[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to this game? There are not even generals in /vg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: diablo-III.jpg (54 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
diablo-III.jpg
54 KB, 590x393
What happened to this game? There are not even generals in /vg/ anymore. It sure cannot be as bad as people say.
>>
When's the next patch that FIX EVERYTHING scheduled?
>>
>>318416818
I've been playing it obsessively every night for the last two weeks.
I called in sick the other day because I couldn't bear to be away.
When I close my eyes all I see is spinning and critical hits and billions of health points vanishing.
I need to go fast. going fast makes me happy on god help me /v/ I have a problem
>>
lol there are diablo generals on /vr/ for series games that were released over 14 years ago and yet diablo 3 is suffering only 3 years after release.
>>
>>318417342
Yeah this has been already said in the OP. The question is why. I have been playing it and it is as good/bad as Diablo II. Or maybe its me?
>>
it's pretty good now, not the same as 1 or 2 but it's a good game on its own, I've played through it multiple times, I recommend starting out on at least torment 1 difficulty if you want any challenge at all, normal/hard/expert shit is beyond boringly easy
>>
>>318416818
Still playing it.. still having fun.

>what happened to this game
>giving a fuck about popularity instead of fun
>>
Just like with every patch it's great for about two weeks after the patch hits to complete your seasons journey. After that it gets pretty stale.

I don't mind though, more time for other games in the meantime and the patches are new content for free anyway.
>>
>>318416818
In terms of disappointment from 1 to spore, it was 8
>>
File: foh.jpg (87 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
foh.jpg
87 KB, 640x640
>>318417857

if the max is spore then 8 is actually a pretty good note
>>
>>318417257
PTR still has a month left.

Please stop nerfing new Firebird set, Blizz. Please.
>>
I think people who play this game would like to just play the game rather than shitpost about it
>>
>>318418485
pretty much this
>>
>>318418485

I am geniunely curious how such a popular game seem to have been killed so fast
>>
>>318418863
there nothing really to talk about it, the game is pretty simple, get random items, run through semi-random dungeons and kill random packs of undead/demons with some light lore on top that's not really important
>>
Regardless of what people say I really enjoyed it. There were some really big disappointments at launch, mainly auction house, unstable servers fucking up hardcore playthroughs, and gear drops, but pretty much everything has been fixed since then. I think a lot of people still cling to it's initial launch on PC which was a trainwreck. If the initial launch was the Reaper of Souls launch I think we would have had a lot different consensus.

I just got the ps4 version a couple days ago out of curiosity between console and pc and I feel it is actually A LOT better than the pc version.

>Minimal hud
>Offline mode
>controller actually works extremely well, particularly with melee classes
>rolling/dodge mechanic
>graphics and performance on par with PC max settings w/o any noticeable cutbacks
>Nemesis spawns in non-hardcore difficulty
>Legendary gift drops that can be sent to friends
>split screen or online multiplayer

The only real cons it has are no ladder seasons and a menu style inventory system, rather than the traditional drag and dop PC inventory. It really pains me to say it but, I think consoles actually came out on top this time.
>>
>>318421030
This, plus I've always hated point and click games.

Godly co-op.
>>
does anyone knows how much money Blizz earned on this shit?
I played it a lot when RMAH was a thing and people bought 250€ axes too much to be polite.
I think Blizz took some 25-30% cut and PayPal took around 5%(i may be wrong, it was a long time ago).
I honestly believe they earned more on RMAH than combined sales of PC,PS3,PS4.

Even I sold some fucking dagger for 199€ and it was not a big deal.
Also sold shitload of small crap(10-20 €), then that thing whre you better sell gold for money than items, than items that weren't identified, jesus christ, so much jew in that game.
I was even forced to watch that guy on YT, cant remeber his name,
game was toxic to the bone, so addictive, yet so boring and repetetive. horror..
Anyway, did blizz ever released any numbers considering actual profit?
I honestly believe that they earned almost near WOW-moneys.
>>
>>318421030
I waited for the console release especially for the controller support and local multiplayer, it's very good.

>>318421532
I played the d3 demo on PC years ago and it was exhausting controlling everything with the mouse, not even WASD to fall back on

that being said, the game is VERY FUCKING EASY even on the highest difficulty you can choose on your first playthrough. My health bar was almost always constantly full. I dont like replaying games (as i'd rather play a new game) so why didn't they make harder difficulties available for your first playthrough?
>>
>>318421807
>why didn't they make harder difficulties available for your first playthrough
you can play any difficulty you want now
>>
>>318416818
It certainly isn't good as Diablo nor Diablo 2.
>>
>>318421807
>now

That's so disappointing
>>
>>318416818

I'm just beyond sick of the genre and the formula. It was fun for what it was but grinding the same content over and over again for drops to grind the same shit faster just doesn't do it for me anymore.
>>
>>318421949
>now

That's so disappointing
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.