[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4 factions thread. No one believed the institutes lies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: fallout4.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
fallout4.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Fallout 4 factions thread.

No one believed the institutes lies right? We all chose the brotherhood right?
>>
I chose to uninstall
>>
File: ScreenShot191.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot191.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Siding Brotherhood

There is only one correct answer
>>
>>318451242
Yeah man, not playing shitty shells of a formerly good series is just LE EBIN MEEMEES
>>
>>318450945
the dude bros who just want to play army? nah man.
who /MM/ here?
>>
>>318451242
le le shitposting 12 year old redditor meme am i right xD
>>
>>318451430
more like minute meme
>>
hide institute threads
ignore institute posts
do not reply to institute posters
>>
>>318451389

fun fact, fallout was never a good series.

Fallout was decent. fallout 2 was plain stupid, and the tactics games are so terrible, nobody even talks about them any more.

There's a reason the series died, and had to be rebooted.
>>
File: 1402676393022.jpg (59 KB, 413x398) Image search: [Google]
1402676393022.jpg
59 KB, 413x398
I proudly sided with the Institute because it's the most Enclave-esque thing in the game.
>>
>Brotherhood of Steel
/pol/
>Institute
/sci/
>Railroad
Tumblr, r/politics
>Minutemen
The Boy Scouts

Factions in this game are really fucking underwhelming compared to how New Vegas handled them. The quests for them are either sparse or meaningless radiant quests and there aren't any memorable representatives like House or Caesar.
>>
Is going with Minutemen basically the Independent Vegas Option for Fallout 4?
>>
>>318451786
>MM
>Boy scouts
>Literally just a militia trying to not die
>>
>>318451786
>The Minutemen
*the redditmen
>>
>>318451101
>Do You like me now /v/ :3? I'm posting memes :D I'm just like you now xD
The Post
>>
>>318451623
Having shit taste doesn't justify liking shitty games anon.
>>
>>318451681
but the enclave had a military capable of exerting their will, the institute only exists because they have never been challenged, and as soon as a challenge appears (BoS) they panic.
>>
>>318452273
If the Institute weren't retards they could just beam a bomb on board the Prydwen and be done with it.
>>
>>318451786
so, what you're saying is that the brotherhood of steel is the best choice?
>>
>Sided with Railroad
>Preston wont shut the fuck up about how blowing up the Institute was wrong every time I so much as stand within shouting distance
I'm gonna send him to Spectacle Island the next time he says something about it.
>>
>>318452351
but they are retards. if the brotherhood didn't fix liberty prime then the institute wouldn't have a god damn clue about how to handle them.

in the institute ending the brotherhood basically defeats itself because the institute is incompetent
>>
File: wonder bait.jpg (163 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
wonder bait.jpg
163 KB, 622x626
>>318451623
>>
>>318452430
The Brotherhood is too childish, they have the right idea like /pol/, but also like /pol/ they're fucking retarded in how they plan to execute their plans.
>>
File: 1442434540432.jpg (57 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1442434540432.jpg
57 KB, 846x846
>>318452430
Of course. I support any faction that wants to gas the SJWRoad
>>
>>318452601
how would you suggest they eradicate mutants, ghouls, and synths?

i mean, yeah, they probably should have just executed the institute scientists then taken their tech. And they really didn't need liberty prime, but I think that was more just so they could have it in the future.

Other than that, what did they do wrong?
>>
Notice how the new factions created by Bethesda are shit
Hmmmmmm
>>
>>318452110
>>318452559
F1 and 2 sucked m80s
Shitty turn based miss simulators are things of the past
>>
>Codex says preserve tech and keep it out of the hands of stupid people
>Proceed to annihilate every Synth you find and somehow develop a hatred for them along the way

I dont get it. Once again Bethedsa missed the mark with the Brotherhood
>>
>>318453038
NV had some bad factions too

Caesars legion is the worst faction in the fallout universe IMO.

Caesar commands one of the largest armies in the US, and one of the largest land areas, and the best soldiers he can afford to field are guys in football gear with sharp sticks?
>>
File: fig,black,mens,ffffff.u2.jpg (35 KB, 556x350) Image search: [Google]
fig,black,mens,ffffff.u2.jpg
35 KB, 556x350
>>318452430
>>318452765
>>318452780
It's a school night, kids.
>>
>>318453201
AI is a little too dangerous to preserve. They see it as a threat potentially as destructive as the nukes.
>>
I would really like to pick BoS. I really would.

But fucking Todd won't let me. The main questline is bugged for me, goddamn Ingram just won't move at all when Liberty Reprimed is starting.

I haven't found any solution yet and to wait for the Bethesda to graciously give me a patch is horrid.
>>
>>318453038
great meme my fellow anonymous
>>
>>318453334
Debatable.
Even then not every New Vegas faction was shit unlike FO4
>>
>>318453038
The factions of Fallout 4 are actually miles better than the big 3 in New Vegas. As far as writing quality goes.

New Vegas factions were too black and white. Every 4 faction has its pros and its cons
>>
>Not teaming up with nigger gravy
>Not raising up entire armies out of farmers
>Not obliterating technologywhores and sophisticated robot slaves with said army of farmers
>>
>>318450945
I only joined the Brotherhood because Danse told me to.
>>
>>318453375
if you got liberty prime working, shouldn't you be going to speak to maxson? after that quest you get to turn prime on for real and attack the institute
>>
Why would you choose the Brotherhood, though?
>>
>Fallout New Vegas Companions
Relationship revolves around bringing them to places of personal significance, operating in the Mojave according to the ideals of whatever faction they sympathize with, and the PC can influence the companion's character arc for two different conclusions.
>Fallout 4 Companions
Pick 50 locks and they love you. Maybe you get a personal quest and maybe you don't. Fuck you.
>>
>>318453504
Feel free to refute me.
Why are Minutemen or Institute well written
On another note why did anyone think shoving a shitty Blade Runner rip off plot was good?
>>
File: ScreenShot204.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot204.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>318453731
This guy gets it
>>
>>318453334
Fuck you the legion was great
>>
>>318453701

What are the bad sides of the railroad?

Every other faction falls in the gray, but the railroad seem like "good guys"
>>
>>318453701
It's like you live in opposite world. Was MGSV not shit there?
>>
>>318453992
>Was MGSV not shit there?

The fact that you think MGSV was bad is more than enough for me to disregard your opinion
>>
>>318453334
One of the reasons Caesar's Legion was so successful was because they were able to effectively wage war without relying completely on technology. Weren't you paying attention? It doesn't matter if you're wielding a mini-gun, a spear through the neck still kills you.
>>
>>318453853

The thing is, New Vegas' companions were unlikable garbage. I honestly dislike all of them, except for raul.

I like every single fallout 4 companion
>>
>>318453809
Nah, not that far yet. When you are starting Liberty Reprimed quest, it is directly after your first visit in the Institute, when Ingram is supposed to go somewhere to show you something (hint hint). But she just stands there, giving me "this individual is busy" message. Drives me crazy.
>>
>>318453940
>What are the bad sides of the railroad?
They're leftist terrorists that won't let you join if you have some qualms about dying for a fucking robot. Synths are not people and they're just like SJW maniacs who think Bruce Jenner is a woman.
>>
>>318453731
> supporting pleb proletariats
>>
>>318452780
>Make sure there are no nukes by nuking a place
>Make people hate us by bullying them and killing the synths and ghouls they actually like
>this is more a Bethesda problem but Danse not reacting to Strong talking about how the Super Mutants will kill everything one day
>of all the fucking things to use to group up they use a fucking blimp
>let a random wastelander join their ranks
>the person who wanted said wastelander to join turns out to be a synth, which in the Brotherhood's eyes are all enemies
>don't get suspicious of the wastelander who was recruited by the enemy
>when they found the Railroad they didn't just bomb them when it was clear they'd have 0 good technology
>after failing once they just give up
>don't attack Strong on sight
>don't attack Nick on sight
>don't attack X6 on sight
>>
>>318454141
>>318454141
I wished I had low standards like you anon
>>
>>318454189

That would be bad if synths werent actually self aware and sentient, but they are, so the railroad are just overzealous freedom fighters if anything.
>>
>>318453940
The better question is what is there good side, followed up by "shouldn't you be liberating a mailbox somewhere"
>>
>>318454151
You're trying way too hard to troll us, fanboy.
>>
>>318454519
Fallout 4 did nothing wrong faggot. /v/ is just filled with snobby haters trying to be contrarian
>>
>>318453940
How are the Minutemen not the "good guys"?
Literally all they want is to help people, they just hate Raiders.
>>
>>318450945
>Brotherhood
>ever
>>
They made deciding who to side with really hard because they're all so fucking shitty.

BoS is probably best though
>>
>>318454519

New Vegas is a shit game by merit of giving Felicia day paying work.
>>
File: 8kREneu.jpg (173 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
8kREneu.jpg
173 KB, 1000x1500
>>318453940
What?From what i can see so far, the minuteman are the ones that strike as your "designated good faction".whats gray about them?am i missing something?
If anything, the railroad striked me as giant douches
>>
>>318454796
It's sad that BoS aren't best because they are the best written, they're the best because everyone else is shit
>>
>>318454786

Wrong.

Preston wants to help people.

The entire concept of a militia with no government is nonsensical. It leads to a situation where people join the group for their own protection, with no real intentions of helping other people out.

Its kind of how the entire thing got fucked in the first place
>>
>Fallout 4
>Synths are set up to be innocent dindus
>This theme is so heavily reinforced that there is a faction named the RAILROAD dedicated to 'freeing' them.
>Enter the BOS who HATES SYNTHS despite admitting they only see them as tools.
>Kills one of their own guys for being a Dindu

It's like Bethesda was going out of their way to make the BOS seem like the KKK
>>
>>318455068
Thing is 'a militia with no government' isn't one of the core foundations of the Minute Men. They are quite literally just a band of settlers who are working together to stop people from fucking their shit up. It is never stated anywhere that they would be against an organized government
>>
File: 1278013545489.png (127 KB, 311x262) Image search: [Google]
1278013545489.png
127 KB, 311x262
>>318454810
>>318454718
Looks like you're upset. You should go to the hospital to have all your internal organs stuffed back into your anus.
>>
>>318455275
but they can be convinced to let the dindu live

was anyone else upset that most of the non-synth companions who are afraid of synths or hate synths dislike you not supporting the railroad?

I still don't understand how the average guy, even the dude on the radio can think Institute = bad but Railroad = good
>>
>>318455427

I'm not saying they're anti government. I'm saying they dont have one, and a militia needs some kind of governing body to "defend"

And even then, the minutemen are a terrible militia. I thought they might defend my settlements or something, but the actual minutemen do absolutely nothing, and the PC basically has to carry the entire organization on their back
>>
So I just joined the BoS and wanted to do the Railroad quest. What happens if I start it now? Anything?
>>
>Can't join Children of Atom to spread His Glow
>>
>>318455275
Well they don't really put the Railroad in a positive light, Deacon and Glory are the only likable members.
And the Danse thing doesn't really work because you can't be secretly black. The Railroad seems to focus more on slavery in general than just black people.
>>
>>318455427
if you side with the institute you run into a group of minutemen who you need to stand down.

they flat out tell you that you being general doesn't mean shit, you have to either convince them to let it go this ONE time or fucking shoot them.

their is no government with the minutememe

not to mention the whole "a group of mirelurks literally killed all of us" thing. they had fucking artillery, there is no excuse for the mirelurk queen being able to destroy the minutemen entirely
>>
File: we-the-people.jpg (519 KB, 3008x1156) Image search: [Google]
we-the-people.jpg
519 KB, 3008x1156
The choice is obvious
>>
>>318455713
You can join everyone but you'll eventually have to kill one or two of the factions.
>>
>>318450945
I went with Institute if only because you can change things under your leadership and actually have the Institute work for the good of humanity. I was glad to kill off this branch of Brotherhood, they were retards.
>>
>>318455713
the quests "mass fusion" and "spoils of war" are the breaking points. if you do spoils of war then railroad/institute will become enemies no matter what, but you can work with the railroad for a little while longer after that.

the railroad literally requires you to help the institute before you finish the main quest
>>
>>318455968
>I went with Institute if only because you can change things under your leadership
No you cant, stop spreading lies.
>>
>>318455968
>get told your going to lead the institute
>the people who grow the fucking food decide to starve everyone else

yeah, im sure they're all going to just accept you drastically changing the way they work. Not to mention their pickled super mutants. What could go wrong.
>>
>>318455713
Just play and save until you have to do something bad to other factions. I met the leader of the brother hood on the blimp and the next mission led me to beleive that I had to fuck up a fellow factoin so i went off my way and got to the railroad guys so i can get muh ballistic weave.
>>
>>318456067
How is that a lie? Obviously you can't do much during the actual game, i'm talking about in the future.
>>
>>318456239
but anon the next quest is "kill super mutants for us"

thats something every group would approve of
>>
>>318456285
You are never given the option to change anything. Stop spreading bullshit
>>
>>318456207
>Talk them out of it
>Give the order to have them executed
>Walk five feet
>"I can't believe what you did to so-and-so"
>The guy she said was executed literally walks past me
Bunch of fucking geniuses in there
>>
>>318456207

That makes no sense for most characters, considering everyone who has ever played a video-game is going to give themselves 10 int.

Seems like a logical reaction for someone with low int though.
>>
Does the tesla coil mod have any disadvantages? Or should I give my X-01 stealth boy? My T-60 has jetpacks
>>
>>318453767
>trusting a synth
>>
>>318456751
I hear it can glitch and harm innocents causing them to attack you.

Why would you give it a stealth boy? What are you, a faggot? It's fucking power armor. Give them all a jetpack and just fly to the top of buildings then rain death down on anything that tries to harm you.
>>
>Minutemen are supposed to be spread out everywhere, ready to jump into action
>Railroad are supposed be covert, not letting anyone know who leads them, or where their headquarters are
>only see Minutemen when I have to protect a settlement
>running into Railroad agents 24/7 and they're fighting fucking everything
>usually near Power Armor and other military shit
The Minutemen are so fucking worthless.
>>
>>318453731
>getting shitty rehashed quests dumped on your ass whenever you want to talk with him
>>
File: 1382043259459.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1382043259459.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
>>318450945
The only choice besides the Institute.

The Railroad are a joke. By the time the Sole Survivor arrive they were about to be destroyed by the Institute. End up with just a hand full of members hiding under a damn church. (which every other faction knew its location. You felt like a god damned taliband.
>Desdemona:We are declaring war on BoS/Institute!!
Yeeah right .A rag tag team that was on its death bed, taking down a military organization. HA!

Institute are delusional motherfuckers. How are synths human kinds hope? But at the very least it believable they can take on BoS with their T2s and gen1-2 fodder.

Minutemen= future raiders. They will fall apart again.

Curie best waifu. Would be nice to have a EDI mod when the kit is released.
>>
>>318456974
>The Minutemen are so fucking worthless.
Wasn't that obvious when they make you, their precious general, do all the fucking grunt work for the shitty settlements they raised yet do nothing for?
>>
File: 166515616.jpg (17 KB, 228x310) Image search: [Google]
166515616.jpg
17 KB, 228x310
>Every faction offers generated quests
>Minute Men quests are (Suprise suprise) related to helping settlers
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOW THE MINUTE MEN ARE SO USELESS I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING

The levels of stupid I'm reading here.
>>
>>318451242
>>318451502
>/v/'s famous full 180 after sticking with an opinion for a while

Same happened with Amiibo, Undertale, and a bunch of other stuff. You people will start hating on the game again in a month or two.
>>
>>318457068
>Minutemen= future raiders. They will fall apart again.
I remember seeing some random raider/gunner with power armor that had some minutement uniform on him after I killed him.
>>
>>318457232
Nobody but Nintendrones thought Amiibos were anything but cancer.
>>
>>318457349
>constant threads about hating them turned into constant threads about liking them

Sure.
>>
>>318457231
In the other factions you have to ask for them, in the minutement they're forced onto you if you ever stay in the castle long enough thanks to the shitty radio station and Preston Gravy constantly giving you sets of 3 missions if you say hello to him.
>>
>>318450945
I completed all endings just to see what would happen. Siding with the brotherhood is the only worthwhile one.

The institute ending is abrupt, the railroad is a bunch of sjw fags, and the minute men basically do not want to change anything at all.

All endings don't really feel as if they have an impact on the wasteland but at least with the brotherhood ending you get sentinel paint for your power armour and a jet pack. Every other unique piece of gear from the factions can be acquired from the brotherhood storyline. I think the only thing you cannot get is the main railroad uniform but it looks retarded so it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>318455275
>head of The Minutemen is black

WHAT A DIVERSE GAME
I FEEL SO ETHNIC
>>
>>318450945
I couldnt let all those tech go to waste
>>
>>318457346

Clint is an ex minutemen who helped the gunners take quincy.

Just goes to show you
>>
>>318450945
The institute is led by a kekold who grew up with the lone wanderer pounding Sarah's pride in the adjacent room.
>>
>>318457346
libertalia has a group of raiders who started out as minutemen, then realized that being good guys just doesnt pay. They started extorting bunker hill for money, then when people wanted to join them because theyre good raiders they finally realized what they were.

They didn't care and kept raiding
>>
>>318457470
The last tier of pickpocket lets you steal equipped items, can you steal Maxson's bad ass coat?
>>
>>318456998
this
also every time I go to the castle I get those dumbshit quests over the loudspeaker and if I don't complete them quickly they'll fucking fail on me.
>>
>>318450945
Ad Victoriam Brother. Let nothing stand in our way until the Commonwealth is freed from the scum created from the hubris of our ancestors.

tfw the Brotherhood is the evil ending
>>
>>318457903
I could steal his coat while finishing withe the brotherhood though ....
>>
File: IMG_2093.jpg (147 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2093.jpg
147 KB, 1365x2048
Ok lads, i need some help.So, ive done the firsr quest for the memeroad and retook theyr underground HQ, but after that i decided to continue with the main q.i was on the part where you have to chose whonto build your teleportation device and i chose the minuteman.after i visit the institude and finished my q, i decided to go and check the railroad and see if i can get any quests there.the only q's that i can get are from that tinker nigga who gives me those endless quests to install some shitty machines at randim places, and when i try to talk ti Desdemona, she tells me that im member of the minuteman and should leatve them and join the memeroad.do i have to do this to be able to do bos/rail quests?
>>
Minutemen + Railroad/BoS surviving is literally the only good ending.

Minutemen win, meaning the people of the commonwealth win with a high chance of an actual government being formed and no way the Institute destroys it this time.

Railroad survive, allowing them to hide the few remaining Synths who need to be hidden get help.

BoS survive, letting them mop up the Super mutants/raiders/ferals before they bugger off to find the next big technological hoard.
>>
>>318457903
Shit sorry, misread ... I haven't tried to pickpocket him but I know if he dies you can take his coat so I'm assuming you could pickpocket it with the top skill upgrade
>>
>>318457068
>Yeeah right .A rag tag team that was on its death bed, taking down a military organization. HA!
Deacon talks about this. He says whoever has you on their side wins, they probably didn't even think about actually attacking the Institute and BoS until you showed up.
>>
File: ScreenShot189.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot189.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>318458191
BOS are more dangerous than muties and they are bullying my people out of their crops

They had to go
>>
>>318458316
What does it mean for a settlement to fall under the control of the BoS? I mean I only did that quest once.
>>
>>318458316
They only try to secure crops if you let them as the player.

If you dont join them, they dont do it ever.

In fact the only thing in the game that suggests they do ANYTHING if you dont get involved is protect the caravans to secure better deals for themselves. Thats it. The rest of the time they spend it killing mutants or getting killed by mutants.
>>
>>318458443
Seems like you see more BoS troops around settlements owned by the BoS.
>>
>>318458191
>implying

The Minutemen are useless. A group comprised of 99% disgruntled farmers won't establish shit. Plus as others have mentioned, the Minutemen have done nothing but break apart time after time again in the past, there's a better chance of it happening again.

The Railroad more or less consider synth life more important than human life, that's a dangerous thought to keep around.

The BoS I can agree with keeping around because no one else has the capabilities of mopping up the mutants raiders and ferals.
>>
>>318454235
It would be annoying as hell to have BOS attack you on sight just because you have a companion with you. Once that certain companion is declared an enemy of the BOS, it's impossible to take them anywhere, because your attacked by them too often.

Sure it's not realistic, but it's better in the long run.
>>
File: ScreenShot196.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot196.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>318458452
>You didn't see it so its not happening

They are a faction who thinks it's okay to threaten farmers with power armor death in order to secure supplies. There is no room for them in my Common Wealth
>>
>>318458553
> A group comprised of 99% disgruntled farmers won't establish shit.
Yeah anon

The entirety of human society current existence is totally 'shit'
>>
>>318458145
Did you do the quest to get the cache from the robot?
>>
>>318458550
That's not bad since I never see minutemen around anyways (lot of good those morons are), though vertibirds flying around settlements would probably lead to horrifying carnage due to how common it is for those to get shot and blow up.
>>
>>318458631
>>You didn't see it so its not happening
That is just, so ironic.
>>
>go Institute
>decide I want all the achievements
>do Brotherhood
>this happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpg9UDCc8_w

Fucking what
>>
>>318458735
Not much of an issue since Settlers are immortals.

>>318458631
But it literally does not happen, ever, if the player doesnt get involved.

Thats like saying its lore in fallout that the main player strips naked and suicides on the vault the moment they get into the open air, just because you can do that.
>>
>>318458652
This is different. Our society doesn't have the Institute and BoS to compete with. The power and number difference is extreme. Plus the Minutemen have nothing unless you build it ALL for them.
>>
File: 1447732027938.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447732027938.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1200
I decided not to choose a faction, I went and built a house for me and Curie in Sanctuary.
>>
>>318453201
That's a half-truth. The overall goal is to make sure that humanity doesn't destroy itself again, and for good this time. Hoarding tech is a means to an end, not something done for the sake of hoarding.
>>
>>318458952
>Settlers are immortals.
Not really, I've lost some to attacks.
>>
>>318458191
I went MM but still wiped out the Brotherhood.
>>
>>318459015
No you havnt, all settlers are totally immortal from all other NPC damage.

You must have killed them by accident yourself.
>>
>>318458579
KILLING paladin DANSE was pretty satisfying. I hate how they tried to make me give a fuck about a two-dimensional companion.
>>
>>318459090
Or maybe they were secret synths
>>
>>318450945
>>318451786
>>318452430

only if you need an authoritarian group to decide who you're allowed to be friends with. The brotherhood have no place in the commonwealth.

The commonwealth should be protected and ran by people who live in the commonwealth, thus Minutemen are the best option. Brotherhood can go fuck off back to DC.

Of course, railroad gives you the sweet Rail spike gun, so that is also an alright choice, being that they are from the commonwealth and not the institute.

I mean, fuck, whats the institutes end goal? Replace humans with synths? no thank you. May as well help the Railroad rescue some folks before you blow the institute up.

So in my game the only two factions left are Minutemen/Railroad.
>>
>>318457460
If you don't want to do them, just ignore them. It's pretty self-evident that if you set up shop by the fucking gigantic radio tower that you're gonna get quests.

May as well bitch about mirelurk enemies when you're setting up shop by the mirelurk camp at the south part of the map.
>>
>>318458956
>This is different.
No its not, you just want to pretend it is.

Doesnt matter what you think, Minutemen winning is blatantly the canon ending. Its the only one you physically cant lock yourself out of and its so obviously the good guy ending, no matter how much you cry and shit your pants believing it isnt.
>>
>>318459115
Danse was more likable than half of NV's companions, I get a migraine whenever people mention liking Boone.
>>
>>318458691
I dont think so, no
>>
So why was the institute replacing people?
I never got an answer to this despite finishing the institute quests first (just to find out)
>>
>>318459268

Because the institute needed a reason for making synths.
This is a bethesda game, dont go asking too many questions
>>
>>318459268
Because bad writing
>>
>>318459258
Maybe you have to do a few more of those procedurally generated quests but once you have the quest to get the cache that's pretty much all you need to do for them unless you plan on siding with them.
>>
File: ScreenShot58.jpg (737 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot58.jpg
737 KB, 1440x900
Curie is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>318459249
>>318459249
You're kidding right? Tell me one thing about him other than that fact that he is a BoS synth? He has absolutely no personality whatsoever. The extent of his persona is "Brotherhood of Steel RAAAHHH RAHHHH!".
>>
File: 1403770546134.png (176 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
1403770546134.png
176 KB, 320x310
>>318459249
Please leave the site.
>>
>>318459268
They never replace anyway, They were already Synths to begin with, Those fifthly Synth who escaped but never know they were synth like Dense. Institute just get them back and reformat them.
>>
>>318459242
Is there even a minutemen ending? Do you still wipe out every other faction?
>>
>>318458919
Killing Rhys made me so happy.
I Hindenburg'd the Brotherhood just because he was apart of them.
>>
>>318459268
>We should make a game about blade runner! That movie was so cool!
>alright so we have a faction making synths, but they need to be the bad guys because that's what was in blade runner
>okay so they are replacing people WITH synths
>BRILLIANT

And that is how the plot for FO4 was written.
>>
>>318458956
The Institute and BoS are gone in my playthrough. Plus they actually have someone capable as a General this time around.
>>
>>318459510
this
>>
>>318451242
>>318451989
>Bethesdrones this salty no one likes their shitty RPG
>>
>>318459090
Really? Could have sworn someone from the all ghoul settlement got killed in an attack.
>>
>>318450945
>That satisfaction when you lied to a synth saying your on his side only to tell the man with a gun to finish it off already
>>
>>318459638
The minutemen have an ending where you destroy the Institute. Its the default ending you cant avoid, for people who kill the BoS/Railroad/Institute so they dont get left with no ending at all (wouldn't want a choice in an RPG would we...)

You can choose to keep the BoS/railroad alive or kill them yourself as the Minutemen.
>>
>>318459510
Compare him to Veronica, he beats her out by miles

Veronica:
>LEL *HOLDS UP SPORK* HI IM VERONICA AND DESPITE BEING BOS ALL MY LIFE, I SHARE NONE OF THEIR IDEALS, AM A HUGE SJW PANDERING LESO AND MAKE LITERALLY NO SENSE

Danse:
>Is an outright asshole to you when you meet him
>Later regails you with a story from his youth which explains why he pushes you so hard
>Strongly represents the ideals of the Brotherhood to the point of accepting his death when he discovers he's a synth.
>Has several lines where he is about to tell a joke, then remembers he has to be serious and stops himself short.

Fallout 4 was weaker in many regards compared to NV, but as far as companions go, Bethesda BTFO's Obsidian. Don't even get me started on Nick
>>
>>318459268
They just replace *some* people to see how Synths are doing and where they need to improve them. It's just a few experiments. There are no plans to actually replace humans with Synths.

They just do it for the sake of science really.
>>
>>318459807
Utterly immortal to all NPC damage, like companions. They just get downed.

Unless you attack them yourself, in which case you can kill them. But they also forgive you if you do it.
>>
>>318459809
That was pretty fun, fucking synth asshole trying to steal a man's life.
>>
>>318459616
So synths were actually replacing synths ignorant of their identity?
I see.
Seems kinda contrived but technically it makes sense. I dont see why you wouldnt just let them be so the commonwealth doesnt hate and fear you.
Then again its a bethesda game.
>>
>>318459495
Aight, thanks man.
I dont like then at all, but i want that balistic weave, so i hope im still able to do the quest for it
>>
>>318451989
I beat every ending and my only motivation was the fact that I didn't want to feel as if I wasted my money on it.

Truthfully the game is incredibly subpar, the dialogue is shit, the characters are shit, the quests (albeit maybe three or four) are shit.

Tell me one thing that is objectively good about Fallout 4. Everything from the controls to graphics to gameplay is recycled mediocre crap.
>>
>>318458952
>Not much of an issue since Settlers are immortals.

And thank fuck for that or The Slug or sloge or w/e would be emptied whenever the forged ones attack since they don't just defend themselves but continue down, attack the forged ones, and then continue north to the gunners camp.

Shit's insane.
>>
>>318459268
The Institute literally has no given motivation besides "for the greater good," and no explanation is given as to what that means. If they ever had any cohesive and coherent direction immediately after the war, it was certainly lost by the time Shaun showed up. I don't think it's just Bethesda being shit at writing or arbitrarily choosing not to elaborate, it's just that the Institute is really that shallow and directionless. You can readily see how divided they are when you go around to the different departments the first time, and the internal political disputes become much more apparently problematic as the quests go on.

Bottom line is everyone has their own goals, some good and some not so good, but as an organization they have no real leadership or purpose and simply repeat "for the greater good" as a sort of mantra just because that's what their predecessors said.
>>
>>318459642
How hard would it have been to record a few new lines for when you fucking become 2nd in command of the Brotherhood
>>
>>318459945
I wasn't asking you to compare because that is too easy since you chose a random companion from new Vegas that is lacking. I'm asking you to actually tell me something about DANSE other than the fact that he is a patriotic brotherhood soldier; you can't.

But nice try.
>>
>>318460075
The slog, anon, the slog.

But yeah, honestly im okay with the settlers being immortal just because it would be hugely annoying to deal with them getting killed all the time.

But I feel like if they get downed they should go into a 'wounded' state where they have to sleep for a few days in one of your beds. Actually have a negative for them getting into fights rather than
>LOL took a mininuke to the face, time to go on one knee, pray to jesus, then get back up like nothing happened!
>>
[Dogmeat found something]
> jumps of the building

> stares at the sky

> falls through the roof of the building

> agro's nearby camp

> fucks off into the distant
> he doesn't return
> can't get a new companion because Dogmeat isn't there to break the dialogue animation
> ~3 hours later he suddenly respawns after exiting the elevator at the end of the first quest for Railroad with Deacon.

my fucking dog is broken and im trying to do a Lone Wanderer run
>>
>>318451101

WOOOOW WOW eh calm down ! you'll hurt someone with those edges !
>>
>>318460263
>Random companion

I compared the BOS characters from both games you fucking retard.

also

>being a patriotic brotherhood soldier who hides his sense of humor is somehow not a character because Anon says so
>>
>>318459945
>>Has several lines where he is about to tell a joke, then remembers he has to be serious and stops himself short.
That's deep man. If that's what you consider good character development I feel sorry for you.

That's like me going to fart and realizing that I just ate a fully loaded burrito and stopping.
>>
>>318459996
Not strictly true, as evidenced by the random encounter with the NPC confronting the synth version of himself. The synth will kill his human counterpart and readily admit to you that he's a synth if you're with the Institute at that point, but if you're not then he'll just carry on with the human charade, suggesting full awareness of his actions and the circumstances.
>>
>>318460008
Yeah the Cache quest is all you need for the ballistic weave. Go back and talk to robot just incase you missed it.
>>
>>318451430
Minutemen fag reporting in. Being this rich off trade routes feels good.
>>
>>318460263
He doesnt like scavengers. He thinks they are just profiteering assholes, and would even rather you side with the robots when dealing with them and the robots on whateverthenameofthatflyingshipis.

Maybe a subtle hint to Danse's feeling to robots.
>>
>>318451502
LE LEL LE LE LE MEMEMEMEME ME
MEEM
MEME
EME
ME
E
>>
>>318460368
>Get that message every 5 minutes
>Dogmeat never actually finds anything.
>Few hours later
>Randomly digs a stack of 25 pipe pistols out of the crack in the sidewalk
>>
>>318455805
>you can't secretly be black
You can, actually. Light-skinned blacks and whites with black ancestry would do everything in their power to hide these facts lest they face complete social ostracism. A few books have been written about it.
>>
File: ScreenShot67.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot67.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>All the haters in this thread

Seriously bruh, just pirate the game. You are denying yourself the best game of its gen because of some Bethesda hate meme
>>
>>318460394
Like I said "two-dimensional", maybe you should look up what that means or play a game with good character development, hell, even just go watch the shittiest blockbuster you can find and the supporting characters will have more of a personality than that faggot.
>>
>>318460487
>if you're with the Institute at that point
or if you do a hard charisma check.
>>
>>318459268
The mayor committed Suicide due to guilt and the Institute caught wind of it and filled his roll to keep a better eye above ground
Any one that they recruit to work for them they put a synth in place of them to avoid people noticing.
A good lions share of Synths in the common wealth are due to the railroad saving them and wiping their memories

You then have the dumbest random encounter of Ash and Synth Ash where it's not made clear why a Synth by himself would case down his double alone and try to take his life to replace him with no back up. A fan theory is he is a run away that got surgery to look like the guy but it still doesn't add up why he want to take that guys life and again, why the Institute would just leave a lone synth to do all the work in replacing someone.
>>
How much can you do for each faction?

Do you get a warning that a certain mission will piss off another faction?

Like, can I get Railroad's ability to upgrade clothes then still join BoS?
>>
>>318460490
>get ballistic weave
>still can't upgrade my favorite BoS outfits
;-;
>>
>>318460515
You're literally telling me things that do not matter and do not even remotely build a good character.

But alright, you and your butt buddy Danse have a nice night.

Fucking tryhard
>>
>>318460490
>to robot

Who?
>>
>>318459507
Anon? What is Nat doing half naked in your house?
>>
>>318460368
>haven't seen Dogmeat since killing Kellog
I have no idea where the fucker is.
>>
> Hey Player you are a Sentinel now, Maxon's Right Hand Man, second to the Elder himself.
> Can you bring this kid along also can you please tell farmers gib crops and find tech despite we have dedicated ambassadors and recon teams for this shit.
> Thanks, your making us proud Ad Victorum
>>
>>318460790
Dude, there is this thing that not many people know about called Google.
>protip
>>
>>318450945
Yeet
>>
>>318460849
>tell me something about Danse, you cant
>tell you something about Danse
>WELL THATS NOT IMPORTANT
You're right, it ISNT important.

Which just goes to show how much shitposting you're trying to shovel here when you concede your own prerequisites for a 'good' character are irrelevant.

Well done, you literally killed your own argument.
>>
>>318460854
there's a robot in the railroader's base that gives you quests
>>
File: Interracial NTR cuck.jpg (79 KB, 496x515) Image search: [Google]
Interracial NTR cuck.jpg
79 KB, 496x515
>>318460849
>Downplays everything anyone says to him just to maintain his baseless hate of Fallout 4
>Calls others tryhard.
>>
>choosing the brotherhood, who wants to kill innocent people, strip the wasteland of all of its tech, and move on

Brotherhood is an okay choice when compared to the pure 100% nothing good about them Insitute but anyone with a mind should go with the Railroad.
>>
>>318461061
he is right though
>>
>>318461052
>>318460849
fucking rekt
>>
>>318461052
No, you just failed to prove me wrong.
>>
>>318460854
You mean synth?Can you recall the name?
>>
>>318461154
>>choosing the railroad, who wants to kill innocent people, strip the wasteland of all of its tech to "liberate" it, and move on
Fixed for you
>>
>>318460790

A warning message will pop up to warn you.
>>
>>318461052
>>318461223
>samefag
>>
>>318460140
I haven't heard any of them say for the greater good even once.

They simply consider themselves the future of humanity and beleive the above ground world is definitely fucked. They're basically rebuilding the human society below ground.
>>
>>318461290
>no u
Thank you and good night.
>>
>>318461295
P.A.M.
She's in her own room in the Railroad base. She's an Assaultron or something
>>
>>318460790
You don't get a warning, be ready to use the console to reset a mission if you go to far. If you go far enough in the Brotherhood questline (as soon as you activate Liberty Prime) the next quest makes the Railroad hostile without any choice of saying no.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (44 KB, 588x291) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
44 KB, 588x291
>>318461408
whatever you say kid, looks more like you are trying to save face
>>
>>318461154
> Kill innocent people
> Arrive peacefully at civilized locations and chill with the locals

> Kill innocent people
> Institute scientists, playing God trying to fuck with the FEV virus and create legions of murderous robots, play experiments on the populace and act in the name of Science

> Kill innocent people
> The Railroad, synth sympathizers who murder poor Commonwealth citizens in the shadows. Continue to allow mass-murdering synths to escape their crimes by changing their identity.
>>
>>318461337
But the Railroad don't care about tech. They just want to free synths. They're the Minutemen but only for synths and actually do their job.
>>
>>318461686
>But the Railroad don't care about tech.
Oh so you havnt played the game or have, but didnt pay attention

Well done
>>
>>318461154
They're the only ones we see regularly fighting the horrible super mutant plague the east has.
>>
>>318459945
Veronica's mentor was a man who detested the rigors of the BoS and constantly tried to break their rules. This, combined with her "sexual deviance" led to her ostracism within the organization and subsequent "exile" as an acquisitions specialist. She's been exposed to the world beyond Hidden Valley, which has become increasingly insular since the Mojave Chapter's defeat at Helios One. Her character makes complete sense.
>>
>>318461671
>murder poor Commonwealth citizens in the shadows
When?
>>
>>318461484
Damn, never met here.Thanks pham, ill check it out now
>>
>>318458652
>He thinks the illiterate masses are responsible for society
>>
>>318451430
>hobos from the commonwealth playing cops

lel
>>
>>318461741
I don't remember them giving a single shit about tech. Every time I walk into their base all they talk about is freeing synths. Tinker Tom might have said something, but he's a faggot.
>>
I don't know why anyone thinks the Brotherhood is good for the Commonwealth. They're just going to strip the place of all its tech and then just leave everyone behind in a worse position than they were before.
>>
>>318461961
>Preston and the others were just rival raiders after the rest of the MM became raiders
>they see this wandering guy come along
>make a complete sucker out of him to get neverending labor from settlements and food
>>
>>318462213
This can be said of any government.
>>
>>318461557
ur dumb there is a litteral popup when you get on the bird to kill them dumbie
>>
>>318462271
Even more reason to not support the Minutemen.
>>
>>318462329
As soon as you start the mission before you even leave to get in the verti it says up in the top corner YOU ARE NOW HOSTILE WITH THE RAILROAD
>>
>>318461446
Shaun himself says they have humanity's best interests in mind and that they're the best hope for humanity. It's just as nebulous as a "greater good" answer, it doesn't actually mean anything or have any substance and gives no real explanation for what they're doing with synths or why.
>>
>>318462353
Then the wasteland will stay a place ruled by raiders and supermutants
>>
>>318462485
>implying

The Mojave has it pretty well off for having no unified government. Even moreso after the House/Independent endings.
>>
>>318462353
> Raiders
> Rape, pillage and steal anything they can expect to defeat
> Run off to their fortified shitholes and enjoy the easy life

> Minutemen
> Overcome near-destruction to regain its strength. Uses its power to support local settlements and bring about common civility between people of the Commonwealth

I think there is a bit of a fundamental difference between the two.
>>
>>318462380
you are high as a goddamn kite. It gives you a popup for the institute and railroad.

sober up man, we miss the old you.
>>
>the only time the Minutemen do anything even slightly interesting is when they get an Institute scientist and his synth bodyguards trapped in a house
I really want to like them but the game wont let me.
>>
>>318462854
He's saying that the minutemen can only defend and as an army are complete poop.

dumbass...

BOS are the only logical choice. The world needs a regeme to bring it together like rome, and they will eventually fall apart and give birth to a new civilization. Ad Victorium blue.
>>
>>318451101
Senpai did you kill yourself yet?
>>
>>318459507
What outfit is that? or what mod is that?
>>
Railroad > Brotherhood > Siding with no one > Minutemen > Institute
>>
I love how reactionary people are now to SJW that they consider the railroad to be SJW. It's supposed to be a parallel to the underground railroad, which has absolutely nothing to do with modern SJW or third wave feminism. People really are morons these days.
You can hate SJW without having to be the polar opposite, you know
"kek keeping slaves is cool, look how non-SJW I am!!"
>>
>>318460368
[Dogmeat has found something]
>Dogmeat snatches the Cyrolator out of it's master lock cage and hands it to me

You know what, you're alright.
>>
>>318463579
>"kek keeping slaves is cool, look how non-SJW I am!!"
Synths are tools. Maybe I should liberate my toaster and my fucking microwave.
>>
>>318463512
>siding with no one

>How do you even do that? All the endings trigger only if you help a faction
>>
>>318463709

You're a tool too.
>>
>>318463770
I don't know why I greentexted again. Getting tired I suppose.
>>
>>318459507
I gave her a stunning super sledge and full BoS heavy combat armor over an orange BoS uniform, One time I though about giving her some power armor but she breaks it too quickly
>>
>there are people who dont turn the institute for good
>there are people who'd rather destroy progress for the sake of gay masterbation in power armor/stupid farmers that need a guy to do EVERYTHING/Robutfuckers

anyone who does not pick the institute does not know how to lead and would rather die like a pathetic dog then lead humanity to the future

they probably killed off house because he did not dick suck the player
>>
>>318450945
no, i chose minutemen, destroyed institute, and had all the other factions make peace.
>>
>>318450945
I was gonna side with the BoS before I realized they would definitely destroy Ironsides, his crew, and his ship.
>>
>>318463579
Some of them argue about freeing gen 1s and 2s despite them essentially having some weak ass AI that can barely be classified as humanlike.
>>
>>318457346
>Implying they'll fall while I rule them
>Implying I give a shit what happens in that universe in my headcanon after I die?

I breathed new life into the wastes and gave these people over a dozen of the most serine plots of entirely renewable survival resources. If they fuck that up its on them, not me.
>>
>>318463916
House had a plan and didn't kidnap citizens to turn them into Securitrons. The Institute is practically "Oh we're doing this for the greater good, trust us. Please ignore our creepy FEV laboratory."
>>
>>318464046
>I was gonna side with the BoS before I realized they would definitely destroy Ironsides, his crew, and his ship.
Brotherhood are usually okay with robots, they have some themselves. It's synths they hate for approaching too close to human territory.
>>
File: 1435325039678.jpg (44 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1435325039678.jpg
44 KB, 800x600
>New Vegas
>each of the four potential ending paths have deep meaningful consequences that force the player to question what path they believe is right to rebuild the wasteland
>NCR has well-intended ambitions and an orderly civilization, but they're prone to corruption and inefficiency
>Legion is ruthless and totalitarian, but they get results. Maybe the means justify the ends in the post-apocalypse.
>House is a brilliant asshole who's taken the ultimate gamble. Wants to bring about a proper technocracy without all that bloodshed and chaos and corruption.
>and Independent Vegas is a return to good old-fashioned anarchy, albeit with your personal touch to it. No gods, no kings, etc. etc.

>Fallout 4
>do you like robots?
>do you REALLY like robots?
>do you like power armor?
>or did you manage to royally fuck up and turn every faction hostile?

Bravo Todd, what compelling faction choices.
>>
File: stealthrun.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
stealthrun.jpg
226 KB, 1920x1080
>>318450945
Finished the brotherhood ending.(heavy weapons/power armor build)

Now going for the minutemen ending.(stealth build)
>>
>>318464121
They have technology that can CURE THE FEV, something that's never happened before, and you can make the Institute more good after your son dies. The technology alone makes it worth saving.
>>
>>318464201

I seem to remember not even a before Fo4 came out someone posting something like this but with New vegas factions being shit on and Indepedent being the new "If you managed to fuck up and make every other faction hostile."

Man Fo4 is so good but its such a bad Fallout game.
>>
>>318464180
They'd want the engines he has, though. If they were gonna sweep ArcJet systems they'd no doubt pay a visit to the ship with rocket engines plastered to it.

Ironsides would fight back, they'd get annihilated. Fuck the Brotherhood. The Railroad ends up interfering the least with daily life in the Commonwealth, that's why I like them so much. They have a simple goal and they stop when they reach it.

Well, them and the Minutemen, but the Minutemen reek of "default faction". I really wish I could wipe them out. Do they ever become nonessential?
>>
>>318460707
how do you know the mayor committed suicide, and why would he do that?

both institute terminals and dialogue with hancock heavily suggest he was abducted by the institute before he even ran for mayor.
>>
>>318464201

>Fallout NV
>Do you like robots?
>Do you like cowboys?
>Do you like romans?
>Maybe robots with a twist?
>>
>>318464638
>life
>Do you like x?
>Do you like y?
>Do you like z?
>Do you like suicide?
>>
>people side with the min men
>When they failed SO BAD to the point Preston was the last member before you came

its practically the Lyons BoS + Yes man ending

its so neutral that it just stagnates the area to farmers
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.