[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was messing around on SSB: 3DS and I think I might have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: samus u-tilt.png (168 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
samus u-tilt.png
168 KB, 400x240
So I was messing around on SSB: 3DS and I think I might have discovered some decent options for Samus, but I'm not sure how effective they really are.
If you hit your u-tilt while your opponent is grounded (I also think you have to sweet-spot with your heel) and launch them enough, it acts as a meteor.
If they don't tech this, if they're at a moderate amount of percent, you can hit them with a f-air, jump -> charge-shot, n-air, or u-smash if they're positioned properly. If they're at a high enough percent, you can do a double jump -> u-special for a KO off of the top of the screen. It doesn't seem like this kill set-up is avoidable if you land the meteor from the u-tilt and it's unteched.

If they do tech, it seems like it's pretty easy to follow up with another tilt (like d-tilt).
I'm not certain about any of this. I know this probably wouldn't significantly change her position competitively, but it might give her some easier damage and kill options.
>>
File: 4656.png (296 KB, 800x802) Image search: [Google]
4656.png
296 KB, 800x802
>>318783349
I found a better option for Samus. Remove the mask and get out of the suit for superior ability.
>>
>>318783793
Can we please talk about regular Samus and whether these options work?
Everyone knows that ZSS has paralyzer pistol -> follow-up or d-throw into aerial(s).
>>
I'm pretty sure people know about this already but I appreciate your enthusiasm
>>
>>318784628
Thanks.
I watch a good deal of tournaments, but nobody seems to play Samus (because she really is pretty bad). I just accidentally discovered this.
I feel like she'd be usable by someone who was determined enough, but she'd be worthless against someone like Sheik.
>>
>>318784286
Samus isn't an option in the first place. ZSS or bust. And bust.
>>
>>318785283
This is why people hate Smash players.
I'm not talking about ZeRo-level competitive play.
And, thinking the way you do, ZSS isn't an option. Sheik is the only one.
>>
>>318785593
I don't play on a competitive level either, wise guy, and hell, Samus is one of my mains. But there's no denying that she's balls against anybody with a lick of competence. Not too fast, slow faller, unreliable Smash attacks, throws that can't combo reliably after 30%, throws that can't kill until around 200%, ect ect. The best Samus has going for her is baiting an air dodge and punishing. That's no way to live!

Again, take off the suit and go zero. It's the best option for Sammy.
>>
>>318786071
I thought we established that she had kill options off u-tilt.
If you abuse that, you don't need throws.
Also, I'd rather play Pikachu than ZSS.
>>
>>318783349

a low percent pop-up with uptilt and then an Up smash does really good damage.
>>
>>318787298
Good to know
>>
I found a really good string for Samus

Play Project M because Lyn, Knuckles, Issac, and Sami were released and we now have all the mod tools to import the rest of the Tr4sh roster.
>>
Utilt is a really nice combo option and links into a bunch of different stuff, even a jablock using the weak missile at low %, but good luck hitting a utilt on a competent player.
>>
>>318788959
Thanks, but I'm more interested in SSB4 since it's what my friends play.
>>
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't zair link into charged shot if sweetspotted?
>>
File: 4c3.jpg (11 KB, 225x237) Image search: [Google]
4c3.jpg
11 KB, 225x237
>>318788959
>importing Shulk
>importing Robin
>importing Palutena
>with all their shit 100% intact
Yeah okay.
Graphics still look like hot garbage to boot.
>>
>>318789773
I think it does. I'd have to test it.
>>
>>318788959
No one's actually going to import shit. At the very best Knuckles and Lyn are going to be finished. Knuckles is pretty much done and Lyn just needs some balancing since her tilts are complete garbage.

Isaac is hot garbage, maybe someone can salvage him but he's so unfinished he might as well be cut. Sami is literally just a Snake reskin right now.
>>
>>318790470

>MUH GRAFIX :'(

If you care that much, just play it on PC. Dolphin can play at 60+ FPS, with HQ skins and Anti aliasing.

wait, you spent your money on a wii u, nvm :^)
>>
>>318792858
I kno man, Xenoblade tomorrow, I'm so pumped. I'll make sure to beta test it well for you. :^)
>>
>>318788959
>Play Project M because Lyn, Knuckles, Issac, and Sami were released

Sami wasn't released at all, Isaac is like 10% done, Lyn shares a fuckton of animations with the FE characters

big whoop
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.