[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should i play the dlc in ng or ng+? getting a ps4 around christmas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: asdasdasdad.jpg (54 KB, 569x320) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdad.jpg
54 KB, 569x320
should i play the dlc in ng or ng+?
getting a ps4 around christmas time and already got bloodborne
>>
op here i also want the playthrough of the dlc that will be more difficult
>>
File: TODD.png (36 KB, 386x114) Image search: [Google]
TODD.png
36 KB, 386x114
>>318410423
i cant afford it right now cuz im poor fag but its said that it has some of the hardest bosses in the entire series
>>
I'll probably just make a new character and go through the whole thing as one package

Starting DLC in NG+ has never been a good experience for me, namely DaS2 where the blue smelter and big sword guy reamed me for hours on end

Gonna start later today probably
is a full bloodtinge / ranged build viable? probably since it's a souls game but i'd hope for some more insight on this particular question
>>
>>318410839
Go Skill/tinge and go for Simon's Bowblade.
Full ranged isn't viable.
>>
>>318411059
>simon's bowblade
I suppose it's a DLC weapon? I haven't looked yet.

Can I get it early on?
>>
I usally tackle the DLC on NG+, its more challenging and fun IMO
>>
>>318411538
i want to do this but i also want to playthrough the base game with the DLC weapons so i don't know if i want to go in NG or NG+ yet
>>
>>318411850
well bloodborne doesnt have that much replayability, so I suggest playing it on NG+ so you have an excuse that replay the game, otherwhise you will have little to no excuse to play the game again once you finish it
>>
Do one playthrough of the base game, and then start a new character on NG for the DLC.
>>
Bloodborne in general had pretty shitty NG+ scaling from what I recall, with some bosses and enemies just getting absolutely absurd health that you had to chip away at forever, so it's not something I would want to experience with new content that's said to be the most brutal shit in the series.

Personally, I just got the expansion, and used it as an excuse to start a new game with a Rifle Spear.
>>
File: 1391366730604.gif (2 MB, 244x212) Image search: [Google]
1391366730604.gif
2 MB, 244x212
>orphan of kos
>especially his 2nd phase
>>
>>318410326
Depends on how leveled you are and your gems/dmg.

If you don't want to worry about being overpowered for the content, go to NG+ with a lvl 110+ character. It'll still feel tough at 1900 health and 600+ damage.
>>
>Ludwig the Rape Horse is already a total motherfucker
>Goes full-on apeshit turbonigger if you bring the Meme Sword into the fight

That was a hell of a welcome.
>>
>>318410326
OP I suck at vidya and I solo'd the DLC on NG++, just do it on NG+
>>
>>318412663

Can confirm that outside of the chalice dungeons, the difficulty of some of these bosses is just ourageous.

Absolute badass soundtrack though, FromSoft seem to have a history of their DLC bosses having the best themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
>>
>>318411318
Nope it's a late game weapon in the DLC make sure to kill the guy with the raggedy cloak in the shortcut in Ludwig area to ensure you'll get it toward the end
>>
>>318413231
Does he get a new moveset or something?
>>
File: mitchmynigga.png (93 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
mitchmynigga.png
93 KB, 500x422
>tfw bloodborne is over
>piece of shit slow combat souls is back

Just scrap DaS 3 for BB 2. IDGAF if its exclusive or not. I want more
>>
>>318413585
DaS3 is nearly BB speed anyway.
>>
>>318413550
Nah, he just becomes a lot more aggressive. I noticed it in the Giant Bomb Quick Look. Brad used LHB in the fight, and Ludwig wouldn't stop attacking for a single moment. His second phase seemed about the same, though.
>>
>>318412980
fucking tell me about it
when he jumps up in second phase and I'm trying to figure out where he is

I usually die to all his long range attacks
>>
>>318413673
Fuck with this meme.

It isnt even close.

Also ayyy lmaos and werewolfs > medieval shit again
>>
>>318413685
That's probably why DSP had his ass handed to him 61 times.
>>
>>318413673
Only character movement feels like BB. Combat is still pretty much dark souls. Some weapons like the greatsword are a bit faster, though.
>>
>>318413685
Wait, really? I didn't even know that but that's what I used to kill him.
>>
>>318413986
Speed is the biggest difference between the two, and DS3 has 16-directional dodging as well.
>>
>>318414028
It might be my imagination, but that's what it looked like to me. Others have been saying the same thing, but there's no real hard evidence that I've seen.
>>
>>318413440
it's not that late game man, just gotta go to where the shortcut to the hunters nightmare where the guy is posted up and kill him to get it
>>
File: 1448730882511.jpg (53 KB, 680x907) Image search: [Google]
1448730882511.jpg
53 KB, 680x907
>>318410326
The bosses are probably the hardest in the all the game, or maybe im just bad. I manage to beat the final boss of the dlc after like 10 attempts as level 80 on NG.
>>
>>318412980
I just beat him last night, had 2 bullets and 0 vials by the end
>>
>>318415049
I'm on NG+ and I've died to Kos way more than 10
I think I'm quitting the game for now, XCX is about to come out anyway
>>
>>318414854
this, i actually tested it on my bloodtinge and skill weapon. but honestly, i don't know how well it scales with bloodtinge. i think it's literally only the arrows, and if you want to use it for pvp, i don't know how far you'll go with your echo level
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.