[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC is an x86 architecture. PS4 is an x86 architecure. Don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
PC is an x86 architecture.

PS4 is an x86 architecure.

Don't fucking tell me it's impossible for some nimrod to take 5 minutes out of their day to make a fast and easy modification to some Windows files to permit PS4 games to be played on the PC because they are the same damn thing.
>>
ur actually retarded m8
>>
Wait a sec; for a PS4 emulator to happen, doesn't it need to be hacked first ?
>>
>>318409256
It's not about that. Exclusives are what people buy consoles for.
>>
macs use x86 architecture too

i guess it's trivial to port to mac then huh
>>
>>318409256
>STILL assmad about Bloodborne
Calm down pkek, everyone will move on to Dark Souls 3 soon.
>>
>ps4 has computer chips in it
>pcs have computer chips in it
>they're basically the same thing, should just be able to change a line of code or two to port it
>>
It's not that easy. You must program textures changes, additional menus, code a directx version (games on ps4 are coded in opengl) and fix potential bugs os related. So it's as >>318409393 said
>>
NEVER EVER REVE REVEN
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R
>>
>>318409647
ever heard of virtualbox?
>>
>>318409893
Stupid question: Can't we just run openGL on Windows ?
>>
>>318409975
Please learn to read and understand
>>
>>318409256
NEVER
EVER
PC FAGGOT

NEVER
EVER
LIVE IN DESPAIR KNOWING THAT YOU MISSED THE GAME OF A GENERATION

Extra ironic given how a PS4 is still cheaper than any of your bimonthly vídeo cards.
>>
>>318410053
I guess it would run like shit
>>
File: WwG9qOh.png (18 KB, 200x100) Image search: [Google]
WwG9qOh.png
18 KB, 200x100
>>318409256
>OP is a falseflagger who still thinks Bloodborne is a big deal

ew, its like Madonna running around the MTV awards in disguise yelling "OH BOY, I WISH I WAS MORE LIKE MADONNA" whilst coughing up cigarettes
>>
>>318410262
ha thats true, bb is flavor of the month at best, only ones still going on about it are sonyggers who have had literally nothing to play all year because shit like everybodys gone to the rapture was terrible

its the most artificial hype for a game ive ever seen
>>
>>318409256
You are very lucky breathing is largely an involuntary function, OP.
>>
>>318409256
>Sonyggers still think Bloodborne is a precious desired gem.

you poor bastards
does being the worst fanbase since 2006 delude your minds this badly?
>>
>>318410262
and Madonna rips her wig off and starts yelling at a wall screaming at herself about being the only person who's Madonna
>>
I thought PC masterrace don't play console trash?
>>
>>318410826
Nope, the master race only plays hardcore games like Clicker Heroes and mobas
>>
PC gamer here. By lurking the BB threads and watching some gameplay vídeos, I came to the conclussion that BB is amazing.
I would buy it in a heartbeat if it were available for PC but that's it.
A single game doesn't justify a $400 console, especially in my country where $400US are a lot.
>you're just poor
Of course I am. But, even if I wasn't, I would still find $400 for a single game a frivolous waste.
>>
>>318410189

Why
>>
>>318410262
The shilling for this game has been mindblowing.

I know three (yes fucking three) people who bought a PS4 because of the Bloodborne circlejerking, not a single one of them came out satisfied.
>>
>>318411253

Similarly I would play splatoon but it's not worth it to buy a woo for 1 game and I don't give a fuck about the only literally twelve other possible games
>>
File: 495154984584.png (77 KB, 214x189) Image search: [Google]
495154984584.png
77 KB, 214x189
>>318410554
pretending to be retarded is still being retarded.
>>
>>318411529
Its ironic that you're posting the KI champ

one of many games the PS4 will never ever have
>>
This entire thread is so stupid. Of course people are working towards this. It just takes time. We've gotten most consoles about 5 to 7 years after its released. And of course ps4s are similar to PCs. THEY ARE COMPUTERS! MACS, PS4S, WIIS, EVERYTHING! I just don't understand why people don't understand this. They are all made with the same basic structure. They are all made with the same chips most of the time. WTF.
>>
>>318411253

I am sure in 5 years time after FF15, last guardian, FF7 remake etc comes out. Faggots will still be saying I AM NOT PAYING $400 FOR 2 GAMES.

Meanwhile in a FF7 remake thread there will be another PC faggot saying I AM NOT PAYING $400 FOR JUST ONE GAME, WHEN IT COMES TO PC YOU ALL GOING TO BE BUTTHURT JUST YOU WAIT YOU FUCKING SONYGGER I FUCKING HATE YOU ALL

The same thing will also happen in a kingdom hearts 3 thread

PKek have to be the most pathetic people among all gaymers
>>
OMG OP you're right! How moronic of Sony, I bet they never thought of this! What fucking morons, little did they know we could edit a couple text files and presto we got all their games!! Ahahaah the engineers at Sony sure are idiots!!
>>
>>318412063
Except FF15, the FF7 remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 aren't exclusive.
>>
>>318411857
PS4 literally has the same AMD CPUs and GPUs you can buy in stores right now anon

Nothing like consoles from before, they were always their own architecture
>>
>>318412238
Yeah, that's basically what I'm saying. Is the same thing and we can do it, it just takes time
>>
>>318412340
No, previously it was x86 PCs emulating the CPU cycles of older consoles

Now all you have to do is download Sony's OS and drivers and run it in a virtual box and presto, PS4 on PC
>>
>>318410145
>MISSED
I just want to play it at decent graphical settings
>>
>>318412395
holy shit you are dumb
>>
>>318412063
In fact, I stopped playing Final Fantasy games after 10. I lost interest in the series and never liked Kingdom Hearts.
Shadow of the colossus is on my backlog. I still have my PS2 so I may give it a chance.
>>
>>318409256
Libraries and APIs are not cross platform. You may think games are complicated, but all your dependencies represent such a gigantic mountain of code beyond your control it isn't even funny.

And even when a dependency does work on both or has an equivalent library on both, it is a lot of work to keep both versions working because they are never exactly the same (so bugs happen). Meanwhile, your code gets littered with IFDEFs and your build system gets littered with cases that it has to take care of making it take that much longer to confidently understand each obstacle you run into. It's a nightmare when EVERY low level bug makes you question whether your assumptions about your library code are correct or not.

AFAIK, architecture isn't the main problem in porting stuff between different hardware or operating systems. Compilers can handle that shit just fine. You would lose the hard work that went into optimizing your algorithms for that architecture, but it would still work.
>>
It's amazing how much butt hurt this game has caused lol
>>
>>318411374
>>318410403
samefag
and pkeks mad STILL that they can't play the greatest souls game since Demon Souls. Jesus fuck off back to your shitty DOTA
>>
>>318409256
You can just remote play it on ur pc
>>
Why don't they just change "PC = 0" to "PC = 1"?
>>
>>318413704
>implying I would buy a ps4 just to remote play it
fuck that nonsense it'll get ported and once again we'll have the advantage over sonyponies riding this hype wagon
>>
>>318410053

Windows support for opengl is famously piss-poor, as it's a potential competitor against directx.
>>
>>318409256
>Dirt is made of matter.
>Gold is made of matter.
>Don't fucking tell me it's impossible for some nimrod to take 5 minutes out of their day to make a fast and easy modification to some atoms to turn dirt into gold because they are the same damn thing.
>>
>>318412496
Dude
>>
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bloodborne-coming-to-pc/1100-6432644/

THANKS FOR BETA TESTING, NEVER EVER THEY SAID
>>
How's Rocket League?
>>
>>318417190
Man so much false flagging that it's like that story about that boy who cried wolf. Even if it turns out true. I'll be at the store looking at the box with the PC logo and be like, "naw, nigga, who you trying ti fool fagot. Never Ever. HAHAHa. anon at it again I see." then walk away.
>>
Reminder that OpenGL is better than directx in every way and the only reason why it isn't standard on pc is the Microsoft mafia
>>
>>318409256

>still butthurt over BB

maybe if you petition hard enough, Sony will take pity on you mustards. ;)
>>
>>318418634
>implying you have a ps4
>implying you even enjoy videogames anymore
>implying I didn't notice the amount of original posters staying the same after you made this comment
>>
>>318413912
You fucks that get so caught up in platform wars are so fucking sad. You're going to be the pathetic cunt crying "thanks for beta testing!" in two years when it gets ported and everyone but you has long moved on.

>>318417190
Yet another PC game that pushes the limits of your $800 card. O I am laffin.
>>
>>318410053
Sony doesn't use OpenGL, they use a modified proprietary GL
>>
>>318412238
>>318412340
>>318412496
>what are operating systems
>what is system overhead
>my 8gigs of system memory is the same as the shared 8GB pool in the PS4 amirite
>>
>>318413737
Yeah man that's what I'm thinking. Just put the Disc in your PC open the propertyofsonyneverevereditpcscum.ini in word. Edit. Save Changes. Done.
>>
>>318413654
Except it isn't. It's a short experience with very little variety in weaponry, the only reason to own a PS4 and it's 7/10 at best. You know a game is bad when the best thing about it is the music.
>>
I want my friend to play Bloodborne but he probably won't get a PS4 before a LONG while, that sucks
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.