[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They should return to the WWII genre again in the CoD series.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: cod2.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
cod2.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
They should return to the WWII genre again in the CoD series. Would be epic.

I quit after part 2, but recently picked it up again, what would you recommend to play these days that is similar in style?
>>
>>319220040
>they should reskin this shitty old tired formula that everyone is already sick of back to World War Two!
>I mean yeah sure it would still be the same shitty old tired game that has already been re-released a dozen times but NOW I GET TO SHOOT GERMANS AGAIN INSTEAD OF RUSSIANS!

Brilliant. Why not.
>>
>>319220040
Enemy Front
>>
>>319220726
too bad its shit
>>
>>319220726
never heard of it but thx

any other games? I like the no frills action in CoD2
>>
>>319220040
Why don't they try to visit other eras of History ?

Like, I don't know, a FPS in WW1. Or in Napoleonic era.
>>
>>319221587
yeah that would be great too, would love to play some WW1 game in a CoD style

I like the WWII vibe though, so wouldn't mind playing those type of games (in Hollywood they still make WWII movies every year, but games have stalled seems like).
>>
>>319221587
>Napoleonic era.
Yeah because standing still in a square formation firing off in a volley every 20 seconds with your shitty 0 accuracy cannon at some other sqare formation that the AI/scripted even chose for you to aim at sure seems exciting.
>>
>>319220040
>The WW2 FPS genre is completely exhausted! Literally everything has been tried and done to death!!

Lolno. WW2 FPS's with RPG elements could be explored. Also, no developer has had the BALLS to make an FPS with a proper German story campaign. Red Orchestra was a step in the right direction, but still, a full German campaign, with an actual story and character development is needed.

Multiple campaigns, with various points of view, would be awesome. Think Dynasty Warriors 7 story mode, but as a WW2 FPS with RPG elements, and an open world-ish concept (Kinda like MGS5; 3 or 4 huge scenarios to do missions in).
>>
>>319221587
Nobody would buy a COD in those eras. It'd be fun, sure, but big corporations aren't going to lose money over a fun idea. You can still market WWII because of the similarities to modern combat. Everything prior is too different and can't be marketed to the Cheeto-stained fingers of COD's target audience
>>
>>319221021
I disagree, I think its a bit of a gem

>>319222205
see Mount and Blade modding for proof that line warfare in first person is indeed exciting
>>
no give cod a break maybe turn it into a fast paced fps

come up with a new thing with it
>>
>>319221587
If they did like an Apocalypse Now-inspired Vietnam game with beautiful lush visuals and more emotion, I might actually consider playing it
>>
File: kek.jpg (50 KB, 427x512) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
50 KB, 427x512
>>319222437
>mountain blade mods
>in any way an accurate depiction of napoleonic warfare

Ahaha. That was good, anon.

Alright it's after midnight and I have a programming assignment to turn in tomorrow. Goodnight. Thanks for the pre-sleep chuckles.
>>
>>319222345
totally agree.

Reminds me of Homeland. In the beginning you didn't know which side Brody was on. It would be the most interesting show if they for once tried something different and have an anti-US perspective. Yes too bad, we also must deal with the propaganda in games.

Too bad they would never allow this idea
>>
>>319222345
This, They should make WWII game where you play as a German Soldier, and ends with you trying to flee from Berlin or something.
>>
Just re-play WaW and get it out of your system.
Or play the superior RO2.
>>
medal of honour airborne is underrated go play it
>>
File: 1409017421284.jpg (283 KB, 530x742) Image search: [Google]
1409017421284.jpg
283 KB, 530x742
>>319220040
Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 is really good, just play that OP. Support smaller developers actually doing the things you want, instead of forking over money to cunts who would only run it into the ground.
>>
>>319220040

I'd like them to do a AAA WW1 FPS

They all seem to be dogfighters

On the other hand, you'd stay in one trench for days and days
>>
>>319222821
>asking for accuracy
>from war video games
>or visual media in general

look cocksucker, COD doesn't portray realistic WW2 combat at all. Congrats on the revelation
>>
>>319225568

But still, doing creeping barrages and other early combined arms tactics in those hellish landscapes would be spectacular
>>
I'd love to see the Italians, Japanese, and other less well known factions and theatres of the war being featured. Red orchestra 1 mods do this but an updated game would be great. Also why not try the Spanish civil war? I remember seeing a cod waw mod for it. Would be nice to have in a legit release.
>>
>>319220040
>Same boring maps, same boring locations, same boring fights

Red Orchestra had the right idea being in the east front and letting you play both Russians and Germans
It goes without saying that the east was easily the most brutal mess of the war and there's a well of untapped potential there, but sadly the only games that cover it prefer to do mock remakes of movie scenes like enemy at the gates instead of something original

Where's my Kursk? Where's my battle of Moscow? Where's my finnish Winter War tutorial campaign? There's more battles than just Stalingrad ffs
>>
>>319225568
>>319226019
Check out Verdun. It's surprisingly good.
>>
>>319226613
Finland would be a fantastic setting for a game.
>>
File: 14409182058912.jpg (153 KB, 522x744) Image search: [Google]
14409182058912.jpg
153 KB, 522x744
>>319226613
>Where's my finnish Winter War tutorial campaign
>muh first person shooter
>>
>>319227260
Looks exactly like Blitzkrieg
I might check it out then
>>
>>319226779
Its really not.
>>
>>319228089
>it's surprisingly good for some unknown devs first shot

Fine then
>>
>>319228779
even then
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.