[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I read this article and thought that this sounded like a bit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2015-12-07-00-43-40.png (209 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-07-00-43-40.png
209 KB, 480x800
So I read this article and thought that this sounded like a bit of fun.
I've always enjoyed changing up the "rules" of a game to make it feel different every time.

Like doing a Nuzlocke in pokemon, or a specific build in Skyrim etc.

What special rules or challenges has /v/ played their favorite games with.
>>
I've done a pacifism run on Dishonored and Thief. It was ok.
>>
>>319259682
I'm planning to do the "make my own mods, run" to get better at 3d.
>>
>>319259682
Nuzlocke is the dumbest fucking "ruleset" ever because it does nothing except encourage a lot of griniding.

If you want to have fun with pokemon, play with double or triple the amount of "regulars", and keep them evenly leveled by switching them out. This guarantees you'll be lower level than you'd normally be, and makes the fights a lot harder and tense. Of course, no grinding allowed in this mode.
>>
How the fuck could you not leave sanctuary you would run out of materiels and if you aren't braindead you'd be bored in 15 minutes
>>
>>319261882
It encourages you to use other pokemon and actually makes blacking out have serious consequences.
>>
>>319261882
Years a go , I did a mewtwo only run on gold by using a copy of pkm stadium and a level 1 mewtwo from red
>>
>>319262028
Sure, but in practice that means you end up grinding tons because you're training new pokemon all the time, and moreover the more you grind, the less likely you are to lose and thus black out. It encourages the least fun aspect of pokemon.
>>
>>319261932
Yeah, sounds like bullshit to me.
>>
>>319259682
>There's an easy-to-miss root cellar in Sanctuary behind one of the houses, and it contains an advanced safe, a first-aid container, a toolbox, and a wooden crate. Since loot spawns when you enter a new area, and loot is randomized, there might be a chance of the crate spawning a microscope or camera (I'm not skilled enough to pick the safe's lock, and probably won't be for some time). If I save before I enter the cellar, and then reload that save and enter again, maybe one of those crystal-bearing items will turn up eventually.
>I do this for, like, twenty solid minutes. Entering, checking the crate, then reloading and repeating, and while I see a variety of medical and junk items appear in the crate I never roll a camera or microscope. I'm about to give up on the entire endeavor and spend my time on a less stupid activity, when something interesting does finally appear in the box: a crystal liquor decanter.

Okay this guy is a fucking retard, if you're gonna savescum for that why not just give yourself some fucking items via console?
>>
>>319261932
Unless you're locked out of blueprints for shit:
>Build power generator
>Build recruitment beacon
>Build scav stations, assign settlers to scavving
>Wait

I think Carla shows up eventually too.
>>
>>319262280
Only if you're not allowed to use items in battle.
>>
>>319262750

savescumming is canon because of CHIM, using console commands is not
>>
>>319259960

You're supposed to be a pacific in Dishonored, that's hardly special rules.
>>
>>319262904
Console commands, mods and cheats are CHIM as well you nerd.
>>
>>319262904
The dev console is CHIM.
>>
>>319262995
>pacific
>>
>>319263104
C'mon anon surely you know that the act of being passive is being pacific.
>>
File: Shock2 2012-09-27 15-37-06-62.jpg (110 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shock2 2012-09-27 15-37-06-62.jpg
110 KB, 1920x1080
Wrench only System Shock 2
Wrench only Bioshock
Drill only Bioshock 2
>>
I need to do something on my run because I feel fucking stuck, and its really making me not want to continue.

Any suggestions? I run a guy who steals everything that isn't nailed to the ground to give to poor settlements.
>>
>>319262904
This is fallout not elder scrolls
>>
File: CHIM.png (184 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
CHIM.png
184 KB, 1200x700
>>319262904
>>319263007
>>319263047
CHIM isn't console commands. It isn't being the player either.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.