[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about getting a 3DSXL for Christmas. Reviews? Also,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1399776709407.jpg (191 KB, 930x528) Image search: [Google]
1399776709407.jpg
191 KB, 930x528
Thinking about getting a 3DSXL for Christmas.

Reviews? Also, what are the best games for it? I heard it was backwards compatible.
>>
nothin?
>>
>>318429834
Pretty solid choice. Any games you're interested in?
>>
>>318430795
Mario and Pokemon mostly. Any stand outs for it?
>>
>>318431397
Starting with some personal recommendations:

Kid Icarus: Uprising is damn good, but the controls are a bit odd at first.
There are some mainline Pokemon games in X/Y and the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Pokemon Z is on the horizon, though.
Fire Emblem: Awakening is decent. Not the best FE game, but it adds some neat stuff.
Kirby Triple Deluxe is one of my favorite games on 3DS.

If you like grinding, there's Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and 4 Ultimate. Damn good, but the learning curve might throw you off. 4U is the most newbie friendly of the two.

And then there's boatloads of downloadable stuff.
>>
>>318432328
Sweet. Thanks for the recommendations!
>>
>>318432621
No prob. If you decide to pick one up, I hope you enjoy your purchase.
>>
File: WECboBu.jpg (2 MB, 4414x3146) Image search: [Google]
WECboBu.jpg
2 MB, 4414x3146
mh4u
>>
Id recommend going full overkill and getting the New3DS XL, screens a bit bigger, amiibo compatibility etc... Got Isaac Rebirth on it, brilliabt to be able to play that on the move.
>>
>>318434549
How noticeable is the size difference between New and New XL? Worth it?
>>
>>318434747
If you are talking the size of the whole 3ds, not too much of a difference. Though i upgraded from normal 3ds to the new3dsXL, so for my circumstances, it was pretty much worth it. Go on nintendos official website for sizes, they have a diagram showing the differences between the 2 XLs last time i checked.
>>
>>318429834
>Best games
A Link Between Worlds
Kid Icarus Uprising
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Shin Megami Tensei IV
>Backwards compatible?
Yes, all versions of the 3DS, both old and new, are backwards compatible with DS games and DSiWare download titles.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.