[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon´s Dogma Dark Arisen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: dd.jpg (132 KB, 1600x1035) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
132 KB, 1600x1035
Just started Dark Arisen because it was 4,99€ on ps Store (and still is), and holy shit, I´m bored. I only got to the camp where you create the second character (or pawn, or whatever), and did two secondary missions, but right now I´m not really liking it, does it get better after a few hours? Because the combat at least looks interesting. Also, the menus are a nightmare, I hope I get use to them.
>>
Give me some advice/tips, /v/
>>
You just started the fucking game nigger, you haven't even reached Gran Soren yet, of course it gets better.
>>
Man I'm mad slightly ruffled I just got it like a month ago for 30, and now it's on sale for five

The combat is the main appeal of the game. If you're not enjoying your current class, there are eight others to try out, so don't be afraid to switch. You gain stats based on your class though, so for instance if you're a magic dude for like fifty classes and switch to a warrior, it might not work out so well, but otherwise it isn't a big deal
>>
Just go beat down some cyclops and ogres, that's pretty unique to this game.
>>
Yes, it gets better. The best part of the game is the DLC, which you can start at any point in the game. Although, I would recommend finishing the story first, since it's a lot more difficult than the base game.
>>
>>318749838

You've literally just did the tutorial at best. Get a full party, get your ass to Gran Soren, start trying out some advanced classes and then you can start making an opinion on the game.
>>
>>318750197

>I just got it like a month ago for 30

Oh yeah I should add, I already own a physical copy but I didn't have it on hand and wanted to play this again

>>318750319

Plus you get some levels and equipment so you can actually stay alive there. It was fun exploring the main world too though
>>
>>318750197
nigga I double dipped for that and would probably buy it again when it comes to PC
>>
The game picks up once you get to Gran Soren.
You just have to do one more "boring" main quest and then shit gets good.
>>
File: Wolves_Pictures.jpg (306 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Wolves_Pictures.jpg
306 KB, 1024x768
>>318750031
Hunt in packs
>>
>>318750501

Totally, I'm definitely going to get the PC version too. Never bought the same game three times before
>>
senpai
>>
File: Large_bonfire.jpg (129 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Large_bonfire.jpg
129 KB, 800x533
>>318750031
Also FIRE WORKS WELL
>>
>>318750546
I always have the feeling that I´m not doing something, like I abandoned the fisrt town too quickly after only doing two side quests, and I don´t like that, the completionist in me is not happy. I´ll probably come back to the first town again to check, but I don´t like doing that at least until I figure out the mechanincs of the game, and for now, this one´s are really confusing, like everything is new and I have to get use to them.
>>
Why is the HUD so awful
>>
Oh yeah, as you gain ranks in a class, they will unlock more abilities. Some of them are like these augments, for instance strider gets double jump and the ability to climb ledges faster and stuff like that. So it might be nice to play a class for a bit to get those different augments. I don't remember if all classes could use all of them between each other, does anyone know?
>>
>>318750992
What's awful about it ? I like it
>>
>>318749838
Nah, it pretty much peaks at the tutorial. The game is shit and it's some /v/ meme to pretend it's amazing. Don't fall for it anon and spend your time doing something more worthwhile or fun.
>>
>>318750031
dont start as strider

str and int gain is the only thing that matters
either start as fighter or mage
>>
>>318751047

Passives can be shared between classes. So can some abilities (only a few if both classes learn them).
>>
>>318751069
Misleading people because you have terrible taste in video games is not a very nice thing to do
>>
File: 1438043582896.webm (3 MB, 920x840) Image search: [Google]
1438043582896.webm
3 MB, 920x840
>>318751082

Stamina matters when you're climbing around on an enemy
>>
>>318751082
>str and int gain is the only thing that matters
Where did you get those stats from? Also, Strider has the most balanced stat growth in the entire game, they're objectively the best vocation to start with.
>>
>>318751047
Augments unlock for everyone. If you want to be the best damn warrior out there, you need to get augments from other classes as well.
>>
>>318751289
just use consumables to recover your stamina

>>318751320
its a min-max thing
you can completely ignore it
its only if youre into that thing
>>
>>318751320
Later on you just drink a pot giving you infinite stamina. It doesn't matter.
>>
File: 131514992552.jpg (64 KB, 430x322) Image search: [Google]
131514992552.jpg
64 KB, 430x322
>>318751445

Just use periapts
>>
>>318751518
They boost your stats by a percentage. If you have a higher stat they do even more.
>>
>>318751320
some stats actually matter if youre hybrid vocation

if you have better str on your MK youre going to rely on a different set compared to a int MK
>>
>>318751720

I guess, I just never had issues with strength though. Thousand kisses is so good
>>
>>318751860
I've never played MK before, I'm just saying the Strider has great stat growth. Also new PC footage!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_5APdUy7_8
>>
>>318751949
The game doesn't require you to min-max in any way.

The only way it might make a large difference is if you after 100 levels as a magic user decides you want to hit things with a weapon instead.
>>
>>318752010
not really appealing stat growth for pure vocations

strider is okay if you want to mess around with the other vocations

high strength as assassin with maxed out augments is amazing
>>
>Buying the same game for the 3rd time
God damnit Capcom. I will still get it though.

Improved graphics mods when? skimpy armor?
>>
>>318749838
>I hope I get use to them.
They are shit but you will get used to them.

I'd love it if the re-release got a more serviceable menus, particularly the crafting/combining system which is especially cumbersome when you've got a shit ton of ingredients, by that point you'll be familiar enough with things that it shouldn't be too horrendous, but the menus don't ever feel "good".

Hotkeys for items in the PC version would be fantastic.

My recommendation is to take as many sidequests as are available, and to just go and do the main quests up until the point where you can go and talk to the Duke in Gran Soren(which cuts off some sidequests), and then decide whether you feel confident enough in your abilities that you're happy to and interested in the notion of trekking across the map to probably be shit on by big monsters, or if you would rather carry on with the main quest since that is about the time that what little real story/plot the game has starts to rear it's head and become interesting.

One of the main reasons to play up until that point is that the weapons available from the weapon merchant in Gran Soren are determined by how far in the main questline you are.
The exception to this is the additional inventory unlocked if you can find a bronze/silver/gold idol to give to him for a sidequest, with a gold idol getting much higher tier stuff. (giving an idol can only be done once, if you give him bronze/silver you cannot upgrade to the benefits of gold)
>>
File: gvfgcefg.png (356 KB, 618x678) Image search: [Google]
gvfgcefg.png
356 KB, 618x678
>>318752010

Light and heavy attack are on the mouse buttons, but what is the third attack button? It's probably just better to stick with a controller anyway
>>
>>318752324

>skimpy armor?

I don't think you can go much skimpier than a thong and bra
>>
>>318751069
>it pretty much peaks at the tutorial.
Anon, there's saying you don't like it and then there's telling outright lies. Even the people who adore this game agree the tutorial and early parts are boring as shit.
>>
>>318752598
>what is the third attack button?
What third attack button are you talking about?
>>
>>318749838
DD fanas is full of brainless waifu muh pawn fag. The game in itself is repetitive and uninspired. It's hard and challenging for 5-6 hours then it becomes really easy and theres a shit ton of backtracking.
To be honest I only played the base game at release. I finished it 3 months before dark arisen launched but I didn't bother buying the same game with some more features.
>>
>>318752598
if i can recall you have only heavy and light for normal attacks and 3 buttons for your abilities and spells
>>
>>318752598
A/O was both the action button and third attack button on consoles so probably E, which seems a bit weird on a keyboard.

>>318752819
For primary and secondary abilities which used the triggers in conjunction with square/triangle/circle|X/Y/B
>>
>>318752819

Light and heavy were square and triangle, where's the circle equivalent
>>
>>318753005

>A/O was both the action button and third attack button on consoles so probably E

Oh yeah that makes sense
>>
>>318752010

Doesn't seem like there's an option for multiple saves, guess you'll have to fiddle with the save files manually
>>
>>318752010
Why have recent games stopped letting you choose non-post anti-aliasing methods?
>>
>>318752010

He said it's coming out January15th, has there been any official word on the launch date? Don't think we've heard any exact day before
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.