[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Digivolving allowed > Megas allowed Zard is still fucked,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: Charizard_VS_Greymon.png (391 KB, 750x421) Image search: [Google]
Charizard_VS_Greymon.png
391 KB, 750x421
> Digivolving allowed
> Megas allowed

Zard is still fucked, isnt he?
>>
Agumon can kick Charmander's ass.
>>
>>318665992
Digimon is incredibly inconsistent and is basically designed to appeal to power level fags over anything else.
So yeah, duh.
>>
As a Pokefag who has never watched Digimon. Charizard is screwed. He's just a manlet flying lizard who has battled Mewtwo at best, where I bet the other thing has saved the world by fighting some god like being.
>>
teenage height dragon vs T-Rex height Dinosaur
and Digimon as a whole is stronger. Charizard has lterally no chance of winning
>>
>>318668204
only way he could win was if the charizard went full on pokemon game mechanics abusing the shit out of percentage based damage
>>
is it real or did you do it?
>>
>>318668607
Real. Hawkeye beat Green Arrow
>>
Charizard can fly
>>
Charizard would rek Greymon, but anything above Metal Greymon would destroy Megazard.
>>
>>318668801
So can wargreymon.
>>
>>318668905
so how likely is it the deathbattle guys are going to use "BUT FIRE IS SUPER EFFECTIVE TO STEEL"
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>318665992
Let's see, on your left, you have a Pokemon that's loved by most, and has two Mega Evolutions, both of which are quite good.

And on the right you have one of the most mary sue characters to ever exist.

Hmm.
>>
Charizard a gonna win because Pokedex entries say it's fire can melt anything and that it only gets stronger and hotter as the battle goes on.
>>
What? Why?

It may be an obvious choice for a death battle but come on if Digivolving is allowed there isn't even a contest.
Just 5-15 minutes of bullshitting around till Wargreymon rips whatever Megaform in half, even if he should had allready done that as Metal Greymon.
>>
Digimon will probably win because it's the underdog and the type of people who watch deathbattle are the kind who hate that dang dirty pokeyman
>>
>>318668721
>Hawkeye beat Green Arrow

But Hawkeye is just a green arrow ripoff
>>
>>318669831
>Charizard flies around the sky in search of powerful opponents. It breathes fire of such great heat that it melts anything. However, it never turns its fiery breath on any opponent weaker than itself.
They will have him not view Greymon as stronger then him til it's to late. They will add up how hot this is
>It spits fire that is hot enough to melt boulders. It may cause forest fires by blowing flames.
And use that as a base for how hot it's fire is on average
>>
>>318669135
It applies only to the other verse so I'm pretty sure they won't. On the other hand they might use some bullshit like choice scarf or leftovers.
>>
>>318670349
He has pym arrows and more tricky arrows.
I'm assuming, didn't watch it, but they are the same thing so it had to come down to arrow types.
>>
How asshurt would it be to make a deathbattles rip off where the first match is doomguy vs master chief limited to in-game abilities only?
>>
>>318670938
I could see them actually use the hot enough to melt boulders as a baseline given in the anime he was also seen to be largely immune to the effects of being immersed in lava
>>
>>318671008
to be completely fair, given pokemon started as a game franchise them using leftovers would be completely okay
same honestly with them pulling a FEAR on someone if its a pokemon trainer vs something else
>>
>>318671054
it did
Hawkeyes bow also requires twice the force to pullback compared to Green Arrows
>>
>>318665992
>Tough Claw STAB Flare Blitz/Outrage
yeah no
>>
>>318671061
In the video, they even mention doomguy's speed.

he could at least run really fast around chief while spamming bullets because thats how most people usually play DOOM
>>
>>318671323
Yeah they really dropped the ball on the animation
>>
>They will use anime Charizard
Fuck
>>
digimon are literally data
theyre not even real
charizard would just have to set the computer on fire
>>
>Using items
It'll be a mega stone guys.
>>
>Digivolving allowed

So Greymon goes Metal, Skull, or War and ends Charizard. That's it.
>>
>Death Battle

Whoever they like more will win regardless of logic, then they'll try to actually justify their bullshit choice.

That being said, Charizard would legitimately lose.
>>
>>318671061
if you go by ingame abilities, pokemon have absurd damage output given the pokemon universe uses a division based damage formula rather than a substraction based on like the vast majority of games
>>
>>318671452
Maybe they should have waited until they learned how to make 3d animations so they could use the doomguy model from quake 3 and make win
>>
>>318671241
Yes, stuff like that will prolly happen. Of course they will make Charizard win because they like to pander specific groups. And Pokemon happens to be more popular. I'd get it if they keep it only Charizard vs Greymon without further evolution.
>>
Greymon evolves into Wargreymon and let's not forget that it jogress into Omegamon (still an evolution so it counts). Fanboyism aside, Greymon has all the odds to win
>>
>>318671556
I could see Charizard winning against Skull given its fairly slow and ungodly stupid
>>
Sorry, but Charizard has no chance against WarGreymon. I haven't done anything with Digimon since the anime that aired like roughly 15 years ago but I still remember WarGreymon as a monster far beyond Charizard's powers, mega or not.

Only some of the top legendaries would be able to beat WarGreymon I guess.
>>
>>318665992
Guarantee it'll be Gaara vs Toph., Link vs Cloud, Tifa vs fanime, Buu vs Kirby all over again.
>>
File: yangvstifa.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yangvstifa.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
>Giving a shit about Death Battle after they shilled out for Roosterteeth's shitty cartoon.
>>
>>318671942
well if you want to beat digimon you can always call in the porygon line
but that's just plain ol' cheating
>>
only way charizard can win is if they use his gen 1 version and pull some of the bullshit like infinite firespin
>>
>>318671976
> Link vs Cloud

Can you please just give it up already?
>>
File: 1448137418132.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448137418132.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
Charizard is fucked, but he'll win anyway because popularity.
>>
>>318669175
>And on the right you have one of the most mary sue characters to ever exist.
Wait but you just said Charizard is on the left.

>>318669831
Didn't help it against Blastoise.

>>318671942
>Only some of the top legendaries would be able to beat WarGreymon I guess.
Well Charizard DID beat Mewtwo, though Mewtwo isn't technically a legendary. But all that does is prove how strong Charizard's plot power is.
>>
Haha remember that time when rainbow dash beat Starscream?

Charizard will win because popularity
>>
File: MetalgreymonVi.jpg (64 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
MetalgreymonVi.jpg
64 KB, 320x320
>>318665992
It would be an even match if Greymon is the highest allowed transformation, and Charizard is Mega. Metalgreymon or above would fucking wreck shit though.

>Metalgreymon is stated to be equal in destructive capacity to a single nuclear missile
>>
>>318665992
Digimon lizard is literally pixels lol Charizard wins
>>
>>318671054
Hawkeye also stole Green Arrows gf. In front of his dead body.
>>
File: mega_rayquaza.png (180 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
mega_rayquaza.png
180 KB, 400x480
Can Wargreymon beat this thing?
>>
>>318672282
if deathbattle went with mewtwo you can bet they'd be using his movie version
you know the one that casually shrugged off a hyper beam and caused the god damn apocalypse
>>
>>318671991
Because of this thread, I just watched Astro Boy vs Megaman though and it was ok.
Again, stupid contrahents choice but whatever.
>>
>>318672536
Greymon is also about 5 times the manlets height
>>
File: Marep_megadigivolve.gif (141 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Marep_megadigivolve.gif
141 KB, 200x200
>>318672584
>Wargreymon is LITERALLY equipped with Dragon Killers
>Not killing the shit out of Dragons
>>
I only watched Digimon adventures like 10 years ago but what evolution comes after Greymon? Also
>Greymon
>Isn't grey
>>
>>318672584
canonically he did blow up an asteroid right? so if Wargreymon is about equal to a nuclear missile in destructive capabilities that would put them on about equal levels
>>
File: omegamon.png (742 KB, 798x516) Image search: [Google]
omegamon.png
742 KB, 798x516
We already know who best Digimon is. Who is best Pokemon?
>>
>>318672863
Magician's Red.
>>
>>318672863
ingame? see >>318672584
In lore, prolly Arceus
>>
What exactly is Greymon's strengths? He needs Metalgarurumon to achieve full power, and even at Wargreymon he still wasn't at the peak of power in Adventure.

Or am I missing something from videogame/other season canon?
>>
>>318665992
Digimons are more powerful. Metal Greymon would waste Zard
>>
>>318672096

Somehow I'm not convinced that Porygons are capable of wrecking all Digimon's solely based on their ability to move through cyberspace, which is an ability native to the Digimon as well.
>>
>>318665992
Charizard wins against Greymon, Greymon is just a Dinosaur that can shoot fireballs. Charizard can shoot all kinds of weird energy beams and can become really fucking fast and cover his body in steel or energy or flames. Metal and Skullgreymon could nuke the shit out of all Charizard forms. Greymons Megas would probably rek anything that isn't Mewtwo or Arceus or gen 3 and gen 4 Trio. Burst Mode Shinegreymon and Omegamon would rek everything in the pokemon universe
>>
>>318673070
Wargreymon is already really fucking stronk, though. He can't reach his peak without Metalgarurumon but he shouldn't need to to defeat Charizard. Especially since if Charizard evolves to his Mega X form, the fight is as good as over. Wargreymon gets a huge boost against Dragon enemies, and Mega Charizard X is a dragon-type.
>>
>wild animal vs super edgy fighting creature
>>
>>318672863
Well from a lore standpoint, technically Arceus or Hoopa, maybe Zygarde 100%. Ancient wise, Genesect, especially with armor and a cannon.

Competitive wise, hell I don't know, whoever is most banned now I guess.
>>
Charizard is probably going to win, but let's list the bullshit possible reasons why:
>some stupid gen I glitch
>movie Charizard tossing Greymon into space with seismic toss
>LOL MEGA EVOLUTION MEANS MEGA LEVEL!
>LOL WARGREYMON IS METAL AND FIRE BEATS STEEL!
>Ash's Charizard vs a random Greymon with no tamer
>something dumb involving the missingno meme
>>
>>318672593
Well it was a short where Charizard beat Mewtwo, but it wasn't the same Mewtwo I'm guessing and it pretty much existed entirely to shill Charizard Edge.

>>318672735
>implying they won't go LOLBUTCHARIZARDISN'TADRAGONTYPE

>>318672863
Lore: Arceus.
Gameplay: Mega Rayray
Sexually: Gardevoir
Otherwise: Wobbuffet
>>
>>318671976
Gaara is shit against Toph though and so is Buu against Kirby, hell we have multible memes and copypastas for how incredibly overpowered Kirby is and they have a reason canon wise.

Haven't seen the Tifa one yet but yeah, Cloud loosing to Link was bullshit, I give you that.
>>
File: Megachary.jpg (1 MB, 2456x2076) Image search: [Google]
Megachary.jpg
1 MB, 2456x2076
>>318673264
Hey, Charizard is NOT that edgy. Don't be rude.
>>
>>318673070
>fireballs
>larger than a T-Rex
>Evolve into Metal Gerymon to shoot missiles out of its tits and fly
>evolve into Wargreymon which can cut through metal like paper and use Terra Nova, a massive bomb
>>
>>318665992
Let's cap Greymon at WarGreymon X
We could do Omnimon but that requires MetalGarurumon.

Yes, Charizard is straight fucked. There's no chance in hell.

Hell, even just MetalGreymon would fucking destroy him.
>>
>>318665992

digimon only exist in the digital world

charizard is stronger in canon by virtue of the fact that he isn't made of digi
>>
>>318671658
>Implying charizard won against blastoise
>>
>>318673412
Anon, Digimon appear in the real world all the time. That's literally what is happening in Tri right now.
>>
>>318673143
porygon 1 and 2 maybe not but Z is essentially living bad code
him going anywhere near a digimon is going to be a major issue
>>
>>318673325
>Gaara is shit against Toph though
Except he should be stronger than her in pretty much every way. Also magic sand.

>we have multible memes and copypastas for how incredibly overpowered Kirby is and they have a reason canon wise.
>memes
That's what makes Kirby so overpowered.
>>
>>318673325
Tifa vs Yang is just them cutting corners and ignoring FF7 canon to rig a fight.
>>
>Charizard used Dragon Dance!

RIP
>>
>>318672796
No, Metalgreymon is equal to a nuke. War is stronger than that.

>>318673412
False, because we've seen Digimon become real and do real damage in teh real wold

>>318673325
Gaara shits over Toph by virtue of all he has to do is levitate, pour sand on the floor, and Sand Burial or Prison or Mother's Breasts her to death
>>
>>318669135
Wouldn't Metal/Wargreymon be a fire or dragon-type?
>>
>>318673323
yeh, both in most lore and most definitely ingame charizard has shit for chance against mewtwo

heck mewtwo would have a decent chance against digimon given they'll have much less defense against mental based attacks
>>
>>318673325
>Gaara is shit against Toph

>Kazegkage that conjured up blanket of sand to protect his city from a nuclear-level blast is shit against a little girl that could barely "see" when walking on sand.
>>
File: Nova Flame.gif (1012 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Nova Flame.gif
1012 KB, 500x300
Let's try and settle the REAL competition right now: who has the better fight music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgi699fTvqY

What power up theme does Charizard have to stand up to this?
>>
>>318673323
Yeah, but there is Greymon in that Picture.
Greymon is a very unimpressive Digimon for Adult level.

Adumon < Charizard
Greymon ? Charizard
Metal/Skull Greymon >>>> Charizard
WarGreymon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Charizard
>>
>>318665992

>yet another Curb Stomp battle for the next battle

Can we get more even matchups please.

Everyone knows Greymon can slap the living shit out of Charizard, even moreso if he's allowed to reach WarGreymon status, and then we have the other billion transformations/fusions and whatnot. For one, Greymon is twice Charizard's size, and Charizard is a manlet.
>>
>>318672796
MetalGreymon is equal to a nuke.

WarGreymon is much stronger.
>>
>>318673804
I'd say given charizard's high resistance to fire based attacks and ability to fly greymon wouldn't be able to deal with him
>>
>flesh and blood creature versus a computer program
>>
>>318673783
Damn Red Greymon is so fucking cool man. Who knew all you had to do to make him cooler was to make him bigger
>>
>>318673325
Gaara can lift an entire city made of sand up at once, and Toph can bend metal. How they can say any variation of Toph even comes close to time skip Gaara is just pandering and nothing more.

At least the Kirby thing makes a little sense though.
>>
>>318673927
just regular nuke? then mega-ray is at least significantly stronger than war given a nuke isn't going to scratch an asteroid that size
>>
>>318670349
Ironically, Green Arrow is actually more of a Batman ripoff than Hawkeye is a Green Arrow ripoff.
It took decades before Green Arrow finally became his own thing.
>>
>>318673804
Charizard could possibly beat Greymon.

It his HIGHLY unlikely even Mega Charizard whichever could beat Metal/Skull Greymon

WarGreymon would just rape Charizard.

>>318674089
Even the Kirby thing was stretching it, but at least Kirby can use cartoon physics.
>>
>>318674157
your comparison's a bit wonky, brother
>>
>>318673535

Porygon Z being bad code doesn't mean jack shit. I don't know if there's any case of bad code stuff situations being present in digimon but in other cyberspace setting stuff I've seen a single lifeform based on bad code isn't an omnipotent cyberworld killer
>>
>>318673783
Are you serious?

https://youtu.be/gAKRzjmXLYA

Charizard vs blastoise

Better than faggot as Japanese スタンドアップandファイト gay ass music
>>
Honestly

Greymon could win without evolving just because of how fucking big he is.

Charizard's only like, what, 6 feet? Greymon could just step on him.
>>
someone post the qt angel digimon, i miss watching that shit on my very first year in school
>>
File: FUUUUUUCK.gif (927 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
FUUUUUUCK.gif
927 KB, 301x300
>>318674291
>yfw Porygon Z is the Pokemon equivalent of D-Reaper
>>
>>318674291
> I don't know if there's any case of bad code stuff situations being present in digimon but in other cyberspace setting stuff I've seen a single lifeform based on bad code isn't an omnipotent cyberworld killer

Isn't that pretty much what the D-Reaper is?
>>
>>318674291
Have you ever done programming before? Have you ever experienced bad coding? Theres a reason why programers gave a tough time dealing with bad code
>>
>>318665992

Digimon's names never made any sense to me me.

>Agumon
... what the fuck is an "agu"?

Greymon
... he's not grey.

>Metal Greymon
... OK I guess this one sorta makes sense he's a cyborg now.

>war greymon
This guy looks nothing like greymon he's just a dude in robot armor suddenly

>skull greymon
has 10x more bones than greymon could possibly fit in its body, also its skull is totally different and slender now.

>black war greymon
robot guy with big silly dinosaur feet

>ancient greymon
suddenly a griffon?

>omnimon
literally an evangelion

Did the creators of this show ever hear of "power creep?"
>>
>>318674406
Charizard is 5'7
Red/Ash are manlets
>>
File: 1433686639422.jpg (42 KB, 712x671) Image search: [Google]
1433686639422.jpg
42 KB, 712x671
>>318665992
Literally just throw rocks at Charizard.
>>
>another metal seadramon thread
>>
>>318674652
They're 10. You really expect all 10 year olds to be 6'3"?
>>
>>318673627
They're also HUGE AS FUCK in the real world.
>>
>>318665992
that depends. Are we going off of the bullshit pokedex entries?

> Its fiery breath reaches incredible temperatures. It can quickly melt glaciers weighing 10,000 tons.
> A Charizard flies about in search of strong opponents. It breathes intense flames that can melt any material. However, it will never torch a weaker foe.
>>
>>318674291
All Digmon with Virus attributes are already "bad code" by that definition.
On the top of Porygon lineup only gaining minor power by being in the Digital world. That doesn't mean they can do jack shit either.
>>
>>318674260
a standard kiloton range nuke isn't going to be destroying asteroids any time soon, mega-ray achieving enough momentum to wreck one on contact puts the amount of sheer kinetic energy it can put out significantly higher than metalgreymon
>>
>>318674771
According to 4chan (specially /fit/) yes.
>>
>>318671054
>but they are the same thing so it had to come down to arrow types.
Surprisingly no, it just came down to Hawkeye having more impressive feats, and having a bow that required nearly twice the strength to use.
>>
>>318674627
>what the fuck is an "agu"?
aguagu is the Japanese onomatopoeia for biting.

>he's not grey.
Beats me.

>This guy looks nothing like greymon he's just a dude in robot armor suddenly
He's humanoid now but look underneath the armor and he looks like a bigger Agumon.
>>
>>318673783
Equal parts hype and nostalgia
Bretty good
>>
They should do a Deathbattle where David from the Bible kills Charizard by slinging rocks at it.

And then another where Frosty the Snowman goes 1vs3 against Dragonite, Garchomp and Salamence
>>
>>318665992
I never liked Digimon, but isn't that monster 50 feet tall or so?
>>
>Digivolving allowed

So victorygreymon vs mega charizard?
I can't see pokemon taking this one at all
>>
>>318665992

Charizard's 3rd gen pokedex entries state that it can easily melt boulders as well as "any material".

It just chooses not to murder other pokes out of fair-play.

also it flies at airline cruising altitude.
>>
File: Jack Frost.png (142 KB, 220x312) Image search: [Google]
Jack Frost.png
142 KB, 220x312
>>318675072
Hey man, don't joke. Snowmen are scary motherfuckers
>>
>>318675170
cheese it with a FEAR
>>
>>318674627
>Agu
dunno

>Grey
mistranslation of "Great"

>Metal
yup

>War
fighting capability

>Skull
obvious

>Black
also obvious

>Ancient
I believe the show had lore on this

>Omni
sounds cool?

>>318674925
Just cuz Metal and War are stronger than a nuke and Mega Ray can destroy an asteroid that can't be harmed by a nuke, doesn't necessarily mean that Mega Ray can own War. Maybe Metal, but War has those Dramon destroyers made specifically for killing dragons. For some reason it feels really good referring to them as War and Metal dunno why
>>
>>318674627
>omnimon
>literally an evangelion
Evangelimon when?
>>
>>318674582
Because they transform into ppkemon if you fuck up debugging?
>>
>>318673783
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEvuu73sdhc
pokemon can get pretty darn hype as well mate
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 436x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 436x413
>>318675237
>Jack Frost
>>
Considering they'd have to make this a specific Greymon if they want to use certain digivolutions, I can already see them handwaving that.
>>
>>318675332
Tamers had the D-Reaper, which was pretty much all of the Angels combined
>>
I was hoping it would be smt vs digimon vs pokemon but we all know smt too op
>>
>>318675320
they're going to have to deal with mega-ray moving around at escape velocity though which would making actually hitting it a royal PITA
>>
File: Greymon Xros.jpg (51 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Greymon Xros.jpg
51 KB, 320x320
>>318675574
Ash's Charizard vs. Taichi's Digimon would probably be the fairest way since both have plot armor on their side. Though if they wanted an actually fair fight, Xros Wars Greymon is the only option that gives Charizard a snowball's chance in hell.
>>
>>318674291
>>318674452
>>318674516
I think it would just make it a Virus type.
>>
>>318674627
AncientGreymon is a Greymon species but not part of any current Greymon evolution line.

It's a Spirit Evolution.
>>
>>318675805
Yeah but making it Poke-D-Reaper is more fun
>>
>>318675680
True true, then it becomes a battle of speed and patience
>>
>>318672096
Not this shit again. Last time you tried this shit everyone explained to you that you know jack shit about Porygon or Digimon.
>>
>>318675407

Pokemon loves its orchestral brass instruments and timpani drums

It's like a world where mozart was born in the 90s. I hope Pokemon never loses its orchestral music roots.
>>
>>318676197
given nintendo's love for orchestral music, its not going to happen all to soon
>>
>>318674627
They are data, data can be erased, corrupted and/or modified, that's why a digimon can have plenty of evolutions lines and still evolve even at Ultimate stage (Wargreymon to Omegamon).

Also is Omegamon and has its Alpha counterpart
>>
File: Pokemon Version Magician's Red.jpg (514 KB, 880x784) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Version Magician's Red.jpg
514 KB, 880x784
>>318672983
>>
>>318675072
>Jack Frost vs Mega Rayquaza
>Jack wins
I wouldn't even be mad
>>
>>318676534
mega-ray is the wrong one to use for that given its ability significantly reduces its weakness to ice
its one of the reasons its so ungodly op ingame
>>
>>318665992
Friendly reminder that MetalGreymon can fire rockets as powerful as fucking nukes.

If he doesn't win, then fuck this show.
>>
>>318672423
This is nothing. This nigga here tanked an attack from a universe buster.

High-end Agumon absolutely stomps, no question about it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (58 KB, 728x1068) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
58 KB, 728x1068
>>318676865
>>
File: 2.jpg (68 KB, 728x1068) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
68 KB, 728x1068
>>318677081
>>
This doesn't even make sense.

Charizard is a Pokemon, where they all get together for fun battles and friendly competition.

Digimon is like Dragon Ball Z, where they just keep making new shit to make them stronger so they can kill gods and creators of gods and so on and so forth.

Like they could have a NEW Ultra-Digivolve-of-friendship that spontaneously occurs for the first time during this battle, and it wouldn't feel out of place.

I know Mega Evolution was recently introduced in Pokemon but it isn't really all that powerful. Maybe the anime makes it look better, but even then I doubt it's by much.

Charizard's only saving grace for this is battle his ridiculous Pokedex entry, which I bet those fags will use. Yes I'm mad.
>>
>Play Digimon Story Dawn/Dusk
>Think it's gonna be about tournament arcs and rivalry with the other team.
>Nope, just an evil Digimon wanting to destroy everything and playing both teams against each other.

Was anyone else disappointed by this? I actually kinda wanted a more mundane game.
>>
File: 3.jpg (164 KB, 728x1068) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
164 KB, 728x1068
>>318677173
>>
>>318677283
who's the garurumon?
>>
>>318677229
there's always a chance they'll use gen 1 charizard with infinite fire spin and defense penetrating slash's
>>
File: 4.jpg (142 KB, 728x1068) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
142 KB, 728x1068
>>318677283
>>
>>318669831

So they'll use the same bullshit reasoning that Yang won against Tifa.

I'm not surprised.
>>
>>318674681
This. Charizard's canon weakness is having rocks thrown at him plus he's barely taller than Ash. This battle is retarded.
>>
Pokemon has dealt with time, space, matter, and anti-matter, then theres god. Dialga, palkia, giratina, arceus and lets not forget giratina is satan
>>
>>318677353
ZekeGarurumon or something like that. Like MetalGarurumon, but with a giant cannon instead of wings.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 784x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 784x522
>>318676653
What about if it's possible for jack to go through different forms as a frost?

It seemingly happens in several games, and stuff like desperate hit and mamudoon can be deathly to mega-Ray as well as stat increases.
>>
>>318677780
while mega-ray in theory can be killed you gotta admit it doesn't share the same degree of ice weakness the rest of the dragon/flying types do
and at no point does he even begin to approach anything resembling balanced, maybe we'll get a true counter to him when we finally get the primal dialga with an auto-trick room ability and 10 speed
>>
>>318677780
Jack can only evolve to Wendingo tho
the other Jacks are fusions I'm pretty sure
>>
>>318677365
>Charizard wins because Gen 1 was busted as fuck
I wouldn't even be mad.
>>
>>318677707
>and lets not forget giratina is satan
Wew lad
>>
>>318677707
They all had to combine their powers just to create one universe and can be manipulated by human technology while Zeedmilleniumon can destroy the multiverse just by being unsealed
>>
Is Digimon VS Charizard going to happen next or something? I see some people saying it is ITT but I haven't heard anything about it.

Why do I even care what a few faggots have to say about this anyway.
>>
>>318677707
Giratina isn't really Satan other than in design concept. He literally just sits there and only shows up whenever people try to fuck with dimensions
>>
>>318678282
>Zeedmilleniumon can destroy the multiverse just by being unsealed
See it's retarded shit like this that prevents me from watching Digimon.
>>
>>318678282
Digimon are just data q:^) just uninstall gg
>>
>>318665992

>digivolving

evolving you dubcunt
>>
>>318678391
Well, Zeed's never been in the show, so watching it is okay.

Plus there was the Xros Wars manga where Zeed appeared, and the heroes too him down. Then he split into hundreds of evil Digimon. It took every last Digimon to take them down.
>>
>>318678391
The retarded power level shit really only shows up in the manga and some movies. The anime is pretty weak in comparison.
>>
>>318671556

>wargreymon
>also omegamon cause why not
>>
>>318678593
>evolving
shinka, you gaijin trash
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmu4FPYlDFU
>>
>>318673412

>he didn't watch adventure 1 and 2, not to mention tamers, savers frontier etc
>>
>>318665992
After Toph vs Gaara I just believe anything
>>
>>318678835
He didn't watch anything, these threads are full of people that don't know anything about either series.
>>
>>318678709

AGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMOOOON

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP SHINKAAAAAAA
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 500x750
>>318678061
Well outside of summoners:

Jack turned into frost ace through receiving an ice vest, strange journey

Jack injests the Satan Magnatama, becomes black frost. Nocturne

Devil survivor, deciding to research into the power of love causes his transformation into black frost.

Though this will most likely be discarded if the battke actually went through.
>>
>>318678472
Every series of Digimon has an arc where Digimon come to the human world to cause havoc
>>
>>318678391
Digimon canon varies by series so ZeedMilleniummon isn't even necessarily the strongest Digimon get.

Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode for instance is every Digimon in the Digital World combined.

Huanglongmon is the ruler of the Digital World

Yggdrasil is the Digimon equivalent God, but then there is also just God.
>>
>>318679109

>sounds like mosako nozawa in adventure 1
>in tamers nozawa is the lead digimon

they knew
>>
>>318665992
Why was the Digimon Movie so good
>>
>charitard
>strong
>>
>>318679027
Not him but I am a fan of both series and like most of the thread I agree that it's undeniably Greymon's victory.
>>
>>318679675
Don't be too sure. They just gave Hawkeye a victory over Green Arrow in the most recent death battle.
>>
>>318679421
Yggdrasil isn't a Digimon though, but just a computer program and also a loli in Next because why not.
>>
>>318679675
Of course, only an idiot would think otherwise.
>>
File: 1399849681821.png (186 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1399849681821.png
186 KB, 600x800
>>318673323
good taste friend
>>
File: 1407364017365.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1407364017365.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>318679428

It depends on what you're talking about. The saban butchered abortion or Our War Game.
>>
Are they going with Red's Charizard? Because if they are, prepare for the shit that resulted in Charizard vs Rhyhorn and Charizard vs Blastoise turning out like they did
>>
>>318679774
Yeah well Death Battle is a popularity contest.

In a real fight Charizard would be torn to pieces in a matter of moments.
>>
File: 1441240620478.png (189 KB, 430x478) Image search: [Google]
1441240620478.png
189 KB, 430x478
252+ Atk Taugh Claws Charizard-X Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def MetalGreymon: 249-294 (91.8 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
>>
>>318679935
The Our War Game segment was still great in the dub
>>
>>318665992
Can we stop having these threads when it's literally always just been bait for views. The whole death battle trash has always been rigged for the most controversial victory to attract the biggest autists.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 800x400
Ant-Man vs. The Atom when?

It's just as one-sided as Hawkeye vs. Green Arrow.
>>
File: Grey.jpg (236 KB, 700x913) Image search: [Google]
Grey.jpg
236 KB, 700x913
Wasn't Wargreymon like fucking gigantic on the anime?

TFW Karabiner is kill
>>
>>318680167
But anon tying it in to Death Battle is just an excuse to talk about the two franchises.
>>
>>318674627
>Omnimon
>literally Evangelion
In some cultures, God is often said to be "omnipowerful" or "all-powerful" since he created the world and yadayadayada

Being literally Evangelion and having Omni in his name is actually kind of amusing
>>318674652
>tfw 6'4"
So I'm literally taller than Charizard? That's pretty cool
>>
>>318680071
>making up stats
>>
>>318679935
The only thing they changed was the "oh no, the old digidestined are trapped" subplot from Hurricane Touchdown which was completely arbitrary.
>>
>>318680369
You're forgetting about Willis's entire subplot running through the movies, and the inexplicable incorporation of the original OVA.
>>
>>318668905
>Charizard would rek Greymon

Greymon is big, T rex big, Charizard is 5'4, manlet ass stands no chance.
>>
>>318680439
Yes, and they pretended Willis made Diaboromon to tie the two movies together (which was one line of dialog), I meant the only thing removed.
>>
>>318680260
No, wargreymon was one of the smaller greymon variants. There were others though, and they were enormous
>>
>>318674627
Why do pokeautists always have the same complaints every time? Digital monsters aren't flesh and blood biological creatures, they can take whatever forms they need to take, and if you haven't noticed, humans and machines are the most advanced things on this planet of ours, so obviously the peak evolution will either be humanoid, a machine, or a humanoid machine.
>>
Why did the other thread get deleted while this one is allowed to stay? This thread is garbage.
>>
>>318674627
Maybe you shouldn't take things so literal
>>
>>318673318
>Greymon is on a computer/digivice which charizard stomps
>>
Charizard;
>Smaller than an average man
>Flight
>Fire breath
>Can evolve temporarily to be more physically capable or more BURN EVERYTHING capable
Greymon;
>Huge
>physically strong
>Can evolve into a cyborg with flight
>Can further evolve into a metal barbarian capable of flight
>Can transcend evolution by fucking a wolf

Considering Greymon's size as nothing noteworthy, Charizard doesn't stand a chance unless MetalGreymon is Charizard's level, with Agu vs Mander and Grey vs Meleon. Even then, Wargreymon vs Mega Charizard X is no contest since War has been shown destroying entire buildings. Mega Charizard X just smacks a mutant cat around and cracks some stone walls.

If it's games only, Greymon has WAY too many advantages. If it's games and anime, Charizard MIGHT stand a chance since it gets really strong when it feels inadequate. If it's anime only, Greymon WILL lose if he's not paired with Garurumon to go Omnimon.

Why the fuck am I thinking this much into it when both series are shit now?
>>
>5'4 fire breathing, flying lizard vs 20 foot fire breathing T-Rex or 30 foot flying cyber T-Rex or an 8 foot mecha dino man that can cut through steel like butter, fly at mach speeds and create nuclear fusion with the palms of his hands or an 8 foot mecha dino man that can do the same and with stand a universe shattering attack

Charizard wins, it's a popularity contest.
>>
>>318680260
WarGreymon is probably as tall as an average adult, although size may vary, as there was Taichi rode Wargreymon's back in Xros Wars Hunter

also this deathbattle has to be one of the most unfair matchup
>>
>>318680560
>>318681384
>5'4
5'7" (170 cm).
>>
so it's time to post these?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko6o1dExSzM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63dwLc_JdKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsXXvZd2of0
>>
>>318681603
Fuck, it's so tiny.
>>
WarGreymon or at least MetalGreymon would shit out a fucking nuke from it's ass.
>>
I don't know what the fuck this is about but reading the thread made me want to watch Digimon Adventure
>>
>>318668204
Dragon>Dinosaur
Too bad Charmander is a salamander
>>
Charmander > Agumon
Charizard = Greymon
Mega Charizard = MetalGreymon
Mega Charizard <<< Wargreymon
>>
>>318681852
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsvVOXKDvsA

>>318682569
if you're out of loop, the first movie of Digimon Adventure tri got released in Japan
>>
>>318682569

you're in for a ride of feels
>>
>>318682785
It depends on which Agumon, as later on in Adventure he had powered up enough that he didn't need to evolve against a foe (an adult digimon) like he did before. I think it was Kuwagamon, and I doubt Charmander could take that on.
>>
>>318681402
WarGreymon looks adult size by comparison to the kids in Adventure but I think he's actually like a super-buff 8 or 9 feet tall.
>>
File: 1416180163448.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1416180163448.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>318665992
>>
>>318682589
Dragons eat shit against WarGreymon because of his Dramon Killers
>>
>>318682785
Agumon would kid Charmander's ass, and Greymon would stomp the life out of Charmeleon.

Greymon is the size of a fucking building and Charmeleon is like two feet tall
>>
>>318683123
here for comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVv4jdgQXpM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0mC3OD1VZQ
>>
>>318682914

Yeah I haven't really been keeping up with Digimon

Watched Adventure, 02 and one called Tamer or some shit a long time ago, rewatched Adv and 02 a few years later and I haven't watched anything else
>>
Must they keep re-using characters? There's so many good ideas for death battles out there but they just keep bringing back characters.

>Two Leonardo db's
>Two Batman db's cause of butthurt Batfans
>Now two Charizard db's...because why?

It's not like Charizard stands a chance anyway.
>>
I only ever use dinosaur digimons anytime I play a digimon game
>>
>>318683857
The TMNT battle was just a setup for a solo Turtle battle

Batman vs. Cap was made first, scrapped and replaced by Batman vs. Spidey. They only finished Batman vs. Cap later because technical issues delayed the fight that was in development, and they needed some filler.

Charizard vs. Greymon is a stupidly popular request because db fans are idiots I guess?
>>
Skullgreymon best Greymon
>>
>>318683653
Tamers is probably the best in the series. You can watch Xros if you like titty digimon.
>>
Are you fucking kidding me? That is valid even for Shit Battle, Digimon had Evolution in battle in the anime and Mega's can happen mid Battle.
>>
>>318683653
That's pretty much the essentials, but Frontier was also pretty good
>>
>>318683202
dammit man!
these gifs are TOO real now

fucking can't wait for oculus rift web browsing and 3D gifs and pop up ads that really POP UP
>>
>>318684420
Nigga that things old
>>
>>318684251
>Frontier was also pretty good
Savers is better than Frontier, that said, both are better than Xros.
>>
>Digimon anime is great but the games suck ass
>Pokemon anime is uneblievably bad but games are good

this world sucks
>>
>>318684904
>digimon games suck ass

nah fuck you
>>
>>318684904
Tri was fucking shit, digimon games are good. Stop parroting /v/ already.
>>
>>318684894
I wasn't into Savers. The change in art was weird and the first few episodes were kinda boring

I wasn't a big fan of the MIB-esque premise either
>>
>>318683535
Wait, do they still have Scanning as a method of getting new Digimon? Fug.
>>
>>318684986
Tri isn't over you idiot
>>
>>318685109
They somehow managed to make Omegamon Vs Alphamon boring, I doubt that the future movies will be any better.
>>
I've only seen season 1-3 dubbed, I sorta want to see it subbed, but I'm afraid it will ruin the nostalgia
>>
>>318671485
Wait, dont u need a trainer for that? That counts as outside help and would be banned wouldnt it?
>>
>>318665992
If this is a real Death Battle they are just going to say Charizard can breath at 1,800,000,000,000,000 degrees C since that's what it says in the pokedex and give Zard the win despite Greymon being bigger, smarter, stronger, and more well equipped.
>>
>>318669831
Pokedex entrys are not very accurate.
>>
>>318685109
Is shit so far.
>>
>>318685478
>Pokedex entries

The pokedex also says Pidgeot can fly at Mach 2

I wouldn't take it very seriously
>>
>>318685254
>they didn't blow their load in the first sixth of the show
>muh unanswered questions
>muh adventure 02 fags
>muh where's Joe
>>
>>318685558
you're taste is shit
>>
>>318685725
But those idiots who make the show will
>>
>>318685725
It doesn't matter what the fuck you take seriously, it matters what the tards at Retard Battle take seriously.

The took the silly CGI Donky Kong cartoon seriously.
>>
>>318685321

I actually watched the first 2 seasons subbed recently and it actually held up great.

As long you're going into it expecting a children anime rather than something with a "deep and very mature plot for adults such as I".

Sub definitely beats the dub too, so don't worry about that either.
>>
>>318685959
To be fair, DK won because of his in-game feats, nothing from the cartoon really came up.
>>
>>318686196

Eh at least it has an actual story and characters unlike Pokemon
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.