[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm generally not very good at video games (though I love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 81dW0SiAn1L._SL1500_.jpg (276 KB, 1063x1500) Image search: [Google]
81dW0SiAn1L._SL1500_.jpg
276 KB, 1063x1500
I'm generally not very good at video games (though I love them so). Will I be able to have fun with pic related? Is there a difficulty selector?
>>
>>319246275
>Difficulty selector
Yes. Best way to play is a mix of stealth and NUCLEAR.
>>
MGS games prior to V don't actually have much gameplay so you're good.

They're cuhrazee stealth games, not actual stealth games like Splinter Cell or Thief.

Just grab some popcorn and prepare to have your time wasted.
>>
>>319246494
>NUCLEAR
pls explain
>>
>>319246275
Controls are fucking bad. until you get used to them, you might have fun
>>
>>319246835
Not him but, try to to be stealthy and tranq people, but when your caught go full out with everything you have. Also seriously recommend you play 1 before these or else everything will be a mishmash.
>>
>>319246275
DSP did it, you can, too.
>>
MGS 2 and 3 have multiple difficulty options and are generally pretty easy on normal or lower. Even if these are your first stealth games they shouldn't be that bad.

Peace walker isn't that difficult, although there are no difficulty options because of multiplayer. The only challenging thing might be some of the later bosses which aren't balanced for singleplayer and have a ton of health.
>>
>>319246275
>>319247901
Forgot to mention but play 1 first if you haven't already.
>>
MGS2 is hard, the fucked up controls and tense mood always leave the nerves in my arms shot if I play for more than one hour.

I'd recommend normal, but hard will make you feel like a real spy.
>>
>tfw nobody has yelled at me to just "git gud"

you guys are the best
>>
>>319248164
The git gud faggots are the whiny veterans of the series that just want to make themselves feel better.
>>
You really shouldn't skip MGS 1, at the very least.
>>
>>319248164
git a ps2 and mgs1 for it, you don't wanna miss it gud
>>
I started HD collection first and genuinely regret not starting with MGS1, it's easily the most complete experience in the series.
>>
I read somewhere that in order to understand the story in MGS V you only need to play 3 and PW. Which is why I'm tempted to just play those to get them out of the way before jumping into Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain.
>>
>>319251436
Technically, you can get by with that. But those games also call forward to MGS 1/2/4, with references that don't make sense unless you actually play those games. So if you can, try them.

In a related thought, playing any of the basic MGS games after spending hours with TPP feels weird. It's hard to return back to pre-Fox Engine gameplay.
>>
i have the PS3 version, but i've only played PW and 3. because i'm playing the serioes again chronologically for GZ and PP. is MGS2 the subsistance version? will i get to play as snake and have the skateboarding mode as well?
>>
>>319248138
>fucked up controls
I've never understood this complaint and probably never will.
>>
>>319252895
>It's hard to return back to pre-Fox Engine gameplay.
I don't think so. Fox Engine gameplay isn't that special anyway, though it maybe could have been.
>>
>>319250401
Or alternatively just buy MGS from PSN if you have the HD collection for PS3 and just used the 360 version because it was the first one that came up on Google.
>>
They're not too hard OP.

Make sure you start with MGS1 though, playing through all the MGS games is a journey well worth it. Plus the early games are better than PW and MGSV.
>>
>>319255247
Also get them on PS3 if possible. The 360 doesn't have pressure sensitive face buttons on it's controller, so I have no fucking idea how the controls for 2/3 would work.
>>
>>319255371
I played through them on 360 and honestly I didn't even notice the difference. Then again, I pretty much just tranq darted everyone unless I was going for achievements.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.