[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it succeed? Will it fail? Will it be good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 7
File: nx logo v5.png (94 KB, 1490x1144) Image search: [Google]
nx logo v5.png
94 KB, 1490x1144
Will it succeed? Will it fail?
Will it be good?
>>
>>318739491
Yes. No.
_No.
>>
Can I fuck it?
>>
i dunno. im going to go with fail. unless it launches with a mario, zelda, and metroid game all at the same time.

like all modern day systems it will launch with no games and wont get any until a year later.
>>
I hoped the failures of the Wii U which was a good system with good games, but was crippled by Nintendos delusions and terrible business practices would finally wake them up. Instead they seem dead set on taking a kayak over the cliff.

I kind of want the NX to fail whether I like it or not so they might finally get the picture, but knowing my luck they will find another dumbass audience big enough to save them like they did with the Wii.
>>
>>318739709
They might give it Zelda as a launch boost. Pikmin 4 is also rumored to be in-development so they might make that a launch title. If the NX is as strong as the PS4 and Xbone it might even get multiplats on there. There's plenty of rumors about the NX getting a port of FFXV too.
>>
>>318739709
>metroid
you wish
it's going to launch with mario, zelda, and kirby
>>
>>318739842
>Instead they seem dead set on taking a kayak over the cliff.
Literally the only thing we know about the NX so far is that it'll be amiibo compatible and that it's a console.
>>
>>318739948
I don't need to know anything about their current product to know all the same bad people minus Iwata and all the same bad ideas are still pretty flagrant in the companies halls. The fact that they aren't making obvious statements about it, like how powerful it might be or what kind of system it will even be, shows when it is supposedly less than a year away from launch mean they're probably going full gimmick again.
>>
>>318739491
it will sell like shit for the first two years, then probably pick up after that.
if sony doesn't put out another portable, then nintendo has nothing to worry about.
and, yes, this shit is going to be a unified system with handheld and console components.
handheld will probably be huge, 'cause everyone bought the 3ds xls. resolution will still suck, 'cause everyone bought the xls and didn't give a shit.
>>
>>318740152
>when it is supposedly less than a year away from launch
It's not.

And what about the PS4 and Xbone? They were revealed and launched in the same year.
>>
>>318739709
>mario, zelda, and metroid
Just like wiiu. Nintendo fans will eat the usual rehash, then downfall from that point.
>>
>>318740259
Oh yeah how could I forget Medtroid on Wii U
And the new Zelda that already came out

Retard
>>
>>318740152
That's literally all assumption. It's a nintendo console, so it's gonna have a gimmick, yes, but probably just the controller style or something. Maybe it'll have connectivity with the 3DS. It won't stop regular games from being playable. The big thing Nintendo has to do is not fuck up the name.

>>318740181
Nintendo doesn't have anything to worry about anyways because Sony has made two portable flops in a row.
>>
>>318740259
>uncharted, asscreed and call of duty
Just like ps4. Sony fans will eat the usual rehash, then downfall from that point.
>>
>>318739491
>Will it succeed? Will it fail?
depends if they set out to make a PS4 X1 alternative and only offer better framerate and Nintendo 1st party games NX will fail, If they go backwards and try to offer a simpler Wii style approach to the console with a simplified controller (1 analog stick, no Dpad, 4 face buttons max) it'll succeed despite NOA's terrible marketing.

Will it be good?
No.
>>
File: 1449089689862.png (134 KB, 255x287) Image search: [Google]
1449089689862.png
134 KB, 255x287
>It's a NX thread
>>
>>318740232
People keep mentioning the Nintendo Cycle, but considering Nintendo's always announced that stuff on their own time, I don't think that's the case. Plus, the Wii U only having a single big release after the Summer is not exactly looking like Nintendo is still supporting it.
>>
>>318740330
>but probably just the controller style or something
so just like the wii u?

>Maybe it'll have connectivity with the 3DS
so just like the wii u?

>It won't stop regular games from being playable.
so just like the wii u?
>>
File: idiots.png (71 KB, 1560x310) Image search: [Google]
idiots.png
71 KB, 1560x310
>>318740181
>and, yes, this shit is going to be a unified system with handheld and console components.

Nintendo isn't making a unified console, they'd literally be shooting themselves in the foot. The 3DS is their only solid money-maker right now and abandoning it would look terrible for them, not to mention not help them with sales.
>>
It's Nintendo. Nintendo's loyal band of fanboys will line up to buy it and keep them a float but it will likely still be the same shit Nintendo's been rehashing since the 80s and the fanboys will shout GAME OF THE YEAR for being given the chance to throw the same fucking boomerang again
>>
>>318740232
>They were revealed and launched in the same year.

Yeah but they also didn't tease the name and cripple their own previous systems sales by saying a new one was coming out in a few yeas. The NX is a special case, where a guy opened his mouth a bit too early about something that probably shouldn't have been announced until about half a year from now. Another bad decisions of theirs and maybe Iwata's "the Saturn is not our future" moment.
>>
>>318740494
It's Sony. Sony's loyal band of fanboys will line up to buy it and keep them a float but it will likely still be the same shit Sony's been rehashing since the 90s and the fanboys will shout GAME OF THE YEAR for being given the chance to throw the same fucking boomerang again
>>
>>318740423
Honestly, with all the criticism towards the tablet controller god I wish it caught on, it's so good I doubt Nintendo will try anything that big. I'm willing to bet the new controller will have gyro controls and maybe some sort of touch pad like the PS4. No screen though.
>>
Nintendo
+
Xbox
>>
>>318740536
>cripple their own previous systems sales by saying a new one was coming out in a few yeas.
>implying the Wii U could sell any more than this
>>
>>318740385
There is not a "Nintendo cycle" but ignoring the fact fact Nintendo never launches a home console the same year they first show it, it's stupid.
The Wii U might have only one game left but doesn't mean jack shit. The Wii was in the same situation during its last year of life and yet the Wii U launched the year after its first reveal.
>>
what does NX stand for
>>
>>318740634
>>318740587
WOW FAMIRY
>>
>>318740634
NeXt
>>
>>318740597
A company has to believe in their product or no one will. If enough products come out that even they don't support why should anyone support them? History repeating.
>>
>>318740481
unified system, making it easy to develop games for either platform, and, thus, having most games on both platforms without the large development costs.

nx isn't coming out tomorrow. nintendo will abandon it eventually.

why must i cry. why.
>>
>>318740481
>put the next pokemon on it as a bundle launch title
>millions of people buy it week 1
nah, handheld's a great idea
>>
can nintendo finally be only a game dev company now
they fail at consoles
>>
>>318740587
This
>Metroid x Halo is coming
>Banjo in Smash
>F-Zero x Forza
>Gears of War x FE
What a time to be alive
>>
>>318740712
That's retarded. They'd have to have two separate dev teams for each game.

Plus, it'd make the overall unit cost that much more expensive. And it'd likely gimp the power of the home unit. It is just stupid.
>>
>>318740707
Why would they not cripple the Wii U? It's still getting games, but it's barely selling at all. It's making them money. They have a strong core fanbase with a large attach rate who buy 90% of what they put out.

All the people they care about, their loyal consumers, already have a fucking Wii U. They're not looking to grow more. They're looking to release the last few games they have to release on the Wii U, make the last money they're going to make on it, and start fresh on a new console with new possibilities.

Because, again, everyone they're interested in already owns the console. There's nobody to "not support" the Wii U left.
>>
>>318740792
Hey nigger, their handhelds are pretty gud
>But muh 240p screen
That's not the only Nintendo handheld y'know
>>
>>318740613
>The Wii was in the same situation during its last year of life and yet the Wii U launched the year after its first reveal.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo was not worried when the unit was literally making them free money for 6 years. Wii U is not in that same position.
>>
No, Nintendo is all washed up.

No one cares about the brand in the West.

You look at all the games that came out this year from Nintendo - each and every title got swept under the rug.

The gaming press will never praise Nintendo with a GOTY accolade because Nintendo's audience does not align with the rest of the gaming industry's audience.

Nintendo's crime is being a games company when everyone wants story and no one cares about gameplay.

The company will feebly try to build some brand recognition with movie tie-ins and television series. However, unless the NX goes for $100 - no one is going to come on board.

The casuals are content with their phablets. The hardcores have PCs and PS4s.

But I could be wrong.
>>
>>318740634
Doesn't really matter because it's just a codename.
>>
>>318740919
>They'd have to have two separate dev teams for each game.
Why? The point of a unified system would be making the same game to be playable on two formats of console.
If the console architecture is the same, making the game for both handheld and home should be ez
>>
>>318740890
Those are the most disgusting combos outside of Banjo.
>>
>>318740919
Yeah, because consoles and handhelds work exactly the same, right?

And since the PS4 and Xbone are PC architectures, our ports should be amazing, right?

Wrong, idiot. Think about this. PS4 and Xbone are pretty similar, so they should have similar devs, right? PSVita and PS4 are pretty similar, right?

The only thing Nintendo's next handheld and the NX are going to share is an OS. They still need separate teams to port the game.
>>
>>318741041
>You look at all the games that came out this year from Nintendo - each and every title got swept under the rug.

What is Splatoon and Super Mario Maker then
>>
>>318741041
>The hardcores have PCs and PS4s.

>thinking any hardcore gamer would prioritize a PS4 over a Wii U
>>
>>318741119
>Not wanting to kill Locust scum as Roy
What a faggot
>>
>>318740919
it would be optional, tard. it would only make development easier. if it gimped anything, it wouldn't make a difference. people love the 3ds, and games look and play like shit.

you should tell the boi devs to use multiple dev teams.
>>
>>318741176
meant for >>318741065
>>
>>318740707
>hey guys we're partnering up with Dena to make mobile games
>Will you be making a new console?
>.....
Yeah that would have been a smart move
Right
>>
>>318741005
Better example, the Wii was first shown in 2005 (and mentioned as code name "revolution" during 2004, like the NX is just a code name) and launched the year after, 2006.
And in this case, you can't say "it's not in the same position" : the GC was the worst selling Nintendo home console (before the Wii U) and it was a marketing clusterfuck, and yet Nintendo waited one year (two if you count 2004 "revolution") before launching the Wii.
Wii U's situation it's irrilevant like GC's one was during 2005.
>>
>>318741041
>The hardcores have PCs and PS4s.
When you say this, you mean "hardcores", right? PCs I can get behind, but PS4 is the lowest-common-denominator console. It's THE casual console.

Nintendo games are niche and challenging. People avoid them because they appear childish, or because Nintendo has an outwards reputation of being casual. But any person who would fall for that can't be a hardcore gamer, because a hardcore gamer would know the opposite, that Nintendo offers more "hardcore" games than any other company - PC gaming excluded, of course.

Isn't the desire to appear hardcore, rather than the sheer desire to actually play good games, the very essence of casualness?
>>
>>318739491
The console will be the best of its generation but know one will buy it because niggers and codbros don't like Nintendo.
>>
>>318741346
Gamecube had far more third-party support and sold twice as many units at this point.
>>
>>318741176
None of those were created with that purpose in mind.
Both formats of the NX are made by Nintendo with easy porting in mind so I'm sure they'll make the hardware to work with that.
>>
>>318741378
so just like the wii u?
>>
File: dismay.jpg (34 KB, 250x267) Image search: [Google]
dismay.jpg
34 KB, 250x267
>the NX is gonna have some bullshit like the N3DS where it will run Wii U games better on the new hardware making the Wii U obsolete

I want this to happen so fucking bad

I bought a Wii U on launch and I've wanted a reason to retire this fucking waste of money for months now
>>
>>318741463
Pretty much.

If you have a gaming PC, there's really not much reason to own either Xbox or PS consoles. But that's why there are niggers and codbros, again.
>>
>>318741494
>I want this to happen so fucking bad
why would you want that? this is the worst thing they could do
>>
>>318741494
I see no reason for them to diss Wii U backward compatibility. Although, I think it would be through emulation because if Nintendo really wants their hardware to move into the modern age, they're going to have to let go of the PPC architecture, which means no native backward compat with the GC, Wii, and the Wii U (Wii U has native GC compat through homebrew, which is why I'm listing the GC).
>>
>>318741443
Porting has to take hardware into mind too. You can't just use the same assests, not to mention portable games have to be way the fuck smaller than their console variants. It's more than just "down-scaling". Custom textures need to be made, custom lower-poly models, draw distance has to be tested, button arrangements must be fixed, text needs to be resized, and so on.

It's a lot hard than just changing some values.
>>
>>318741516
There's one reason for each console:

Bloodborne and Scalebound.
>>
>>318741654
PC games do it all the time with low-medium-high-ultra setting. I see no problem.
>>
>>318741567
because the Wii U on its own can't stand up against the PS4 and Xbone

considering they're going to start selling Wii U gamepads on their own in Japan they just need to spit out a new normal console not focused on gimmicks but make Wii U backwards compatibility an option

just make the Wii U an addon to the new console necessarily, get rid of it

every time a game forces me to play with the gamepad I get fucking pissed; who asked for this shit?
>>
File: NX.png (24 KB, 636x365) Image search: [Google]
NX.png
24 KB, 636x365
The NX can only succeed if it is able graphically to compete with the One and the PS4, yet bring something new to the table that the other two consoles don't.

It also needs to be compatible with the WiiU and 3DS, perhaps as the third sector of the current Nintendo lineup. This way current WiiU and 3DS owners won't feel abandoned, nor would they need to purchase one.

It would mainly be targeted at people who want to take their console experience on the go. Maybe a Nintendo tablet, Nintendo smartphone, or, as a stretch, a Nintendo gaming laptop.

I actually think the smartphone idea would be the more realistic option(barring overwhelming competition from Apple and Samsung). Plug it into your TV at home for the console experience, take it outside to play Dena/Nintendo mobile games like MiiToMo or Pokemon Go. I'm assuming it would also come with it's own gimmick controller that would enable the smartphone, or whichever mobile device they chose,to be docked into to resemble the WiiU gamepad.

But realistically, these are the only options they have. And, realistically, knowing Nintendo, they'll do something else and fuck up completely this gen.
>>
you know gaming is dead when people care more about sales than actual games.
>>
>>318741760
>PC games do it all the time with low-medium-high-ultra setting
For example, GTAV on its lowest setting would never run on a 3DS.

I doubt most PC games would. They have to be lowered still. Are you following me?
>>
>>318741795
>considering they're going to start selling Wii U gamepads on their own in Japan

they've been doing this since 2012
http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/13/3325322/nintendo-wii-u-accessories-roundup-from-nintendo-direct-japan
>>
>>318741795
>every time a game forces me to play with the gamepad I get fucking pissed
So you own all 3 games that make you play with the gamepad?
>>
>>318741907
I think all the sales talk is because you can objectively prove one is better than the other, whereas opinions on games are inherently subjective.
>>
>>318741654
Hardware is getting to the point where you can very easily make a game look good both on a console and on a handheld just by downgrading. Look at the PS4 and the Vita. The PS4 is running on 4/5-year-old tech, the Vita is running on 6/7-year-old tech. The mobile sector being so profitable has massively increased the rate at which small, efficient, powerful, cheap components are being made.

I don't think it's impossible that Nintendo could put out a console specifically designed to play every game in both a handheld and console configuration simply by lowering the quality of various effects in the game.
>>
File: consider_the_following[1].png (264 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following[1].png
264 KB, 1000x1000
>>318741932
there are x86 smartphones that can run skyrim, so the portable NX running PC games isn't that far-fetched
>>
>>318741567
How could it be the worst thing to do? If it's actually going to be it's own dedicated new gen console, what would be wrong about having it run Wii U games better?

That's like saying a GC running an N64 game at a higher res and framerate is a stupid idea.

>>318741721
Yes I see that. Bloodborne is an actually good game, and I doubt Scalebound will be terrible but that's one exclusive for each console. Nintendo makes many exclusives that are actually pretty good and make it worth owning their consoles for in every generation. Sony has made the PS1, PS2, and PS3 full of good exclusives but the PS4 is just not there yet. Xbox has even had some decent exclusives before the One. Some of the launch exclusives this gen were pretty terrible on both sides, too.

I'm not saying Nintendo had amazing launch titles either, most of them were just ports and then there was NSMBU, which wasn't a total game-changer but is arguably one of the better NSMB games.
>>
>>318741995
>So you own all 3 games

you could have left it at that

don't pretend this system has a wide selection of games
>>
>>318741932
No shit.
We're not talking about the 3DS but the NX though.

It was just an example. PC games always get different graphic detail levels, so Nintendo could do the same to make the same games work on the portable NX and the home NX at different resolutions and graphics settings.
>>
>>318741850
>the One
lol

You know, it's funny that Microsoft seriously thought people were going to call their console this. It's funny that it backfired so perfectly.
>>
>>318742075
What exactly do you mean by run Wii U games better anyway?
>>
>>318741280
The smart move would of been to hide both things from the public for as long as possible or at least not comment about it, the whole dena bullshit was non-stop bad press anyway.
>>
>>318742045
Aren't most smartphones sold at a loss?
>>
>>318741932
>GTAV would never work on a 3DS
hmph, i know that nintendo's hybrid idea can't work because you can't play bloodborne on a gameboy advance
>>
>>318742019
>you can objectively prove one is better than the other
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no

If there's one reason to talk about sales it's because a console that doesn't sell won't get many games in the future.
>>
>>318742080
it has more exclusives than the ps4
>>
>>318742038
Let's be realistic here though: It's Nintendo. They don't make good hardware. They never have since the Super Nintendo.

I doubt the 3DS successor (if there is one, I really think it is way too early for a successor.) will be higher than 480p.
>>
>>318742135
I don't know. The original comment literally says "some bullshit like the N3DS where Wii U games will run better on the new console."

Maybe they can actually pull something off like better loading times, more constant framerate on games that dip, able to run games 1080p natively, maybe even game-specific changes (for example, raise Xenoblade X's draw distance for people and monsters or objects in the world). Things like that.
>>
>>318742230
amd has explicitly said they're assisting with hardware this time though
take that as you may
>>
>>318742175
I'm just giving an example dude.

Let's go by Mario 3D world then. I think even if they massively downgraded the graphics it still wouldn't run well on the 3DS, not to mention they'd have to change things that are in crisp 720p to the 240p screen.

Just look at the port of Hyrule Warriors for crying out loud. That game barely runs on the Wii U and the 3DS version can't even be open world anymore because of all the limitations.
>>
>>318742259
And when I mean 1080p games natively I mean turn native 720p Wii U games up to actual 1080p
>>
>>318742135
Some older 3DS games when played on the New 3DS had updates roll out to take advantage of the new hardware and help with performance.
>>
>>318740972
>All the people they care about, their loyal consumers,

Companies don't acknowledge or know who their loyal customers are all they want is new customers. In accounting on corporate levels if you're not growing you're stagnating. Hurting your brand so you can name drop a product that wont be out for a while was a dumb move and a sign of bad faith to their supposed "loyal fans" who already owned the system they were supposedly still supporting.
>>
>>318742327
That'll be the day. Hardware emulation has been shit for a very long time. I'm amazed that SONY is still trying at this point.
>>
>>318742325
Again, those consoles were not made to play the same games. The NX might be different.
>>
>>318742303
>amd has explicitly said they're assisting with hardware this time though
so just like the wii u, wii and gamecube?
>>
>>318742230
The N64 and Gamecube were both competitors in terms of power to their competition. The N64 was hated for being cartridge-based, and the Gamecube was up against the fucking PS2 (which doubled as a dvd player) and used stupid mini-discs.

If they're going for a hybrid gimmick then they have to make powerful hardware. It wouldn't work otherwise.

>>318742259
>raise Xenoblade X's draw distance
Its draw distance is already bigger than any AAA game on the market, you can see fucking everything. There might not be a max. draw distance.
>>
>>318742335
Only with loading times, to my knowledge. Most games perform exactly the same.
>>
>>318742384
Why would Nintendo intentionally tell 3DS owners to get a hybrid console? If they share the same library, what's the point of making different consoles?

We already know people don't buy consoles for whichever one has the best graphics or games, it's all marketing.
>>
>>318742303
Wait woah what? I never heard this. Where did you get this info

>>318742230
>they never have since the super nintendo
Nigger what the fuck is the GameCube? Sure it didn't have a DVD player (panasonic q not included) or higher capacity disks but in raw power it was the second strongest in the generation. And there were multi-disk games to go around the higher capacity thing anyway.

>>318742419
Draw distance on people in NLA or monsters in the field. Have you seen videos of XCX? There's pop-in in a lot of places.
>>
>>318742359
>In accounting on corporate levels if you're not growing you're stagnating.
It's terrible business practice to spend massive amounts of time and resources to increase the fanbase of a console which hasn't grown despite your best efforts and which already has a dedicated following.

They are way better off biding their time until the NX comes out, since any money they spend on that will be much more efficient at growing their consumer base. Until then, they have a nice, solid business which is still making a profit, and Amiibos to reserve shelf space.
>>
>>318742483
>Nigger what the fuck is the GameCube?

I'm referring more to the handhelds, sorry if that was confusing. But the Gamecube isn't that much stronger than the PS2. It is better, yes, but only so many games took advantage of it.
>>
Can't really see it taking off THAT munch unless they finally manage to get the best multiplats.
And it will be even harder now since everyone went and bought PS4.

Nintendo's first party stuff doesn't really seem to be that big of a system seller anymore. They need multiplats and third party exclusives or we are looking at another Wii U I think.
>>
>>318742335
Smash and MH4U are the only two that do anything other than boot faster, and both of those were programmed with the n3ds in mind. Meaning the NX might have improvements to Zelda and Star Fox, if that.
>>
>>318742419
>There might not be a max. draw distance.
Draw distance hasn't been an issue for years now. It's more about LoD
>>
>>318742593
If you were referring more to handhelds then why did you say the SNES?

Also, it seems like that because Nintendo's only real competition in the handheld market were only ever Sega's GG and Sony's PSP. PS Vita I guess could be somewhat competition in Japan. There's not too much to compare but I see your point.
>>
>>318742410
no, at least amd apu combo but more likely assisting with more than just that but with hardware design itself
makes sense since amd needs those licensing fees and nintendo really keep that much in hardware staff these days, easier to just outsource a lot of shit

>>318742483
bragged about in stockholder meetings. They can't explicitly say NX but have hinted at it heavily (as well as some semi-custom chipsets for other, non sony/ms customers) as that they will be dominating the console market in terms of computing chipsets
>>
>>318742479
3DS owners would slowly migrate to the NX, while new customers would be the primary target.
>>
>>318742718
>PSP owners will slowly migrate to the Vita

There's no guaranteeing that and two consoles not picking up sales is a terrible situation to be in. Nintendo will not launch a hybrid console. There are way too many risks, not to mention much more limited target audiences.
>>
>>318742479
>put new pokemon on NX
>put new animal crossing on NX
>put games like Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, etc on NX
I don't know, it seems like people would buy a fucking NX if all the games they wanted were on it.

For me, the issue with the NX is how they'd actually sell it. Is it just one big thing, you buy a box and it has the console and the handheld in it for x amount of money? That'd probably piss people off even if it were free, not everyone has space to set these things up.
>>
Unless it does all of the following it will fail:
-Have an online network that's free and secure and fast
-Launch with 5 big third party JRPGs including Final Fantasies, Kingdom Hearts, and Disgaea, brand new, mainline entries, not "remasters" or ports.
-Launch with 5 big third party FPSes including Call of Duty, and Battlefield, same deal.
-Launch with 5 big third party WRPGs including Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, same deal.
-Launch with Bayonetta 3
-Launch with full Backwards Compatibility
-Include the ambassador program for early adopters
-Nintendo spends 300 Million US Dollars or more on bombarding the media with NX propaganda for the full 5 years, non-stop.
-Have a controller that's like the Wii U Gamepad but also allows for players who played every console before it to feel comfortable.
-Include 4 controllers and a party game (ie: Wii Play / WarioWare kind of game) to teach new customers the ropes
-Cost less than 100 USD at launch, and only go down in price from there.
-Wait for the Wii U to run full course and support it with big titles (or else they're landing themselves in the same spiral SEGA did by launching 32X and Saturn too early and losing consumer trust)
>>
I dunno.

Nintendo really needs to get their shit together, in my opinion.
>>
>>318742479
Some people like normies like playing on the couch in front of the big screen TV
>>
>>318742913
>-Launch with 5 big third party JRPGs including Final Fantasies, Kingdom Hearts, and Disgaea, brand new, mainline entries, not "remasters" or ports.
>implying those are system sellers
>>
>>318739842
>the Wii U which was a good system with good games
just think about the shit you are posting. please.
>>
>>318739491
Fail, no one(except for a few die-hard nintendo fans) is going to buy a new console in the middle of the current gen.
>>
>>318742913
>implying ANY console launch has ever been even remotely good

There are maybe 2 or 3 original games per launch. And usually only one of those are good.
>>
>>318742714
I've heard all the news about the NX kits being way stronger than any of the other consoles, but this is pretty interesting too.

I wish they would just break their mold in terms of features built into the console.

Nintendo fucking needs:
>DVD/Blu-ray player support
>Built-in Ethernet/LAN port for god's fucking sake
>USB 3.0, honestly probably going to be a given
>Replaceable internal HDD/SDD
>Virtual Console on DAY ONE, with purchases transferring from the Wii U/3DS to the NX for free (hopefully they can do this with their new Nintendo Account system that they're rolling out)
>Cloud saves (Nintendo Account has already confirmed this)
>Logins not locked to 1 console
>Miiverse seamlessly integrated into the OS, not having to wait for Miiverse to load just to see messages or notifications
>Voice/party/video chat seamlessly integrated into the OS
>Media players for USB or DLNA streaming, supporting .mkv and .flac
>Fire Alison from the Treehouse

I'm hoping for too much.
>>
>>318743057
I think here are a lot of Nintendo fans who skipped the Wii U.
If the NX has the games those fans waited for, it will sell, to them at least.
>>
>>318742959
Then why make a portable included?
>>
>>318743135
Oh, wait. No the portable wouldn't be included. It would be two separate consoles to play the same games in different formats. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>318743123
>DVD/Blu-ray player support
Never gonna happen, Nintendo's software support is godawful and they don't care about DVD players.
>Built-in Ethernet/LAN port for god's fucking sake
plz samurai
>USB 3.0, honestly probably going to be a given
Not necessarily. Hopefully.
>Replaceable internal HDD/SDD
Doubtful.
>Virtual Console on DAY ONE, with purchases transferring from the Wii U/3DS to the NX for free (hopefully they can do this with their new Nintendo Account system that they're rolling out)
Doubtful
>Cloud saves (Nintendo Account has already confirmed this)
yup
>Logins not locked to 1 console
Hopefully
>Miiverse seamlessly integrated into the OS, not having to wait for Miiverse to load just to see messages or notifications
Would be nice
>Voice/party/video chat seamlessly integrated into the OS
Doubtful, Nintendo is way behind on this sort of thing.
>Media players for USB or DLNA streaming, supporting .mkv and .flac
Guarantee you it won't happen.
>Fire Alison from the Treehouse
Normies don't care so it won't happen.
>>
>>318743250
That would seriously hurt sales and drive away developers who want to make exclusives. Also would hurt releases by having to appeal to both systems.
>>
>>318743135
nice

how much?
>>
>>318743386
....what?
>>
>>318743452
wrong thread
>>
File: lttp2.jpg (141 KB, 950x591) Image search: [Google]
lttp2.jpg
141 KB, 950x591
>>318743486
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>318743327
>they don't care about DVD players
Panasonic Q

I know it's a stretch, but most of those feature are things they really need. I feel like they're going to make big changes with Kimishima on board so I'm really hoping for the best.

Kimishima literally called out the Wii U for being a mistake the day he became boss. I love my Wii U, I use it every week for Smash and going to use it a lot more now for XenoX, but he's not wrong. They have to change if they want to get anywhere now. They can't ship out a console with the Nintendo name for guaranteed sales.

I also forgot to mention in that list
>no region lock
Iwata stated they would rethink region lock after the whole outcry of it last year or something.
>>
>>318743383
I think it would be the opposite. Make one game and sell it to two different user bases.
>Pokémon and AC on console
>Metroid Prime on handheld
etc.

Maybe you could have a discount if you have the NX portable and buy the NX home and viceversa for those who want to enjoy the games both on the go and in HD.
>>
>>318743575
It would never work. And you're joking yourself if you think Nintendo of all people, or any console manufacturer, will discount anything without apologetic reasons to do so.
>>
>>318743123
You're confusing "what would make me buy it" with "what would make it sell".
Being an awesome piece of versatile technology is by no means the road for success. The amount of people who actually seriously care about most of that stuff is dwarfed by the amount of people who wouldn't even notice any of that.

Also
All the purchases from the WiiWare and DSiWare could already be trasferred to Wii U/3DS for free, so you're asking for something they already do.
>>
>>318743645
Well that was TECHNICALLY free, but I mean native NX versions. Not something like the Wiiware where you could only use it on the Wii Menu. Or Virtual Console where you had to pay a little fee for the upgrade (honestly, I'm still fine with this if it's still cheap as fuck to upgrade next gen).

I know a lot of those features aren't the noticeable things, but it's start to something. The most important thing is getting more devs on board to their consoles again. Have an architecture that's easy as fuck for devs to program for like the DS had. And then Nintendo needs to start researching a better marketing plan for their popular and niche games. Nintendo direct is nice, but most of the people who are watching those are already dedicated Nintendo fans
>>
>>318741041
"everyone wants movies and no one cares about gameplay"

Fix'd that for you.
>>
>>318743910
Sure, I'm just tired of everybody writing the exact same wishlist of features everybody else is without actually thinking it through.

It's like going into a thread asking "how would you make this game better" and everybody ALWAYS saying
>better graphics
>better performance
>lower price
>competitive multiplayer mode
>make [personal character] more predominant and scrap [most hated character]
>free upgrade for those who bought the original
>THERE FIXED YOUR GAME, I'M SO FUCKING SMART
>>
>>318739491
How the fuck is anyone supposed to know any of this?

Nintendos pretty retarded so it'll probably fail but there's no way to know for sure.
>>
>>318744364
The actual thing is even fucking revealed yet, dude.

These things come at E3, that's when people will be informed.
>>
>>318739491
Funny fact

The "M" in the NX logo (N + part of the X) stand for Mario

It's proven by the red color representing Mario's iconic hat
>>
>>318744619
>if you remove the lines as shown for the M, there's one line left for an I
MI? Mi... Mii?

no

no, god, please no

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.