[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Western game >The final boss fight is a QTE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: 1418811201611.png (169 KB, 450x381) Image search: [Google]
1418811201611.png
169 KB, 450x381
>Western game
>The final boss fight is a QTE
>>
Bosses are too video gamey.
>>
>press (gamepad button) to advance cinematic cutscene
>>
File: dying light final boss.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
dying light final boss.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>western game
>has actual enemies and bosses in normal gameplay
>final boss is a qte
>>
>>319220968
Asura's Wrath is a western game now?
>>
File: 1381790135600.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1381790135600.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>319220968
>Japanese game
>The final boss fight is a qt3.14
>>
>frogposters in charge of finding a video game image to start their shitposting with
>>
>>319222780

sort of like the krauser fight in re4 with lazy modeling and no A grade camera angles
>>
>>319220968
>JRPG
>final boss is God
>>
>>319220968
>Japanese game
>The final boss is a QTE
>it becomes a treasured gem to neckbeards everywhere
>>
File: Freddie-Mercury-mm01.jpg (35 KB, 445x634) Image search: [Google]
Freddie-Mercury-mm01.jpg
35 KB, 445x634
>japanese game
>the final boss is a damage sponge
>>
You know how modern devs do a lot of focus testing and tracking overall completion rates of all their games? Turns out that most people stop playing at boss fights. Modern casual gamers just give up and don't finish the game after dying 4+ times. It's the same deal with puzzles. If the player can't solve it within 5 minutes then too many people will put the game down and not finish it.

So in order to make sure as many people as possible finish their games they remove as many roadblocks as they can. They remove boss fights and puzzles, they give players generous autosaves and make sure every fight is tuned so precisely a potato can get through it.

This is doubly true for the final boss. Afterall, they already "finished" the game, so why not reward them with a sick cutscene that doesn't require a lot of thought or input? They just fought their way through the hardest part of the game afterall.

This is all done to make sure as many players as possible get to experience the epic storyline. And no, this isn't done because dev's think they have made a quality story and that they want everyone to see it. It is done because when it's time for the sequel 2-3 years down the road there's a lot of players invested into seeing what happens next. This is also why a lot of publishing houses make authors write trilogies: they can charge 3x the price for the same story the author wrote and it's not as daunting for newcomers to stare down a list of a dozen books and have no idea where to start.

This is also why devs tend to remove numbers from a franchise title once they get into the 4-5 region. They wouldn't want players to think that they need to actually play the other games to enjoy the new one. Remember folks, Mass Effect 3 is the best time to enter the franchise.

It's all about building franchises and maximizing sales potential.

Japan largely has an entirely different attitude about gaming and that's why all the most unique and fresh games come from them
>>
>>319220968
>playing western games ever
As of today I can count a grand total of two western series I enjoyed, excluding the Retro and Rare stuff, which is hybrid
>>
>>319225236
tl;dr
>>
File: 101.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>Japanese game
>The final boss fight is a QTE
>>
Didn't the Japs literally invent QTEs with Shenmue?
>>
File: 81ImBWRZ5dL._SL1500_.jpg (272 KB, 1008x1500) Image search: [Google]
81ImBWRZ5dL._SL1500_.jpg
272 KB, 1008x1500
>german game
>the final boss is a bag of trash
>>
>>319222880
>>319226197
Having QTE's =/= Being only a QTE. It's not like it Shadow of Mordon's Sauron or this: >>319222780
>>
>>319226197
>>319226536

It's okay when Nintendo does it
>>
>>319226716
>swedish game
>final boss is a swedish woman that you have to weaken so that your somalian friend can rape her
>>
>>319225236
i was about to make some arguments against you but all the games i could think of are Japanese.
>>
File: perfection 10:10.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
perfection 10:10.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>western game
>doesn't let me pose or taunt
>>
>post with anime image
>its a shitpost
>>
>western game
>there isn't even a final boss
>just a QTE sequence where you have to turn something off or on then you die
>>
>eastern game
>the final boss is a QT
>>
>>319220968
>Eastern cartoon
>The main protag is a QT
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.