[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Yhnarnam is the home of blood ministration >You need only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: BB_KyeArt_A_257295_14023645371.jpg (2 MB, 3533x2118) Image search: [Google]
BB_KyeArt_A_257295_14023645371.jpg
2 MB, 3533x2118
>Yhnarnam is the home of blood ministration
>You need only unravel its mystery
>[You need to buy the DLC to unravel the mystery behind the blood]

FUCKING ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY BULLSHIT
>>
Is the blood from an old god werewolf?
>>
Just started the game recently; beat the first 2 bosses.

Is there going to be another area like central yharnam where I can just farm blood echos with ease?

I've just been throwing stats in Strength and Vitality. Is endurace even worth throwing points into? seems like enough as-is. What about the other stats?

Ive heard the first 2 bosses are actually more difficult than a good number of the later bosses in the game, this true?
>>
>>318756305

>[You need to buy the DLC to unravel the mystery behind the blood]

Except the secret is the Healing Church and Paleblood.
>>
>>318756305

What was the secret?

Ayylmaos?

The curch evildoings?

That beasts still retain their humanity?

That the Moon Presence and Kos where behind it all?

That it was all a dream?
>>
>>318758490
The first two bosses were pretty easy for me, but the third boss has been giving me lots of trouble, so I dunno.
>>
>>318758490
>Is endurace even worth throwing points into?
Nah, you can easily get by with minimal endurance, the other stats depend on what weapons you want to use.
>Ive heard the first 2 bosses are actually more difficult than a good number of the later bosses in the game, this true?
It wasn't for me but I guess they can be simply because you have to get used to the new playstyle.
>>
>>318758490
Father is one of the more difficult bosses, yes. Most other Hunters are very strong, you'll find some non boss ones later.

There are plenty of great farming areas for echoes. Vials and bullets, not so much.

I like endurance a lot but I'm no mimaxer
>>
File: 1441577311581.gif (3 MB, 275x150) Image search: [Google]
1441577311581.gif
3 MB, 275x150
>ring small resonant bell since nobody can solo bosses
>beckoner starts final battle
>no one ever pulls orphan to the lake
>beckoner first to die

I can only wonder how long beckoners were waiting to summon other players.
>>
Just got a PS4 and this game. Debating if I should get the DLC. Should I do a first playthrough without the DLC? Is the DLC spoiler tier and I would understand anything going on without playing the base game?
>>
>>318760712
DLC has a blood rock in it so I'd advise getting that, since there's only one blood rock in the main story or you have to grind chalice dungeons.
>>
>>318758490
>he doesn't know about lecture building
>>
File: 1430448514818.jpg (142 KB, 1178x1149) Image search: [Google]
1430448514818.jpg
142 KB, 1178x1149
But the main game already revealed the secret, the DLC just talks more about early Hunters and how the Church and Yharnamites got too terrified of them so they trapped them in the nightmare.
>>
Did they ever explain the blood werewolf at the start? Im assuming the old god that lives in blood tried to take you but moon presence already had you?
>>
>>318762380
It was all just a dream anon.
>>
>>318758490
>Is endurace even worth throwing points into?
Get it up to 15.
I'd say you also really don't need more than 25-30 Vitality
Throw the rest into whatever damage stats you want. They cap at 50, so if you're only throwing that into one stat, you can just throw the leftover points into Vit and Endurance I guess
Or you could put points into SKL and make a quality build. It was my first build and I thought it was pretty strong.
Arcane and Bloodtinge got some neat weapons in the DLC, but most of those are late game items.
Before the Augur got buffed, I don't think I could have recommended going with an arcane build much, but now it can parry and backstab, so that's neat. You also get Blacksky Eye in the DLC, which basically is a magic gun. Arcane also raises item discovery rate, so I guess it can make farming stuff easier
Bloodtinge can be super strong, but most of the weapons are guns, and there's only 3-4 actual weapons for it, and most of them are Skill based weapons
>>
>>318762380
The werewolf represents the beast aspect that resides in all humanity, the ritual draws it out so it can be used to make you stronger.
>>
>>318758490
eventually you will get so many echoes from chalices that it won't even matter

40-50 vit pretty much always
<=20 end pretty much always unless you're don't know what else to throw points into and you're using an R1 spam-y weapon like beast claws
pick two damage stats
preferred goes to 50
second preferred goes to 25

ignore blt and arc for a first playthrough

common blood levels for stopping at are
43, 80, 98, 110, 116, and 120

these are pretty soft breakpoints for pvp and coop
you can either pick one or not give a shit and stop where ever you want

it doesn't really matter much either way
>>
>>318758627
Yes, the secret behind the Healing Church/Paleblood is only revealed in the DLC

The DLC reveals Kos (not Kosm) is the origin of everything and there's no way to figure it out without buying the DLC
>>
>>318757101
It's from an old god something.
>>
>>318760712
You're going to want to play the DLC eventually because it's AotA or better tier. It's best to go to the DLC near the end of the game anyways so it won't really spoil anything at that point.
>>
File: 1446942635757.jpg (170 KB, 425x507) Image search: [Google]
1446942635757.jpg
170 KB, 425x507
>>318760047
Blood-starved beast does that to a lot of new players
>>
>>318763723
Do people fight BBS third? I always go for Amelia
>>
>>318763723
I think BSB would be a better boss if he didn't have an almost instant kill grab move that also inflicts poison that will probably kill you before you get up if you're on-level with a shitty wind up animation
>>
>>318763778
I did

Amelia is super easy-tier, honestly about as difficult as Witches
>>
>>318756305
We're those big brain patients you fight in the DLC church the ayy lmaos that appear there later in the game? What the fuck happened?
>>
>The church was evil in Demon's Souls
>The church was evil in Dark Souls
>The church was evil in Bloodborne

i'm getting real sick of your shit, Miyazaki
>>
Just gave two brain fluids to Adeline, but she hasn't turned into a blob. I've already reloaded and talked to her twice, what is going on? I've beaten Living Failures.
>>
>>318764029
The brain patients you are fighting are the people the healing church was literally prying their heads open to see if they had eyes inside them

They were mostly people from the fishing hamlet
>>
>>318764094
btfo jebusfag
>>
>>318763913
I actually got killed by the witches last night. It was fucking embarrassing. I had never seen them do that shockwave attack and it went off twice in my face. Obviously I was being cocky because they're usually piss easy and I've done this before.
>>
>>318764029
No. Those are a different attempt to achieve a higher status.

Both were successful.
>DLC big heads find milkweed rune and ascension partly due to you helping Saint Adeline
>Normal game blue ayy lmaos were used to attempt communication with ebrietas. But instead the Celestial Emissary arrived instead.
>>
>>318764094
true to human history
>>
>>318764120
Just keep using marks/going back to the dream and returning to her.
>>
>>318763316
Where does it say so? I thought Kos was just another boss.
>>
>>318764193
They hit me with that the last time I played, which caught me by surprise since I never seen them do it before.
>>
>>318763316
>Kos (not Kosm) is the origin of everything
No. The Holy Medium found in the tombs is the origin. Kos only furthered the research the healing church did. It revealed the secret behind the celestial emissary or something.
>>
>>318764120
Enter the boss room. You don't need to kill the boss but the next time you reload the area, she will become an egg.
>>
File: 1376271681005.gif (2 MB, 331x248) Image search: [Google]
1376271681005.gif
2 MB, 331x248
>>318764265
>>
>>318764302
I guess I will. F-fun.
>>
>>318764305
It's made pretty damn clear.

The Orphan of Kos put the vermin inside Kos' blood as a way to say "Fuck you for killing my mom", tainting the old blood, creating the beast scourge.

Hence the saying "Fear the old blood"
>>
>>318763778
Amelia can be fought second too. Anti-scrub route is Cleric > Daddy > BSB
>>
>>318756305
>buying a game that will have DLC before all the DLC has been released
>not buying the game in a sale for the regular price of a videogame after the devs have finished making it
c͏ucked
>>
>>318764193
that happened on my 3rd playthrough as well. Didn't happen before that.
>>
>>318764423
Took me like two times so you can't be far off m8
>>
>>318756305

Except that the DLC doesn't make things easier to explain, it makes them worse.
>>
>>318764532
Yeah, got her now. Thanks.
>>
>>318756305
>''One of the new Areas is called Astral Clocktower??? Fuck YES! Sen' s Funhouse 2.0, here I come."

Mfw ....
>>
>>318764412
Sir, we'd be living in space colonies on alpha centuri right now if it wasn't for Christianity.
>>
>>318764461
Hell, on my first playthrough I refused to enter Old Yharnam because I was convinced you could befriend Gatling. I later learned I was right, but apparently you have to do the level anyway, just not kill him.

I remember my roommate getting in the sack and I was scared I would miss that level completely, so I bit the bullet and went after BSB
>>
File: 1.jpg (39 KB, 460x503) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39 KB, 460x503
>>318764591
Enjoy being an ayylmaolian
>>
>>318764675
If it makes you feel better, the Astral Clocktower would have been an actual zone if they went with the 2 expansion route.

Some significant cuts were made in order to release the $20 package they did (see: Yamamura's non-existant questline)
>>
>>318764361

No. Ebrietas and the Choir are behind Celestial Emissary. Her blood creates the ayy lmaos and the monks/church giants.

Kos is the medium used by Byrgenwerth, Willem forbade use of its blood.

Laurence used the blood found in the pthumerian labirynths, tainted by Oedon.
>>
Do Milkweed and Beast Embrace do anything other than the small boosts to Item Discovery and Transformation? I was kind of expecting Milkweed to raise your arcane damage and Beast Embrace to raise your physical damage or give you a permanent beastblood pellet effect.
>>
>>318764452
>The Orphan of Kos put the vermin inside Kos' blood
Haha, no. Vermin are another thing all together. They were discovered separately in the Lost Forest. They're the origin of the snake balls and snake men there.
>>
>>318764889
And the Moon Presence is the patron of the hunters?
>>
>>318764889
>Ebrietas and the Choir are behind Celestial Emissary
The Choir are behind the emissary. The DLC shows they tried before making emissaries, with the Living Failures. Since the Emissary communicates with Ebrietas, she's in no way related to their creation. It's loikely that they perfected the method after being able to directly study the body of a great one.
>>
>>318764901
>Oath runes doing anything significant
>In Bloodborne

HAHAHAHHHAHA

Milkweed lets you unlock 1 new arcane spell and a new moveset for Kos Parasite

thats p much it

there might be a new bloodtinge tool unlockable via the beast's embrace rune but it hasn't been discovered yet
>>
>>318764412
It is though. When Jesus was killed it was by the jewish church, the christian crusades were organized by the church, spanish inquisition was also a church thing. These are just some things I half-assedly remembered, so if someone put in a little more thought into it I'm sure you will find out that the Church isn't always good and sometimes does shitty things
>>
>>318756305
>Beat DS2
>that was fun, now for BloodBorne
>Play the game, have a blast
>been out of the loop, had no idea DLC was coming
>Haven't even beaten it yet
>Get more than halfway through the game
>Hunters workshop is on fire, no idea what this means
>Check for DLC in the store the day before it comes out, buy it
>Continuing playthrough the following days
>Get an item as I progress and get caught by an Amygdala
>Enter a nightmare
>"Oh, there's another nightmare, cool"
>Distorted version of Cathedral ward, hunters walking around everywhere
>holy shit, why are there so many weapons just lying around
>finally, the boss
>Its fucking Ludvig
>remember everyone talking about this being in the DLC and seeing the pictures
>no idea how I just wandered into the DLC during my playthrough
>get my ass whooped
>decide that I'm obviously not supposed to be here yet in the progression
>leave and finish off extra bosses and areas that I missed, and now all that is left is chalice dungeon
>have yet to fight final boss
So should I blow through the Chalice Dungeons, THEN finish the DLC, THEN finish the game? Or should I finish the DLC THEN the Chalice dungeons.
No new chalice dungeons were added right?
I fucking hate the Chalice Dungeons.
>>
>>318765265
The chalice dungeons aren't so bad. The bosses are quite a challenge, and definitely the hardest shit in all the souls games.
>>
>>318765245
Jesus was killed by the Romans, you got a lot of studying to do.
>>
>>318765265
>So should I blow through the Chalice Dungeons, THEN finish the DLC, THEN finish the game? Or should I finish the DLC THEN the Chalice dungeons.
It doesn't really matter, maybe do the DLC first if you're still only on NG. The DLC in NG+ is equivalent if not harder than most of the depth 5 chalices.
>>
>>318765057

They are called failures for a reason. The Choir found ebrietas later and since it's clear she's non hostile to humans it was her blood that creates a successful medium for communication with the old ones
>>
>Every boss in Bloodborne gets recycled in the chalice dungeons or DLC
>Except Amelia, Moon Prescense, and Gherman

2nd expansion pack with moon prescense hard-mode when?
>>
>>318765265
Unless you really REALLY want that platinum, just skip Chalice Dungeons all together. The unique bosses they have aren't really all that good, and the few good bosses they have aren't worth slogging through all the bullshit to get to them.
If you really REALLY want that platinum, you could just save the Chalice Dungeons until NG+, because they don't scale with NG+s and you'll probably have a few more levels on you
>>
>>318765265
I'd do the DLC after chalice dungeons ONLY if you are set on doing NG+. You'd want to try out all those neat weapons in the DLC right anon?
>>
File: 1445123757894.gif (465 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1445123757894.gif
465 KB, 320x180
>>318756305
>>
>>318765545
>it was her blood that creates a successful medium for communication with the old ones
If they had Ebriteas they wouldn't need the emissaries. They didn't. The Choir communicates with Ebriteas through the emissary, which they perfected through research on Kos. The failures are literally next door to Kos. On the other hand, nothing points to the Emissary being a result of Ebriteas' blood.
>>
File: 1441532457943.jpg (42 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1441532457943.jpg
42 KB, 500x501
>>318764680

>this argument
>>
>>318765445
I'm just so tired of how repetitive it gets.
>>318765536
>>318765536
So in NG+ the Chalice dungeons don't get harder? Well fuck, if I knew that I wouldn't have bothered till NG+
>>318765580
The bosses are the only thing that makes it enjoyable and you're right, so many of them are mediocre anyway.
>>
>make a build 6 months ago that was specifically made to use the beast claws
>blow through all the chalice dungeons with the saw and only levels in stamina and health
>get the beast claws
>they fucking suck
>get the DLC months later
>beast claws still suck

Will I be able to kill the last boss with these?
>>
>>318765570
The one thing I would love to see in a souls game was an optional, online-only "raid dungeon", where boss mechanics are balanced for 2 or 3 players, instead of just 1.

No souls game has done it yet though. Kinda sad. I'd like to see their attempt at it, just once. A boss that challenges every mechanic in the game, throwing poison, frenzy at you in addition to damage, as well as undodgeable attacks you'd need to block with a shield, undodgeable/unblockable attacks that MUST be parried, mechanics specific to having 2 players, etc.
>>
>>318763778
>Do people fight BBS third?
Depends how you progress i guess. It actually took me a while to find amelia just because i didn't explore the cathedral ward when i arrived there, but i found BSB the first time going through old yharnam.
>>
>>318765861
Beast Claw is god-tier, did you get the Beast's Embrace rune? The embrace rune is what makes the claws actually good
>>
>>318763778
I fought bsb because I got lost for hours. I don't even remember how I unlocked the gate you usually buy the key for.
>>
>>318765861
Maybe.
>>
Sum up what the fuck is going on in this game in 10 words or less.
>>
>>318766080
Aliens get mutiliated for their blood by the healing church
>>
>>318766012
Planning on getting it. Does it buff it at all, or does it just give me more beasthood.
>>
>>318766080
Use Alien blood and bad shit happens
>>
>>318766216
>Planning on getting it. Does it buff it at all, or does it just give me more beasthood.

>He doesn't know

The beast's embrace rune changes the entire fucking moveset of the weapon

You literally get a werewolf moveset with the claws, able to do superhuman jumps and roar like a fucking werewolf

Embrace Claws >>>>> Regular Claws
>>
>>318766080
Old Blood sucks
It was ayyliens
>>
>>318765807

Ebrietas is just a couple steps away from Emissary anon.

The presence of Ludwig, Maria, Laurence and the failures in the hunters nightmare points to a time when the healing church, the choir, the workshop and the church hunters worked together instead of independently. My personal interpretation is that they learned something terrifying through Kos and all agreed to lock it behind the Astral Clocktower
>>
>>318766080
Aliens came, humans ruined everything and turned into beasts.
>>
>>318766316
Whelp then I just need to find a way to kill Laurence with beast claws.
>>
>>318766405
summon me
>>
>>318764680
What
>>
>>318766316
>>318766405

I wanna try out the Parasite and Beastclaws..

Do they use the same build?

I don't really wanna tailor a build to one weapon only to find it sucks later.

Also what weapons are good against what?

I know the Saw cleaver is good vs. Beasts but what about like Ludwigs and the Kirkhammer, what are those good against?
>>
>>318765840
Yes, Chalice dungeons don't scale with NG+

If you just want a fairly easy run through them the chalices when you're near your NG+ run. You'll be higher level.

I think the chalice complaints are funny because you can get through most dungeons in an hour, far less if you just run past everything.

The bosses are pretty cool as well imo
>>
>>318766080
Lovecraft was right
>>
>>318766561
The parasite is specifically for a pure arcane build. It's complete garbage in any other build
>>
>>318766389
>humans ruined everything

Not true at all, humans didn't do anything wrong, the aliums came to the planet with the intention of enslaving humanity as a resource.
>>
>>318766570
>The bosses are pretty cool as well imo
For every neat boss, you have at least one repeat boss and a basic enemy used as a boss. Then you have shit like Ball&Chain Undead Giant
>>
>>318766487
No insight, f.am. Went full beast.
>>
>>318766716
>ball&Chain undead giant
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: alien.jpg (967 KB, 1271x1241) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
967 KB, 1271x1241
>>318766648
>humans dindu nuffin
>>
>>318766648
How the fuck did humans manage to turn the tables on the ayyliums?
>>
>>318766898
Moon Presence literally enslaves people to do it's work.
>>
>>318758490
>Is there going to be another area like central yharnam where I can just farm blood echos with ease?
The pigs in yahar'gul are a great place to farm. You can cheese them so you are on top of the ledge and they can't hit you. Get one of those dementor guys to take you there and walk out the front of the church. My first run through I spent ages farming those pigs.
>>
So you're in a dream the entire game. Then you go into another dream. And other dreams and shit. Then there are nightmares. What the fuck is real? What is going on?
>>
>>318767079
MP is just doing his own thing. Laurence was the one who beckoned him with a fucking baby.

Also Gherman goes to the Hunter's Nightmare when he dreams. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>318767269
It's all real. And none of it is. Lovecraft dream rules, bro
>>
>>318767269
It's all just Bob the Aspirin accountant's dream after eating some bad Chinese at the office.
>>
>>318767196
>pigs in yahar'gul are a great place to farm
Best place to farm is in lower loran layer 2. Use hunters marks and moon runes to get 100k echoes every 1-2 minutes. There are like 10 beast patients in the first room and each one gives 10k echoes with the runes.
>>
>>318767005
Lawrence realized everything that was happening was bullshit and started the Healing Church specifically to get humans to ascend past their ayylium overlords.
>>
>>318767319
did you not fucking find Gherman in the real world crying and sobbing saying he didn't want to be there anymore. Moon presence keeps him their and alive so it can act as a conduct of it's will. Gherman is fucking Enslaved by an old god because of some jack ass fuck up. That's not ok you fucking alien dicksucker.
>>
>>318766080
Aliens force humans to have alien babies, doll a qt
>>
>>318767319
MP has been around long before Laurence even existed, do you even know what the pthumerians were?
>>
>>318767454
When do you find that?
>>
>>318767623
In the actual hunters workshop you find that has the old hunters bone in. He's sitting their in his chair and if you wait long enough you hear him cry and say he doesn't want to be there.
>>
>>318767547
Kos forced some poor guy to fuck her
>>
>>318759867
Ayylmaos

Also Kos wasn't behind shit 'cause she dead nigga
>>
>>318756305
Im glad i sold this game and picked up jsrf and kotor II instead.
>>
>>318767718
>forced
Are you sure it was forced?
>>
>>318766716
pretty much.. then you got cannon giant, 3 fat dudes at once. pyro wolf, piggy, then shit like rom,amygdala, and ebrietus. with some bloodlettin beast, a dog, another version of paarl and some old fuckers who are fast as fukc
>>
>>318767716
That... what?

I've never seen him there ever.
>>
>>318767943
He's sitting in the fucking Garden off to the side you can look it up.
>>
>>318762105
It also explained why the blood turns people into beasts in the first place.

>>318764094
>church in DeS worshipped the Old One and called it god
>the church in DaS was a bunch of corrupt assholes and demigods giving each other reach arounds for centuries
>the church in Bloodborne literally worships Cthulhu
Stop worshipping evil assholes then.
>>
>>318767807
You're missing out, Anon.
>>
>>318764206
>implying the emissary wasn't their only successful attempt at creating a medium between humanity and the great ones
Also what's the connection between Ebrietas and Rom? Rom's just some faggot who got juiced up with eyes from the knowledge Burgerworth took from poking the body of Kos with sticks. Why did she betray the church and hide the rituals?
>>
>>318767984
I've seen him there in the Hunter's dream making to himself in that manner, but not the actual Workshop.

Besides, the garden portion isn't attached to the Workshop
>>
>>318764452
They didn't kill his mom, just desecrated her body and pulled a Unit 731 on the peaceful fish people living there using parasites to gain enlightenment.
>>
>>318764920
>They're the origin of the snake balls and snake men there.
Do they drop vermin? If not, then your statement makes no sense.
>>
>>318768158
Rom's a fellow great one to Ebrietas. They're both "higher entities" and thus would feel emotion for each other.

Its like how we'd feel remorse if a human friend goes but not for a mouse or a roach.

I think Ebrietas placing Rom on the "Sacrificial Altar" actually has sequel significance. Too bad it'll never happen because Miyazaki gamespot interview.
>>
>>318767269

The dreams/nightmares are just overlapping realms of existence. When you get to the Orphan of Kos and look below the water you'll understand.

There is no "it was just a dream" bullshit here.
>>
>>318765480
Killed by the Romans, but Pilate didn't give a fuck until the Jews threatened to throw a tizzy if this smelly hobo wasn't crucified for claiming he was their king.

>>318766080
People found a god and tried to poke it with sticks until they got AIDS
>>
>>318768564
How the fuck did Ebrietas move Rom from his own pocket demision to the one we kill her in though, that doesn't make sense that also doesn't explain how Rom's also in the chalices. It can be a being like Rom but it being Rom himself is dumb.
>>
>>318767079
The Great Ones all have their own agendas. MP is just a dick.

>>318767319
>Laurence
You mean Micolash Cage.

>>318767196
>>318758490
Jelly students in the Nightmare Lecture Building but that comes alter.

>>318767718
>forced
Not with those lips.
>>
>>318768564
Rom's retarded though and is only considered Kin, and not a true Great One.

>>318769110
She didn't. That's just a statue. Also I took it to mean that the Chalice Dungeon's where they go when they die since it's the "tomb" of the gods.
>>
>>318769110
>Red Moon beckons, player character transported to chapel below Grand Cathedral
>Amygdalas on the prowl
>Ebrietas lies waiting
Recovery of Rom was only a matter of time.
>>
>>318764901
Beasts embrace gives you the moveset for the claws that the npc hunter in the dlc had
>>
>>318767547
Is that a doll ?
>>
>>318770114
No, she is a doctor.
>>
>>318770114
That's an impostor
>>
>>318770114
She's a cute
>>
>>318768564

I don't think Rom is a great one. According to Awoooo guy Rom was created by Kos. I think Rom is just a generic term for normal people turned into the spiders in order to mask the true world for a certain purpose
>>
>>318770349
>Rom was created by Kos
Created from the research Burgerworth did on Kos and the fish people, yeah. Kos was dead long before any of this ever happened.
>>
What makes vit better in BB than the souls games? I barely ever put points into vit, mostly just damage because what's the point if you never get hit and if you do you still survive and can heal to full with an estus?

Is bloodborne faster paced, does vit give other stats than just hp? Is it because when you get hit you can recover a portion of hp for free if you attack back encouraging a more reckless style of play where you get hit more often and because you have 20 healing items?
>>
>>318767269
The Hunter's Dream is a realm created by the Moon Presence
The Nightmare of Mensis is a realm created by Margo (I think) that starts blending into the real world once Rom is dead
>>
>>318770709
Mergo

Also does anyone have a picture of Kos' lips?
>>
>>318770674
Faster paced. You can lose almost all your health in the blink of an eye now with some enemies and bosses.
>>
>>318770674
I mean, vial recovery is based on HP, and you get a percentage of your HP slashed off when you're summoned, but that's about it.
I guess you could also say Bloodborne is a lot more chaotic and you're more likely to get hit, so more HP is basically just a buffer for getting hit by a few bullshit attacks
>>
The plot makes no sense, why the fuck would an entire city of people drink blood? Are they fucking freaks?
>>
>>318770993
Because the church says it's okay
>>
>>318770993
It has healing properties but i is also addictive.
>>
>>318756305
>You need to buy the DLC to unravel the mystery behind the blood]
No you don't. The beast scourge is because they used old blood that was cursed thousands of years ago. The only thing the DLC revealed is that the cursed of Blood-Addling is related to Kos and her Orphan.
>>
>>318770993
Yes.
>>
>>318771094
You could never convince an entire city to drink blood, that's absurd. IRL if the catholic church told people to drink blood, the church would be suspected of heresy and bombarded.
>>
>>318770558

It kind if makes sense that somebody at Burgerworth created it as a measure to hide the truth away (it's consistent with the purpose of the Astral Tower)

I don't know why the School of Mensis leader would be obsessed with it though
>>
>>318770993
It's like a mixture of medicine and booze to them.
>>
>>318771296

What about 500 years ago?
>>
>>318771296
uhhh, you never studied early dark ages did you?
>>
>>318771389
I was referring to that. One of those kings would've just invaded the vatican for suggesting something that sounds so blatantly demonic.
>>
>>318770993
It's an addictive medical procedure that the church performs
>>
>>318771296
Yeah but what if that blood made your dick 10 inches long. You'd fucking do it.

>>318771323
But it's Rom doing it. Members of the Choir are protecting her though.

And Mensis was once part of the Healing Church and they seek the Great Ones for enlightenment.
>>
>>318771367
>>318770993
>>318771094
>>318771296
>>318771389
>>318771485
Blood and Beast Pellets are stronger intoxicants than Alcohol and other Drugs.
>>
>>318771485
They don't drink it, they inject it
It's basically a reverse blood-letting
>>
>>318758490
Forbidden woods is the best place early in the game to farm blood vials and echoes, once you unlock the shortcuts there's a great area just before the shadow of yahrnam boss fight
>>
>>318771542
So it's a ripoff of lyrium from Dragon Age.
>>
> Orphan of Kos curses the Hunters to become blood addled, lose their minds, and get sucked into the Hunter's Nightmare
> the curse has literally nothing to do with the beast blood as beast blood comes from Oedon and not Kos
> idiots think the curse is beast blood
>>
>>318764452
Kos was dead when she washed up on shore. Read the Kos Parasite description.
>>
>>318771819
>and get sucked into the Hunter's Nightmare
That was part of the pact Maria made with him to ensure the protection of the Research Hall and Fishing Hamlet.
>>
>>318761021
>I just started recently
>lol what you don't know about this late-game area?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>318767943
He's making that shit up, man.
>>
>>318771819
Then explain the Vermin faggot
>>
>>318771946
That's less likely.

>>318764452
The "Old" Blood came from the Tomb of the Gods. Not from Kos. We have the scourge because people were drinking cursed werewolf blood found inside Loran.
>>
File: 1449032271057.png (40 KB, 622x342) Image search: [Google]
1449032271057.png
40 KB, 622x342
Way too hard
>>
>>318772051
A delusion to keep you sane.

>Perhaps there is some mercy in the madness. Those who wish to see vermin can, and those who choose to are provided with boundless purpose.

You see them because you WANT to see them. Vermin aren't the cause of the scourge. Hell, you can find some vermin inside of some Hunters in the Nightmare. They're not beastly as a result of it.
>>
>>318771819
Oedon is behind everything happening in BB
>>
>>318767598
So? That doesn't change the fact that Laurence and his associates beckoned him. That doesn't mean he popped into existence, it means Laurence and his cohorts used him for the dream.

>>318767454
We have no idea what the agreement was, but MP is doing its job of keeping the dream going. Putting human moraity on it is silly, as it is beyond such things.

>>318769160
No? Did you not see the Old Workshop and the Lecture Hall? This is confirmed with ingame evidence.
>>
>>318772227
>Hell, you can find some vermin inside of some Hunters in the Nightmare
Exactly. Even if you aren't in the League you still find the Vermin. And everyone has them inside, it's just that some people can't stave off transforming as well as others, and the longer you bottle it up, the more violent the transformation. Just look at Ludwig.
>>
>>318772051
Vermin is unrelated to Orphan dumbshit. Unless you think blood dregs are also Orphan related.

The break down is simple as fuck.

Is it Kos? Byrgenwerth did it.
Is is Mergo? School of Mensis did it.
Is it Oedon? The Pthumerians did it. Vilebloods trying to do it again but Oedon likes whores more than vampires.
Is it Ebrietas? The Choir did it.
Is it Moon Presence? The Good Hunter did it.
>>
>>318771296
Well it's a good thing this is a video game and not real life then, isn't it faggot?

The blood is a panacea for all ills, only rumors get out because of Yharnamites' secretive natures. The outside world doesn't know about the curse, only that it cures other ailments.
>>
>>318772397
Laurence didn't use a babby though, he used something else. The only nightmare infant in the game we know of is Mergo, and that was Micolash.
>>
>>318772653
>Laurence didn't use a babby though, he used something else.
We find a freaking umbilical cord there. At some point there was a baby in the Old Workshop.
>>
>>318772404
>Even if you aren't in the League you still find the Vermin
That doesn't mean they cause beasthood. And I still hold that they're just figments. IT's all just wishful thinking.
>>
>>318772754
An umbilical cord, but no child. Whose child did they use?
>>
>>318772039
He's not making it up, he says something like "forgive me Rom"

It happens in the Hunter's Dream, not the abandoned workshop
>>
>>318772754
The items are the Great One equivalent of an umbilical cord, not one from an actual baby. Presumably, given that they're specifically referred to as One Third Umbilical Cords, it's OoK's split apart umbilical.
>>
>>318770674
vit increases defense and HP, and there are bosses that can easily kill you in 2 shots even with the maximum vitality.
>>
>>318772983
Yeah, my point was that he was making up that it happened in the Yharnam location.
>>
>>318762638
>They cap at 50
Only sort of true. They soft-cap at 50 but you can still get stat ups from them by continuing. It's just diminishing returns out the ass because the average stat increase per level drops to something less than 1. I think it was like .8-.9 increase average so you'd need to get two levels in the stat to see 1 point of actual buff.

Really, you may as well stop at 25-30 vit, 15-20 end, and then start throwing extra points beyond the 50 for your chosen stat into other shit to broaden your options for NG+. going higher for end is really only useful if you're using a weapon with huge stamina usage but even then, it's more to ensure you can quickstep out quickly after an attack since you're not gonna be comboing a lot with heavy weapons.
>>
>Moon scented hunter, closed of kin. What is they wish?

What did the queen mean by this? Are we vampires?
>>
>>318770993

It was a medicine that cured any disease and made you feel better than alcohol, being handed out by the church to anyone for free. The church in bloodborne is basically a mix of Big Pharma and drug lord, no wonder they became as powerful as they did.
>>
>>318773116
>30vit

enjoy being one shotted on ng+
>>
>>318772996
Anon, are you stupid?

There are four chords in the game and Orphan doesn't give you one.

One comes from an unknown Great One, probably related to the Moon Presence.
One comes from Mergo, acquired from the wet nurse.
One comes from False Iosefka, literally pregnant with a great one baby.
One come from Arianna, who gives birth to Oedon's child.
>>
>>318773256
I'm straightedge.
>>
>>318772754

The umbilical cord found in the workshop was used by Gehrman to make a contract with Moon Presence.
>>
>>318759867
Humans accepted the blood of a Great One and fucked everything up.
>>
>>318771296
What is transubstantiation?
>>
>>318760712
When you beat the game, you're forced into NG+. You can either try to play the DLC on NG+, or start a brand new character and work your way back to near the end of the game to play it. I'd recommend just getting it for your first playthrough. Recommended blood level for starting it is 65, even though you can get to it much earlier.
>>
>>318758490
The higher the endurance the better. It only gives you 2 more per level but it helps so much one you find a heavy weapon or in pvp
>>
Where is the Maria porn?
>>
>>318774038
Gehrman holds it.
Also, he made a lifesize doll and fucked her in every orifice.

Why don't you do the same anon?
>>
If you think Orphan caused the beast plague you're an idiot.

Orphan of Kos cursed the Hunters. The game hits you over the head with it time and time again. From the opening of the DLC, to the muttering giant at the start of the Fishing Hamlet.

Ludwig, the Holy Blades, and the Executioners are the only ones from the Church to be cursed because they're hunters.

Besides, the beast plague happened before. Yharnam isn't even the first place it hit. Loran was the first known beast plague victim.
>>
>>318774652
That's because of a simple reality.

>Loran and use of Old Blood caused curse of the Scourge.
>Byrgenwerth and the atrocities committed to and at the Fishing Hamlet caused the curse of Blood Addling

It'll takes weeks before people accept or come to this conclusion though. People are dumb.
>>
>>318774038

Go back to bed German
>>
So where does Valtr fit into the lore now that it's implied that he chased the first beast into Yharnam and then devoured it? Seems like a pretty important plot point to me, plus he runs the confederates who are more aware of the vermin than anyone
>>
>>318774652
I think KOS was the one who cursed the hunters.She's depicted as a female through the DLC and the voice who curses the hunters and their children is of a female.

My take is that the old hunters caused Kos death and the curse/nightmare was build in her last breath.

The Orphan was still inside of her when she died,so he was still part of her,thus,being the only one alive with control over the nightmare.
>>
mfw

Mergo is the first person singular of the verb mergere. The definition will likely surprise and delight lore fans as it directly relates to water and hiding. Water is obviously a huge theme in Bloodborne -- the Moon (which is associated with tides), the Lake, menstrual blood, and the Orphan of Kos.

mergō (present infinitive mergere, perfect active mersī, supine mersum); third conjugation

I dip (in), immerse; plunge into water; overwhelm, cover, bury, drown. I sink down or in, plunge, thrust, drive or fix in. (of water) I engulf, flood, swallow up, overwhelm. (figuratively) I hide, conceal, suppress.

Also, Mensis means "month", and I think Japanese uses the same symbols for month and moon.
>>
File: 1443486016530.gif (107 KB, 224x223) Image search: [Google]
1443486016530.gif
107 KB, 224x223
>Beat Lady Maria after many many tries
>Use Celestial Dial
>PS4 freezes
>"Save data if corrupted"

IT'S NOT
FUCKING
FAIR
I BEAT HER FAIR AND SQUARE
I PUT IN THE TIME
I WAS HAVING FUN

Seriously though, says something about the "next generation" when this is the only time this has ever happened to me in my entire gaming career.
>>
>>318775390
Factually incorrect. Kos washed up with her physical body dead. It says as much in the Kos Parasite item description.

The curse fell upon Byrgenwerth and all those that followed in the footsteps of the Byrgenwerth Hunters for what they did to the fishing hamlet. For drilling holes into the heads of the residents searching for eyes. For taking their blood to do experiments. For hunting them to further their research.
>>
>>318775701
She isn't that hard, probably the easiest in the DLC, great fight though.
>>
>>318775701

You have ps+ right?
>>
>>318776048
Already know what you're gonna say and I didn't have it set to upload save data so I aint got shit
>>
>>318775828
but if the curse was made after Kos death because of the reasons you said,then,why does a baby who didn't even born yet holds the nightmare up? and who is the woman cursing?
>>
>people finding laurence harder than orphan of kosm

I don't understand it. His attacks are so slow and telegraphed even when he's sliced in half. Orphan on the other hand goes fucking nuts in the 2nd half to the point where I've got no clue what shit to look for.
>>
>>318772469
>Vilebloods trying to do it again but Oedon likes whores more than vampires

I thought that was because Arianna is possibly descended from the Vilebloods?
>>
>>318776425
I did it ng+ so his hp made it more of an endurance test.
>>
>>318775701
I've backed up a few of my saves on a USB 3.0 drive because of this fear

>>318776048
I've had PS+ for years and the other day I checked my files and it showed that my latest save on the server was from July. Shit is definitely not auto-uploading.
>>
>>318776287

The one holding the curse up is sweet child of kos. For all we know it might have been there since the beginning.
>>
>>318776287
Doesn't matter. Anything after that is speculation.

The fact is that the hunters were cursed for what was done at the fishing hamlet. Byrgenwerth murdered the locals and drilled into their skulls and took their blood hoping to find eyes.

Something along the way made Willem nervous, Rom became Vacuous, Laurence became a beast, Maria disappeared, and Gehrman was sucked into the Hunter's Dream.

Kos carcass washed up dead on the beach filled with parasites. The fishing village became fish people. Orphan was either born from the carcass or became a great one through the parasites while cursing the hunters and maintaining the nightmare.
>>
>>318776780

Check your available space. Some PS4 file sizes are huge and I disabled them manually.

Driveclub is a huge offender.
>>
>>318776425
Laurence has a shit camera that steers your view up into the sky if you lock on, and he has moves dedicated to you being able to see the floor. His swipes are fast, long range, and do lots of damage, they kill me in two hits. Just talking about the first phases here, because I haven't been able to get past the first phase for either of them, Orphan's attack don't do as much damage and they're slower. I can also stagger him somewhat reliably so I know there's a point in going for more than one hit at a time.

All of Laurence's difficulty comes from how high his damage is. I can't find any openings because there's nowhere to stand within attacking range during his attacks because his swipes can reach all the way around him, and every time he's finished an attack he just backsteps away when I dash in and it pisses me off. Every death I've had was getting annoyed at how much of a motherfucker he is about getting hit and just trying to do what I can whether I take some damage or not. And surprise, even the most innocuous, half-hearted swings in a four-hit combo take off 75% of my HP.
>>
>>318777207
>Laurence has a shit camera that steers your view up into the sky if you lock on

Its not nearly as bad when you lock onto his body rather than his head though
>>
>>318777207
To add on to this, I'm not saying Orphan is easier. He's harder because he's more aggressive and has a wider variety of attacks. With Laurence I can back off as much as I want and never get hit, that's easy, I just can't get hits in. Orphan doesn't let you back off like that.

>>318777337
I've just abandoned lock-on for Laurence entirely and decided I'm playing monster hunter
>>
I really hope DaS3 doesn't continue the trend of damage spongey bosses.

I've been going through the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne and every boss is just a myriad of unreadable, lightning fast attacks, and has 100k HP. It got really old really fast when I'd get an enemy down to their last 10% just to get squished by one of their three 1HKO attacks.

It started in the DaS expansion and it's continued on through DaS2 and BB that all bosses take a minimum of 100 hits to kill.
>>
>It was parasites all along
>It's ok when Miyazaki does it
>>
Is it even possible to visceral Laurence more than once? I kept shooting his face with the Blacksky Eye, but nothing happened
>>
>>318777207
I've done several low level chalice dungeons killed Loran Darkbeast more times than I can count.
No amount of camera fuckery is going to beat me.
>>
>>318765245
>Implying the crusades were bad
>>
File: 1445642638611.png (179 KB, 600x511) Image search: [Google]
1445642638611.png
179 KB, 600x511
>Wow fighting these werewolves and beasts is great, I can;t wait to see what kind of beast is next!
>After killing Amelia there's nothing but ayylmaos
>>
>>318777723
Kek
>>
File: Bloodborne Chalice Guide.png (2 MB, 824x4512) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Chalice Guide.png
2 MB, 824x4512
>>318777962
Do chalice dungeons, nigga
>>
>>318777962
But that's just wrong. The next boss isn't even an ayylmao.
>>
>>318777181
I have like 4GB used out of the 10GB limit
>>
>>318764920
Vermin don't even exist
They're some bullshit that you can only see when Valtr tells you about them, they aren't real
>>
>>318775479
Mensis meant moon/month but is never used anymore, and the plural menses is still used today for the monthly discharge of blood from a woman.

It's a pretty fitting word all around.
>>
The expansion does nothing more than add to the the lore and tighten loose ends. The content in the original game itself is left to interpretation and to be left ambiguous. It still holds a lot of pieces of the story without having the expansion.
>>
>>318777723
Parasites are just quest items in Bloodborne. Only confederates see them in blood because their leader, Valtr, was the first to observe them, outside the main city of Yharnam.
>>
File: Dungeon Madman.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon Madman.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
So did From decide to just throw all of the shitty enemies in the Chalice dungeon?
>>
>>318778162
If only being able to see something if you know about it means it's not real in the Bloodborne universe, most of the shit in the game isn't real either.
>>
>>318778162

You're an idiot if you think that in a game about dreams being a separate layer of reality and everything being a matter of perception there's something that "isn't real".
>>
>>318778138
>But that's just wrong
But it's not, the Shadow niggers aren't even human, and they aren't beasts either, so they must be magical ayy bullshit. This is reinforced by the fact that they guard Bygenworth, and the fact that you only encounter them again in the Nightmare of Mensis.
>>
File: 1440858399178.gif (549 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1440858399178.gif
549 KB, 400x302
>>318777962
>>
>>318778287
Yes, but they're what's causing beast transformations and shit.
>>
>>318778330
I love the Madman that hits you with a mummified corpse, it's so damn funny looking
>>
>>318778162
>They're some bullshit that you can only see when Valtr tells you about them

You can see them without Valtr telling you about them.
>>
>>318777840
You have to wait for him to heal his head so you can cripple it again.
>>
Is it suicide to do the DLC at NG+2?

It's my PvE char with 200SL. However, Bosses get ridicolous amount of Health boosts in NG+.

I am conflicted. Should it be easy peasy?
>>
>>318766898
I have to know where this is from
>>
>>318778491
Solo? It should be pretty difficult
My friends got one shotted by most of Ludwig's attacks on NG++
>>
>>318778491
It's pretty fucking difficult in general, but not impossible.
>>
>>318756305
It's from Ebrietas you dumb cunt
>>
>>318778635
>>318778661

Is it as difficult as Chalice dungeons?

I completed the "storyline" in them for what is worth. Platinumed and all.

Heard people talking how it's hard as FUCK and am scared
>>
>>318771296
You know what's even fucking weirder? There are maniacs in our hospitals that actually think it's a good idea to inject blood straight into your veins. Fucking crazies, man.
>>
>>318778635
>Plenty of boss attacks are capable of one shotting you when you have 40+Vit

Why? 10Vit runs in DeS/DaS were nowhere near this bullshit.
>>
>>318778765
>Heard people talking how it's hard as FUCK and am scared
Those people clearly haven't gotten to Queen Yharnam then.
>>
File: 1445533544619.png (160 KB, 622x470) Image search: [Google]
1445533544619.png
160 KB, 622x470
I just started this game last night and it's fucking wrecking my asshole. I've only beaten the first boss and have been wandering down in the sewers ever since. Last thing I remember is getting skewered by fucking Pumbaa on steroids in some tiny tunnel I couldn't even dodge him in, and I had to cheese him down with stun lock and spamming heals.

Where am I even supposed to be going right now, and how do I make heavy weapons viable? I'm using that sword that becomes a hammer but the hammer is so slow everyone just smacks my shit before I can swing it.
>>
>>318778765
On NG, I'd say it's around the Depth 4 chalice dungeon level.
>>
>>318778696
>Ebrietas

She prefers Bri Bri

>>318778826
>Why?
Because in Bloodborne you can dodge lightning fast and heal even faster.
>>
>>318778491
>sl 200
You'll be fine. I'm halfway through the dlc in ng+2 and I'm only level 130 and I don't have any chalice dungeon gems.
>>
>>318778431
Only the snakes, and only those in the forbidden woods.

Each area has its own causes for mutations and all are different.

Woods = parasites/ vermin in blood = turn to snakes (no covenant)

Main city = Beast blood = turn to beast/ werewolf (can turn into one via DLC rune)

Upper city and lower city = Paleblood (various Eldritch abominations' blood) = Rurn into Tentacle Grape monsters or similar Ayy Lmao lifeforms. (can turn to Space Jojo with DLC rune)

Nightmare realms = Invisible Blood = Eldritch abominations (no covenant/ cant turn into invisible floating clothes)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TJrw5gwx-o

NG7+, level 4.
>>
>>318771296
That's literally what communion is
You drink the blood of Christ
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.