[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think this is going to happen for real, guys. What the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: FKKPQk9.jpg (158 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
FKKPQk9.jpg
158 KB, 1136x640
I think this is going to happen for real, guys. What the fuck could top Cloud and still be relevant, earth shattering news? Definitely not K. Rool or Wolf or even Inkling. I don't even think Snake coming back would be that big.

Also, a lot of the Youtube channels I follow have suddenly started posting Banjo-Kazooie retrospectives. Tinfoil hat, I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were people in the community who were in the know that this is actually happening.
>>
>>319215786
>Also, a lot of the Youtube channels I follow have suddenly started posting Banjo-Kazooie retrospectives.

Post 5 examples.
>>
This would not be as relevant or earth shattering as Clouds reveal for Smash.
>>
>>319216858
yes it would.
it'll be nintendo doing bussiness with microsoft for a character everyone has wanted since 64.

the only thing close would be geno or goku, cloud was simply unlikelly to happen, but banjo is "literally never ever" tier.
>>
it's just gonna be the ballot characters mang
>>
>>319217414
I feel like people cling to the ballot too much.

Like, they probably had all this DLC plan ahead of time. They're most likely just using the ballot as some research and reference for future Smash games. I highly doubt they're taking it actually fully serious for Smash 4's DLC.
>>
>>319217414
Banjo was top 5 on the ballot
>>
>>319217878
Lol, nah. Source?
>>
>What the fuck could top cloud

A resident evil protag.
>>
>>319217934
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dLg5kOrbPSUsMaKBbKBi2p55IXtI2l26r0hU5wXofkU/edit#gid=0&vpid=A1
>>
>>319218145
>this source
>>
>>319218145
What is this shit? Where is it even from? That sure doesn't look like some Nintendo ballot.
>>
>>319218145
You know that's not the ballot results right? But one for some unrelated site.
>>
>>319218145
So then the next three DLC characters are going to be Isaac, K. Rool, and Snake, and Banjo just misses by a single spot? Good shit.

Awful source, too.
>>
>>319217878
>Implying more than half of the Sm4sh userbase
even know Banjo.
>>
Nobody is going to get more hype than Cloud. But before his announcement data miners said there were 3 empty character slots. After Cloud that leaves 2. I bet 1 of them is another already planned DLC and the other is the Smash Ballot victor. I doubt Banjo will make it just because he and Duckhunt would be too similar.
>>
File: N64 Poll.png (64 KB, 545x209) Image search: [Google]
N64 Poll.png
64 KB, 545x209
>>319217934
he actually was top 10 in the original N64 Ballot they did
But that was a long time ago and he's obviously lost a lot of relevancy since then
>>
File: 1416321891943.gif (1024 KB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
1416321891943.gif
1024 KB, 184x141
>>319218316
>>319218320
>>319218325
>>319218431
>>319218573

Sorry your meme character didn't chart higher.
Maybe they'll add another new pokemon for you kids somewhere down the line.
>>
Venom Snake: Goes Nuclear!
>>
>>319218007
>started on PS1
>last 5+ games were on every console besides Nintendo consoles
>no one cares about the series anymore

At least Banjo started as Nintendo, had his 2 biggest games on Nintendo, and has been one of the most requested characters since Melee. Add to that the shock of Nintendo getting in bed with Microsoft, and I think we have a winner.
>>
>>319218907
Nice try Microsoft, go shill somewhere else.
>>
>>319218907
Dude, your poll only had 34 votes for it's top character. That's not nearly large enough of a sample size to get any sort of a good indication.

Here's reddit's poll of more people but still not enough:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3i2gq9/smash_ballot_results_are_here_for_the_smash_bros/
>>
>>319218907
Your meme character didn't even reach the top 3 threshold in some random poll, nigger

You don't get to criticize
>>
>>319215786
>What the fuck could top Cloud and still be relevant, earth shattering news?
Nothing. Nothing can top Cloud, especially not Banjo & Kazooie.

Cloud was completely out of the blue and incredibly unexpected. None of the ballot winners will ever top Cloud, unless it's something super stupid like Goku or Spongebob
>>
>>319218807
that's fucking 16 years ago

I mean, I don't expect Shovel Knight to be anything more than a short hype in 2015 either
>>
If Banjo and King K.Rool both made it in I would buy a Wii U and a Smash Bros tomorrow

But it won't happen.
>>
People REALLY overestimate Banjo & Kazooie's popularity, sure it would be a neat addition but I certainly don't expect it unless Sakurai sleeps with a Banjo plushie.
>>
>>319215786
>relevant
Lol Banjo hasn't been relevant in years. He's not the face of anything. It's always muh Collectathons which isn't even a real genre. It's just a fancy way of saying 3D Platformer. Even then Banjo abandoned it with Nuts and Bolts.

>earth-shattering
Hardly. He can't outdo Cloud or Snake. Those came out of fucking nowhere. Faggots like you have been clamoring for Banjo since day 1 of the ballot. No ballot selection would be surprising unless literally no one voted for them and they got in anyways.
>>
Banjo Tooie is one of my 10/10 games.
>>
I don't think they're intending anybody earth-shattering on top of Cloud. Also Cloud wasn't that earth-shattering after Solid Snake anyway.
>>
Banjo is pretty popular in all the community ballot poll results I checked (/v/, reddit, tumblr, etc.). Japan doesn't care for him, naturally, but I think it's pretty safe to say that he's likely the most requested third party besides Shovel Knight and maybe Shantae. Or Snake, perhaps?
I really hope they show off the raw data they collected though, it'd be nice to see which characters truly were the most popular.
>>
A Castlevania rep would be more important/wanted than fucking Banjo.
>>
>>319221352
>but I think it's pretty safe to say that he's likely the most requested third party besides Shovel Knight and maybe Shantae. Or Snake, perhaps?
You say that but how much of the smash fanbase voted on those polls?
If the total is below 1 Mil it's totally inaccurate.
Especially when considering the newer players that don't know of these characters and the Japanese fans.
>>
>>319219249
Does anyone have that one google doc compiling all of those surveys, West and East?
>>
>>319221352
>I really hope they show off the raw data
Not happening. That's just asking for a disaster. The ballot selections are still under Sakurai's dicretion remember? He's not blindly picking the top voted. There would be nothing but assmad if a highly voted character didn't make it in. On the other end you'd get nothing but BTFO goldface shitposting for any characters and especially the frontrunners that didn't make it in.

I'm expecting Sakurai or Nintendo to show off the most convincing submissions for the winners though.
>>
>>319221991
you don't need a million people, you just need more representative samples, which these polls rarely have
>>
>>319221991
I think it's enough to be a decent representative. Most people who cared enough to make a vote in the ballot would be the same kind of people who would vote in the community polls.
There's lots of third party characters that will have received votes but I'm having a hard time thinking of any others that would have a concentrated demand. Maybe Layton or Phoenix Wright? Who else?
>>319222471
Maybe, but then again they released the data for the polls they took for the earlier games, even though popular choices didn't make it in. Granted, those were on a much smaller scale and localized entirely within Japan, but I don't think it's outlandish.
>>
>>319221352
Meme characters like Shovel Knight are probably not that popular outside polls like reddit. Most people who sent in suggestions probably have no idea who the fuck Shovel Knight (or Shantae) is and that's even without considering Japanese votes.
>>
>>319222368
>East
They didn't compile shit for Japan.
It was literally Pushdustin's Sourcegaming's editorial. You know the one based on textboard and Twitter posts or basically his ass. Why do people STILL see that as remotely credible?
>>
>>319222870
Really? Oh.

It was still a bit interesting to look at a compilation of available data just to get an impression.
>>
>>319222832
>Meme characters like Shovel Knight are probably not that popular outside polls like reddit.
Agreed. However, do you really think that normalfags cared enough to pay attention to the direct, then log on and vote? I have a feeling that most votes were coming from dedicated gamers anyways.

Granted, Nintendo is likely going to bear this in mind when they see a disproportionate amount of votes for nobodies, considering that plenty of normies seem to have bought Smash 3DS.
>>
>>319223645
I think enough casuals will have caught wind of the promotion even just from news articles without having any particular interest.
>>
We just need Rayman and Snake for 3rd party characters, who honestly gives a shit about Banjo & Kazooie anymore?
>>
File: Manager.jpg (93 KB, 433x400) Image search: [Google]
Manager.jpg
93 KB, 433x400
Why the fuck would Shovelknight join when Nintendo already has a superior option?
>>
File: 1442127075826.jpg (83 KB, 562x610) Image search: [Google]
1442127075826.jpg
83 KB, 562x610
>>319215786
>Banjo n Kazooie
>Earth Shattering

Nobody would give a shit. Only thing topping Cloud is Master Chief. Left field surprise is some CoD, Bayo, or GTA rep.
>>
File: 1449266959745.gif (278 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1449266959745.gif
278 KB, 450x450
>>319225805
i do.
>>
I'm honestly not even sure if Banjo would join a Microsoft brawler.
>>
File: masterchief.png (469 KB, 542x542) Image search: [Google]
masterchief.png
469 KB, 542x542
>>319215786
You know honestly, if Sakurai went out to include a Microsoft character, I feel like he'd include Master Chief.

Yeah I know BK is more 'associated' with Nintendo but Sakurai doesn't really seem to care about that, because otherwise we would of gotten Simon Belmont over Snake. Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are great games but they didn't really change anything. Halo on the other hand basically redefined the modern FPS as we know it. Master Chief is one of the most recognizable video game icons out there, much more so than Banjo & Kazooie at this point. Having him alongside Mario, Cloud, Sonic, Pac-Man, etc would probably draw more headlines than Banjo/Kazooie.
>>
>>319227326
>but Sakurai doesn't really seem to care about that, because otherwise we would of gotten Simon Belmont over Snake
Only if Sakurai were drinking buddies with the chief of the Halo team.
>>
File: 1448320232793.png (113 KB, 426x251) Image search: [Google]
1448320232793.png
113 KB, 426x251
>>319227326
>would of
>>
>>319227529
Well, Cloud isn't very associated with Nintendo either.
>>
>>319227821
Point taken. At the same time, Cloud has had tons of demand since third parties in Smash became a thing; Banjo also has a considerable amount of demand, especially compared to Halo (who admittedly is a pretty cool guy).

Still not likely to happen, though.
>>
>>319228156
>liking Captain King
>>
>first, ballot threads were filled with K. Roolfags gloating about being #1
>then after the costume, threads became occupied with Bandana Dee shitposting
>for some reason, those arguments stopped for a while and gave way Shovel Knight, exploded around the amiibo leak, then stopped for some reason
>then there was that one Isaacfag and the back and forth shitposting for a few minutes
>they stopped too and now Banjo is the one being circlejerked and argued

Man, browsing /v/ over the course of the ballot has been quite a trip. I'm just glad we'll finally get some closure within the month. Of course, that's what I thought when the ballot was coming to a close...

Also, is there anyone that I missed?
>>
>>319228805
Oh yeah, Daisyposting was a pretty short-lived phenomenon, but it was a thing for a while, despite being tongue-in-cheek.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.