[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict, anons? Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: Marioluigipaperjam.jpg (2 MB, 1863x1704) Image search: [Google]
Marioluigipaperjam.jpg
2 MB, 1863x1704
What's the verdict, anons? Is it any good?
>>
>>318800579
>censored Nintendo game
>good
You tell me
>>
>>318800579
Yes. But "muh neonintendo" autists won't shut up about "NSMB aesthetic".
>>
According to other threads. It's dream team again but with skipable tutorials and the ability to speed through text.
>>
Sterile

Lacks the creativity and imagination of the first 3 Paper Mario games

But hey, the Koopalings have some dialogue so it's all okay because for some reason they're relevant now.
>>
File: vH89aFb.gif (991 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
vH89aFb.gif
991 KB, 500x341
>>318800579
Haven't played or seen actual footage yet. But seeing some screenshots of cutscenes with the Peachs and hearing the music, I'm thinking it looks decent enough to give a shot.

I was one of those 'Why is it all modern mario' people though. But seeing them pull absolutely every enemy they could find into the game seems pretty badass IMO.

That and it IS two of my favorite spinoffs sort've coming together. Can't get any better.
>>
>>318800579
No
Is "NEW" shit , a little better than SS just a little better.
>>
>>318800812
Its less the "NSMB aesthetic" and more that everything in the game is reused assets, from either NSMBU, Dream Team and Sticker Star.

Many of the exported models still have the exact same materials data as they did in their previous games, such as the NSMB models have lightwraps for Underground level lighting in NSMB, even though it doesn't come about in Paper Jam.

It's less about aesthetics and more about laziness.
>>
>>318800881
>It's dream team again
>but with skipable tutorials and the ability to speed through text.

So shit, but at least quicker shit.
>>
File: 1448085100201.gif (2 MB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
1448085100201.gif
2 MB, 500x307
>>318800978
>Lacks the creativity and imagination of the first 3 Paper Mario games

It's not a Paper Mario game. It's a Mario and Luigi game.

The OST is also creative and fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Khy9HyWUt8
>>
lets see here

>no fun side characters
>no interesting characters or enemies ala sticker star
>bowser is the final boss and you have to rescue Princess Peach

Literally how can anyone be excited for this shit? This shit is nothing like Dream Team or TTYD.
>>
It's ok

It reuses a lot of assets and has no unique characters or plot devices so reeks of filler. Still fun filler.
>>
>>318801329
>creative and fantastic
>sounds like every other Yoko final boss theme
You aren't helping, nintoddler.
>>
>>318800579
It is good, but it doesn't really do anything new.
>>
File: image.png (44 KB, 637x460) Image search: [Google]
image.png
44 KB, 637x460
The story and settings are generic

Toad missions, while varied in different ways, are too numerous

Other than that, that's all the negatives

The writing and dialgoue is fantastic, the game brings Paper Mario style Humor to the already great M&L humor, the gameplay overhaul with the addition of Paper Mario is fucking great
Bosses are even harder
The bosses themselves are unique and provide a lot of variety
The interactions between enemies and their paper counterparts in general is fantastic
Despite being in tbe Mario world only, there is a lot of flexibility in who gets represented and development
King Boo for example can now morph into the Plumbers and copy their moves
Koopalings each have dialogue and interactions like how hitting Roy's rock attack at Wendy gets them to BTFO each other

All in all, it's only weak in the world and what you expect the story to be

But your gonna have fun guaranteed and it's going to be memorable, even if the game doesn't focus on cameos as a pseudo-crossover
>>
>>318801609
Sticker Star tried something new and it's shit.
Making something new isn't a good thing by default.
>>
File: wiggle me this wiggle me that.jpg (286 KB, 588x1728) Image search: [Google]
wiggle me this wiggle me that.jpg
286 KB, 588x1728
It's got possibly the hardest wiggler fight in the whole damn series so far!
>>
>>318801905
Neither is remaking the same game with a different story.
>>
File: Ryuji In Distress.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ryuji In Distress.jpg
106 KB, 1920x1080
>>318802042
That part when Paper Mario runs from Wiggler and has to time the hammer JUST RIGHT to hit enemies out of the way and doesn't escape Wiggler stomps on him multiple times and destroys all his copies? Jesus.
>>
>>318801720

Like what this anon says

The only negatives is the setting,story and toad side missions

The reviews will all depend on how buttblasted they are that this isn't a Paper Mario game
>>
WHO IS THE SECRET BOSS
>>
File: image.png (296 KB, 581x485) Image search: [Google]
image.png
296 KB, 581x485
Define what exactly it needs to do to make it good

It's better than Dream Team in pacing and gameplay

It's negatives revolve around the story and setting being NSMB

Everything else, Gameplay, bosses, interactions between characters, and dialogue have all been stated to be fantastic

Take that as you will
>>
>>318802751
>It's negatives revolve around the story and setting being NSMB

So basically its negatives aren't really a big deal unless you were expecting something stupid like cameos from every Paper Mario entry?
>>
>>318800579
i'll let you know when my rom download is finished
>>
>>318801329
>creative and fantastic.
>yoko
Frankly I'm getting sick and tired of her shit.
>>
File: rawr.png (1022 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
rawr.png
1022 KB, 900x900
>>318802737
I say its gonna be Dry Bowser
its ALWAYS someone related to bowser
>>
>>318802446
>>318801720
>The only negatives is the setting,story

Aren't those pretty huge negatives for a series that use to pride itself on its writing and humor?
>>
>>318804881
It is actually fine. And unlike in Sticker Star, the use of main series characters is done nicely.
People just expected a TTYD or SPM-tier story because everyone is thirsty for more console Paper Mario.
>>
File: 1449084345307.png (3 MB, 1032x2444) Image search: [Google]
1449084345307.png
3 MB, 1032x2444
>>318804881
>Aren't those pretty huge negatives for a series that use to pride itself on its writing and humor?

The game still has a lot of humor. There's a scene where Paper Peach basically makes Peach look really dumb. Peach complains about how they get out of a cell, and Paper Peach basically walks out of it.
>>
>its ALWAYS someone related to bowser
And by always, you mean dream team?

>>318804881
Not really, the setting and the story is quite generic, but not bad. The writing and humor makes them not as noticeable
>>
>>318805465
>Bowletta is the first act of the final boss in 1
>Shrowser makes a surprise appearance right before the ending in 2 (although not a proper final boss)
>Dark Bowser in 3
>>
>>318805134
>>318805167
>>318805465
I will trust /v/ this once. Hopefully I'll be done with X and Stella Glow by January.
>>
>>318800579
failed rehash
the same final boss
a blatant attempt
>>
>>318806575
>the same final boss

The final boss hasn't been shown off yet at all.
>>
>>318806665
A leakbro on /v/ said it was Giant Bowser with Paper Bowser being his armor. The same leabro said Paper Luigi was in the sound test, and apparently this is true, so the other thing might be true as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 640x640
>People are still mad it's not a Paper Mario game and use Sticker Star arguments

Trash opinions, don't even bother listening and play the fucking game yourself

When people misunderstand why Sticker Star was bad compared to the rest of the series and slap the complaints to Paper Jam, you have a fucking problem here
>>
>>318801329
Man I can't wait to see what boss will have this song in Kingdom Hearts 3
>>
>>318807579
>Sticker Star
>no new characters
>NSMB overworld map because it's got to superficially call back to the old Mario games
>everyone's lost their personality
>decent battle system concept that's like a Battle Network-lite, gimped with lack of supporting characters and having to wrangle with the system to be able to pick the enemy you want to attack
>sticker system nobody wanted becomes the primary mechanic of the game

>Paper Jam
>no new characters
>NSMB overworld map because it's got to superficially call back to the old Mario games
>everyone has personality
>sticks to the Dream Team battle system and includes an extra character for new attacks
>sticker system nobody wanted becomes an auxiliary mechanic giving you extra boosts in battle if necessary

Anything I'm missing?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.