
>>
>>319276645
Bluray games were big in the first place because PS3 couldn't handle compressed assets. You'd think It would be different now.
>>
>>319270540
>There are people who are seriously defending and/or even praising this shit already
>>
>>319276758
Was it because it couldnt handle them, or was it simply because the bluray was already there so there was no reason to compress shit?
>>
File: FF7.jpg (138 KB, 885x532) Image search: [Google]
FF7.jpg
138 KB, 885x532
>>319270540
>>
>>319276915
I'm sure most of the time it was 'why bother, we have 50 gigs to work with'
>>
As indifferent as ever.
>>
>>319277025
Yeah the only people who suffered from this were PC port players with shit internet or those who went digital only on the PS3, which is stupid anyways.
>>
>>319276819

Honestly, I'm going to wait and see, because I like what I've seen so far, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because if there's one thing Square knows they CANNOT fuck up, it's this game, it's game fucking over forever for them if they do. So I wanna see more details before flinging shit and decrying this as already a disaster.
>>
>>319277093
And people who used discs on PS3 had to deal with loading times up the ass without even knowing they could be shorter if devs gave a shit.
>>
>>319276978
>black font on black background
gj
>>
Don't really see what the huge fuss is. You can play the original on the ps4 now and it would be boring to play the exact same game again
>>
I don't understand how people could ever begin to think it wouldn't be released in installments. Or do you really think the sheer amount of content in the three FFVII discs could be ported over verbatim to a current-gen $60 release? Do you realize the scale of this project?
They would have had to massively resize the game in order for it to make sense as a standalone $60 game. Skip the padding, skip the minigames, skip most optional content, even drop some of the more important locations and port their storyline over to the available ones. Much like what the Ratchet and Clank remake is doing, only on a much bigger scale.
Glad we'll eventually maybe get a PC version, though. I wasn't that keen on giving actual money to Square-Enix.
>>
>>319277881
This is such a committee-designed damage control post that I have no words.
>>
>>319277957
You posted some, though, so there's that.
I'm not going to buy the game to be quite honest with you friend. Just telling it like it is.
>>
>>319274397
You never needed to play video games either
>>
>>319274820
I'm sorry you have shit taste in games anon
>>
File: progression of ff7r hype.gif (1 MB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
progression of ff7r hype.gif
1 MB, 400x295
>>
>>319277881
See >>319275580

The game, it's budget/design philosophy/release schedule/etc. is only this way because SE -wanted it- to be.
They are obsessed with the triple AAA meme; believing every modern release needs fully 3d environs, a seamless overworld and arpg combat. Do not pretend for even a moment that the remake needed to be the unfaithful, ungrateful, downright offensive abortion it's turned into.
>>
>>319270540
Pretty good, actually. If I wanted to play the same game with the same story and the same mechanics, I'd fucking play FFVII.
>>
File: -_-.jpg (50 KB, 407x410) Image search: [Google]
-_-.jpg
50 KB, 407x410
>>319270540

This was my face when.

I don't feel anymore. This hobby just makes me hollow.
>>
>>319278434
I don't know, I still think that's preferable to what the hardcore nostalgua crowd wanted, literally FFVII but with higher quality graphics.
>>
>>319278923
Why? Do you hate FF7 that much?
Game needed a remake like Resident Evil 1.

That was the greatest shit.
>>
>>319279003
>Why? Do you hate FF7 that much?
No retard, if I want to play FFVII, I PLAY FFVII. Like I did 20 years ago.
>>
File: 160px-Ff5_exdeath.jpg (163 KB, 688x1000) Image search: [Google]
160px-Ff5_exdeath.jpg
163 KB, 688x1000
>>319279124
And this is obviously a FF7 remake so it should play like FF7.
This IS FF7 but they want to force it to be something its not.
>>
>>319270540
Final Fantasy 7: Peace Walker
Final Fantasy 7: Ground Zeroes
Final Fantasy 7: The Phantom Pain
Final Fantasy 7: the fourth one
>>
>>319279234
>And this is obviously a FF7 remake so it should play like FF7.
No, this is a remake, not a remaster. You wanted a remaster because apparently you're such a graphics whore you can't play the original anymore and wanted Squeenix to pretty it up for you. But as far as I'm concerned, if they're remaking the game, let 'em make it new, not deliver the game we all played already with pretty graphics and nothing new.
>>
>>319278434
That'd definitely be something much more plausible, yeah. I guess they're trying to get newer generations to buy the game too- they must have reasoned the amount of FFVII fans they'd lose with the changes would be more than made up for with the new blood coming in. I mean, there's a lot of people that would buy the game on the sole basis it's FFVII. Much like HL3, the idea of a remake itself has become something of a meme at this point.

>If they did this a team of interns could shit out a perfect remake in a year
Still not seeing this, mind you. It's not like you can just port over the code willy-nilly. And the new assets would still take a shitload of work to make. I guess if they had a full team of people who know their shit, maybe. Definitely not "interns".
>>
>>319272708
And fans have offered those on the PC version for ages.
>>
File: 1422136224166.jpg (100 KB, 400x382) Image search: [Google]
1422136224166.jpg
100 KB, 400x382
Wait til they announce a Season Pass for the Ultimate Weapons and the Knights of the Round Table DLCs, /v/.
>>
>>319279334
A remake should also keep the original gameplay intact.

What you are looking for is a spinoff.

And yes, I wanted SE to pretty it up for me.
FF7 is easily one of the ugliest games ever made.
I wanted an improvement in that regard and then some tweaks. You know, like a proper remake.

I wanted a REmake and I'm getting garbage.
FF3 and 4 for the DS had a better approach than this.
This is pandering to shitty new audiences, not actual fans.
>>
>>319273856
Honestly it didn't even imply Jenova did that. All we had was Cloud defeating the Sephiroth in his mind, and then everyone watches as Holy and the Planet itself move to stop Meteor with everything its got, with the resolution and success being left ambiguous besides Red XIII running through the wastelands of Midgar with pups.
>>
For real though, AAA budgets have become way too bloated.

This is the logical next step and it won't work.

Video game budgets need to go down asap or else the industry will implode.
>>
>>319279640
>A remake should also keep the original gameplay intact.
No, that's what a REMASTER does.

>What you are looking for is a spinoff.
No, that's what Dirge of Cerberus or the PSP Prequel are.

>And yes, I wanted SE to pretty it up for me.
FF7 is easily one of the ugliest games ever made.
>I wanted an improvement in that regard and then some tweaks

You can literally do this with mods. Stop being a useless sack of shit.
>>
File: 1386569146803.jpg (44 KB, 301x263) Image search: [Google]
1386569146803.jpg
44 KB, 301x263
I couldn't bring myself to care about the world's most overrated JRPG, so I just fucking feel smug seeing butthurt
>>
>>319279748
>No, that's what a REMASTER does.
You dont know what a remaster is.

Or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>319279640
>This is pandering to shitty new audiences, not actual fans.
Says the "actual fan" who can't play the game because it's "ugly".
>>
>new combat system

Good.

>storyline changes

Eh, could be okay, as long as Genesis isn't involved in any way shape or form. Could be a nice way to give the cast more development.

>episodic

D R O P P E D

FUCK

YOU BLEW IT SQUARE-ENIX

I WISH I COULD GO BACK AND TIME AND BLOW UP TELLTALE BEFORE THEY MADE TWD AND POPULARIZED THIS EPISODIC HORSESHIT

JUST ANOTHER WAY FOR DEVELOPERS/PUBLISHERS TO BE LAZY AND JEW THE CONSUMER

GODDAMN THIS IS BULLSHIT
>>
>>319279812
You don't. Remasters are just that, a rerelease with prettier graphics. Why would you REMAKE something if you want to make everything exactly as it was, only prettier?
>>
>>319279814
I can play the game.
But I want to play the game in a much prettier way.
FF7 was a fine game and it didnt need much of a change outside of its disgusting 3d models.

Or are you actually trying to claim here that FF7 isnt fucking ugly?
>>
>>319279640
>A remake should also keep the original gameplay intact.
>This is pandering to shitty new audiences, not actual fans.
You're just another entitled piece of human garbage, a drop in the bucket alongside the numerous other entitled shits that think this should be made to your specifications..
>>
>>319279878
>Remasters are just that, a rerelease with prettier graphics.
Yeah. Do you think that they could rerelease the original PS1 final fantasy 7 by slapping HD resolutions on it?

You literally dont understand what makes a remake a remake. Remake doesnt mean genre shifting game rape.
>>
>>319279908
top shitpost.
>>
>>319279815
>Eh, could be okay, as long as Genesis isn't involved in any way shape or form
God, this. If Gackt shows his ugly face I'm dropping the game with no remorse, and I'm pretty positive for it as is.

>>319279881
It IS ugly, but check this: I don't care. Because I enjoyed the game for what it was. If I want to replay FF7, I replay FF7, and maybe I mod it a little so I can get nicer graphics without crying that when a company decides to remake a game, they don't just fucking relaunch it with added visuals that fucking mods did over a decade ago.

>>319279958
>Yeah. Do you think that they could rerelease the original PS1 final fantasy 7 by slapping HD resolutions on it?
Then I guess the FFVII mods that improve models and textures are a "remake".
>>
>>319279958
Actually they did sorta do that. The PS4 version is literally the PC version but with filtered backgrounds so they don't look all nastily pixelated. Unfortunately the lack of shaded shadows in battle, and the character models on the map being a bit too bright, sorta don't help things. And with the higher resolution rendering, I can literally see the segments of the models.

Kinda wished Square-Enix wasn't as lazy as they usually are with this sort of stuff, a few minor touch-ups besides filters on backgrounds (that don't carry over into FMVs) and fixing the soundmixing could've gone a long way.
>>
>>319280069
>Then I guess the FFVII mods that improve models and textures are a "remake".
You are literally clueless about what defines a remake.
>>
ITT:

people who have been asking for a straight up port of FF7, more or less, but with brand spanking new out the oven graphics engine and a slew of additional content. admittedly a little redundant, but hey.

people who think playing the same thing over is dumb. okay. but then they want the same thing just stinkier year after year instead of some fucking OC for once.

people who didn't ask for this in the first place at all, and never wanted it, and are just confused because the world was supposed to keep getting brighter.
>>
>all these people getting shitty and saying the game isnt for ACTUAL FANS

Bet you fags didn't even play dirge of cerebus
>>
>>319270540
Same as always, it's an unnecessary dumb thing to please the worst part of the Final Fantasy fanbase
>>
Episodic releases bothers me, but I'm fine with storyline and gameplay changes. I already finished FFVII twice 10 years apart, don't need to do it again.
>>
>>319280172
You're arguing that the game would be a remake if they only made it look better. The mods do that, improving the character models even. Guess that's a remake.
>>
>>319280157
Yeah the PC version is pretty much a remaster of the old PC version.

Definitely not a remake.
Its generally pretty lame. That approach just doesnt work with PS1 games, especially with one like FF7.
Only thing worth keeping from that is the prerendered backgrounds, but even those are low res as fuck.
>>
>>319280223
I played Dirge of Cerberus and it made me discover a new sense of self-loathing for wondering why I persisted to the end. And why Square-Enix tore out the online mode and all of its plot, and turned a few of the missions into bonus challenges overseas.
>>
I never played 7 before really

This will be my first time
>>
>>319280236
If the best part is the autists who want to replay it for the twentieth time except they can't because it looks like a 1995 game, then I don't want to imagine what the worst must be like.
>>
>>319280261
>You're arguing that the game would be a remake if they only made it look better.
No. I have never argued that you fucking retard.

A remake is when a game gets remade from the ground up.
No uptouching, no modding, no higher resolution rendering.
Its when developers take a look at the original game, start from scratch and then try to recreate it.
Thats a remake.
FFX HD is a remaster. REmake is a remake.
>>
>>319280360
Fair enough, then WHY in the fucking hell would you want them to remake it from the ground up while changing nothing except the visuals, which can be accomplished via simple modding?

This is why you're not the CEO of a world-class game developer studio/publisher, anon.
>>
>>319280360
Other examples of remakes are Tomb Raider Anniversary, the PSP version of the first Lunar game (kinda-sorta???), Final Fantasy 4, and Sword of Mana (a remake for the first Final Fantasy Adventure).

Lunar and FF4 kept the same core game but heavily reworked everything around them. Tomb Raider and Sword of Mana might as well of been entirely new games with the story of the original as a loose basis at heart.
>>
Im fucking heartbroken man. What happend to final fantasy? Why square? How could you?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
>>319280487
>which can be accomplished via simple modding?
Yeah I bet modders would manage to make FF7 PC look like this remake.

Look at the amazing job they did so far.

And yeah, SE are definitely known for their top tier decisions you corporate dicksucking nigger.
>>
>>319280601
Because this isn't Squaresoft, and Sakaguchi hasn't been in the company for over a decade. Blame the Spirits Within for ultimately forcing the merger with Enix and starting this slow but steady decline over the years.
>>
>>319280504
>Lunar and FF4 kept the same core game but heavily reworked everything around them.
And were shit for them. What about the FF6 remake? It's literally worse than the SNES version. This is what you people want.

>>319280678
>FF7 PC look like this remake.
Why does it have to? As long as they make them passable, isn't it fine? Do you really need the HIGHLY REALISTIC LAST GEN VISUALS to enjoy a 20-year old game?
>>
File: COU2B62U8AAxPb_.jpg (57 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
COU2B62U8AAxPb_.jpg
57 KB, 600x656
>>319280763
You put a lot of time into your shitposts. Cant say you put a lot of effort into them, but this is the part where it stops.
>>
>>319280678
There's a reason why I just used full-body character models on the map that didn't do some stylistic bullshit changes, and used higher-quality models in battle that followed the same guidelines.

I get that modding will always have shit, but some of the crap I've seen for FF7PC is downright Deviantart tiers of baffling.
>>
>>319280680
Its a shame too because that movie actually wasn't completely awful. Out of all the shitty video game movies the spirits within is hardly the worst.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (77 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
77 KB, 384x313
Do we actually know of any storyline changes or is it pure speculation and shitposting?

I mean, presumably this game in whatever form it is isn't coming out for a long ass time anyway. Fuck, I don't even know when FFXV is coming out
>>
>>319280840
Its terrible. But making FF7 look better isnt an easy feat in general.

Almost all enemies look like crap in this, and the NPC models would all need an overhaul too.

I mean, look at Palmer. He literally falls apart while laughing.
>>
>>319280861
It's not that it's terrible, although I haven't watched it since it came out so I can't say I have trustworthy memory. But it wasn't Final Fantasy whatsoever, and they shouldn't of put all their budget, time and effort into this CGI movie complete with absolute fucktons of money on advertising to the point that the protagonist was on magazines in fucking bikinis, and then branded it with the Final Fantasy title for the sake of marketing ontop of that.

As much as I hate that it ever happened in the first place, Squaresoft spelled their own demise by deciding a bunch of game devs that went to the top of the Japanese gaming industry could make and sustain a full movie like that.
>>
>>319280890
Interviews said that they want to add some stuff and that some things will be changed.

But its mostly vague stuff.
At this point we just gotta hope for the best and expect the worst.
>>
>>319280890
It's speculation and shitposting.
>>
Final Fantasy 7 I: Stratocumulus
Final Fantasy 7 II: Altocumulus castellanus
Final Fantasy 7 III: Cirrocumulus
Final Fantasy 7 IV: Nimbostratus
Final Fantasy 7 V: Noctilucent
>>
>>319270540
It completely breaks the way games are meant to be played, from start to finish
>>
>>319273365
you are still expecting an overworld? anon, don't be naive
>>
>>319270540
I'm just surprised to see that Ned owns a firearm, or at the very least knows how to assemble one.
>>
File: Absolutely Haram.png (263 KB, 498x442) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Haram.png
263 KB, 498x442
>Episodic releases
I honestly didn't know that it was so bad

I would feel sorry for them, but they'll probably eat it up, even though the developers are blatantly lying to the fans about it.
>>
>>319274375
last episode of breaking bad
>>
>all they had to do was update the graphics
>people would have still bought it
>3D combat
>episodic
Truly a baffling company. Its beyond words at this point
>>
>>319281531
Both Ned and Skinner are only surface level pansies.

They pull this sort of shit for comedic effect.
>>
>>319276195
i swear if they bring anything from crisis core over, SEHQ is gonna burn
>>
>>319270540
I feel wonderful. This is a good thing unilaterally.
>>
Im just curious what they are gonna do with aerith dieing. Its basically the rosebud of videogames at this point. I wouldnt be surprised if they added a way to save her somehow.
>>
>>319280321
pick up a goddamn ps1,2,3,4 or a pc and play the OG version you double nigger
>>
File: 1411187268269.gif (1000 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
1411187268269.gif
1000 KB, 500x525
>episodic
Good that means it will probably have just as much content if not more
If this has at least 100 hours I would be fine to buy 3 disks
>>
>>319281308
the fuck? having a stroke there? what language is this even supposed to be? pseudo-latin?
>>
File: 1449197465188.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1449197465188.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>Story line changes
I fucking hope they get rid of Cross dressing
If that shit gets in then Faggots will be "BEST GAME EVER, I WANT TO EAT CLOUDS BOIPUS" or "This is offensive to the homosexual Agenda, If you like this game you're a rapist"
Fucking gays
>>
>>319282049
and paid 4x as much. hooray
>>
>>319282173
Dont let gays ruin shit like that for you.
Its how you give them power.
>>
>>319282023
gonna be dlc
>>
>>319282186
As long as its good, Im willing to dump my wallet
>>
>>319270540
It's the last FF game Squeenix will ever make, of course they are going to milk it as much as they can.
>>
>>319282243
But they're really good at it
>>
>>319282298
congrats, you are SE target audience. people with more money than standarts.
>>
>>319282140
I think they're clouds
>>
>>319282173
>>319282243
we gays dont give a shit either way and dont confuse us for the 15-year old Tumblr whales "speaking for us" whom we actually fucking hate.
>>
>>319282493
shut up faggot
>>
>>319282486
fuck you're right. should've paid attention in geography back then.
>>
>>319270540
It's completely ruined but I don't care too much because I'm not a big fan anyways. Anyone who buys games with episodic releases needs to fuck right off. If there is anything that you can call "the cancer killing video games" it's that.
>>
>>319282651
this. i seriously hope for a pc release, so i can pirate that shit
>>
>>319271295
>yfw Kingdom Hearts could be like this
Jesus Christ anon, now I'm really fucking scared. I hope the FF7 remake is a massive flop and no one buys it, I don't want them to ruin Kingdom Hearts.
>>
I don't give a shit, FFVII is the most overrated game ever.
>>
>>319282537
Suck my cock, dude.
>>
>>319273490
SAVAGE
>>
>>319271475
>Everythingisfire.gif
>>
>>319282493
No
I can practicly feel the words "Yaass" Coming out just thinking about it
>>
>>319280069

Gackt no longer allows SE to use his likeness. So if Genesis does show he'll have to have a mask or something.

And let's be honest Genesis will show up, he's like Nomura's favorite character.
>>
>>319270540
>episodic
not interested until i can just get the whole thing in one package for £20 on a steam sale (or g2a w/e)
>>
>>319283771
They can simply give him a new face you know. Just like Capcom has been doing with Jill since forever.
>>
>>319273160
>>319274463
I don't get why people praised Crisis Core so much since release. I tried it and I really didn't enjoy it at all. I'm not alone, am I?
>>
>>319273856
I'm not sure here either, but I think it might've been mentioned in the making of AC or something? There was something mentioned about how they wanted to do something short but it just got bigger and bigger over time until it became AC?
>>
>>319271295
Well I hope it's more like how FF13 did it p, since they said it got different story line know.
Maybe it just different game with same characters
But the damn EP better be long
>>
Regardless they better let Jessi alive this time
>>
I'm just waiting for the new Tifa. Tifa is probably the only character that gets porn after all these years without appearing in a new game, but this will triple the porn production for years
>>
>>319270540
its ff7. who cares? thats as generic as you can get when it comes to jrpgs.
>>
Midgar is the only good part of Final Fantasy VII, so episodic is a great thing. Means I might not have to buy more than 1 episode.

If storyline changes means we can now start spoiling shit with Aerith lives instead of Aeris dies, that would be great too.
>>
>>319276152
I have a flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvc9_GDoWI4
>>
>>319270540
Something tells me they're gonna make Cloud go full Donte on us just to please the whole edgy image the fanbase painted him as between the release of the game and the supplemental shit.

In other words, no snowboarding minigame 5 minutes after Aerith dies, and Cloud is now dead serious all the time despite actually having a sense of humor in the original game.

But we'll see. Won't think for a second that the FF7 plot will be changed for the better, though.
>>
>>319281531
It was a dream from when he hates Homer
>>
>>319285073
>>319282768
aren't you special little snowflakes? you should fuck. you probably already are, since not-so-subtle samefag
>>
>>319284293
CC is shit. shits on the original story and characters. and introduces "modern" nomura characters to the ff7 universe. which is the worst sin he ever commited
>>
>>319286335
well at least they could give us a proper translation this time. i still have no idea what the fuck they party was talking about before decending to jenova in north crater. you now, the whole let's mosey conversation
>>
Ahaha, I love seeing dreams get destroyed.

Ahaha eat shit ya fucking weeaboos.
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.