[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2 015-12-03-total-war-deve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: shekkels pls.jpg (750 KB, 957x2532) Image search: [Google]
shekkels pls.jpg
750 KB, 957x2532
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-03-total-war-developer-disheartened-by-pre-order-dlc-reaction

>oyy vey the goyim doesn't want to pay
>>
>>318773239
I like how he's implying that their costumers are entitled.
The greed of modern devs knows no bounds.
>>
>>318773239
Wait wait so is he saying that they put it in to get more money to then make it into a dlc for everyone later on...and then just says that if they didn't add it it would be a dlc...later on???
>>
>>318774207
Don't think about it goy and prepare your wallet and anus.
>>
>Waaaah the player is so entitled, he refuses to buy this DLC that we announced 6 months before the game was even out

>before we hardly even had gameplay trailers out

>why were they so angry :(
>>
>>318773239
Shut the fuck up goy and buy my DLC. Warhammer is deep rather than wide thing of all the skeletons we have to make and animate.
>>
>>318773239
"Gamers" are going to eat this shit anyway
>>
>Empire was shit
>Napoleon was just an updated Empire
>Shogun II was alright but had no variety
>Rome II was shit
>Didn't even bother with Atilla
Tbh Rome and Medieval 2 are the only TW games for me, memehammer a shit anyway.
>>
>>318775514
Attila is actually really good
>>
>>318773239
>developers can easily wait a few months to announce dlc and pretend they've been working on it all this time
>choose to reveal it early.

Why?
>>
>>318775514
RTW is a meme game play the original medieval
>>
No Ungols, No Kislev, no buy.
>>
File: crocodiletears.jpg (26 KB, 275x360) Image search: [Google]
crocodiletears.jpg
26 KB, 275x360
oh man, you'd think IGN would be the first to defend these greedy skunkfuck
>>
>>318775664
>#HYPE
>>
File: 1448834542298.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448834542298.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>preorded rome 2
>avoided atilla
>MFW pirating TW:warhammer
>>
>It's their decision whether to purchase now or in the future

"They'll end up buying it anyway"
>>
>>318773239
I guess that's the future of the industry. Cautious consumers will be punished for hesitating to buy the cat in the bag and developers seriously don't understand that they'll lose sales for such behaviour. Who keeps telling these people that this shit will fly forever?
>>
>purchase X and get Y for FREE
Oh America
>>
File: 1435221447707.gif (1000 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1435221447707.gif
1000 KB, 500x278
>>318773239

Dont worry i already preorder my copy from the pirate bay.
>>
We're talking about a company who sells blood and gore as paid DLC, does this shit really surprise people?
>>
File: 1448972563792.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1448972563792.png
444 KB, 800x600
>implying PC'ucks care about the hard work of developers
>implying PC'ucks don't just pirate everything or wait for a <$5 sale

I wouldn't be surprised if this went to consoles in the future. Console users actually care about supporting quality devs, and are more receptive to good titles.

There's a reason so many devs are doing late, half-assed PC ports, if they even do them at all. You treat devs like shit, they treat you like shit. PC players are irrelevant to most publishers.
>>
>>318776808
>devs fuck their customers with DRM and DLC
>apologists still defend them
wew lad
>>
>>318776808
>implying we like being lubed up
>>
>>318776808
Dont worry when all devs move to consoles il personally buy one just to pirate on it too.
>>
>>318776808
you know nothing about gaming and what sells where and in what numbers.. pls educate yourself or shut up
>>
>>318776808
yeah they're almost as bad as car-keks who buy cars used

why don't they think about those poor car manufacturers?
>>
JUST BECAUSE YOU'VE PAID FOR A WHOLE PRODUCT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE ENTITLED TO ONE!
>>
>>318776808

Console users, playing total war. HAHAHAHA

Seriously, if they can't make money out of Total War anymore fairly may as well just call it a day and go make a FPS
>>
>>318776319
It's true though. I don't know what percentage of consumers don't give a fuck about this type of thing at all and simply buy shit without considering it, nor do I know the amount of people that bitch about it and then end up buying the game later anyway, but I do know that there enough of both of these types of people for it to be a profitable enterprise, as is demonstrated routinely in the current market.

They WILL buy it anyway. That's the problem. The market (every entertainment market, not just videogames) is full of people who will "buy it anyway".
>>
>>318775514
Attila is actually pretty fucking good, but it's basically just Napoleon all over again except for Rome 2. And it makes me want Medieval 3, but I know they would fuck it up.
>>
The hilarious part about that article is actually right there at the end.

>It all comes down to trust.
>Eurogamer...will be in a position to review and talk about the game ahead of launch. The embargo, we've been told, will lift prior to the game's release date.

So right here, the whole article prior to this sentence becomes a waste of time. They ALREADY KNOW exactly why everyone is pissed. They clearly know exactly what the cure would be. But they have to play the marketing game. "Just trust them, guys! They MIGHT let us talk about the game before you lose the ability to get the DLC (which should be part of the game) for free, so if you're lucky you MIGHT not have to pay extra for it because you waited to see if the game was good or not."

They are so clearly just a fucking marketing puppet here, that there might as well be a big ADVERTISEMENT label on the top of the article.

Also, look at the fucking face of that retarded 18 year old writer. Holy fuck.
>>
>>318774207

>we didn't have the resources to do this within the main game
>we wanted them to be the bosses of the game
>available day one
>>
>>318779247
If 40,000 people dislike the video announcing the DLC, it's safe to assume that's 40,000 people not buying it.

For a niche game like Total War, that's a pretty devastating number. These aren't games like Fallout where even though it's dogshit, millions and millions of people will buy it.
>>
>>318780350
>it's safe to assume that's 40,000 people not buying it.
Nope
>>
File: cheapgamesneo.png (414 KB, 1788x1414) Image search: [Google]
cheapgamesneo.png
414 KB, 1788x1414
>>
>>318780350
>it's safe to assume that's 40,000 people not buying it.
Hahahahahaha thats the most retarded thing I have heard the whole year, how does it feel to be turbo stupid buddy??
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.