[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me your honest opinions of this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: 9TFrEgZ.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9TFrEgZ.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Give me your honest opinions of this game
>>
fake and gay
>>
6/10
>>
delete this
>>
File: scienceguy.png (594 KB, 405x717) Image search: [Google]
scienceguy.png
594 KB, 405x717
A great open world shooter, a shit RPG
>>
6/10

It's a bit above average, but way too simplified and outdated in many aspects to be considered a good game.

It's a decent timesink though.
>>
Somewhat weak 7/10
>>
Better than alot of shit this year. Keeps me entertained from my miserable wagekek life.
>>
solid 6 out of 10.

World is great, writing is improved but still lacking in a lot of places. Shooting mechanics are great but the RPG aspects are terrible.

Decent timesink but no GOTY.
>>
Would've been amazing if it had come out two years ago when PS4 and XboxOne launched.

Unfortunately it came out it 2015.
>>
Their greatest achievment.
>>
>>318784487
its a good game
its a shitty fallout
>>
>>318784487
I'll wait 2-4 years for mods to fix it before I consider buying it.
>>
>>318784487
where did the safe come from ?
>>
File: 6.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
6.webm
3 MB, 640x480
could use more cats
>>
Combat is either too easy or calls for cheesing, and this makes me pretty upset

why vats when aiming down sights is 100% accurate
>>
File: newhat.jpg (66 KB, 622x348) Image search: [Google]
newhat.jpg
66 KB, 622x348
>>
>>318784646
This. It's fun to explore and shoot stuff, base building is okay. But there's little room for actual role playing, and what little RPG elements there are weaker than a limp dick.
>>
>>318785047
i just use vats to basically scan for enemies while im walking, all its good for
>>
>>318784487
>lots and lots of wasted potential (Combat zone, robot race track etc.)
>Gutted RPG mechanics, the dialogue is stripped down to a point where there might as well not be any dialogue wheel and just have the dialogue to be linear. Your choices don't matter anyhow so what's the point?
>repetitive quests and there are not enough of the "good" ones. Most are just the generic "go here, kill this, come back" bullshit. Most insulting quest was probably the kid in the fridge
>settlement system is annoying, stupid and pointless.
>>
half assed
>>
It's okay. I have a lot of problems with it but I'm still playing it.
>>
>>318784487
fun world to go around in
story is jarring
characters aren't boring but aren't needed
seeing all the enemies and how they react differently from one another is fun
base building feels tacked on and meaningless
none of the factions seems that interesting although I got better loot from doing BoS quests so take that as you will.
>>
>>318785347
>Settlement system is pointless

Good luck trying to get the best stuff in the game without setting up traders in your settlements.
>>
>>318784487
Decent FPS, shitty RPG, Bethesda's Fallout.
>>
>>318784487
It's a great shooter, but a terrible rpg. For what it's worth, I'm about 20 hours in, and I still haven't been to diamond city yet.
I know I haven't passed through the honeymoon phase yet, but I got the game for free so I'm not complaining.
>>
File: yPcC7X6[1].jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yPcC7X6[1].jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
As an RPG it's insulting.

It's moderately good as an open world FPS
>>
>>318784487
worst game in the entire franchise, yes, that includes tactics and brotherhood of steel

the only thing going for it is the fact that it has better shooting mechanics than 3/new vegas, that's it.
>>
>>318785508
It's not like legendary enemies are rare, the game throws them at you like candy.
>>
>>318784487
Fun gunplay
Environment does it's job by just being a wasteland. Radio station is the weakest between 3 and new vegas. The classic station saves it.
Every character is extremely unlikable, the MC doubly included.
Don't give a flying fuck about the story. put roughly 70 hours into it and have only done maybe 10 quests. Have just been fucking things up. No where near worth 60 dollars even though I'm enjoying it. 60 dollars for any game is just plain silly.
>>
Good game, shitty rpg.
>>
It's baffling how much detail they have put into the game and how it is all inconsequential. There are shit tons of companion interactions, for instance, which are triggered by things you do or places you visit.

None of them have any profound effect on the game, but they do wonders for building atmosphere. I think this is the field that Bethesda excels in, adding a ton of micro-detail.

The gameplay isn't bad but neither is it something to write home about. The only real stumbling block the game has is the writing and general RPG elements (which could be argued to be the most important things by some).
>>
why the fuck would i wanna play a game that gives me responsibilites?
>>
Proves Bethesda has no idea what they're doing when it comes to RPG's.
The shooting isn't even that good, its just a minor improvement over NV
>>
>>318784487
It's ok. 7/10. The settlement building is pretty cool, but otherwise feels worse than Oblivion, New Vegas, and Skyrim.
>>
It's Skyrim but with guns.
It's Fallout 3 but with less content.
>>
>>318785508
By end of the game you'll be swimming in caps just by selling stuff. Plenty of useless legendaries with retardedly high value.
>>
>>318785508
Speaking of which, my main settlement is stuck with 11 people. Is there a limit or something?
>>
>>318785793
>>318786027
I don't think you understood. Settlement traders literally sell things that cannot be gained in any other way.
>>
>>318784487
6/10, pirate, play, and forget.

I didn't expect anything from this game, and it fulfilled all my expectations. It's a mediocre and "safe" game. You can see lazy writing, art-direction, and level design everywehere. That said, it was fun for a while.
>>
lazy, lazy, lazy

much better game (opposed to menu) controls than any of their other titles so far though

i'd hesitate to go as high at 4/10
>>
>>318784487
Nowhere near perfect, but still fun.
>>
File: al.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
al.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>318785889
>Enter a dark place
>MacCready asks "Is there a flashlight in that fancy wristwatch of yours?"
>Activate pip-boy light
>"Oh... there is."

If only they channeled some of that autism into other parts of their games.
>>
>>318786273
such as
>>
5/10 at the most maybe even 4/10. Outdated, lacking, repetitive, half assed. The only points I'd give them are for the character creation and first minutes which were a bit of fun, until you get the first power armor and see how bad this game actually is.
>>
I want it to be better so much but it's just not a good fallout game. Too linear and poorly optimized.
>>
Fallout 4 fails as both an fps and an rpg.

Fallout 4 is a shitty FPS. The AI is retarded and easily exploitable.
Difficulty is literally defined as "you do .5 dmg and enemies do 2x dmg to you".

The character animations are awful and erratic which makes aiming difficult due to the shitty engine. As far as an FPS goes it is one of the worst. They tacked on a stupid "city management" minigame that is a terrible timesink and cumbersome to deal with through a terrible interface.

The map design is a cluttered clusterfuck of generic and inconsequential corridor maze dungeons. Quantity over quality.

The graphics are awful and the draw distance is shit, but that usually doesn't matter since your LOS is limited to 200 meters or so by alleyways or hills and valleys.

The voice acting is mediocre at best and terrible in a lot of situations.

The dialogue and story are both poorly written. The interactions between player and NPC are ridiculous and unbelievable and inconsequential or just completely linear.
"We'll help you but only if you give us the courser chip"
"No way"
"Well come back when you've changed your mind"

The writing for npcs and new factions goes like this: you bust into someones home/base/underground secret hiding place > we just met you, we usually don't do this but we trust you > here do some work for us > we promote you to grand marshall.

Overall the game is one of the biggest abominations ever created.
>>
>>318785976
>less content than fallout 3
You are fucking delusional. I've got 120+ hours in it, haven't finished the main story and I looked it up, I've got about 100 locations I haven't discovered, not including unmarked locations. And before anyone says it i didn't spend a lot of time building shit only 3 hours tops.
>>
>>318784487
6.8/10. It's a good game but not overwhelming.

But I'll bet it will be a 10/10 play 1000 hours game with mods and dlcs in a year and hakf
>>
>>318786576
Unique, named weapons and armor pieces.
>>
>>318784487
>People keep saying how it's a good shooter
>Every enemy has infinite grenades and ammo
>Your companions don't
>You don't
>Enemies will constantly spam grenades
>They can shoot all they want
>Choices are shit
>Can only talk yourself out of fighting once you get a certain perk
>Enemies are left and right
>>
20 something hours and I'm already bored as fuck.

- Questing is a chore. I dread starting a quest because it just ends up being kill X bandits then spend upwards of a half hour clearing the building/warehouse of loot so you dont run out of ammo. Feels like I spend most of my time staring at the ground trying not to miss ammo.

- I don't have time to get any fun perks because I have to max charisma/locking/hacking which are clearly the most (only?) important perks in the early game.

I know there's other issues contributing to my boredom that I don't even realize too
>>
its a good game. no goty like many people stated, but a solid game imho
>>
Although i dont really enjoy the game or really even this fucking M night shyamalan main story line, i actually really like the followers in this game as compared to the older titles, Nick and John being my favorites. The characters backstories interest me more then "my" characters (when i say "my" i mean bethesdas character that i got to make look different)
>>
>>318786821
>I have to max
sure...
>>
>>318786802
How does any of that make the actual mechanics bad, though?

Shooting feels and sounds good, has satisfying impact on enemies and is generally much more fulfilling than it was in 3/NV
>>
41 hours in and I can't justify touching it anymore. Exploring is shit, nothing interesting at all except for the robots on the ship. My last 5-10 hours have been me quickscoping because I'm so fucking bored and needed some challenge, but the game is still boring as shit.

On the bright side, I decided to do another New Vegas run.
>>
>>318786391
>>318786454
>lazy
I read this shit and it's just brutal. I pirated it and i legitimaly feel this game deserves a purchase. It's the opposite of lazy. Everywhere i go i see they took the effort of putting some minor details here and there, some little jokes or simply stuff that any other dev would just say fuck it. I don't know, i think there was love while making this game. They cut some corners here and there and like always tried to reach that big audience. But there was care that you hardly see anymore, especially in triple A games.
>>
>>318786761
50 hours is what it took my playthrough that discovered and cleared every non-quest location

you're slow
>>
>>318786793
such as?
>>
>>318786990
>On the bright side, I decided to do another New Vegas run.
95% sure you are branwashed by actively using 4chan.
>>
I would rank it below dragon age inquistion.
>>
File: 20hr MS paint.png (15 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
20hr MS paint.png
15 KB, 700x500
>>
>>318784487
Better than skrim. Still an abomination.
>>
>>318784487

Everything about it is half-baked.

The perk rework could have been interesting with every level contributing meaningful change to your character, but instead they just rolled skills verbatim into perks and made all characters converge towards similarity.
The focus of power armor could have been interesting, but lazy design choices left it nothing more than a nuisance with good stats.
The voiced protagonist could have added so much to the experience, but instead it just became an excuse to remove player agency from the writing.

Above all, the game feels lazy. It skirts by on the bare minimum at every turn. It gets the job done, but is completely uninteresting. Functional, uninspired, dull and forgettable.
>>
>>318787227
Fuck off with your bullshit. No need for this, there's enough issues as it is.
>>
The worst thing about it is that it was made by bethesda
>>
>>318784487

No depth, no love, no passion. Meaningless game.
>>
>>318785148
This
>>
In 2015 there's been so many at least decent AAA open world games that it doesn't stand out all, it's about on the same level as Mad Max. I'd give it a 5/10, or 7.5/10 on a videogame reviewer's scale.
In particular the fact that they removed or toned down so many rpg elements and gutted the dialogue system means that it's simply a more poorly designed STALKER.
>>
>>318787286
Bonjour le reddit
>>
>>318786225
limited by your charisma. If you have 10 you can have around 20
>>
>>318787253
spray and pray

the best gun in the game
>>
>>318787602

tell us about your internet history
>>
Good shooter, poor RPG. Also:

Pacing is fucking awful. They give you a power armor after 20 minutes (power armor in itself is very good this time), a minigun which is supposed to be one of the powerful weapons you look forward to getting. Then they toss a deathclaw at you. Power armor should be sort of rare and feel good to obtain. Like when the BoS gives you one after you become a knight I didn't really see the point since I already had a full set of X-01. Having the one they give you, then by all means the museum of freedom one could still be there, but way later in the game, maybe one secret in a location not used by a quest and finally one you could just buy from the Atom Cats. Nothing special but it took me 1 minute to think it up, and is in my opinion much better than giving you one right off the bat and then another 10+ by the time you finish the main quest.

Settlements are shit. When they were announced, showed brief footage off at E3 and in the interview after the guy asked Todd how many there were and he avoided giving a number I figured there would be 3 or 4. This would have been much better. Imagine instead of having 20 settlements you wouldn't bother doing anything with you could have a small number of them that you would actually invest in, and then having each location have a couple unique NPC's each arriving after a certain milestone (on top of the legendary merchants). These NPC's could have a quest each. Trade routes wouldn't be a bitch to manage, they could have had better locations since they could add more detail and care into each instead of churning out a couple dozen ones.

Finally the Glowing Sea. I heard about it before I went there and my mind started spinning, I figured Virgil would be in the outskirts somewhere and the deeper you went the harder it would become while having decent loot deeper in, maybe even with some tough locations that would reset with randomized enemies for replay value? Nope.
>>
7/10

But will add another 3 once GECK and waifu mods will appear.
>>
>>318787689
Spray and pray is sold by Cricket, not a settlement merchant. One weapon that has been confirmed to be settlement exclusive is Reckoning, a ripper that makes you take less damage while standing still.
>>
>>318786821
you don't need lockpicking or hacking to finish quests usually a locked door or terminal is just a shortcut to finish the quest or you'll find the key/password farther down the location
>>
>>318787413
i am not bullshitting, that is seriously how long it takes
you are slow if you took 100 hours

or you're looting every last can on the floor, and fast travelling with the extremely long loading times back and forth

build purifier, get water, explore, do NOT loot pipe weapons or armor, don't worry about picking up every microscope or finding other "valuable" loot, because you can just strip mods off weapons rather than crafting or building boring ass settlements
50 hours
>>
>>318787362
>exit is locked or barred
>not allowed to bypass with master lockpicking
>not allowed to open with master hacking
>>
File: just fuck my pepe up.jpg (43 KB, 374x363) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my pepe up.jpg
43 KB, 374x363
>>318784487
Full of glitches that drives a perfectionist like me mad as fuck.

>save Paladin Danse from death
>supposed to be hanging out in the listening post
>nowhere to be found, unable to recruit him as a companion anymore

This is just one of the many, but this one is still after countless hours of gameplay tiggering the fuck out of my autism. I kinda see no point in playing the game anymore, if I can't 100 % it.
>>
File: 1369275032047.png (393 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
1369275032047.png
393 KB, 500x714
>>318787807
But anon, there are already perfect waifus in the game.
>>
File: Lorenzo_Cabot.png (524 KB, 529x441) Image search: [Google]
Lorenzo_Cabot.png
524 KB, 529x441
Did you guys kill this nigga?

I tried doing both sides of the quest and neither gives me his Skyrim Dwarf hat
>>
>>318785010
>he plays on console
or
>he cant use the console
>>
File: 1445283280277.jpg (3 KB, 115x125) Image search: [Google]
1445283280277.jpg
3 KB, 115x125
Despite all the flaws, i`m having a blast unironically speaking desu
>>
Bethesda's best game in a very long time, but as much as I really enjoyed it, the minute I got Bloodborne on Black Friday I completely forgot I even had FO4.

I'm hoping any expansion content makes up for this.
>>
>>318786225
It's your charisma + 1
>Having 1 charisma in a game that have Lone Wanderer at 3 CHAR, and a must have perk if you want to do serious settlement building at 6 CHAR
>>
>>318787678
I have 9. Strange.
>>
>>318788027
I wanted him to teach me psychic powers...
>>
>>318784487
Haven't seen anything that could possibly convince me to get it.
>>
>>318786802
>>Every enemy has infinite grenades and ammo
>>You don't

Oh you mean just like in every other shooting-game ever made?
>>
File: 1412852212303.png (584 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1412852212303.png
584 KB, 800x800
As broad as it is shallow.
Fun for a while, gets very tedious after just a few hours.
Quests are boring and meaningless, world feels disjointed and inconsistent, story is a mess.

>it's a shitty RPG but it's a good open world shooter
I want this meme to end. It's not even good as a shooter. The mechanics feels as floaty and weightless as any other gamebryo game.

Overall score: 4/10, skyrim with guns
>>
Played 20 hours have just got to diamond city and remembered that my guy is looking for his son. Have not done many missions 10 maybe but have nearly finished the top half of the map.
I use no armor and just seek around so killing before they shot me is important so if they find me I need vats.
Its a great rpg purely because I have no idea how bad any of the story is nor the missions but I want to finish exploring the map.
>>
>>318784487
Perfect Toddshooter.
Shit Fellout game.
10/10 gg no re.
>>
>>318788186
>Oh you mean just like in every other shooting-game ever made?
pretty much
>>
>>318787976
Did you kill the BoS? Danse becomes killable after that. Might have died.
>>
a shit
>>
File: 4u.jpg (262 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
262 KB, 800x800
>>318788209
>>
File: 1436220978225.png (154 KB, 278x349) Image search: [Google]
1436220978225.png
154 KB, 278x349
Fun to go around and kill stuff. Weapon mods and legendary weapons are cool.

Unfortunately one of the shallowest RPGs I've ever played. The writing is pretty shit tier. Playing as a good guy all your dialogue options feel like the most generic "good guy" crap, and you get the feeling that the game doesn't really want you to play as a bad guy anyway. Wasted potential is hugely apparent EVERYWHERE. Cool landmarks and locations that you think might have an interesting quest or side activity are just more raider or super mutant camps. I haven't encountered every faction but the faction quests I have encountered are a joke. The Minutemen quests are literally only ONE type: "I've heard of X settlement having trouble with raiders; yeah we know where the raiders are coming from, it's this random camp all the way across the map; wow you killed them, I guess the Minutemen aren't so bad after all." I got the ending spoilered before I got the game but I'm not mad because I don't care about the story at all because the writing is so terrible.
>>
>>318788227
>missions
>Its a great rpg
>>>/global/rules/2
>>
>>318787886
Considering it takes him 5 minutes to reply
Hes slow as fuck
>>
>>318788186
it would be nice to see the enemy run back to pick up ammo and grenades just ONCE

or am I asking too much here?
>>
>>318788227
you are playing correctly.
>>
File: 1414259776039.jpg (304 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1414259776039.jpg
304 KB, 800x800
>>318788291
>>
>>318788027

I killed him because I checked the rewards on the wiki and a gun that can ragdoll people sounded better than getting a decent drug but having to revisit him every time I run out and only getting one dose each time

the gun ended up shoving people like two feet back
>>
meh
>>
like a 6/10 at best
that big base building shit that everyone creamed themselves over isnt even that good
that being said I had a little fun for the $0 I paid for it
>>
I was dicking around with a double barrel shotgun killing bloat flies. A few times a note popped up saying 2 shotgun shells added. What causes this?
>>
>>318788413
kek
>>
>>318788302
how are those 4chan points going for you?
>>
6/10
Modding will fix it, make it 8 or 9, probably will play it off and on, but im gonna wait for the DLC and the mods
>>
>>318788351
It'd be nice, but I haven't seen it happen in any game so far.
>>
>>318788227
>Its a great rpg purely because I have no idea how bad any of the story is nor the missions
nah, this just means it is a fun hiking shoot em up.
>>
>>318784487
I like it.
>>
Big MEH

its 6/10
>>
>>318788302
You don't get how I play most rpgs.
1000 hours in morrowind and never did the main story I just ran around exploring the map.
Same with fallout 2 and 3 oblivion and skyrim
>>
>>318788561
4channing is 10/10 doe senpai
>>
>>318784487
Boring. The world is mostly empty and the only features you find either contain basically nothing or you don't want to approach because you'll get roped into some kind of scripted sequence.
>>
>>318788027
I kill him, then strapped his artifact on a gamma gun. His artifact removes the radiation damage on the gun, but add energy damage and explosive damage. Both are scaling with Nuclear Physicist and Explosives.
>>
File: counter counter meme.png (575 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
counter counter meme.png
575 KB, 680x680
>>318788413
>>
File: 1438141840463.png (208 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1438141840463.png
208 KB, 361x691
>>318788497
>It's a great rpg purely because I have no idea how bad any of the story is nor the missions but I want to finish exploring the map
>>
File: confusedsamus.jpg (30 KB, 342x181) Image search: [Google]
confusedsamus.jpg
30 KB, 342x181
>Electricity is weaponized in the form of tesla traps and the tesla damage field for PA
>No one thought to make a gun that shoots electricity
>>
It's shit, but enjoyable.

Has no replay value though.
>>
>>318784487
I like it. I do wish that noncombat perks could be used in quests though.

Outside of one instance of lockpicking making talking to the mayor to get the key for Kellogg's house unnecessary I don't think there were any besides the charisma ones.
>>
>>318785197
Quests are hyper-linear and virtually every problem, like the two games preceding it, is solved by shooting something in the head. It's so limited in scope it's insane.
>>
>>318788602

But there's nothing interesting in FO4.
>>
File: 1448689869020.jpg (550 KB, 1013x1093) Image search: [Google]
1448689869020.jpg
550 KB, 1013x1093
I like it, but not that much. It isn't that good of a game (It feels like a combination of Borderlands and Bioshock with a paint of Fallout) and nothing has been that memorable. I couldn't tell you any highlights of the main story and all the side quests are mainly just "Hey guy, go here and clear out this dungeon" just like in Skyrim.

Most of the companions are good, I guess.
>>
>>318788620
>because you'll get roped into some kind of scripted sequence.
sorry you havent figured out to walk away....and just auto yes everything
>>
>>318787286
99% sure you are retarded. 4 is trash, NV is not.
>>
I like the shooting and how quickly you can loot stuff. I haven't found much else that I like about it.
>>
>>318784487
It's fun to run around in OP power armor and shoot stuff
And the glowing sea is atmospheric as fuck
>>
>>318784487
It's ok. The exploring is what I'm after the most. And it's not terrible at it. That being said, it's definitely not as interesting a world to explore as previous games. Either the formula is getting stale for me, or they've run out of fun ideas for locations to find
>>
>>318788738
in another week you will be playing the next 4chan hivegame. 100% sure on that one.
>>
>>318787947
But it's chained from the other side.
>>
>>318788630
Holy shit, I will be doing this now.
>>
>>318788706

>Outside of one instance of lockpicking making talking to the mayor to get the key for Kellogg's house unnecessary I don't think there were any besides the charisma ones.

FUN FACT: If you give the annoying old lady drugs she'll tell you that you can just go get the key from the bleachers below the house. Because she's magic. Because ROLEPLAYING.
>>
File: 1440644570454.jpg (42 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1440644570454.jpg
42 KB, 800x800
Terrible RPG, but a fantastic shooter when you compare it to shit in the FPS genre we usually get.
>>
>>318784646
>>318784646
>A great open world shooter
Is it even that? It's Borderlands with less memes
>>
>>318788837
110% sure you are an assblasted 4 lover. Try Reddit, it's more your style.

s︂︂m︂h t︂b︂︂h f︂︂a︂m
>>
File: Death2.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Death2.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
it's a joke of an RPG
the gunplay is average at best, there is nothing innovative or interesting, it just seems good in comparison into the shitheap that was the gunplay of FO3&NV

i cant believe they went back to DR
>>
It's kind of okay but the writing is incredibly stupid.

>HEY RANDOM PERSON WHO JUST GOT OUT OF A VAULT, WANT TO BE OUR GENERAL

Could he have waited, like, a day or two before popping the question?
>>
>>318788989
>borderlands with fewer memes
>not a good thing
>>
>>318788913

mama murphey is such a stupid character

as if the fucking game wasn't dumbed down enoguh
>>
>>318788671
dlc :^)
>>
What an awful Fallout game it was.

If it wasn't Fallout, 6.5/10, with potential mods probably 8/10. But it's still a shit Fallout and that ruins the game.
>>
>>318789006
have you tried Voat or 8ch? or do you just do everything big brother 4chan tells you to think?
>>
File: kramer.jpg (6 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
kramer.jpg
6 KB, 100x100
>>318789006
>Niggerposter
Nobody will ever take anything you post seriously.
>>
I dont give a fuck about it.
Seems eh.
>>
>>318788734
I'm playing an RPG. It's hard to stomach doing so, especially if I'm supposed to go to some kind of objective for reasons I don't even understand. If the only way to play the game is to be as un-immersed as possible then this is not a good game.
>>
>>318785889
Sure, they do add a lot of small cool details. Too bad they miss jarring details and obvious plotholes etc, that ruins much more than the small details bring.
>>
>>318786964
I will admit the game's gamefeel is on point
>>
>>318789016
What is DR?
>>
>>318786756
>Overall the game is one of the biggest abominations ever created.

How to spot someone who barely plays video games.
>>
File: age of men.jpg (17 KB, 245x238) Image search: [Google]
age of men.jpg
17 KB, 245x238
It's pretty bad in terms of choices throughout the game. What you do don't really matter in the end, except for say choosing the color green rather than blue and red as to which faction you go along with.
>>
>>318788891
After finishing the quest, you have to return to the Cabot house one week after the end of the quest and talk to Jack.
>>
The game feels like the foundation for a much better game that could be made from it. The GECK can't come soon enough.
>>
>>318788561
>It's meh
>But it's above average
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>318784487

Objectively the best game that came out this year.
Note how most of the posters before me are autistic and while bullshitting about how "iz not an RPG" (Because they don't know the definition of an RPG), they then proceed to play generic anime children tits simulator 2015, and then not find a thing wrong with it because they are either manchildren or teenagers.
>>
>>318786616
Yeah, I actually quit after the first mission. As soon as I realized I had no reason to fight the raiders, but was just expected with no ability to say no, I couldn't enjoy it.
I hate Preston. I don't wanna help him. Why am I forced to? I can't kill them either. It's just sad.
>>
>>318789039
It's still Borderlands which means it's shit
>>
>people saying it's a great shooter but bad RPG

It's just a bad game. Period. It's not supposed to be a fucking shooter, so stop giving it that merit.
>>
>>318789195
what i read is FOR YOU that mechanic is un-immersive. sorry you are like that m8
>>
>>318789290
Damage Resistance i.e. armour that reduces damage taken by a % value.

It's an inferior system to DT, Damage Threshold, where damage is directly subtracted from the DT of given armour.
>>
>>318789006
Why did they remove the filter?

C'mon Hiro
>>
>played all Bethesda games since Morrowind
>consider this their best game
>reading this thread
The hell man, i'm not saying it doesn't have issues but it does many things right. Don't you all think this is the best world map they ever done? Are you not enjoying the verticality? The death of corridor dungeons?
>>
>>318789367
Hope you like waiting 3 years for a decent game after installing 200 mods
>>
>>318789509
You give credit where credit is due, and Fallout 4 is a good shooter.
>>
>>318788989
>with less memes

There's a guy who spews the knee injury meme.
>>
>>318789412

>WHY SHOULD I KILL THINGS? THIS ISNT FALLOUT, THIS IS MY LITTLE HUG BOX, WHY SHOULD I KILL THINGS?!

neo /v/ to scared to kill things in a video game

fallout 4 is GOTY, there is literally no room for discussion, every single post bashing fallout 4 in this thread is so fucking autistic its not even funny
>>
>>318789290
damage resistance as opposed to damage threshold, which was used in FO:NV

DR is a % damage removed from every source of damage you take

DT is when the damage you take is subtracted by your armor value

DT is better because 1) it makes heavier armor more important
2) they did some interesting stuff with ammo types ignoring DT or boosting DT but doing extra damage

just a little bit more depth, something bethesda games are always lacking
>>
>>318789607

Is it also the first shooter you ever played?
>>
>>318784487
Shallow fps with shallow rpg elements, made for children.
>>
>>318789612
I don't think you understand.
In Borderlands there was a meme after every headshot and most kills
>>
>>318785716
So where's the meet going to be?
>>
>>318789607

It isn't though. It's just not dogshit like the previous two games. It's acceptable, not great.
>>
File: RolePlaying.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RolePlaying.jpg
519 KB, 1920x1080
>>318784487
>>
>>318789697
No, far from it.

You just want to hate the game so badly that you don't want to admit it has any redeeming qualities.
>>
>>318789607

>You give credit where credit is due, and Fallout 4 is a good shooter.

In what way? It's not compelling or difficult in any way. The AI is useless and I can cheese every fight in the game just by walking away a bit. What makes it a good shooter?
>>
File: 1435614313281.jpg (23 KB, 224x220) Image search: [Google]
1435614313281.jpg
23 KB, 224x220
>>318789547
>played all Bethesda games since Morrowind
>consider this their best game
>>
>>318789780
what mod?
>>
>>318789607
>Fallout 4 is a good shooter.
Compared to what? What game this year besides Order 1886 has worse shooting than Fallout 4?
>>
>>318789697
>Don't you all think this is the best world map they ever done?
The fuck is wrong with you?
> Are you not enjoying the verticality?
I sure enjoy going upwards to find nothing
>The death of corridor dungeons?
By replacing them with something somehow more shallow
>>
>>318789719

>B..B..B..B. MATURE GAMES FOR MATURE GAMERS LIKE MYSELF

literally all video games which are made for children, grow up and find a new hobby if thats your only excuse
>>
>>318785047
Because I'M not 100% accurate
>>
File: meme.png (654 KB, 986x1144) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
654 KB, 986x1144
>>
>>318785716
>>318789780

>posting mods
>>
>>318789638
I just stepped out of a vault into a post-apocalyptic world where everything is dead. The first people I meet, I instantly decide to shoot and kill with no reason other than Preston yelling at me to do it. How does this make sense?
Why would I have any logical reason to do it?
>>
>>318788186
In MGSV they run out
In MGS3 they run out
I thought they ran out in NV but it's been a while
The infinite ammo thing isn't so bad but they fucking spam grenades so much it's annoying.
>>
Fun as fuck and many issues can be ignored if you play it with them in mind. Most people play the game for exploration and hoarding in a first person setting with light RPG elements. I wish someone else would make a game in the same genre and style but noone dares compete with this massive shitheap of an incompetent company. So those who love the exploration, there really is very very few alternatives and none come close to the exploration in bethesda titles. God how i wish anyone at all would come and take this formula away from Bethesda and make a competent game with its style.
>>
>>318784487
Get it for like 20 bucks
>>
File: piper fans.png (63 KB, 294x466) Image search: [Google]
piper fans.png
63 KB, 294x466
>>318789780
>accept quest
>accept quest
>accept quest dickishly
>accept quest

BRAVO BETHESDA
>>
It's fun for a bit, but around the 50 hour mark I felt like there wasn't really much left to do, sure there were some dungeons I hadn't done, but they all feel the same after the first dozen. Most of the quests felt really generic, the only ones that really stood out were silver shroud and the USS Constitution. I wanted to do more with settlements, but between the clunky interface and lack of incentives, I didn't really bother with it. I played a melee build, game got really easy even on survival. The story wasn't really anything amazing and the dialogue only had a few good lines here and there. The game just feels so lacking, it's decent, but I feel it could have been done better.
>>
Why the hell Bethesda needed to include T-60 armor. It's even pre-war yet we never heard any mention of it in previous games. At least make it new technology, like Advanced Power armor
>>
it's not an RPG
>>
>2015
>melee attacks STILL have zero weight to them
even dark messiah, a game from 2003 had satisfying melee combat. Elder Scrolls 6 is gonna be shit.
>>
It made me think "Why am I playing this instead of finishing Witcher 3?"

So I played Witcher 3 for a bit and wondered "Why am I played this? This genre is a waste of time"

5/10.
>>
>>318789862
BLOPS III
Overwatch
Rainbow Six: Siege
Halo 5
>>
>>318790007

everything still has zero weight to it

the guns still feel and sound like toys
>>
>>318789697
>>318789891
Sorry meant for >>318789547
>>
File: 1433311418835.jpg (68 KB, 496x421) Image search: [Google]
1433311418835.jpg
68 KB, 496x421
It's a fun ride but thanks to the rigid backstory it has almost zero replayability. It's also laughably easy, with the "survival" difficulty being something of a misnomer.
Anyway I'm 50 hours in, having done all three endings across two characters (sneaky spec. ops and 'roided up melee punchy types respectively), and I can safely say I probably wont play it again until the DLC is out.

I kinda wanted to fuck around with heavy weapons, but the way EXP scaling and perks work it'd be easier to start a new character and to hell with going through all that "muh shaun" bullshit again. Once you know the plot twist the former half of the game becomes a serious chore; especially Nate's inability to comprehend the passage of time and the dumbass mystery surrounding Kellogg.
>>
>>318789894
kek. best use of "hate newspapers" may may
>>
File: 1436380166127.jpg (53 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1436380166127.jpg
53 KB, 474x595
>>318789638
>fallout 4 is GOTY, there is literally no room for discussion, every single post bashing fallout 4 in this thread is so fucking autistic its not even funny
how does it feel to be literally retarded?
>>
It looks pretty cool, although I dislike the voiced protagonist, dialogue wheel and that your backstory is written out. Combat looks great. Will probably get it once I'm finished with Witcher 3, Bloodborne and MGSV and then I will have 4/5 pieces of Filthy normie 2015 set, only missing undertale
>>
>>318789515
>what i read is FOR YOU that mechanic is un-immersive. sorry you are like that m8
Huh? Walking away from conversations so that they restart later and skipping dialogue with auto-yes? It's my fault that I'm not immersed by this?

Or let me guess, you have no idea what features we're talking about and you felt like insulting me to defend your game.
>>
>>318789970
Protip: You've already agreed to help at that point. That's why the only choice you have is how enthusiastic you are about it.
>>
boring
>>
>>318790115
>50 hours in, having done all three endings across 20 characters
how
I'm 80 hours in and I haven't beaten the game yet
>>
>>318790115
Jtust open console command and give yourself what you need
>>
File: Fallout_3_Outcast_Emblem.png (135 KB, 250x400) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_3_Outcast_Emblem.png
135 KB, 250x400
I can't believe they didn't do ANYTHING with the Outcast brotherhood, but looking back I understand that the Outcasts were just the most tentative throwback to the older Fallout games. Now that Bethesda realizes they don't need to reference the older games what so ever, they'll probably never be heard from again.
>>
>>318784692
>7/10
>Above average
>Weak

Fallout 4 is mediocre, but the meme where a game is shit unless it's a 10 needs to stop
>>
>>318789914

>literally every thread until now after fallout 4
>every fucking screaming autist wants to "le kill everybody funny meme :)"

STOP BEING SO FUCKING EDY, what is it with the obsession with every screaming little child in fallout 4 threads that makes them want to kill everything?

Like i remember playing older fallouts when i was younger, i never felt the edgy need to "kill everybody"

maybe because im not a edgy pre-teen angsty faggot who doesnt feel the need to shoot every NPC which comes into my screen

kill yourself and find a better way to play this game you fucking literal autist
>>
How do any of you faggots think this is a good shooter?
>>
>>318789810

How is the shooting better than that in every other modern shooter?
>>
Felt no desire to continue playing after main quest.

Felt like I wasted hours of my life collecting garbage.

Bad game/10
>>
>>318790357

calm down edy
>>
>>318790303
There are no more outcasts because the brotherhood went back to its usual ways.
>>
>>318789970
I think to reject the quest you walk away without saying anything.
>>
>>318790357
That's literally what I'm arguing for, I don't want to kill anything. My character has no reason to.

Calm the fuck down, please
>>
It's a 5/10 game. The only reason I played it was pure boredom.
Back to New Vegas with mods now though. It's heavenly in comparison.
>>
>>318789914
>People wearing fucking sacks on their heads and generally looking like they stepped out of Mad Max shooting at a guy dressed at least somewhat normally, who is pleading for you to help

What logical reason would you have to kill them, indeed.
>>
>>318789891
This makes no sense. If you claim in Fo4 dungeons you are finding nothing, what were you finding in their other games? How can verticality in the dungeon maps be more shallow than those dungeons corridors they kept simplifying through each game? I get the whole issues regarding the rpg mechanics but fuck, we gotta create some perspective here regarding some of the features and opinions.
>>
>>318790521

>says he wants to start shooting preston when he leaves the vault
>cant bring himself to shoot raiders

top kek
>>
>>318784646
You mean a great sandbox, shit rpg and a shit shooter.
>>
>>318789914
Why the fuck isn't your hero screaming in terror at the violent roaches the size of dogs?
>>
>>318790303
I wish they'd done what they did in Fallout 3 and just had goody two shoes Brotherhood and class BoS style Outcasts, and had them fighting each other over the title or something.
At the very fucking least give me an Outcasts paintjob
>>
>>318790521

Why are you responding to him? What do you think you will accomplish?
>>
>>318790406
It doesn't have to be better than literally every other shooter to be a good shooter.
>>
>>318790689

He addressed it so calmly.
>>
very fun game
wish it was more clear about what the entire game entailed rather than "ill reroll 5 times to get the build i want because X or Y"

things like the faction system, i thought would be a simple couple quests for garvey, nope, like 60% of the map cleared later he was still churning out help settlement quests

had to reroll after like 2 days played because i felt like shit knowing i missed out on huge chunks of the game with better companions available

also finding out things about the game when ive played like 100+ hours , because shit wasnt explained well , kinda sucked. would have been nice to know all that shit upfront.
>>
>>318790721
It's worse then 80% of shooters though. Doom blows it out of the water
>>
9/10

Better than the niche garbage you like
Easy 10 when the mods come out
>>
>>318789743

This. People are just having a hard time finding merit anywhere else so they deem it a good shooter.
>>
>>318790721

How have you responded to all these comments and yet still failed to explain what you like about the shooting?
>>
File: 1448446568573.gif (2 MB, 247x194) Image search: [Google]
1448446568573.gif
2 MB, 247x194
>>318785889
>hack a terminal
>Valentine says Hey, I know a few things about terminals if you- Oh you already got it
I was pretty impressed, though he only did it once in the whole playthrough.
>>
>>318790069
Despite being mediocre, all of those games have miles better shooting on a basic level than Fallout 4(excepting Overwatch which I have not played). Or was that a joke?
>>
>>318789914
FO4 is an RPG-lite. You're not supposed to stop and question anything you do because it quite literally doesn't matter. You kill and kill and kill and the game will still call you a good person.
>>
>>318790592
So what? Do you shoot people who wear hoods without any reason to?

>>318790619
I didn't want my character to SHOOT Preston, but I of course tried to see if I could. I could not.
What if I was a psychopath character?
>>
>>318790593
> How can verticality in the dungeon maps be more shallow than those dungeons corridors they kept simplifying through each game?
By making the loot not worth it. Uniques are garbage in Fallout 4
>>
It's basically every Bethesda game after Morrowind.
It's really fun just to wander around, get gear, fill your house full of things and endlessly kill shit in a world that at least looks like it had a half-ass attempt at being believable. The game really falls flat on is questing and role playing. In fact, it doesn't even hit the ground because Bethesda continues to fall in the role playing and questing department because they keep removing shit from their previous games to make it "better" when we all know it's because Bethesda wants the game to be played and enjoyed by people with two digit IQs.

6/10, buy the GOTY edition on sale.
>>
>>318790914

It's the height of railroading. Why did I kill Kellogg? Why did I not pump him for information? Why did he kill my spouse in the first place?

Oh, the DM had this SUPER COOL idea for that memory set piece, and he was gonna make me sit through it whether I liked it or not. Got it.
>>
>>318790976
And the loot was always worth it in Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind? So we should abbandon verticality because of shitty loot tables all together?
>>
>power armor is vehicle-like gimmicky shit that needs energy cells to operate
Like, why Bethesda ? Just let me wear one without clunky movement/HUD alterations/head-bobbles, like in the good-old days
>>
>>318784487
Casual shit tbqhwu
>>
gunplay is better than in 3 and NV
world is nice and colorful
at least the npcs have personalities unlike the characters in 3

loot stagnates completely after a while
main story is the worst in the series
minimal player choice and stripped RPG elements
zero replayability

alright open world shooter
extremely weak rpg
>>
>>318790934
If said people were shooting at someone who was calling for help (and me if they happened to spot me), then yes, I would shoot those people.
>>
>>318791161
>Oblivion and Morrowind?
Usually it had some value and was vaguely unique
>Skyrim
Nigga this is Fallout Skyrim edition
>>
>>318791292
>main story is the worst in the series
Its way better than 3
>>
Boring.

I stopped playing the game about 9 hours in when I got deep into a cave and worked out that it would take me about 5 minutes to leave. And I just thought; is there anything I can do in this game that would make 5 minutes of boring shit worthwhile?

And then I turned the game off and never went back to it.
>>
>>318787852
Shame Rippers are shit though.
>>
>>318791298

You understand that the idea of roleplaying is to play the role of someone who might not be identical to you, yes?
>>
>>318790756
I'm glad they gave us voices so they can give us such a vibrant interesting protag. He's like Geralt on steroid in terms of deepness
>>
>>318784487
Exploration and gunplay is good, variety and RPG elements are bad, storyline is linear, options are linear.

It's a good game, but if you were expecting a good RPG you'll be sorely disappointed.

Also it's fairly lazily made, most of it is just copy paste from skyrim, even the enemies. Hell most of the raider dialogue is directly ripped from skyrim bandit dialogue word for word with the same voice acting.
>>
>>318790976
This is one of my biggest complaints with the game. Legendary weapons are boring and get thrown at you all the time, Uniques are just legendaries with a special name, and crafting makes everything... too viable, if that makes sense.
There's no reason whatsoever to look for loot, and when the quests aren't any good either you end up exploring just for completionism's sake.
>>
In terms of gameplay it's a step in the right direction, but on the other hand is a terrible RPG

Overall, 6/10
>>
>>318784487
Has good systems in place but they all feel underdeveloped and underwhelming. Locations feel too similar with uninteresting or missing lore. Exploration and reward feels fucked with the crafting system,legendary attributes, and lack of meaningful loot. Quests are linear with little to no deviation. Resolution for them ultimately the same and impact feels weak. Cannot personalize player character due to limited role playing elements. NPC in the world are bland with few exceptions.

Man im so close to finishing it but cant stand playing for more than 1 or 2 quest at a time. Probably just gonna go with minuteman since its player faction.
>>
>>318791471
Since when was Fallout out about role playing. I'm glad Bethesda left that gay Dnd shit for nerds
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.