[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: ouya.jpg (104 KB, 1000x543) Image search: [Google]
ouya.jpg
104 KB, 1000x543
Remember this?
>>
Who?
>>
What?
>>
File: BMf7wF3CAAEZm4b.jpg (34 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
BMf7wF3CAAEZm4b.jpg
34 KB, 600x450
Remember when they couldn't get a spot at a convention so they tried to show off their console from a shipping container outside instead?
>>
>>318418584
Was halfway through typing that. Pretty sad stuff, bet they still laughed their way to the bank though.
>>
hahahahaha, yes i do

remember when they couldn't go to E3 and set up in a parking lot across the street? and then acted like it was some big conspiracy when people parked in the parking lot and hid their ouya get-together from view? good times
>>
>>318418664
Did they actually make money off it? I mean, they must have burned through the $8m pretty damn quickly, and they can't have sold very many consoles. Or am I underestimating the stupidity of retards?
>>
>>318418584
Holyshit, that's sad. Underdog-manga level sad.
>>
I can't wait to play Skyrim on the OUYA.

This is the future and you'd have to be an idiot if you think otherwise.
>>
Do you think it would have been smarter to put both Android and Linux on there for more gaming choices? I know Android is Linux, but you know what I mean.

Then you would have gotten a lot of Steam games on there too. Not that it would play too many, but it would play something.

Just saying, would it have hurt anything to just have it dual boot with another Linux?
>>
File: best emulation box.jpg (76 KB, 640x768) Image search: [Google]
best emulation box.jpg
76 KB, 640x768
I don't understand how this was seen as what it was.

It's literally an Android TV box bundled with a controller. It didn't even have particularly good hardware for Android, unlike something like the Nvidia Shield TV, which is the most powerful Android device in existence atm.
>>
File: rememberthis.jpg (50 KB, 890x558) Image search: [Google]
rememberthis.jpg
50 KB, 890x558
>remember this?

Like, no, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>318418868
man, you missed out on some quality laughs
>>
>>318418853
reading my post, i'm referring to the Ouya being shit, not the Nvidia Shield TV.

sḿh
>>
>>318418868
is this supposed to be loss? i can't see it
>>
File: ouyarain.gif (493 KB, 1400x600) Image search: [Google]
ouyarain.gif
493 KB, 1400x600
>>
>>318418840
In general, a lot of their ideas were pretty dumbfuck retarded. Especially the fact that you weren't allowed to put anything on there if it didn't have some kind of demo or F2P component to it.

Protip: if you're trying to get lots and lots of games on a very unpopular console, don't try to massively restrict developers any more than is needed.
>>
>>318419152
>Especially the fact that you weren't allowed to put anything on there if it didn't have some kind of demo or F2P component to it.
yeah, that's because in their kickstarter they advertised that all the games would be free
>>
>>318419152
I know, so much for "We <3 game creators"

All those rules and the games were still shit. Don't get me wrong, there's shit on Steam too, but at least it's not a rule to have a demo, or promote a game to be F2P. We can just play any game now and refund it if it's under two hours. Automatically, every game has a demo now.
>>
>>318418853
the whole Shield line is pretty great, honestly. the Android TV one is the best one so far, but the Tablet isn't too bad now that they've ironed out most of the performance issues.

I actually enjoy using the Shield Tablet as a regular tablet now, it's insane.
>>
>>318420547
>>318418853
>hey that nvidia shield shit is actually pretty good, you guys
huh, i had no idea. maybe i'll have to check it out next time i have a couple hundred bux to burn
>>
>>318418853
it seems a little bit absurd even now, especially since you can get one of those Shields for like $150 these days, and the Ouya was packing super weak hardware and a shit controller for $99
>>
>>318418423
OMG I was thinking about this the other day!

I think I'll finally pull the trigger and get an ouya this Cyber Monday /v/? I really wanna play Car Jumper.

https://youtu.be/JV1nidrZhsM

Also I might get some of the other great exclusives like that Nigger with an axe game.

https://youtu.be/dCee0aysLhA

And Amazing Frog!

https://youtu.be/IMlZog7JrwY
>>
I'm glad there exists one thing on /v/ we can all collectively hate
>>
>>318421628
what, besides your posts?
>>
>>318418423
The idea was really great, but the keks in charge of it were probably all incompetent Jews.
>>
File: 1425440335324.png (194 KB, 603x802) Image search: [Google]
1425440335324.png
194 KB, 603x802
>>318418853
Man that conference was so good
>pre-conference, Nvidia drops cryptic hints about a next level of gaming
>naturally everyone goes in expecting shit like new GPUs
>lel nope, it's an Android box with OnLive 2: Nvidia Boogaloo
>>
>>318421550
Just play them on your Phone, Dumbass. Also Amazing Frog is available on PC.
>>
>>318422240
i think that post was being incredibly sarcastic, anon
>>
>>318422240
It just wouldn't feel right.

>>318422385
Shhh. I'm samefagging, you'll spoil the joke.
>>
>>318418853
When is the portable 2 coming out? I'm not interested in a TV box.
>>
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ha6Mb5_YQ
>>
>>318422240
>available on PC

Fuck off PCfag. You will NEVER EVER get Car Jumper. How does it feel to be missing out on the game of the generation?

BFA Soft.'s director Carleton-San told PCfags to GTFO with Car Jumper.
>>
>>318424123
I played it already. It wasn't that good.
>>
>>318418423
Nice try Todd
>>
>>318424410
Sure you did, m8. Post timestamp with OUYA and Car Jumper main menu. I know your just a jealous mustard.
>>
>>318418423
isn't that nintendo's NX?
>>
File: 2ec.png (208 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
208 KB, 327x316
>>318424123
Forgot pic.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.