[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starsector
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: hound_base.png (10 KB, 62x72) Image search: [Google]
hound_base.png
10 KB, 62x72
Haha, you want to start a new game? Here you go, have a piece of shit!

What's that? The game is too hard? Let me nerf the enemy ships so the starter ships can beat them! Haha

Mid game too easy once you get a decent ship to beat the pieces of garbage? Let me nerf the starter ship which has nothing to do with this haha

What? You would rather start with something that isn't a piece of shit? nah, just start with the piece of shit and deal with the game being absurdly easy once you get something that isn't shit!

btw, let me make boarding impossible and have your thirty heavily armored and armed marines die to five naked sailors. OH, and everyone hates you for no reason once you become somewhat successful. This means you now fight enemies other than the weaklings! haha

Why is the developer for this game so fucking retarded?
>>
how much is the game right now, is it worth buying
>>
>>319255249
15 dollarydoos. Like all unfinished "lol, there's going to be more, seriously!" games, no. It is not worth sinking money into.

The mods are very often more balanced and more feature complete experiences than the core game, which speaks volumes about how retarded the dev is. Lately, he's been stripping core gameplay features and replacing them with nonsensical AI, market and faction behavior as if to prove that everything successful about the game has been entirely by accident.
>>
>>319254250
Get good faggot
>>
Uranus Dickerson
>>
>>319256315
great. I pirated it back when it was called Starfarer. Guess I'll do the same now
>>
>>319256349
When purchasing pretty much any ship immediately makes you fucking invincible, there issue is not player "skill" as much as the tools being subpar. As a note, like half of the random ships that you get when respawning are better than the starter ships.

So, immediately killing yourself at the start is a viable way to play the game.

Excellent game design!
>>
>>319256315
Except it's been for sale since 2012 and it's gotten updates the entire time. Like always, if you think the game as-is is worth the price tag, it's no different than buying a released game.

>>319256653
Hopefully you won't tell the dev to his face that you pirated it. It's happened a few times. Today.

>>319257172
The starting ship choice is retarded, but not because it's a bad ship (Wolf-class, I'm assuming, since you're actually getting into fights). It's because the starter ship is really hard to use unless you've been playing for a long time, which is exactly the opposite of what you want for your first ship. A Lasher would be a far better choice of combat starter.
>>
>>319257172
>When purchasing pretty much any ship immediately makes you fucking invincible,

you playing on easy or are you just fighting pirate fleets forever? part of a sandbox game is looking for challenges actively

btw half of the shit in the op was nigh instantly adressed by the dev
>>
>>319257520
>Hopefully you won't tell the dev to his face that you pirated it. It's happened a few times. Today.
Need links or screencaps, for amusement purposes.
>>
>>319257520
>Hopefully you won't tell the dev to his face that you pirated it.
of course I'm not going to do that, I'm not telling him anything at all.
>>
>>319257663
Mang, a shuttle with triple tac lasers fucking kills shit better than the starter junk. Of course, a wolf with triple tac lasers also kills everything forever.

Anything with multiple tac lasers kills everything forever.
>>
>>319257936
If you're starting out and pick bounty hunter you literally get handed a wolf

The others are trap options which I agree is shit and needs to get fixed

Anyway if you're good wolf will easily get you out of the early game
>>
Pick wolf, swap out for harpoons, graviton medium and 3 tac smalls, win forever.
>>
>>319258059
I'm mostly complaining about the weak loadout the wolf had, the other two options being terrible and the constant pirate nerfs that make them a fucking joke. And only because the idiot is obsessed with balancing them around the trap options, which makes them completely useless as enemies (and their ships clogging the market, useless for the player) as soon as you get anything else.
>>
>>319258205
Heavy blaster wolf forever, gtfo laser untermensch
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.