[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get hired to work at a game studio, working on a 3d figh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 21
File: Rainy bridge.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Rainy bridge.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1200
>get hired to work at a game studio, working on a 3d fighting game(I'm the creative director)
>my dream game, my magnum opus, was going to play similar to Soul Calibur, with some anime fighter systems
>air dashes, air combos, air juggles, wire attacks, ceiling and wall juggles, super moves, EX moves, a super cancel system similar to HYPER/MAX in later KoF games, the works
>fun and light hearted setting about teenage children of various yakuza/gang leaders fighting for control of different districts in big Japanese cities

And guess what, my project gets scrapped and loses funding, to instead funnel more funding into some fucking Soul's ripoff

>Modern day/slightly futuristic setting(think Bladerunner lite), very dark, lots of rain, snow, and fog
>"Open world" divided into districts
>combat is a mix of Dark Souls, Overgrowth, and fucking Gears of War
>music is dark ambient and industrial
>LOTS of blood and gore, adult content such as sex and drugs
>enemies based on a mix of lovecraft, urban legends, and conspiracy theories
>indepth pvp system

What would have been an amazing fighting game that helped to redefine the 3d fighting game genre DIED, so some shitty Souls game could get made. I want you to think about that. The game industry truly is cancer catering to fucking casuals, and I got to see firsthand.

Pic related, one of the areas in their game looks a lot like this tryhard edgy shit. Oh, and this is the kind of music their game is gonna have apparently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvm4HaM0CM

Fucking catering to edgelords. This makes me fucking sick.
>>
>>318746152
your idea sounds dumb
the others sounds indulgent as fuck
stay salty nodev
>>
Nobody cared yesterday and nobody cares today.
>>
>>318746317
How is my idea dumb? Because you suck at fighting games? Stay mad, casual trash.
>>
>violating your NDA
screenshotted and emailed to CC, enjoy your lawsuit
>>
File: faggot pls.png (492 KB, 1852x840) Image search: [Google]
faggot pls.png
492 KB, 1852x840
>>318746152
You already posted this thread twice in the past couple days.
Fuck off, nobody cares about your shit game.
>>
>>318746465
Like I give a fuck, they fucking killed my dream game. And you're a pussy for even threatening that shit.
>>
File: faggot pls2.png (452 KB, 1876x721) Image search: [Google]
faggot pls2.png
452 KB, 1876x721
>>318746651
You called me a faggots ass motherfucker yesterday because you thought I was one of the guys working with you.
>>
>>318746458
also dev
Fighting games are trash, non existent difficulty, complexity, progression or tone curves on a hour to hour basis and trash player retention for anyone who is not a competitive whore witch is like 75% of players.
>>
>>318746634
>Fuck off, nobody cares about your shit game.

If it hadn't gotten canned, a lot of people would have cared. A fucking 3d anime fighter you seriously think that wouldn't be popular as hell? Meanwhile who the fuck wants to play some shit souls clone with places that look like that shit in that pic I posted? Your edgy ass?
>>
>>318746152
All right we get it op, everyday for the last months we had this thread, we got it, you can stop posting now.

If you hate your work you should just quit instead of crying through threads.
>>
File: faggot pls3.png (407 KB, 1840x840) Image search: [Google]
faggot pls3.png
407 KB, 1840x840
>>318746727
I don't play fighting games so I wouldn't know.
What I do know is that repeatedly posting the same thread while being a whiny bitch on an anonymous imageboard doesn't make people want to listen to you.
Now go make another "rainy nights are edgy gritty grimdark shit" thread and PUT ON A FUCKING TRIPCODE SO WE CALL FILTER YOU WORTHLESS ASS.
>>
>>318746716
>trash player retention

Not the genre's fault most people are casual scrubs who want free wins with no effort. Souls pvp fits that, since all you do in those games is invade while someone is fighting a monster and sneak attack them like a bitch. Fighting games are for FUCKING MEN.

And they have more complexity than any other genre of game, why do you think people always want them dumbed down? Even their inputs are too hard for trash like you.
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I have to spend 5 whole minutes mastering an input, this game sucks, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
>>
>>318746634

I saw this shit posted like 6 months ago... I guess OP is still sour.
>>
>>318746861
Don't like it? Don't read it. Pussy. Typical scrub. just like how scrubs like you refuse to learn how to play fighting games, and instead of shutting the fuck up and playing games you do like, you get mad and cry to these companies to get them dumbed down for your fucking simple ass. Shut the fuck up. I doubt you ever even placed at or even entered any tournaments, so far as I am concerned, YOU are the one that's worthless.
>>
File: SLBC4.png (513 KB, 1869x811) Image search: [Google]
SLBC4.png
513 KB, 1869x811
Also the best part is when OP dismisses any criticism with
>u just suck at fighting games if u were good u would care about my awesome game
>>
>>318746864
>most people are casual scrubs who want free wins with no effort
So most people don't want to play your game therefore its a trash investment, jesus are you brain dead?
>And they have more complexity
I did not say they had no complexity, because they do, I said their complexity curve was trash, all mechanics are thrown at the player in the first second and then never expanded upon, thus a trash complexity curve, not trash complexity.
>>
File: i wonder whos behind this post.png (3 MB, 1886x2102) Image search: [Google]
i wonder whos behind this post.png
3 MB, 1886x2102
>>318746971
You seem to have anger problems.
The best treatment is putting on a tripcode so we never have to see your fucking threads again.
>>
>>318747003
Your argument applies to ALL fighting games, by your logic all of them are trash investments. Fuck sakes, Capcom is dumbing down SF4 to be easier with easier inputs, and people are STILL bitching about shit being too hard. Like how the fuck can you be so indept that a fucking qcf input is hard? Do these people have trouble using household appliances too?
>>
God damn OP you're a pretty good shitposter to bait this many people over like 4 or 5 months.
>>
>>318747003
>all mechanics are thrown at the player in the first second and then never expanded upon

>the game doesn't hold my hand and explain everything to me, it sucks

You do know a ton of fighting game mechanics are emergent gameplay and not even shit intended by the designers, right?
>>
File: Wood_Door-Liner_skirting.jpg (25 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
Wood_Door-Liner_skirting.jpg
25 KB, 360x360
>>318747065
There's the door. Leave. Pussy.
>>
>>318747078
Yes thats exactly what I said, you would have figured that out two comments ago if you read my post correctly, the genre as a whole is a trash investment and has crippling limitations.
>>
Is this the same guy as the one who used to continuously post that pasta about having a friend in digipen/college/game company who was making a fighting game that he didn't consider a TRUE fighting game, because it wasn't just a stripped down street fighter clone? And kept mentioning the FGC a lot, and talking about scrubs.

I remember those threads, those were fun.
>>
File: ultralel.jpg (3 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
ultralel.jpg
3 MB, 2000x2000
>>318747209
>>
>>318746152
>fighting games are a niche audience
>action adventure is trending and on the rise
which do you think woould make more money, OP?
>>
>>318747003
You being a lazy shit doesn't make fighters bad, no
stay free nigga
>>
>>318747226
>trash investment
>implying people like Daigo are wasting their life away mastering a complex genre
>meanwhile you're on a trinidadian message board saying fighters are trash because you're too lazy to learn them
>>
File: SLBC8.png (524 KB, 1874x827) Image search: [Google]
SLBC8.png
524 KB, 1874x827
>>318747258
Yeah, it's the same guy.
>>
>>318747139
Read the comment again, it was not about difficulty or complexity it was about difficulty and complexity curves, more specifically about retaining players or installs via the introduction of new mechanics or systems, no publisher, investor or executive ever buys the emergent gameplay argument, which is apparent from the salty nodev getting his shitty idea rejected.
>>
>>318747298
Street Fighter V is set to become the LoL of fighting games. It will prove fighters are a great investment. The genre can only go up, not down. Souls games are a niche and honestly not that interesting, how much sickdark shit can people play really?
>>
Do you work at Dontnod?
I do not think they have the capability to make a decent fighting game. Much less a decent Souls ripoff.
>>
>>318747442
Fighting games are like learning a martial art, you need true dedication to do it, and stick to it. These casuals don't stick to it, they're like the kid who thought doing karate would be cool, takes like 5 classes, then quits because he got his ass beat in a sparring match. The genre has no room for pussies who can't hack it. You wanna learn the mechanics, you go on sites like SRK.com and make a thread, and start reading up. Or watch youtube videos. There's no excuse.
>>
File: cat shitting.jpg (404 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cat shitting.jpg
404 KB, 1600x1200
>>318747378
You really do like edgy shit, Edgelord McTryHardderson.
>>
>>318747378

I remember now!

SUPERIOR
LIMB
BASED
COMBAT
>>
>>318747452
what does SFV being the most popular in it's own genre have to do with it's genre's popularity compared to other genres?
>>
File: 1402497622039.jpg (37 KB, 238x289) Image search: [Google]
1402497622039.jpg
37 KB, 238x289
>>318746458
>Stay mad, casual trash
>Making 3d fighting game
>3d
>Calling others casual
>>
>>318747551
>These casuals don't stick to it
Exactly right, which is why not much money is made on projects like this, which is why the salty nodev got his idea rejected, so you agree with me then? thats good, glad we are at an understanding.
>>
>>318747618
What does this have to do with anything?
Did you read your post before clicking "Submit"?
>>318747625
I preferred that shitposting phase though, I wish he'd come back to it.
>>
Both games sound like shit. Fuck off, OP. Enjoy your terrible studio.
>>
>>318747692
Tekken takes more skill and time to get good in than any shallow 2d fighter. It's why most don't play it.

>>318747698
Disgusting that a good idea gets shafted so a souls clone can be made for the sake of money.
>>
you're not a dev and you didn't have any project, you're just an underage autist who complains about Souls games every day
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/sickdark/
>>
NOBODY GIVES A FUCK YOU CHEETO DUSTED SCUM. "Anime fighting game" have been a thing for awhile, and guess what? They are literally mediocrity. Your game, your "Magnum Opus", was garbage for the beginning. The fucking fact that you thought you could waltz into the gaming industry and make "muh dream game" is fucking laughable. Stay salty you neckbeard piece of shit. Nobody will ever care.
>>
/v/ - Video game related drama
>>
>>318746152
Then save up money and make your own game. The Suits are gonna make what they think will sell.
>>
>>318747859
Shit man its almost like a business needs to make money so it can continue operating to be able to pay its god damn employees so they can feed their fucking family's, who the fuck cares about original ideas in this fucking industry when every one makes the shit money they do.
>>
>>318747895
>mfw some of those posts are mine and I recognize them, and a lot actually aren't
>mfw I realize sickdark is becoming more known now
>mfw my great work will soon be complete
>>
>>318747987
>"Anime fighting game" have been a thing for awhile, and guess what? They are literally mediocrity.

Guilty Gear and Blazblue beg to differ. And my game was going to reinvigorate the 3d fighter. Instead though, you can have fun playing some edgy tryhard sickdark souls ripoff.
>>
>>318746152
>3d fighter
>anime mechanics
So, you did Fate/Unlimited Codes?
>>
File: 1375577980676.jpg (53 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1375577980676.jpg
53 KB, 500x364
since we're posting niche game ideas that will never happen here's mine.

>giant robot/monster fighter
>5 player co-op
>one player per limb and one player working the head/torso.
>if a plater fails to connect/disconnects their control goes to one of the team mates. it is entirely possible to play solo, but very very difficult to do.
>view is in first person for all players, so the head/torso pilot arguably has the most important job.
>no weapons, just giant monsters/robots beating the crap out of each other.
>>
>>318748143
>fuck good ideas, just churn out shit we know sells

This is the mentality behind CoD btw. Never imagined the day /v/ would be defending shit like that. No wonder there's so many posts that bash Japanese games now, this board has been near fully westernized now by westaboos.
>>
I play fighting games, this one sounds like a mess.
>>
File: 1258909746932.jpg (3 KB, 126x110) Image search: [Google]
1258909746932.jpg
3 KB, 126x110
>>318748219
>edgy tryhard sickdark
HE SAID IT
I've been waiting the whole thread for this.
Thanks SLBC man.
>>
>>318746152
>3d fighting game
FGC would have hated it anyways
>>
>>318748271
That's a party game, not a fighter. My game was a real fighting game.

>>318748221
My game was going to be a thousand times better than that was. Also cel shaded, since that ages better. Unlike this soul clone, which uses realism artstyle and graphics. This game will look like shit 5 months after release, just like Bloodborne does now.
>>
>>318746152
If you wanted my sympathy then the game that got more funding shouldn't have sounded a lot better than the shit you wanted to do
>>
>>318748282
Yeh thing is activation/blizzard has enough stability that an employee doesn't have to worry about being left out of pocket if a game tanks.

You are thinking about this from the perspective of some autistic basement neckbeard rather then a a guy who has a god damn family to look after. Which one do you think is more important?
>>
>>318748380
>My game was going to be a thousand times better than that was
Gotta love this anon.
>>
>>318748271
I've wanted this game for over twenty years.
>>
>>318748373
I was going to fix what is wrong with 3d fighters. I did research, and got inspired by posts on the VF fan forums, where someone brought up the issue 3d fighters have with retaining and getting new players compared to 2d fighters, and how anime game mechanics can boost the genre.
>>
>>318746152
You don't just join a game studio thinking you could just have the first project be your dream game, holy fuck.
Not to mention you sound like a whiny bitch, and I'm sure it shows.
>>
File: wonnoe the pu.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
wonnoe the pu.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>318748502
>I was going to fix what is wrong with 3d fighters
>I'm an idea guy
>>
>>318748380
that's why I said fighter, not fighting game. my idea is technically a moba (and so is yours), but I'm not going to call it that.
>>
>>318748435
My game could have reinvigorated and saved the 3d fighting game genre, which sadly is dying due to the most popular 3d fighters dying out and failing to get new blood. That is more important than some guy who can just get a new damn job to "feed his family". I've been eating fucking cat food to get by, you think I feel pity for that?
>>
File: 1446633813775.jpg (119 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1446633813775.jpg
119 KB, 500x390
>>318746864
exavtly why the game is scrapped, if you don't want to cater to an enlarged demographic you'll lose out. This is another problem in gaming, a game can cater for both comp and casual, put some effort in and give two systems in the one game to keep a moderate player base.

Sick of elitists who see it in black or white, you're the problem
>>
>>318748584
>My game could have reinvigorated and saved the 3d fighting game genre
How fucking delusional can one person get.
>>
>>318748560
My idea was NOT a moba. Don't you dare compare it to that trash genre made for scrubs. That souls clone is closer to a moba than my game is, mine is about punishment. You fuck up, you LOSE. Not this casual style pvp where people jump people from behind an alley or some shit and backstab them like a lil bitch.
>>
>>318748584
About as much pity as anyone here feels for you, i.e. none. Go whine somewhere else.
>>
>>318746909
He's not sour though, he's falseflagging the first idea to get praise for his actual idea, the second.

If he just pitched us the second one we'd all trash it. And it's working, next to that faggot idea helmed by a whiny retard persona he made up, that second idea looks like GOTY
>>
>>318748584
the fighting game genre has become defined, there is no innovating left to do. angthing new you want to do will be shot down by both corporate and the fans because it's not doesn't conform to the genre standards that fans come to expect and corporate know they'll buy.
>>
>>318748726
I think you're overthinking all of this.
OP is just a sad sack of shit that has never set foot in a game studio.
>>
>>318748665
Oh but I remember when Miyazaki was talking Bloodborne up with all his sickdark dramatic ideas about the combat making you feel what it's like to be in a fight for your life, and being affected by despair and shit, these edgelords ate that crap up. Guess it's ok to be a visionary, so long as your vision is SICK, and DARK.

Bet if my game was some edge shit with realism graphics and all the teens were replaced by eldritch abominations killing and torturing each other to gain followers and countries worldwide, that would be sooooooooooooo cool huh?
>>
>>318748781
>the fighting game genre has become defined, there is no innovating left to do.

Explain Guilty Gear Xrd then. That game redefined 2d fighters, by using an innovative way of using 3d models as sprites. Skullgirls was another big innovator of the genre.
>>
>>318748826
>sickdark
>edgelords
>sick
>dark
>edge
Calm down man. Do you even realize everybody in this thread is laughing at you? Don't make your case worse.
>>
File: Illaoi.jpg (71 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Illaoi.jpg
71 KB, 800x450
Not that faggot OP but

>Intern at Riot Games for my art major a year ago
>One of the concept artists asks me and another intern about champ ideas
>I talk about a tall buff guy that summons void tentacles to fuck shit up, the other intern says a big lesbian who's also a monk and black for some reason
>concept artist laughs at us and walks off

This shit hurts
>>
>>318746152
3d fighting games ruined the genre tho...
>>
I really hope this a copy pasta
You sound like an insufferable idea guy which is the worst thing anyone ever wants in their game studio
>>
>>318748667
your game has:
>Multiplayer; more than one player
>Online; connected to other clients via the internet
>Battle; self explanatory
>Arena; self explanatory
>>
>>318749028
He seems to rewrite it every day so he can't be filtered like he should though.
That's some dedication.
>>
>>318749017
How? Tekken and SC didn't ruin shit. Casuals wanting nothing but SF ruined the genre.
>>
I just got a call from the Studio. I'm not out of a job despite my game being cut. Instead I'm being transferred to help work on this fucking edgy souls clone. Fuck this goddamn shit.
>>
>>318749195
No you didn't.
Stop lying on the internet.
>>
>>318749010
Ouch man.
>>
>>318748905
what did they change about the core mechanics of fighting games that redefined the genre and changed how the game was played?
>>
>>318749243
I just got the call man. I'm so sick of this shit. First my magnum opus gets ruined, now I gotta help work on the game that killed it? That's like catching your wife in bed with a black man, and now you gotta prep his dick to go in her cunt.
>>
>>318749398
Okay you can stop now.
>>
>>318749332
Skullgirls added the IPS system, which prevents infinites, let you choose your own assists, have 1v1/1v2/1v3 matches, and used a special coding to make special move inputs easier to do while not dumbing down the actual inputs.

Now what did Souls or Bloodborne do to bring anything new or worthwhile to gaming?
>>
>>318749195
>Get a job at a game studio unrelated to fighting games
>Think I'm the hottest shit ever and tell them why they should make my dream fighting game
>They don't share my passion for fighting games and decide to focus on something else
>They make it a dark and moody game unlike my colorful anime idea set in japan
>They have the gal to tell me I have to work on it for a living
Getting a job must suck man, I feel you.
>>
File: weeaboo.jpg (48 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.jpg
48 KB, 640x512
>>318748282
I've been here over a decade and people have always bashed Japanese games.
>>
>>318749010
>Art major
>Giving any idea to an artist

Holy fuck anon, you should just crawl back into your mom's dummy maker and start over
>>
>>318749828
Not to the extent they do now. You'd NEVER see a post badmouthing Kamiya.
>>
>>318749514
only "new" thing I'm seeing here is 1v2/3 and smash had that from the beginning.
>>
>>318750001
Yeah you do, but they get blocked
>>
File: 20131101_174307-1.jpg (780 KB, 1367x1152) Image search: [Google]
20131101_174307-1.jpg
780 KB, 1367x1152
>>318750001
kamiya? more like commie, yah?
>>
>>318750001
Kamiya is a faggot
>>
>>318750096
>doesn't break the 2nd bar
didn't even flinch
>>
>>318746152
>And guess what, my project gets scrapped and loses funding, to instead funnel more funding into some fucking Soul's ripoff

Good.
fighting games are more autistic games than pokemon. Juggling is dumb as fuck and boring to watch.
Souls games at least have combat that is entertaining. Sorry aspie, im siding with the "casual party gamers" on this one.

sincerely: an old fag.
>>
>>318749514
their pvp system is unique.
>>
>>318750653
It isn't half as skillfull or entertaining as fighting game matches.

>>318750529
>Juggling is dumb as fuck and boring to watch.

No fun allowed
>>
>>318750775
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TfQzyo0Imqo
>>
>>318746716
Not him but you are officially a fucking idiot if you think fighters have no difficulty
>>
>>318746152
After skimming through this thread i have come to conclusion that not only does your idea sound shitty but you're fucking shitty.
>>
>>318747003
You know most fighters now have tutorials that explain how to play the game?

Besides, you're usually playing against other people, there's typically no cut and dry formula to just win. You just have to adapt.

Tldr plzgitgud
>>
File: dimple.png (120 KB, 264x667) Image search: [Google]
dimple.png
120 KB, 264x667
>all these people who don't regocnize this copypasta
Christ, this pasta is probably older than you.
>>
Don't work in a creative field if you can't secure enough creative control.

No point.

Basically avoid the "creative" industry like the plague it is.
>>
>>318747698
Hate to say he has a point but he does.

Street fighter is just a game that alot of people played growing up and if they haven't, they heard gramps talking about his "back in my day" arcade stories or whatever. Capcom can afford to make it because street fighter is sort of a household name, although not on the level of Mario.

Not to mention daigo parry exposed alot of people to the world of competitive fighters,myself included.

Not to mention, Capcom had so many successful franchises to fall back on, they could take a financial blow if they somehow manage to completely fuck street fighter.

Otherwise, you have to be a studio dedicated to making these kinds of games like ArcSystem Works, have a big name franchise like Netherrealm Studios(Mortal Kombat) or just be independent.

Most studios are just looking to cash in on whatever is hot right now and while esports is a big thing, that's largely reserved for games like cowadoody and lol, not fighters.

Otherwise Skullgirls would have taken off because imo, it's the best fighter released since mvc2.
>>
File: 1447704346849.jpg (48 KB, 372x630) Image search: [Google]
1447704346849.jpg
48 KB, 372x630
>>318751647

He has modified it slightly, to keep up with the times.

I remember before, when it was his friend/colleague at Digipen, it was going to be a realistic fighting game that had elements of randomness in the stage and more sim-like controls.
Now, it's a Souls clone, because Souls is the 'in' thing a lot more compared to, like, three years ago when he was doing this.

There are the things that give it away as being the same guy though. The insistence on distinguishing between 'party games' and 'fighting games'. The holding up of Tekken and 3D fighters as the platonic ideal of fighting. References to grimdark and edge, calling people scrubs. Also, mention of the FGC in some cases.

I mean, this is some serious dedication to the craft, when you think about it. This guy has been at it for years, and none of it appears to be lazy copy pasta. I love it.
>>
>>318751497
>you're fucking shitty
I have a feeling a soulsbabby made this post Tbh
>>
>>318748219
>And my game was going to reinvigorate the 3d fighter.
Well, dream big anon. It's good to see confidence. Sorry to hear about that.

That said, something about merging a 3d fighter with an anime airdasher just doesn't sit well with me. Not saying it can't be done, just... Eh you have to do things perfect.
>>
>>318752552
Yeah, have to give him credit, shitposting like this takes real dedication. And sometimes when more people take the bait the conversation might actually even become something. I remember couple threads that then became discussion about FGC and one about the fighting games themselves.
>>
>>318748282
Let's not pretend that Japanese developers aren't churning out bug-eyed anime RPG waifu simulators.
>>
>>318752815

Yeah, it's an interesting discussion. And it just goes to show that good bait works.

I think that this guy has outlasted FLAOT poster.
>>
>>318748290
Whew, I thought I was the only one.

>>318748502
>virtua fighter

No one would have played the same game anyway.

;_;
>>
>>318748584
>I've been eating fucking cat food to get by, you think I feel pity for that?

Is no one gonna say anything about this?

Really?
>>
>>318747859
>Disgusting that a good idea

>3d fighting game
>air dashes, air combos, air juggles, wire attacks, ceiling and wall juggles, super moves, EX moves, a super cancel system similar to HYPER/MAX in later KoF games, the works

That's cool and all, but where are the ideas?
>>
>>318753208
he didn't choose the prawn life...
>>
>>318748905
Pretty sure xrd isn't the first 2d fighter to use models instead of sprites.

And Skullgirls, as good as it was, was just a more refined mvc2.

He's sorta right. There isn't alot of innovation that can be done in fighters, or hell, games in general. It's just about introducing fun, solid mechanics.
>>
File: 1448047751916.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448047751916.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
>creative director
>>
>>318749195
Shut up and do your fucking job. At least you get to work in game development. Maybe you'll be able to start your own project after this one OR BETTER YET, maybe you can start up on your own in your off time, create some sort of prototype and either a) get the company to help you finish it or b) get a few of the people from the dev team to help you out and do your own independent thing.

Basically, you should be thankful you're not out of a job and you shouldn't be waiting for the company to ALLOW you to make your dream game. You should already be fucking DOING it.

>Shialabeouf.jpg
>>
>>318750028
You mean you've encountered a system that prevented loops and infinites from happening too? Admittedly ips kicks in at weird times sometimes but it's still pretty brilliant.

The smash comparison is just wrong.
>>
>>318746152
>3d fighting game
I'll take the Soul's ripoff alright.
Also why don't you just make an action RPG you idiot, it has bigger and wider audience target than fighting game.
>>
>>318746152
Dear OP,

I've read through your comments and can understand your anger. The real thing is though, not everybody can have everything in live. This happens to be your occassion on this particular topic.

Don't be afraid though, games aren't everything that matters in life. Start to question life itself, yourself, and the answers will come eventually while time flies.

Have a good day.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.