[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Save data is corrupted What was her name /v/? How did it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1447276401295.jpg (52 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1447276401295.jpg
52 KB, 600x338
>Save data is corrupted
What was her name /v/?
How did it happen?

Bloodborne. PS4 froze. Literally minutes after beating Lady Maria and using the Celestial Dial. Awesome game but definitely never playing it again now.
>>
File: otra.png (11 KB, 156x152) Image search: [Google]
otra.png
11 KB, 156x152
Pokemon Gold. 251 Pokemon from my early teen years all gone. Battery failure hurts mang.
>>
Literally any pokemon game
>>
File: 1246539000140.png (375 KB, 474x345) Image search: [Google]
1246539000140.png
375 KB, 474x345
The first time this happened to me I didn't understand, and it was sad. It was Legend of Dragoon on the PS1. I was on the 4th disc. Almost done with the game, and then it was just all gone.
>>
>>318774485

>not backing up your saves on a flash drive

Why don't people do this? Especially on these games that autosave all the time to the same slot.
>>
>>318774485
star wars the force unleashed accidentally deleted my save game way into the game and couldn't bother restarting.
>>
Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue. Twice. In the same spot. The game crashes right as it's auto-saving, and there's no manual saving either, so I couldn't retrieve anything.
>>
Final Fantasy Tactics. Happened to me THREE different times, always on the final chapter. Even used a different memory card the third time and it still happened.

It's the reason why I've never actually finished it.
>>
Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox. Game soft-locked in dialogue after the fucking final boss and I never got to see the ending
>>
>>318774485
I can't think of anything I've ever lost a save of. Only thing close is a SNES battery running out but those are from so long ago I didn't even care.
>>
>>318774485
Thief: Deadly Shadows. The power went out as I was saving, and it corrupted. I lost about an hour and a half of progress from my previous save, so I edited the .ini file to cheat so I could quickly get back to where I was.

Most of the progress lost was going to the various shops to pawn loot and buy gear, because the overworld is fucking garbage.
>>
>>318776297
both of the unleashed games are easy though
>>
>>318774485
Links awakening.

I was like 99% finished, too.

No idea what happened. Turned it on one day and the save file was gone. I have no siblings. Never finished it.
>>
>>318774485
None corrupted. I've had saves overwritten by people though

>tfw your niece erased 200% SMW twice
>and 151 pokemon red
>>
Rune Factory 4. I cleared parts 1 and 2 and was about to marry Dolce. Then the game crashed and I lost my save and my backup was all the way back at the start of the Autumn area.
I can't go on when I think about all the time I have to spend crafting again.
>>
>>318776252
Some games have locked saves that you can't copy. At least all Souls games prior to BB used it so I assume it's the same with it too.
>>
>>318774485
What game is this?
>>
>>318779854
Yakuza 4
>>
>>318779902
Sweet, thanks.
>>
>>318774485
why? you already have the skills you gained up to that point. Souls games are pretty easy once you get the hang of them.
>>
File: 1437464277379.png (261 KB, 672x814) Image search: [Google]
1437464277379.png
261 KB, 672x814
MGS 3. Right after beating Shagohod. I was using emulator and...shit. I can't do this. It's too much painful.
>>
>>318776128
Pre gen 3.
Beyond that all you have to do is stop fucking up your shit.
>>
I've lost save data to dozens of games over the years, usually through reformatting. When my launch 60GB PS3 died I lost some cool saved games though.

Be a man and replay that shit.
>>
Most recently? MGSV, i Updated at 51% and it went to 0. Never played again

Back in the day my worst corruption of all time was a near 100% X-2
>>
>>318774485
Fallout 4
I went to start a new game with the same characters and all of my saves except the lastest 20 or so had been corrupted
I'm also having this problem where my latest save will be corrupted upon starting the game. I save a lot but I see how this could easily ruin someone's game
>>
>>318774485
An entire Gamecube memory card died and with it all my saves, Melee, TTYD, RE4, etc.
Animal Crossing was the only one that would have killed me to lose but that was on the separate mem card the game came with. All the games I lost I wound up completing again shortly after. Sometimes I even forget that it happened.
>>
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

I lost the cartridge for it while on a vacation with my family. I bought a new one when I got home and it formatted my save data.
I had over 300 hours on that save.
>>
tactics ogre luct on psp
had a completed save and everything.
Even my backup saves somehow corrupted
>>
>>318774485
Xenoblade 60 hours in.

I managed to find a save that was about where I was before, but it just wasn't the same using someone else's save.
>>
Strange Journey. I was right at the final boss of the Neutral route and then next time I turned on the game, my data was gone
>>
SotN. Die a few times to boss. Quickly try to reload out is frustration and skip the cutscenes. Don't pay attention and somehow accidentally delete my save.
>>
>>318776229

Holy fucking shit man. Just missed one of the best parts. I replay LoD every two or three years. You should pick it back up once you get some spare time.
>>
>>318779753
you can copy BB saves to flash or cloud storage

this is how people save scum good gem drops from layer 3-4 bosses
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.