[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KF2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Mr. Foster.jpg (79 KB, 1024x585) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Foster.jpg
79 KB, 1024x585
New KF2 update and gunslinger perk are finally live.
>>
Great! I can't wait to spend 60$ on keys so I can have a chance to unlock some really awesome skins for my guns!

I sure am glad tripwire didn't become a completely jew company like Valve and Overkill did!

It's not like I miss the days when I could just buy a game, and have the whole game from the start! Honest!

Killing Floor is shit. Fuck off.
>>
kill yourself op. KF2 is SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>318775072
Or you could just ignore the market aspect and not spend a penny for cosmetics that wouldn't even be released if not for the market funding them. :^)
>>
Please don't tell me German Gas Mask is paid item.
>>
>>318775216
>Implying it isn't going to become filled with weapon DLC in just a few months.

It's like you never played the first game and do not possess the power to think towards the future!
>>
>>318775357
>Implying weapon DLC wouldn't have been released if the market never happened.

They're two separate problems, friend. The market has nothing to do with Tripwire jewing people with p2w weapon packs. Care to give me an actual, legitimate reason that isn't entirely based on the slipper slope fallacy as to why the market is bad, assuming it really is one hundred percent cosmetic?
>>
>>318775691
>slipper slope fallacy

Why is it called a fallacy anyways? Arent there like a million examples of slippery slop?

From War on terror spreading, to DLC infecting every game, to xp and unlocks infecting every game, to Spying programs being abused more and more, and a million other examples. Yet people always call it a fallacy, dafuq?
>>
>>318775691
I'm not big on fallacies, but tripwire are hardly a trustworthy group.

I recall them stating that, for the original game, they said that they would never make and release non cosmetic weapons for Killing Floor 1, and then when the DLC packs came out, they justified it by saying "WE didn't make them, the COMMUNITY did!"

Which is bullshit if you ask me.
>>
>>318775928
Because you can't say that something is bad based on what might possibly come after it.

Gay marriage, for example. Someone might use teh slippery slope to think "What next? Bestiality becomes legal?" but that's not a legitimate argument for why gay marriage should be illegal. When bestiality comes up, you have to say why that is bad. Bestiality being bad has nothing to do with gay marriage just because you think that maybe the slippery slope will be at work there. You have to say why gay marriage on its own is bad in order to have a legitimate argument against it.
>>
>>318776213
>Because you can't say that something is bad based on what might possibly come after it.

I dont know, I dont really buy that argument. I can see why in a formal debate setting where faggots are moderating the argument that might be true, but theres like a million past examples of similar things happening in video games. And I really hate how people would scream fallacy at me and then what I said eventually comes true. Especially with the government spying bullshit over the past years.
>>
>>318776194
Oh absolutely. tripwire just got lucky with KF1 being a hit. They're not a very good company, but the game is still moderately fun despite all their shit. I can live with a market as long as it honestly is one hundred percent cosmetic like Dota or TF2. Overkill gets zero slack because they added stats to the skins, however.
>>
>>318776736
You're missing the point. If and when they add stats to weapons you have to pay for, then you have to explain why that is bad on its own merits. Purely cosmetic skins aren't bad because they might make it p2w later. What if they never make it p2w? Are cosmetics still bad?
>>
>>318777151

Well I think paid cosmetics are always bad. They are gay as fuck for one. And they tend to detract from games a lot. For instance in CSGO they have those faggot weapon skins. A downside people dont often talk about is modding. In CS and CSS you could mod your weapons to look however the fuck you wanted them to. Now you have to pay for that privileged and youd get banned for modding your game in the same manner.

Also I can totally see how someone would think if people started pouring money into the new market, whatever its called, Tripwire or other game companies would start getting greedier and greedier. I mean you see it happen ALLL the time with MMOs and F2P games. They add some little cosmetic microtransaction shit and over the years it gets worse and worse.
>>
File: GIGANIGA.jpg (57 KB, 600x823) Image search: [Google]
GIGANIGA.jpg
57 KB, 600x823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2CUSfoDbg4

Update trailer is pretty neat. Patriarch is roided up.
>>
I fucking hate this shit /v/ german references everywhere in every fucking new game.

"Jäegerhorn"

when this shit became cool??
>>
>>318780080
Jäegerhorn is kekshedistanian not german
>>
>>318775928
it already happened in KF1, it's going to happen again
>>
File: 1447052229623.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447052229623.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>berserker nerfed
>medic nerfed
>sword nerfed

Excellent. And I say that as a berserker.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.