[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that vanilla skyrim was one of the shallowest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: rim.jpg (26 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
rim.jpg
26 KB, 460x215
Can we all agree that vanilla skyrim was one of the shallowest RPG games ever made and that any fun came extrinsically from the player projecting their own stories onto their character rather than anything they actually experienced ingame?
>>
>>318788251
You mean Fallout 4 don't you?
>>
File: skyrimmods.jpg (45 KB, 418x424) Image search: [Google]
skyrimmods.jpg
45 KB, 418x424
No. No we can't.

If you're projecting your own stories onto video games, might as well just go back to pen and paper RPG with your faggot friends.

Pic related is all the mods you need.
>>
>>318789007
You mean Bethesda games don;t you?
>>
>>318789578
Where the fuck is Requiem?
>>
>>318789578
>what does vanilla mean
>>
>>318789745
Fuck complete overhauls.

>>318789812
Fuck playing bethesda games vanilla.
>>
>>318790086
But what does it mean
>>
>>318790323
It means that your thread is shit and you are a faggot on a faggot board.
>>
>>318788251
>coc qasmoke
Now you're playing with power.
>>
Skyrim was deeper than Oblivion actually.
>>
>>318790452
fuck you retard dont call me a faggot
>>
>>318789578
>>318789745
my sides
>>
>>318790323
really?

okay, vanilla means playing the game without mods
>>
Is there a good mod that makes night actually dark? Not being able to see very well in Oblivion was actually fun for the most part, added actual value to touches and light spells and such.

What about elf face mods? I don't mean the anime Japanese ones, just so they don't look like my 50 year old history teacher.
>>
Can we all agree that OP is a troll and a faggot.
>>
>>318788251
>vanilla
Yes, but /v/ is fucking retarded when it comes to pretending this game isn't nearly flawless once the right mods are installed.
>muh combat though, no mod can fix that
It always surprises me how /v/ can hate Skyrim's combat so much yet circlejerk Morrowind, a game with far shittier combat.
>muh complexity though
As someone whose played Daggerfall Morrowind's "complexity" is shallow as fuck and yet still retains all the train wreck elements of it's predecessor. Besides the point is moot, Skyrim has mods specifically for this.
>>
File: 58-47-59.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
58-47-59.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>318790980
Agreed.

>>318790927
Pure weather make nights way darker and makes the weather cool as shit at a very small to no performance cost. I had to install the brighter nights version because the default one is way too dark even with a torch.

Pic somewhat related. Pure weather, but not night time.
>>
Pretty much all Bethesda games are like that:
Shit gameplay
Shit quests
Shit graphics
Vast expansive world full of boring things to keep you occupied
>>
File: formcode000a.jpg (3 MB, 3000x4467) Image search: [Google]
formcode000a.jpg
3 MB, 3000x4467
>>318789578
>unironically using duel
ayy
>>
>>318791830
What's so bad about it you weeb faggot?
>>
Say what you want about Skyrim but it definitely isn't a shallow RPG. Maybe not an incredibly complex one, either, but it's far from shallow. Fable 3, THERE'S a shallow RPG. Skyrim has way more ins-ands-outs then that.

basically, NO.
>>
File: formcode000.jpg (3 MB, 4794x3000) Image search: [Google]
formcode000.jpg
3 MB, 4794x3000
>>318791935
People who unironically call people weeb faggots on 4chan use it

Here's your pity reply
>>
>>318792210
typical 4fag response.
>>
and yet there are still no alternatives, which is why people still play it that and mods
>>
File: dasitmang.png (22 KB, 323x303) Image search: [Google]
dasitmang.png
22 KB, 323x303
>>318788251
Just finished College of Winterhold questline today.

>be a new guy
>after our first lesson we get taken to some age old ruin
>turns out the place is booby trapped and full on undead draugr
>on the way suffer some vivid hallucinations of guys appearing out of thin air
>somehow make it trough to the end
>find some insanely powerful object in a ruin that has existed a small walk away from the college for ages
>ohgolly.jog
>as the new guy who barely lived trough a slaughter of undead i get sent to deliver the news
>arch-mage is not interested in my shit the slightest
>for some reason i cant even bring myself to stress the importance of the find
>get sent to the librarian
>get sent to fetch some books from a dangerous cult of underground mages
>again barely survive
>the boss of these maniacs is willing to trade the books for the asshole who stole em in the first place
>deal.jpg
>bring the books back
>get called to meet some weird dude who came to see me
>oh shit it is the weird little man from my hallucinations
>time literally stops around me and i feel like i was on skooma
>the guy tells me shit that makes no sense
>time resumes
>everyone is rolling their eyeballs nobody knowing what the fuck is going on
>get sent to a some dangerous underground hole below the college to speak to some age old magical turd
>find it and hear alot of bullshit that barely makes sense
>learn that the evil guy walking our hallways is evil to nobodys surprise
>everybody seemed to know that he was evil anyways
>decide to do nothing about it
>go search some dumpy ass staff and meet some crazy ass wizards from cyrodill
>somethingsneverchange.avi
>come back to college to find that shit has gone down
>the evil asshole has managed to tap into the superpower artifact without the staff
>how the fuck is he able to do that
>how the fuck was he allowed to do that
>is there no one sane in this fucking college leaving that literal magical nuke unguarded
>arch mage gets killed in an explosion
>>
>>318791445
>/v/ is one person
>a better combat system = good game

seriously though, Skyrims combat is fucking braindead. I have no idea how people can play the game when you are forced into combat in at least half of all situations and it just feels like beating your head against an enemy until their guard breaks and then spamming more.
>>
File: benis.jpg (15 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
benis.jpg
15 KB, 419x249
>>318792953
>arch mage just got killed in an explosion
>i get sent to find this retarded staff
>again be forced to crawl trough a horror dungeon full of undead monsters of all kind
>realize our arch mage was a cruel and uncaring assface all along
>goodriddance.mov
>end up fighting a immensely powerful dragonpriest armed with the barret 50cal of magical staffs
>somehow escape alive
>there is another evil faggot elf trying to block my way
>murder the fucker out of pure hatred i feel for this stupid college of retards
>return to the college
>half the people are standing outside the place
>stressing to me that we should attempt to break into the college to stop the evil asshole
>use the magical staffy open up the magic wall like butter
>notice that inside other college people walk around like nothing is happening
>what the fuck going on in here
>walk up to the room of supermagic artefact
>use the staff to turn the thing off and murder the evil asshole elf
>the hallucination magic monks appear once more and try to teleport away with the superduper magic ball
>try to stop them
>nope.mp3
>the fuckers proclaim me archamage and teleport away while noone bats an eye
>the old fuck who sent me to the first death mission taps me on the back and tell me im the archmage now
>this all happened in 1 week
>I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this retarded shithole of a college
>murder everyone and loot the place
>never return to college of shitterhold
>>
The dungeons were terrible too.
>same exact fucking design for 80% of them
>same fucking puzzles every time with maybe one extra repeated step
>go fuck yourself if you were trying to build a stealth character, have fun fighting through a cramped hallway with 5 immobile enemies every other room
>>
>>318792953
>>318793824
http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14422
>>
>>318789578
>killable lootable children

nice edge you got there
>>
>>318789578
>Duel
>not Deadly Combat and Balanced Magic
>no ACE or other skill overhaul

nigger what are you doing
>>
>>318788251
>Playing RPGs for the gameplay
>>
File: jesuschrist.jpg (104 KB, 888x1097) Image search: [Google]
jesuschrist.jpg
104 KB, 888x1097
>>318793949
Aaaaargh, the memories are coming back.
I like Skyrim in many ways, but holy shit does this game have some fucking retarded writing hidden in it. As the guy in the link said, the markarth quest really tops it off.

Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>318796173
Yeah, many RPG's have great gameplay turbo pleb.
>>
>tfw playing Morrowind, get Bloodmoon expansion, read up all on the Nords lore and shit
>wish there would be an Elder Scrolls game in Skyrim
>Skryim announced excited
>Skyrim trailer comes out, hype spilling out my asshole
>play the game

Skyrim was probably the biggest let down of an RPG I have ever played. It's not awful, but anyone who genuinely believes it's a good RPG are retarded.
>>
>>318788251
I had a lot of fun OP, I got 200+ hours in vanilla skyrim and had a blast.
>>
>all this edge
yes, i too dislike critically acclaimed and widely loved/popular video games to earn internet cool points, redeemable on reddit.com
>>
>>318790927
>What about elf face mods? I don't mean the anime Japanese ones, just so they don't look like my 50 year old history teacher.

Ethereal Elven Overhaul is good. It also has patches for mods like Interesting NPCs.

>>318796434
>I like Skyrim in many ways, but holy shit does this game have some fucking retarded writing hidden in it. As the guy in the link said, the markarth quest really tops it off.

I wouldn't say the retarded writing is hidden. It's out in the open all over the place.
>>
>>318798089
You seem desperate. Have a reply anon.
>>
>>318788251
>>318788251
No because Skyrim was a excellent RPG. Stop being upset.
>>
and that any fun came extrinsically from mods
fixed. every bethesda game is worse than the last one
>>
i wonder how many of you were around when the game released and /v/ treated it like the second coming of christ
>>
Lost to the Ages is the best quest line.
>>
>>318803014
Shame that it was a DLC quest and not vanilla, it's one of my favorites too.
>>
When the next (real, not that stupid MMO garbage) Elder Scrolls comes out everyone will be bitching about how shitty it is and how Skyrim was a timeless classic.

Except Morrowindfags, they will never enjoy anything.
>>
>>318802050
I was around and the only thing I remember was thread after thread of glitch gifs and people making fun of the godawful dialog
>>
>>318804134
After what Bethesda did with Fallout 4, TES6 might make Skyrim look like Baldur's Gate in terms of complexity.
>>
>>318801240
Any mods that fix the shitty dungeons and stupid questlines that have no effect on the world?
I played through Skyrim vanilla and enjoyed it at the time, have been considering getting it on steam and modding it. (originally got it free on 360) But I don't think mods could help me enjoy another playthough much without fixing that.
>>
>>318804134

Also, there will be the inevitable complaints that Bethesda is making the franchise "too generic" as if every Elder Scrolls aside from Morrowind wasn't generic as fuck.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.