[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Rakata Prime is now canon >Bioware brags about a big announcement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 26
>Rakata Prime is now canon
>Bioware brags about a big announcement tomorrow

Is it happening?

They are they going to announce KOTOR as canon?
>>
Snork revan confirmed
>>
>>318455612
>They are they going to announce KOTOR as canon?
god i hope not.
the sith operate like a bunch of dysfunctional retards.
>>
Well at least if they make the MMO canon then the real games will also be canon.
>>
Taris is canon as well, apparently.

Maybe EA actually managed to talk Disney into making some of their games canon since they have such a close relationship right now.

I'm pretty sure SWTOR is also the only Legend material that is actually still being progressed, so there's actually a good chance of this happening.

That being said, I bet the announcement will just be the release date for the new story chapter.
>>
>>318457164
>swtor is canon
>story where all the dark counsel somehow has control of most the universe even though their entire chain of command is build on people just backstabbing each other
that's retarded
>>
>>318455612
>>318457164
Source?
>>
>>318455612
>holds his lightsaber behind his back when he's just walking
>have their lightsabers turned on when they're just walking
>>
>>318457895
>have their lightsabers turned on when they're just walking
always pissed me off
>>
>>318457445

>Sith backstabbing is ruining the Empire

You realize that this is addressed quite heavily in the game and that the Empire is on the verge of losing the war because they can't get their shit together, right?

>Malgus
>Dread Masters
>Revanites
>Emperor
>Darth Marr beating you over the head with this notion over and over again
>>
>>318457445
>story where all the dark counsel somehow has control of most the universe even though their entire chain of command is build on people just backstabbing each other
So like USSR?
>>
>>318458179
darth malgus should have just been put in charge.
he had a much better vision for the empire than any of the fools in charge.

he saw where the fucking empire was going and was on his way to fix the fucking problems.
>>
>>318455612
at least they're using the sith uniforms from kotor
i always thought they looked cool
>>
Does this game still hate everyone who don't sub or at least give them 100 bucks to unlock everything?
>>
>>318459062
1-50 is perfectly fine on F2P.
But beyond that you really need to sub or pay to unlock content.
>>
File: i2b33SM.jpg (271 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
i2b33SM.jpg
271 KB, 900x1200
>>318457603

From a few days ago.
>>
I honestly don't care as long as we get a KOTOR I patch that does the same stuff the KOTOR II one did + steam workshop support/achievements.
>>
>>318459197
is there space combat or is it still just the stupid on tracks bullshit?
>>
>>318457445
The Sith Empire is much more organized and better equipped but they still don't win. Why? Because of the Sith. The Sith are holding back their entire empire by burning resources on infighting and by forcing constant restructuring due to leaders/important figures being killed without warning.

It's how the story goes. The Republic can't win the war because of mass corruption both in their government and military along with the limitations the jedi place on themselves.

The Empire is a well oiled machine and is willing to go the distance, but still can't win because the Sith can't curb their dick measuring contests for 5 minutes.

>>318458496
This motherfucker gets it. If Malgus was in charge, the empire would have steamrolled the republic.
>>
>>318455612

KOTOR3KOTOR3KOTOR3KOTOR3MASEBYOBSIDIAN
>>
>>318459408
There is. It was the main addition of the Galactic Starfighter expansion.
>>
>>318459508

AAAAAAHH SHIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>318459508
>>318459629

It's going to be a new combat system for SWTOR
>>
>>318459508
EA owns all rights to Star Wars videogames. And guess what company is under their banner, whi made KOTOR 1.......If KOTOR 3 is going to happen, Bioware will be making it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>mfw the new antagonist in ep7 mentions Revan
>>
>>318459481

>The Republic can't win the war because of mass corruption

Nah man, the Republic got Twi'lek Putin on the job now and she's wrecking their shit.

>Leontyne 'Strong Independent Dictator Who Don't Need No Constitution' Saresh
>>
>>318459578
i might actually download it now to check it out...
is it good?
>>
>>318459798
Obsidian supposedly made a draft they sent to EA, they can still be simply contracted by EA much like how Bethesda contracted them for New Vegas.
>>
>>318459760

If they made it like JK3 I'd resub probably
>>
>>318459903
Ever played Freelancer? It's like that but on closed maps, as in maps that have invisible wall boundries, focused on PVP.
>>
>>318459903
a lot of people don't usually play because they're bad at it, so queue times are longer then normal pvp. If you like ace combat or the battlefront space battles then its great
>>
>>318459925
That'd probably be too much. I'd hope for something like blade & soul
>>
What's a good ranking of the class storylines? I'm playing Inquisitor and I honestly wouldn't mind another class. I know Agent is supposed to be the best.
>>
>>318459903
Pretty decent skill ceiling, most scrubs don't play it, tons of fun and could just as well be a completely standalone game considering how much effort they put into it.
>>
>>318455612
I actually really don't like that Revan is taller than Malak now. Malak is supposed to be a big dumb juggernaut and Revan is supposed to be the tactician. The people who requested the art look like that don't understand the characters at all.
>>
>Kotor 1 and 2 HD Remaster collection announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC
>Kotor 3 announced not long after

I don't care what any of you fuckers think, my body is well lubed and ready for this.
>>
>>318460167
Agent > Jedi Knight = Sith Warrior > Inquisitor > Bounty Hunter >>>>>>>>>>>>GIANT GAP>>>>>>>>>>> Trooper >>>>>>>> Smuggler >>>>>>>>> Consular
>>
>>318460167
i would vote sith sorcerer as lowest.
the way you get your apprentice is fucking retarded.
about as bad as george lucas writes love interests
>>
>>318460290
KotOR 2 had a "HD" Patch on Steam last year complete with bugfixes, workshop compatibility, achievements and so on.
>>
>>318460167
Agent is my favorite with JK right behind it followed by warrior.

I've found inquisitor to be really awful.
>>
>>318460290
We can wish anon.... We can wish. They did update the pc versions of kotor and kotor 2 over the summer so who knows.
I was so hyped to hear another kotor was coming out, and then it turned out to be a pay to play mmo. I was crushed, and said fuck that. If am actual kotor 3 comes out, it better not even have an online else I'll lose all hope.
>>
>>318460334
Forgot to mention there's another power gap between JK/SW and Inquisitor. So like this.

Agent > Jedi Knight = Sith Warrior >>>Power Gap>>> Inquisitor > Bounty Hunter >>>>>>>>>>>>GIANT GAP>>>>>>>>>>> Trooper >>>>>>>> Smuggler >>>>>>>>> Consular
>>
>>318460167

I really liked the Bounty Hunter story line, because it just fits so damn well into the planet order and the general escalation of the war that turns you from a neutral hired gun who didn't really care about the war into a someone who actually had a reason to fight for one side instead of just 'mah country' or 'mah Dark Side'.

>Act 1 - Cold War between the Republic and the Empire
You're just some down on your luck mercenary going around to different planets

>Act 2 - Peace is breaking down and the war is starting back up
You're a big shot Mandalorian champion now and you go around fucking shit up before the Republic finally gets pissed and frames you for treating the war

>Act 3 - All out war between the Republic and the Empire
You want revenge on this fucking smug Jedi who killed your friends and you're now helping the Empire fuck the Republic. In the end, you kill the Jedi and then kill the fucking Supreme Chancellor.

I'm not gonna lie, that story was the only one where I actually DESPISED the Jedi villain and really looked forward to beating his face in while watching his whole plan crumble in front of his eyes.
>>
>>318460745
this is more like it

i hate Ashara, the most retarded character written.
>>
>>318460334
I liked Smuggler. The story is shit but the smuggler herself has a lot of personality. Along with the best voice actor.
>>
>>318461207
Good job, you like a literal fanservice character for girls written by Hamburger Helper.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>318461329
Don't take your shit out on Hamburger Helper.
>>
>>318461178

That's not Corso...
>>
>>318459887
>What's that, BOTH of my top fucking agents are telling me that invading a planet where the Sith Emperor is mind-controlling everyone that sets foot on the ground is a bad idea? Better send the entire Republic Fleet!
>WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN THE SITH EMPEROR IS MIND-CONTROLLING MY SOLDIERS, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT

Saresh is a goddamn retard
>>
File: popularmmos.png (7 KB, 885x213) Image search: [Google]
popularmmos.png
7 KB, 885x213
>Canon is raped for EA biggest money making Star Wars game bigger than Battlefront.
>They knew that the canon would eventually weigh upon them with diminishing players, and Disney will prevent them from making KoTOR expanses or releases.
>Fuck Lucas wishes, and fuck the fans, I need the money.
>>
I heard the game improved and I kind of want to try with a bounty hunter because they get a Jawa companion, but is it even alive or is the F2P decent?
>>
>>318461595
i didn't play smuggler
>>
Is this game still a steaming pile of shit?
>>
>>318461329
>Giving a shit about who wrote what and not the content itself

Fuck off. The shit the smuggler does is funny and campy. That's all I care about.

Also, Hamburger Helper wrote the plot of Act 1 for the Smuggler. She didn't write the dialogue.
>>
>>318461654

>Reddit text post with no source

End yourself
>>
>>318457975
>>318457895
Makes for a better image than just them walking with their sabers turned off
>>
>>318461595
Corso is meant to be laughed at and fucked with. You're not supposed to like him.

Especially if you play female smuggler. His reactions to you fucking other people is the funniest shit.
>>
>>318461808

I'm pretty sure its one of the most popular MMO's on the market right now. That shit with the lottery packs really paid off and EA is making so much money they actually started to release story content for the game again.
>>
>>318461808
The game is objectively much better than WoW nowadays.
It and FF14 are the only MMOs on the market worth playing in fact. And maybe Eve if you're into mafia/corruption/pay2win simulator.
>>
File: 1427746348465.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1427746348465.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
My ass is a canon for poop
>>
>>318461634
I really hope she dies before the expac ends.
Its really not fair that the Empire is the only one getting important characters killed off. First Malgus, then Marr, then apparently the entire goddamn council.

Who has the republic lost thats actually important?

Also Im pissed that Shatelle got an entire new outfit while Marr still has his crappy armor. Especially since Shatelle's original armor was unique while Marr's armor was obtainable by players from like the start I think.
>>
>>318462174
shitposter incarnate
>>
>>318462174
Please go to /trash/ where you belong
>>
>>318462173
>The game is objectively much better than WoW nowadays.
I can't really say I agree. WoD was a godawful expansion but the game still plays like a dream. Also as much as I loved FFXIV Heavensward just fucking ruined it for me, I'm not really interested in returning until they actually start releasing content consistently again.
>>
>>318462198
Empire has to be removed from the picture for the canonity to flow you know. By the time of Darth Bane (which is still good 1000 years before Phantom Menace) the Sith Empire no longer exists and there's no traces of them left other than backwater shitholes like Korriban. Even the old Jedi Order HQ on Tython is long forgotten and Tython itself is a dead forgotten planet stuck in the middle of black hole maze.
>>
>>318462412
So you're a WoW drone that needs his Metzen patended corrupt heroine fix, got it.
>>
File: 1427745344346.jpg (5 KB, 224x186) Image search: [Google]
1427745344346.jpg
5 KB, 224x186
>>318462412
opinions; the post
>>
>>318462198
>Who has the republic lost thats actually important?

A lot of generals, the War Trust, and most of the council and their fucking chancellor gets assassinated plus they lose the war on Corellia, and Courescant got sacked.
>>
>>318462723
Tython will need to be wrecked too if they're going off the Legends canon since Tython is a forgotten ruin in Bane Trilogy.
>>
>>318462554
You know what I would actually like if they did.

If they just said "Fuck it, the game is now noncanon so we can do whatever the fuck we want"
Hell, maybe they could even have different endings based on what side you are on, what your LS/DS alignment is, and possibly even class based.

Would be nice for actual payoff.

But of course they won't do that.
>>318462723
But how about actual characters? And the first chancellor only appeared in the BH story didn't he?
>>
>>318462554

None of that shit is canon anymore.

Bane exists and he created the Rule of Two, but nothing else has been imported from the old Legends EU.
>>
File: swtor 2015-10-23 13-02-20-90.jpg (616 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-10-23 13-02-20-90.jpg
616 KB, 1920x1080
>>318460290
They're just turning TOR into KotoR3
>>
>Theyre going to announce KOTOR 3
>it's going to be shit
fuck
>>
HK-47 is canon as well.
>>
>>318462939
You forget that for now KotOR games and TOR are still in the Legends canon, faggot.
>>
>>318458496
EIther Malgus or Marr should have been the leaders since they were the only two who understood that the whole racism and backstabbing was destroying the empire faster than they could claim any victory
>>
>>318455612
>Bioware brags about a big announcement tomorrow
Source? I know the VGA are on Thursday, maybe they'll make an announcement then.
>>
>>318463245
There is a giant 50+ page thread about it on page 1 of the swtor forums
>>
>>318463229
and the emperor just allowed it.
i don't get it, he has all the power to take over the universe.
but just kills off the leaders that are capable of doing shit about it
>>
File: fm31r7d.jpg (16 KB, 938x398) Image search: [Google]
fm31r7d.jpg
16 KB, 938x398
>>318462554
>Korriban is canon, but its now called "MORRIBAND"
>Bane exists, but his life is not canon, just that he created a rule of two.

But who really knows, all this shit was implemented before the Luca's "SURPRISE! Nothing exists but the movies and cartoon show."
>>
>>318462821
Tython get wrecked like Korriban did which is why Satele is in Exile. They'll probably wreck it again to fit with the canon though.
>>
>>318463245
It's probably going to be another shitty mount.
>>
>>318459912

Really? Oh that would be so retardedly awesome
>>
>>318463387
The emperor is the biggest conundrum in this, on one hand he claims he just wants to devour the galaxy, then backpedals that and goes on a bizarre conquest that ends up killing a whole bunch of people, why the hell did he become a sith emperor if he is just a crazy asshole? Sure the whole story is dumb as usual thanks to lolbioware but jesus christ the mission where Malgus goes rogue was retarded because I agreed with everything he said and with the missions when you are finally on the coincil and Marr is talking about the plans for the future of the empire were intersting, but then came that autist waifubait and they kill him for lolreasons
>>
>>318463673
That was back when EA partnership with Disney was announced mind you, they haven't said anything since then which means they either got told to go back to drawing board or were simply rejected.
>>
>>318463387
The Emperor is a weak faggot who is a Sith waaaayyyy before his time. He still relies heavily on ritualistic Sith magic and implementing talismans and relics, and got his ass handled by an upcoming Jedi Knight.

He was such a pussy faggot, he even feared the return of Naga Sadow like he is going to come back from the grave. Let that sink in for a moment.

He could do absolutely nothing to Malgus. He was just a greedy fuck prolonging his life.
>>
TOR is like 4 euros in g2a and it comes with 30-days of gametime, but do I get access to all the expansion content if I purchase it or do I need to purchase all that shit separately?
>>
>>318459903
Ehhh is not good, its horribly inbalanced, you're going to have a better time playing Star Conflict a space World of Tanks
>>
>>318463878
You do realize Emperor Vitiate is the main antagonist of the new TOR expansion right?
>>
>>318464076
You get full access to everything as long as you're subbed.
The second you unsub you get reduced to F2P "Preferred" Status.
Preferred is slightly less shitty than normal F2P.
>>
File: swtor 2015-10-27 23-40-09-05.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-10-27 23-40-09-05.jpg
254 KB, 1920x1080
Isn't that big announcement just about new sub rewards? Last time I heard about TOR and canon was when someone mentioned JJ Abrams watching the KotFE trailer since he wanted to decide if it was clashing with his story or something like that.

>>318464076
Expansions are now just sub-based so you should get all of them. Future chapters of KotFE will require you to sub to get them since only the first 9 came out with the expansion and they'll be releasing more.
>>
>>318464076
if you have game time you get all the xpacs.
>>
>>318463878
The emperor literally raised an army in another galaxy. Most of his power was in another body in that empire.
>>
>>318464258
Good god, Vitiate is goddamn insuferable
>>
>>318463820

>autist waifubait

You better not be talking shit about Lana, bitch.
>>
>>318464514
Man, that whole army in another galaxy made negative sense with his whole EAT ALL LIFE EVERYWHERE
>>
So do classes like Bounty Hunter and Smuggler talk about how they plan to rule the hidden empire in their dialogue?
I notice my (lightsided) inquisitor was talking about how he might become emperor when it was all over, which is fitting for him, but I can't imagine a bounty hunter would have such ambitions.
>>
>>318464672
Thanks for proving me right
>>
>>318464686
Well didn't he say he just planned to eat all the life in the main galaxy so he could start over somewhere else?
Maybe he needed the energy to get back to his other body?
>>
>>318455612

WHY WONT THIS FUCKING GAME WORK!!!!!!???
>>
I kind of don't want Old Republic stuff to be canon so BioWare can take it in any direction they want and not have to end it on rule of 2 and Republic rules the Galaxy stuff.
>>
>>318464703
Last I remember my BH responses where mostly he being ok with just doing his work and getting paid, I don't remember there being dialogue options about ruling anything, hell you could even tell the Mandolore head honcho to go fuck himself with his whole honorary mandalore bullshit
>>
File: Untitled0.png (1 MB, 818x543) Image search: [Google]
Untitled0.png
1 MB, 818x543
>>318455612

Its prob canon for Rogue One.
>>
>people acting like Vitiate wants to eat all life and everywhere
What? Did you even play that fucking game? That was Nihilus' shtick.
Vitiate already achieved literal immortality by "eating" Nathema.
He doesn't want to consume everything now.
Right now he wants to basically become omnipotent, experience the lives of every living being, he even mentions being a farmer as one of the lives he wants to experience.
>>
File: wataqt.jpg (324 KB, 634x688) Image search: [Google]
wataqt.jpg
324 KB, 634x688
finally all my ERP will finally be canon
>>
>>318465187
Did YOU play the fucking game? The Emperor goes full saturday morning villain and tells you his plan to eat all life and make you watch as he does it and then promply eats a goddamn planet and the fact that he ate the planet was actually pretty cool since it changed the planet area
>>
>>318465187
Well the characters in game don't know that, all they know is that the Emperor totally ate an entire planet and thats fucking scary. And he could easily come back for more.

Besides, he and Nihilus are similar. Nihilus creates a wound in the force, Vitiate creates a void in it.
>>
>>318465032
I don't think you realize that no matter what they still end up on Rule of Two and Republic rules galaxy stuff.
There is no such thing as "non-canon" in Star Wars.
You've got either Legends canon (previously known as EU - Expanded Universe) and Official Canon (which is the movies, clone wars cartoon and everything Disney releases including new books).
In both of those timelines no matter if it ends up being Legends or CANON the Sith Empire needs to get wrecked.
>>
>>318464703
Bounty Hunter just wants to Bounty Hunt and hopes that instead of wandering about looking for jobs he can get a long term stable career working with the Sith.

He's just a man thinking about future goals and stability.
>>
>>318465187
Are you retarded? That was retconned in with Valkorian, he specifically wants to wipe out life in the galaxy and consume it to make himself a god.
>>
>>318465467
When does that happen? It certainly didn't happen in vanilla JK story or in Shadow of Revan expansion.
So I assume that's new shit from the new KotFE expansion?
>>
>>318465467
So he's just Nihilus 2.0?
That's fucking lame
>>
>>318465550
>>318465086
I meant during the KotFE. I know during the base game thats how he is, but I haven't done any of the KotFE stuff for anyone besides my Inquis and Im just wondering how much the dialogue changes depending on your class.
>>
>>318465735
In his defense, he didn't have Nihilus' power but rather tricked everyone on the planet into performing a ritual that centered all power into him. He abused the ritual and drained even more by sucking all life on that planet dry to the bone. Before that he was a literal nobody scrub.
>>
>>318465538
Srsly, this is why I wish they would declare it noncanon so we can actually have stuff happen with the plot and make the ending not so obvious.

Because regardless of what happens during the game, the Empire is gonna get wrecked, then come back, then get wrecked a second time.
>>
>>318465642
I remember it being in the epilogue of SoR right at the end just before you run from the planet, he says that in the grand scheme of the galaxy your struggle amounts to fuck all and says he changed his opion about you and that he plans to allow you to live just to see his glorious life eating bullshit on the galaxy and then he eats the planet and then it gets dropped in KotFE as his body comes and facerolls the galaxy
>>
>>318465910
Too bad none of that character is shown in the game and he's just a fucking Saturday morning cartoon villain.
>>
>>318459798
I don't even care. I prefer KotOR to The Sith Lords. It was the better starwars game.
>>
File: fingers-crossed.jpg (183 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
fingers-crossed.jpg
183 KB, 283x424
Please let this not be canon, please let this not be canon.
>>
>>318465140
Is that the shield generator bunker?
>>
>>318465910
A literal scrub who still managed to kill both the Exile and torture Revan for centuries
>>
Did they remove all the shit kill X of X quests?

There only seems to be the story and planet quests now Please tell me this is what they did
>>
>>318466501
They shuffled them off to a category all to themselves so you can outright avoid them now.
>>
>>318466501
They made it so you now only need to do your class quest and planetary stories to level with all side quests hidden by default
>>
>>318466638
>>318466609
Brilliant
>>
>>318455612
>rakata prime canon
>kotor canon
>revan canon
>bane canon
>canderous canon
>if canderous is canon the yuuzhan vong are canon
>>
File: original.gif (3 MB, 635x351) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
3 MB, 635x351
>KoTOR is now canon
>Battlefront KoTOR DLC skin released.
>EA was keeping the features of the season pass hidden for this.
>>
>>318456179
That's normal, though. It's why Bane nuked them all and started the rule of two.
>>
>>318466862
Not quite how they go about introducing EU stuff into canon.
>>
>>318457975
>>318462007
That one Kyle Katarn advert where he's just dragging the lightsaber through a wall was pretty dope.
>>
File: my sides.jpg (43 KB, 433x378) Image search: [Google]
my sides.jpg
43 KB, 433x378
>>318455612

>KOTOR canon
>SWTOR canon
>KOTOR2 shat on

PLEASE DO IT DISNEY
FOR THE GLORIOUS KREIAFAG TEARS
>>
>>318466862
The canderous piece is easily retconable.
Bane is already canon, he's a Lucas creation. Novelizations of movies count as L canon.

As for the rest, some inside info here, a majority of pre-TPM EU will be rehabilitated and reorganized into new canon friendly material. Last I heard there was a debate as to whether TOR content would be canon, and some consideration of whether to redo the Stark Hyperspace war and other conflicts that led into the Naboo Crisis.
>>
>>318467409

SWTOR or at least KOTFE is canon, it got the Lucasfilm logo now, instead of Lucasarts, even though Lucasarts still do exists-
>>
File: 1446409010388.png (68 KB, 165x190) Image search: [Google]
1446409010388.png
68 KB, 165x190
>>318466945
>Since Lehon is canon now...
>Lehon planet DLC now activated with 4 maps.

It all makes fucking sense now.

No... no....
>>
>>318466945
>Battlefront KOTOR

All of my money

If the base game was good that is
>>
>>318465853
Throughout all of KotFE there are probably a couple dozen lines customized to your class. I haven't done hunter but agent is pretty entertaining. Valkorian mentions how your head is kind of crowded, SCORPIO has some unique dialogue.

The entire thing is pretty much written for a Force User though. If you're a non force user you just get some hand wavey "well even though you don't use the Force you're still pretty amazing" even if it goes against thematic elements of non-force classes. Like Agents are just supposed to be these cogs in the machine who serve at the pleasure of the Sith for better or worse but definitely nothing fair or logical about it. Hunter main story focuses on their unique relationship with the Empire - separate but necessary. Like, why the hell would Lana give a shit about BH, Agent, Scoundrel, or some random spec ops trooper.

Content is dope though and really a return to form for the series.
>>
>>318467158
>>SWTOR canon
Right...the first dead Jedi to ever separate himself from the Force to manifest to anyone was Obi-Wan and in SWTOR it's an everyday occurrence "tee hee it's a jedi thing."
>>
>>318467849
I hope more classes get their companions as part of the actual plot. So far its just been JK and IA, hell IA is getting two companions involved in the plot.

I wanna see one of the Inq's companions actually relevant. Maybe Khem Val.
>>
>>318466961
and that is also retarded.
>>
>>318467918
>"tee hee it's a jedi thing."
Not really. Freedon Nadd exists outside of kotor lore and he's a pretty important sith force ghost, basically Star Wars' Lucifer proxy.

Even if you only consider the time in which the films are made, Qui Gon was a ghost who taught Yoda how to do it who helped Obi Wan with it.

The biggest thing about KOTOR that would offend the current non-legacy storyline is rakata and star forges.
>>
>>318467918

are you some butthurt OT fag?

In TOR era also almost every Sith can do force lightning, because without teleporting blackhole shit EU Sidious just a ant compared to TOR era Sith.
In TOR era both Jedi and Sith are more stronger in the force and do things more easily, like dont have problem moving a fucking X-Wing out of a swamp, especially not a fucking Grand Master.

Does this make you mad?
>>
>>318467986
The mined files show Khem as an alliance recruit.

The companions that have the highest chance of returning are the first companions for each class minus Mako since we know Torian is showing up later.

Kaliyo is coming in next chapter and Jorgan and the new Havoc Squad are showing up soon too.I think the mined files also showed Corso. The only real wildcards are Consular and Inq but it's probably going to be Iresso and Revel respectively.
>>
>>318467986
A while back someone posted the datamined character appearances for the remaining chapters and there's Vette, Gault, Jorgan, and Torian making appearances in the main story content that's left for Season 1 of KotFE.
>>
what's this obsession with what is and isn't canon
>>
>>318467986
Khem would be awesome. I haven't done BH yet but that devaronian companion shows up in a cutscene I thought. You see him with the crew you pick up for the ancient super ship. I thought there'd be some lines exchanged then.
>>
>>318466230

idk its the set of Rogue One so its anybodys guess
>>
>>318468519

>No Jaesa
>No Kira
>NO SCOURGE

JUST
>>
>>318468538
Canon things will have their stories and content continued while non-canon things will have no resolution and their consequences no longer matter.
>>
Best case scenario: Kotor 1+2 confirmed canon, TOR non canon
Good scenario: Kotor 1 confirmed canon, TOR and KOTOR 2 non canon
Eh scenario: None are canon
Worst case scenario: Kotor 1 and TOR are canon
>>
>>318468538
It's /v/. We need something to argue about
>>
>>318468519
>Season 1 of KotFE.

Man, I wonder if the Emperor is gonna get away at the end. I mean hes pretty clearly set up to be the final boss for the whole damn game, so whenever we beat him will presumably be the end unless the last expansion is just Republic and Empire going back to war for the final time.

But it would also be really fucking annoying if the emperor gets away again at the end of the expansion unless they are doing a "season 2"
>>
>>318466961
The last Sith he nuked was because they were too open and literally had an empire that were attacking worlds and had an army. He started the rule of two to go into "hiding" and not make the Sith a target.

But if the intention was for secrecy, why didn't he just make a hidden dojo of Sith warriors? Wouldn't the purpose be the same? What if a master died before training his apprentice? It's almost a miracle his new Sith didn't go extinct.
>>
>>318468660
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>318468676

Best scenario is Kotor1+SWTOR canon.
Nobody wants KOTOR2 except the non-SW fan edgelords with their mommy issues.

Also best scenario because out of all 3 KOTOR2 would make the shittiest Star Wars movie.
Mostly because it would not be Star Wars and would just overall shit.
>>
>>318468630
Apparently Jaesa's VA was difficult to work with so shes been let go.

Though they probably could have gotten someone else if they had wanted.
>>
>>318468350
We aren't talking fucking video game mechanics. Who gives a shit. The first Jedi to even learn to separate from the Force was Yoda who was taught the technique by the Force. That is canon.
>>
>>318468782
>unless they are doing a "season 2"
They are. That's why it's called Season 1. There will be more seasons.
>>
Been thinking about playing again. Is Trooper worth trying? Is Bounty Hunter?
>>
>>318468903
>The first Jedi to even learn to separate from the Force was Yoda

You forgot the part "in his time".

Yoda can barely move an X-wing kek.
>>
>>318468934
Well I haven't seen "Season 1" anywhere in the promo stuff.
>>318468991
Bounty Hunter is pretty great lightside or dark.

Im enjoying grey trooper right now but not everyone likes that story.
>>
>>318463002
This was the best decision.
Almost no one plays TOR for the PVP.
>>
>>318469112
In a few interviews and data files there's mentions of a second season
>>
>>318469113
I just wish they would make 1 player versions of earlier ops. Or at least 2-4 player versions. Getting 8 fucking people for ops that aren't the current daily is a fucking chore.

Maybe I just need a better guild.
>>
>>318468718
>It's /v/. We need something to argue about

Truth.

Also the 'big' announcement isn't going to be anything about making things canon. They've already said it's some 'unprecedented' thing for subscribers. What do you guys think that it'll be subscriber only canon?
>>
>>318468903
>That is canon

If KOTOR gets named canon, you can wipe your ass with Yoda. ;^)
And just based on the planets and SWTOR getting the Lucasfilm ltd logo, pretty much confirm TOR era canonity.

Therefore, Yoda is a shit.
>>
>>318468903
Do you mean keeping your conscious after death and speaking with others?

Because we don't know if anyone else could do that before but we do know that Qui Gon and Yoda can do it.
>>
>>318464837
Essentially the change in direction boils down to this
He changed his mind
I think the new emporer is pretty a chill guy, although obviously I heavily question his motivations
>>
>>318468784
>He started the rule of two to go into "hiding" and not make the Sith a target.
That was part of it, but the main impetus was Bane saw the current sith as being false. In fact the entire Bane trilogy highlights how throughout years and years of war both Jedi and Sith became more and more similar. Sith needed an organizational structure that wasn't prone to destroying itself so they created their "brotherhood" and false equality. Jedi under General Hoth became hardened killers who lost perspective of the value of living things, including themselves - they just wholeheartedly through themselves into war and justified lives spent for the cause.

The main goal was to be pure to what being Sith is, and what the title Darth represents: A challenge against everyone else, a declaration of supremecy, and an invitation to everyone to prove them wrong. The secrecy aspect of the rule of two lies within Bane's desire for revenge which he passed down to his apprentice so on and so forth.
>>
>>318468903

Yes mate.
i can also confirm no one ever committed murder until the first police report.
>>
>>318457445
Thats addressed quite alot in the imp agent storyline, basically the sith are a bunch of faggots and if there were no sith or jedi the empire would crush the republic.
>>
>>318469282
But they did

Black Talon
Esseles
Boarding Party
Taral V
The Foundry
Maelstrom Prison
Directive 7
Battle of Ilum

All of them have solo versions now
>>
>>318469548
Im still pissed off that the choices to take his power are light and dark sided even though you could argue the opposite for both choices.

Apparently its lightsided to stand back and watch as your ally gets gutted when you could have gotten help saving her.

And you could argue that a dark sided character wouldn't want to rely on the power of a guy who presumably has ulterior motives. Like perhaps possession

If they pull a fucking Jack of Blades ending, Im gonna be pissed
>>318469723
Those are flashpoints, Im talking about Ops. The big dungeons. Terror from Beyond and Dread Fort/Palace and all those.

Especially since they already removed the armor drops from the earlier Ops I hear.
>>
>>318469925
Ah, fuck. I suck cocks.

That's my bad
>>
>>318470092
No prob.

Though its kinda annoying that you don't get the actual rewards for doing single player flashpoints.

At least when I did Black talon in solo mode, I just got commendations. I mean I guess its to encourage you to actually play this multiplayer game in multiplayer, but after doing it with so many characters, Id rather just get it over with for the gear.
>>
>>318470385
The Battle for Yavin arc stuff gives you tokens for that dope ass hobo armor. And Manaan gives you a chance for cool swords and I think a speeder?
>>
File: thrillho.jpg (46 KB, 730x487) Image search: [Google]
thrillho.jpg
46 KB, 730x487
so how's the latest exp?

is it worth coming back for fun times on my operative?
>>
>>318470385
Solo modes are literally just for experiencing the story

I still don't understand why Directive 7 is in their pool of pushed flashpoint stories unless its thing about sentient droids ties in with KotFE's story at some later point

>>318469925
>gutted
it's a scratch on her arm
Valk's doing his typical manipulative bullshit to get more of a hold over you so he can assume direct control when you've defeated Arcann and Vaylin so he can have his toy empire back

>old ops armour
you can get those from the remnant shells from Alliance supply crates
there's the Dreadguard, Arkanian, Underworld, Yavin and Resurrected sets
>>
File: LanaBenikoConcept1.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LanaBenikoConcept1.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1080
Is this bitch supposed to the Star Wars version of Liara or something?

The damn game seems to be pushing for her romance way too hard.
>>
>>318471371
Pretty sure she got slashed in the gut. I mean as we see nothing permanent happens, but it looked bad at the time.

Still it should have been a neutral choice.
>>
>>318471464
Lana is cute!
>>
>>318471464
No one is pushed harder than Mako.
>>
>>318459328
>>
>>318471651

For real, even the female BH got some serious subtext going on. The last chat with her is basically them admitting they love each other.

Kinda sad, because the only other romance before Lana came along for the female BH was Torian.
>>
>>318471570
It's a giant orange glowing scratch on her arm that looks stupid as fuck because it's just on a texture layer on top of her armour
>>
>>318471651
What are you talking about? Devs don't give a single fuck about one class's old and busted companion. Lana is at the center now for ALL classes and a major player in the story.

Mako is nothing.
>>
>>318471464
They're pushing her as your sidekick. I think she, Faggot McValkorianfellation and Senya are supposed to be your Leia, Han and Obi-Wan.
>>
>>318471947
>insidious ancient DS spirit who wants to manipulate you for his own ends
>in any way comparable to Han
>>
>>318471947
Except that if you are a male BH, you literally have to romance her to finish her plot. Shes literally the only companion that you MUST romance to finish her story line.
>>
>>318472061
I was talking about Koth.
>>
>>318472101
Woops, I meant that for >>318471919
>>
>>318469113
People were, till EA fucked up and decided to lock everyone in one skill tree instead of making their own custom character.
>>
I hope that your new companions come into conflict later and maybe even possibly become mutually exclusive (that is to say you have to pick a side and some die).

Im still pissed that they removed companions dying from the original game. Mostly because Skadge is literally the worst companion in the game and there should be no reason I let him on my ship
>>
>>318472101
I didn't. She was fine in the friendzone and sucking Torian's cock.

Also that does not compare to Lana's push at all. Mako is literally nothing.
>>
Koth is such an unlikeable shitbag and his antagonistic relationship with Momma Big Thighs is the worst written thing in the expansion. It's the trademark BioWare: Present problem. Problem immediately resolves itself because the plot must move on.

Like why even have it in the first place?
>>
File: jericho eyes.gif (1 MB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
jericho eyes.gif
1 MB, 150x150
>they announce KotOR3
>first feature they announce is that, yes, you can be gay and/or transgender
>>
>>318472192
>he thinks EA is involved at any point in the development process

all they care about is the dosh
>>
>>318472494
It has nothing to do with a new game. The announcement is about subscriber rewards for SWTOR and something to do with its recent expansion.
>>
>>318472390
Except they haven't resolved it yet, what are you talking about? Koth called her a jerk in the bar in chapter 9.
>>
>>318469572
You know, this actually makes a lot of fucking sense.

Thanks for clarifying this up for me.
>>
>>318472390
I thought it would be decent to have a companion has a totally different view of Valk but they made Koth so hard to tolerate. Not to mention Senya does that and in a much more personal way.
>>
>>318469572
quality post, thanks for posting anon
>>
>>318472390
It's unbelievable just how fucking retarded Koth is.

>Man the Emperor is great, you should trust him!
>Koth, he literally murdered billions of people
>Well he was always good to Zakuul :^)

He literally justifies Vitiate's immeasurable crimes with "Muh Zakuul"
>>
>>318455612
SWTOR can't be canon because Valkorion/Vitiate is stronger than palpatine and palpagod has to be the strongest
>>
>>318473147

Then neither can be KOTOR or KOTOR2 since Revan, Exile, Nihilus and Stoneman are stronger than any character from the movies.
>>
Beat the shut out of Revan last night

His boss mechanic was retarded
>>
>>318473337
Revan and exile aren't as strong as people love to believe.

Hero of Tython is basically super Revan
>>
>>318473393
Are we talking about flashpoint Revan, storymode Revan, or Temple of Sacrifice Revan?
>>
File: ExarkunHS.jpg (372 KB, 520x595) Image search: [Google]
ExarkunHS.jpg
372 KB, 520x595
>>318455612
If KOTOR is canon they have to make the Tales of the Jedi comics from the 90s canon too.
>>
>>318473554
>Revan's spirit gets separated and the other half goes on to resurrect Vitiate
>the other half is powerful enough to warrant the MC and all of both faction's heroes to beat him up
>less powerful than Hero of Tython
senpai...
also in the book which led us to this Revan assraping he one shots a Dark Councillor right after being drugged up and tortured for months, I don't get why people think he's just a dude with a lightsaber
>>
>>318456179
It would also mean that lightsaber crystals would have different stats. And that there are mini rankors and a pre-hyperdrive ancient evil star empire of fish monsters who were the reason that the sand people are hateful assholes to everyone.
>>
>>318459328
That looks awful. I miss the old galaxy maps
>>
I'm a bit confused. How do they handle the central hubs like the Republic Fleet with the expansion skipping ahead? Does everyone still share the same hub regardless of what they're doing?
>>
>>318473856
Exar was mentioned so yes. But that meas naomi sunrider and her faggotry.
>>
>>318473941meanwhile, Revan had his ass beaten by the emperor, put in prison, and stays there for 3 centuries.
>hero saves the order, the with, and killed the emperor in 1 on 1 combat.>also broke free from the emperor, Revan had to be shielded by exiles spirit

All the PC force users shit all over revan
>>
File: swtor 2015-10-20 11-11-47-47.jpg (371 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-10-20 11-11-47-47.jpg
371 KB, 1920x1080
>>318474132
Yes, the expansion stuff is all it's own thing so you can essentially exit the current chapter you're on and go back to the fleet like normal with the option to jump back into expansion content when you want. However when you go to the new hub of Odessan you're in the current KotFE time.
>>
>>318474346
To be fair, the Emperor is the most OP character in the entire goddamn setting.

And no matter how you fight him in SWTOR, you do it in a group. Either in a flashpoint, an Op, or with a bunch of AI allies.
>>
>>318457164
>kotor is canon
>kylo ren was Revan all along.
Calling it.
>>
>>318474346
>sith inquisitor on Rishi
>extra-galactic alien species sends signals to you
>you have been chosen
>they increase your lifespan

Yesssss
>>
>>318459508
Weren't they remaking Kotor to begin with?
Slapping out a remake and a sequel seems retarded.
>>
>>318474685
>Revan can't build a simple lightsaber

Oh how the mighty has fallen.
>>
>>318474931
What if it's just a ruse
>>
>>318455612
Was Revan dark-side and light-side thing last minute solution ?
>>
File: 1023.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1023.jpg
424 KB, 1920x1080
>>318469113
Given the amount of alliance content they're throwing at the players it wasn't a bad idea. Save money while going for some brownie points.
>>
File: 1440200296357.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1440200296357.gif
2 MB, 300x200
Yeah kotor 1 and 3-7.

Not 2. Dummy.
>>
>>318469113
>>318475306
Huttball is pretty good.
>>
>>318455612
>no empire soldier to mirror republic trooper
>no republic spy to mirror imperial agent
>no droid classes
>no neutral+unique bounty hunter + smuggler who picks a side during their class quest early on
>restricting single/dual/double-bladed lightsabers to specific classes

I'm still disappointed
>>
>anything that isn't the first trilogy, and maybe the next trilogy if it ends up being good
>canon

Nobody gives a damn shit about all these stupid comic books and novelizations and gay ass video games.

Fuck off nerds.
>>
>>318475780
>I decide what is canon
I'll fuck you, nerd
>>
>>318475910
haha! joke's on you, I'm a bottom, and I'll enjoy it!
>>
>>318475910
>EU was canon until Disney came and saved the franchise

Nothing fucking matters outside the actual films.
>>
File: 1447561775034.jpg (64 KB, 499x349) Image search: [Google]
1447561775034.jpg
64 KB, 499x349
>>318476021
>>
File: 342432253251.jpg (130 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
342432253251.jpg
130 KB, 658x370
>>318476129
>nothing matters outside the actual films
>>
>>318475651
As for the weapon restrictions they did say they want to add the ability for everyone to use every kind of weapon for cosmetic purposes. Though your abilities will only work with the weapon type your class uses.
>>
>>318476417
Come on, you don't need to completely homogenize all the classes Bioware. They can be allowed to have differences.

Though I guess if they can't actually use their skills then it doesn't matter too much outside of using them for like taking pictures of your character.
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.