[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a game that got settlement building as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: geg.jpg (107 KB, 878x450) Image search: [Google]
geg.jpg
107 KB, 878x450
Has there ever been a game that got settlement building as a supplement and boosting to dungeon crawling correct? Its always seemed so superflous in pic related
>>
>>318756772
Dark Chronicles
>>
>>318756772
what >>318757071 means is Dark Cloud 1+2
>>
>>318756772
Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>318757418
Thats the whole game though, no real action part to dwarf fortress
>>
>>318756772
can you even build decent looking shit in Fo4?
>>
>>318757649
The terrain is uneven so you keep building shit that's floating over parts of ground
>>
>>318757526
>what is roguelike mode
>>
Not exactly building but you can buy and own houses/businesses/farms in elona while raiding dungeons
>>
Mod to flatten terrain and clean up debris when?
>>
Xcom
>>
>>318757526
Dorf Fort almost has it all though
>>
>>318759592
This.
Oh my dear god, this.
>>
Dark Cloud was this exactly
>>
>>318759592
> and clean up debris when?
already.
nexusmods com/fallout4/mods/3184/?
>>
Act Raiser
>>
>>318756772
there was hinterland, but it wasnt the best game ever, but essentially it was what you described.

build a settlement, attract new workers, and then go out and adventure with yourself and some of your villagers and bring loot/new resources back home.
>>
I've got such good memories of Dark Cloud. Played the intro of Dark Chronicle and then said fuck that so I don't really know how it turned out. Shame I can't play them these days.
>>
File: commieblock.jpg (238 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
commieblock.jpg
238 KB, 1440x900
>>318757649
Not until modkit is out.
>>
How's Dark Cloud 2?
I've only ever played the first (and loved it.)
All the beautiful peaceful villages that you're piecing together bit by bit while listening to the requests of the villagers to get a 100% rating. Shit was fucking radical.
Weapon system was cool as tits too.
Fuck the ally stuff though.
>>
>>318763714
Fun, but slightly different, since the combat and building mechanics have been updated a bit.

Instead of finding one-off stuff in geostones, you'll find blueprints for items which you can build multiple of afterwards, so you have a lot more customization options for areas. Most of the ratings stuff comes from satisfying certain building/villager conditions again, just in a slightly different way.

Ally stuff is fixed since you only have two main characters, each with their own sub-character stuff (Monster transformations and a customizable robot). It's great.
>>
>>318764239
>customizable robot
I'm in.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.