[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I heard this game was shit, why is that? I want to buy a cheap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 91jOtC43JdL._SL1500_.jpg (525 KB, 1500x1313) Image search: [Google]
91jOtC43JdL._SL1500_.jpg
525 KB, 1500x1313
I heard this game was shit, why is that?

I want to buy a cheap RPG so my choices are either Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Etrian Odyssey IV or Radiant Historia.

Help me decide what to get /v/
>>
>>318736139
People in the general are pissy because it's not EO and don't know how to deal with the stupid AI.
I personally like it since I got forged by Pokémon Mystery Dungeon's utterly retarded companion AI.

I'd say check some gameplay videos, otherwise EO IV is a very solid choice, you can even play the demo for free on the eshop.
>>
>>318736139
Get EOIV
>>
>>318736139
Get EOIV, Mystery Dungeons always bore me with how repetitive they get. And you would think that would be the case with regular EO as well, but it's not.
>>
>>318736139
Try the demo of EOIV, you can transfer your save to the full game.
>>
>>318736459
>I personally like it since I got forged by Pokémon Mystery Dungeon's utterly retarded companion AI.
Same here, I feel like the people who don't like it came in expecting Etrian Odyssey and got something completely different.
>>
I should mention that I'm currently playing through EO Untold so EO IV doesn't look so appealing to me right now.

Although, I know it may be the better game.
>>
>>318737082
I sure hope you're not playing Story Mode.
>>
>>318737041
EO is a game that's all about how you build your parties. The way the AI works in MD counter intuitive to that, so why bother crossing it over with EO then if they weren't even gonna try to fix it? The EO progression system was also very shallow, and there's Korean MOM-tier grinding for gear, all for shit you'll end up losing because the AI decided to run into a monster house because you had no blast meter to make them follow you instead rushing a room filled with 20 enemies
>>
>>318737041
I'm guilty of that. I was hoping for something closer to Shirren the Wanderer or Torneko and haven't played a Mystery Dungeon game. My bad.
>>
>>318737312
Nah, classic right now
>>
>>318736139
I got this game because of PMD and I fucking love it.
>>
>>318737420
Same here. Only mystery dungeon game I'd played before was Shiren on the DS. The first time I died I was surprised I not only got to keep my character level, but could send another party down (not even requiring another person) to rescue myself and completely nullify any penalty for dying. That and the largely pointless map system and FOE system put me off of the game.
>>
I spent so many hours on EOIV
Scratches the RPG itch really good
>>
>>318738326
Well post game has a 60 floor dungeon that resets you to level 1, doesn't allow items from outside, every item you pick up needs to be identified, and has a boss at the very end. So basically just regular MD, hell that alone probably takes longer to beat than the entirety of Shiren.
>>
>>318736139
The Etrian games are actually cheap in NA?
Lucky you.
They are never even on sale in Europe.
>>
>>318738823
Yeah I just got EMD brand new and sealed with the artbook and cd off Amazon for $20.

At least the DS games werent region locked.
>>
>>318738676
>hell that alone probably takes longer to beat than the entirety of Shiren.
Including Fay's final puzzle?
>>
Couldn't even enjoy Mystery dungeon without the pokemon, I never even realized how shitty it was otherwise, literally every single battle I got into was in the fucking bottleneck section of the dungeons
>>
>>318736139
Because my favourite EO class was bugged
>>
File: img_model_character.png (285 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
img_model_character.png
285 KB, 600x339
>>318739142
If you mean them dodging their own buffs, that does suck. But on the other hand, they can completely break the game too.
>>
Want to play this so bad. Loved Etrian IV and Untold II Classic. Tried it, forgot about it, didn't play again even though I should.

Too bad it doesn't have the best class and character, but whatever. It has the Princess and the gunner, so it's fine.
>>
>>318736139
Because it isn't just a shitty EO, it's a shitty Mystery Dungeon game too.

Just get Super Mystery Dungeon. It is honestly a much better game.
>>
>>318736459
>>318737041
Nah thats absolutely not even close to being the reason this is shit. You know fully well why this game is garbage tier, even compared to the PMD games. Don't listen to these faggots OP, the game is a buggy piece of shit. If you want it that badly get it on sale, game isn't worth full retail. Biggest buyers remorse right here. Tbh
>>
>>318744241
any examples of bugs or something
>>
>>318745914
Its been mentioned in the thread. The AI makes building a team moot. Especially once you hit the post game dungeons where the difficulty truly lies. Soveriegn can fail their own buffs or break the game by increasing your stats permenantly.
>>
>>318746429
well fuck, I wanted mystery dungeon game but without pokemon
>>
>>318736139
The good:
>Damn good music
>the classes are nicely implimented for the first part
>Lots of skills
>Forts and DOEs are a really good idea

The Bad:
>Princess is buggy as all hell, to the point she and party members can avoid her buffs, and she can infinitely and permanently increase strength to ludicrous levels.
>Landsharks chew DOEs up because Links count as ailments, which removes DOE's massive defense, and Links CAN'T miss, compared to the designated ailment casters that need to put in tons of points to get a decent ailment chance.

the ugly:
>The class choices are a little bland outside of Princess, and that's broken as fuck
>AI's pretty retarded and scrams all over if you hit warp panels, even when other party members are in the same room.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.