[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT post shit that triggers you.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13
File: The_Oculus_loading_screen.jpg (278 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
The_Oculus_loading_screen.jpg
278 KB, 1024x768
ITT post shit that triggers you.
>>
I can't believe people were such babies about that dungeon. Even before it scaling to gear, it wasn't hard.
>>
>>318756728
I cant believe people on /v/ still don't know the difference between tedious and hard. It just wasn't fun.
>>
>>318756554

what does trigger mean?
>>
>>318756728
It was hard when you got a group of retards, which happens every time
>>
>>318756728
It wasn't hard but you had these factors to consider:

1. It was longer than any other 5 man
2. It was more involved than every other 5 man, all of which were AoE speedruns, and ruined the comfiness of your grinding when it popped up
3. If you had a shitter in the group it was nigh impossible to explain the mechanics to them because if they can't learn their class, how the fuck are they going to learn additional shit on top of that?
>>
File: great lvl up.webm (3 MB, 720x541) Image search: [Google]
great lvl up.webm
3 MB, 720x541
>>
File: 1424894448857.jpg (68 KB, 500x742) Image search: [Google]
1424894448857.jpg
68 KB, 500x742
>>318756728
>tfw really liked Oculus
>hardly ever got to do it
>>
oculus was great, people were just too retarded to do it
>>
>>318757146
Well, we are talking about WoW during its fall into ultimate casual tier. Can't just drop an aoe on it and it's suddenly the hardest thing in the game.
>>
File: 1417476558959.png (195 KB, 472x670) Image search: [Google]
1417476558959.png
195 KB, 472x670
>>318757093
START+B+X
>>
>>318757019
holy fuck this dungeon takes longer than average and i have to use my fucking brain 0/10 shitty game shitty dungeon
>>
>>318756728

I remember everytime you entered it via LFG, everyone left immediately forcing a 15 minute lockout for you on LFG.

I gladly took the 15minute debuff over running through that shithole.
>>
>>318757610
>Game makes you run through the same dungeons for months on end
>The ones with shitty gimmick mechanics that take longer and the fun of the gimmick wears off after the 5th run end up being hated

What a scoop.
>>
>>318756990
>>318757019
>>318757146
>>318757610

>A shitty hitbox and bad flight mechanics yes more please!!! Oh and shitty dragon spells that replace the ones on my character, oh thank you based blizzard deputy sensei! Best dungeon ever 10/10.

I swear any thing that can be slightly considered "challenge" will be praised out the ass on /v/ even if it's just shitty design that no one should like. The dungeon was shit you aren't a special snowflake for liking it, you're a moron that likes crap.
>>
>>318756554
This thread needs Chomp
>>
>>318756554
You mean because half the party insta-left?
>>
>>318757968
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>318756554
I'm more upset about WotLK "heroics" in general being completely trivial since day 1. Oculus, even though it was annoying to do (similar to Halls of Stone, Violet Hold and Culling of Stratholme) didn't annoy me nearly as much as 5-man content being worthless.

To be fair, the original Gotta Go! achievement was neat but its difficulty was clearly an accident (and indeed, Blizz quickly nerfed it to something that you'd be hard-pressed to fail, while making the boss more annoying to do because you could no longer skip phases).
>>
>i am too retarded to do a short piss easy dungeon because i cannot handle a vehicle with THREE BUTTONS
>>
>>318757019
Heroic only took 25 minutes with 3 people who knew what to do. The only tedious part of the dungeon was the mobs that would constantly CC you before you got to the mounts.
>>
>>318757968
> even if it's just shitty design that no one should like.
Vanilla in a nutshell.

>>318758474
The trouble comes from idiots. Even in MoP I ended up wiping there just because people had no clue what the fuck the abilities did or didn't pick proper drakes even after I instructed how to fucking do it properly they proceeded to spam 1 at best and dying.
>>
File: this shit is bananas.gif (500 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
this shit is bananas.gif
500 KB, 500x250
>>318758575
>25 minutes
>Could roll through UK twice in that time
>>
>>318756728
This. Fucking plebs not being able to rofl aoe everything because wow got so casual friendly
>>
>>318756554
I really liked it. It was cool to mount dragons/drakes/whatevertheyare and kill things.
>>
>>318758714
No you couldnt.
>>
>>318756554
I kinda liked it.
Then again, I always played with a closed group of friends.
>>
>>318756554
>>318756885
>>318757814
>>318757968
>>318758714
Faggots like this is the reason wow died. RIP in peace.
>>
>>318759274
You mean grinding items becoming more important than solving encounters? Yeah.

>>318759119
>Then again, I always played with a closed group of friends.
3 friends, 1 random dude (obviously a DD). Best case scenario.
>>
>>318759274
WoW died because they turned dungeons into piss easy aoe fiestas.
>>
>>318759964
I think that's more or less what he meant.
>>
>>318756554
I really love how Oculus looked. Sure it was long, and not everyone liked the dragon mechanics, but in terms of aesthetics, it is one of my favorite dungeons.
>>
>>318759964
>It was so hardcore when we had to sheep one monster!
>>
>>318764563
Using CCs and a good focus was indeed more interesting than mindlessly spamming AoEs, yes. It made group composition matters. Fuck you for making me reply to obvious bait.

>barely any priest for karazhan
>two (2) fury war for magisters' terrace
>>
Culling of Stratholme was worse.

My friends and I cleared Occulus so fast it was stupid.
>>
>>318765207
Yes I just loved when shit would break from AoE which already made the limited ability pool even more limited :-)

> It made group composition matters.
Stop being so delusional.
>>
File: Pit_of_Saron_loading_screen.jpg (710 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Pit_of_Saron_loading_screen.jpg
710 KB, 1024x768
>>318756554
EVERYONE JUST EXPLODES TO PIECES AND I CANT DO SHIT ABOUT IT GEEZUX
>>
>>318765708
WAIT! THERE IS MORE!
>>
File: Assram.jpg (54 KB, 372x248) Image search: [Google]
Assram.jpg
54 KB, 372x248
I have to wait a few days after the weekly conquest reset because the Alliance fucks us in the ass until we can get a winning group going
>>
>>318765873
>queue ashran
>get in
>group have 2 healers
>quit
>next group has 3 healers
>quit
>next group has 1

seriously fuck that shit

alliance with 7-8 healers and an spriest with AA every fucking time
>>
>>318766068

That's just how it goes, and if we somehow get AA it's always a Rogue that ran off to find it and dies on the way back and the Alliance just gives it to their highest iLvl Boomkin or Spriest and we have no chance
>>
>>318764563
Now WHY did you tend to CC mobs? Because they hit very hard or had abilities that are otherwise difficult to deal with. Because the alternative to CCing the mobs would be really good coordination in interrupting the abilities, bursting tough mobs down and generally making and surviving big numbers. And some TBC heroic pulls were really tough even if you had a CC-stacked group (be it dual-Sentinels in Arcatratz, Durnholde Sentries or Legionnaire packs in Shattered Halls).

>Yes I just loved when shit would break from AoE which already made the limited ability pool even more limited :-)
Suppose your party handled the pull properly such that CC targets weren't in cleave range? Same with your own positioning (move to the side of the mob that is further away from the CCd mob before using whirlwind or consecration or whatever). It might be something a wrathbabby like you might not have heard of but coordination of pulls actually is a skill in WoW.

Indeed, because the heroics (some vanilla dungeons also required careful pulls but they never were tough in terms of numbers so I'm talking about TBC) weren't faceroll tuned, you actually had to utilize a larger part of your ability toolkit. Besides Polymorph (or Freezing Trap+Distracting Shot into a new Freezing Trap, Succubus seduction, Fear and emergency Curse of Recklessness, Distract and Sap etc.), you also had to be on-point with interrupts and dispels, things like disarming mobs actually was a thing, and events like tank death and overaggro were a realistic issues, which would yet again open up new tactics you might need to utilize, like kiting loose mobs or DPS warriors taunting mobs.
>>
File: HoR.jpg (80 KB, 954x636) Image search: [Google]
HoR.jpg
80 KB, 954x636
>>318765846
STOP FREEZING TO DEATH!
>>
>>318767251
>trying to educate vegetables
Anon.
>>
>>318767251
Nobody ran Shattered Halls too much before they could breeze through the 20 min runs. Arcatraz was literally something nobody fucking did.

>wrathbabby
I love this meme.

The fact that there was no DoT removal in TBC or Vanilla made CCing even more tedious if shit got bad.

>you actually had to utilize a larger part of your ability toolkit.
Yes, the 1-2 rotations sure got tough when you had to add a single ability on top of that. I was LITERALLY shitting my pants at the need for me to push *3* buttons! Of which one was used once in a blue moon!

>you also had to be on-point with interrupts and dispels
These mechanics have been used even after it became "aoe waawaa".

Face it pal, it wasn't NEARLY as complex as you make it out to be nor was it really that hard. In fact, the hardest parts of the dungeons in TBC was hoping that the faggots wouldn't fear you and noclip you through the walls to your death or people actually surviving the shitty mind control ogre boss.

By and large the heroics were a breeze with but a few exception.
>>
File: The_Lyceum.jpg (70 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
The_Lyceum.jpg
70 KB, 800x600
This room in vanilla, reaching it after 3 hours of clearing BRD.
>>
>>318756554
pretty easy desu senpai
>>
>queue for oculus as tank
>as soon as everybody's inside, say "FUCK, not oculus" and leave
:^)
>>
>>
>>318768349

I did that and felt really dirty
>>
>>318768260
>spending all night clearing BRD
Shit was cash
>>
File: 1449094971063.jpg (194 KB, 1024x1433) Image search: [Google]
1449094971063.jpg
194 KB, 1024x1433
>nothing to do at 100 aside from do the quests you skipped and queue HFC forever
>Gave the lore the Stopman treatment
>Garrisons hurting the already-crippled massively-multiplayer aspect of the game
>>
>>318768235
>Nobody ran Shattered Halls
To large extent this is because they wouldn't have been able to because they were too difficult for groups of randoms even after the nerfs. And while they still were in their pre-nerf state, you also HAD to do them (those two specifically) for TK attunement.

>no DoT removal
Or alternatively, good coordination within the group was more important. And let's suppose shit hits the fan, some DoTs a mob that wasn't supposed to be dotted? Well, now you have to deal with a loose mob which is non-trivial due to absence of ranged taunts and mobs generally being so unthreatening you only really have a tank for the sake of convenience rather than need.

>Yes, the 1-2 rotations sure got tough
While it's true the number of single target "rotation" buttons tends to have increased on average (and more buttons tends to make the rotation feel more involved), 5-man content until you overgear it so heavily it's tank and spank isn't just following single target "rotation" and in terms of difficulty it's almost inconsequential because that's what you do for hundreds of hours and it'll go to your muscle memory (a veteran player should be able execute it almost perfectly, regardless of if there's 1 or 14 buttons - 1-button spec of course defaults to 100% performance but even for specs like WotLK enhancement shamans the realistic differences between players range from some 98% to 100% as even reverse priority queue is ~90% DPS of perfect performance). Indeed, it's the usage of non-obvious abilities that separates wheat from the chaff (in addition to skills like minimizing movement, stacking cooldowns, optimal target switches and such like), not how well they execute their rotations/priority queues.
>>
>>318770932
>These mechanics have been used even after it became "aoe waawaa".
Mostly because you could, not because there was a realistic risk of someone dying. I can barely think of mechanics that actually matter from WotLK release heroics. Some kinda require you to do something but you can completely half-ass them because they're not ultimately that threatening after all (for example, Loken's Lightning Nova, even with blue gear, requires you to move a couple of yards unless you have one of the bazillion abilities like AMS that negate it anyway and with Naxx25 gear everyone already has enough health to survive it at any range, which removes any need to do anything at all to deal with the mechanic, making it completely inconsequential for 90% of the expansion).

>By and large the heroics were a breeze with but a few exception.
They (the most difficult ones in particular) received significant nerfs throughout the expansion and of course indirect nerfs from gear or scrubs just going in with outrageously stacked group (like 3xCC for Shattered Halls).

Of course, there's a question if anything in WoW is "truly" difficult, but even with 10k+ extra hours of WoW know-how under my belt compared to TBC launch, having done pre-nerf heroics recently on Corecraft's test server, even the ones that typically were considered "easy" (like Slave Pens) actually require you to, you know, care and do stuff.
>>
>>318757919
>>318757968

Let's get some examples of dungeons you liked and why. What made them better? Every 5man I've ever done seems functionally identical.
>>
>>318771470
A dungeon I can stomp through in 5 minutes by slamming my head on the keyboard
>>
>>318771470

Dungeons which are simple enough to clear but keep you in good practice for raid mechanics, like that zombie troll shithole in Wrath.
>>
File: blackrock depths.jpg (94 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
blackrock depths.jpg
94 KB, 800x600
>vanilla
>always have one legitimate retard in the group
>everyone in the group has separate agendas that take them to different parts of the instance
>might get an hour into the instance before someone has to leave for dinner or something
>by then respawns are probably at the beginning of the instance so unless the new group member is a rogue or druid, or you have a warlock on hand, you're fucked
>>
>>318771857
don't be retarded then and organize before starting the dungeon, get everyone on the same page, communicate, do it with your guild... it promotes communication and community... removing all of that just makes it a shallow unimpressive experience, which is why people are quitting left and right
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.