[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With each passing year I appreciate GTA IV more and more. It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
With each passing year I appreciate GTA IV more and more.
It had a lot of flaws and was in no way perfect, but it had a certain charm and it was made with love and attention to details.

GTAV, on the other hand, should have been a better game (and technically it is) but it's completely soulless and doesn't have any charm
>>
V's city is soulless as fuck. No matter how much I try to enjoy it, I just can't. I still play online, but I won't be modding it.

New York > California
>>
You're referring to 2 things, OP:

The fist one is obviously nostalgia.

The second one is, GTA IV was the first NEXT GEN GTA. That is, all the the little things you took for granted in V were a lot more impressive in IV. You following me?
>>
>>318407125
I liked it because it was real heavy gang shit. That's my fetish
>>
nothing compelling about playing as a slavshit
>>
GTA IV = actual america, what you see IRL
GTA V = america through the Hollywood camera lens, what media wants america to be
>>
>superior physics
>superior car handling

GTA IV is the shit, try beating it with the radar turned off
>>
>>318407649
game needed more slav talk. I was disappointed that him and roman didn't speak that shit a lot more.
>>
>>318407892
and what would they talk about, pray tell? Radovan Karadzić?
>>
I preferred the physics in IV. The guns felt like they lacked kick, like I was unloading deadly airsoft bbs into motherfuckers but I kind of liked it. It was way more fun to go on rampages.

V did everything else better though but after the singleplayer was over I never went back. Online is amazing and I would still be playing to this day if my PS3 hadn't broken all those years ago.
>>
>>318408198
why even speak english? game has subtitles and the two of them had a lot of private conversations. why even bother to jump in and out of slav talk to begin with?

usually people do that shit when they don't know how to express themselves in their second language,. but they clearly knew how to in english.
>>
>>318407125
>GTAV, on the other hand, should have been a better game (and technically it is) but it's completely soulless and doesn't have any charm
they should have not focus too much on online aspect but it prints more money for them
>>
IV was more memorable and had a better atmosphere than V.Otherwise GTA V gameplay wise is a major improvement,not mentioned V had better mission structure,more weapon variety,better online play,and more content in general.
>>
>>318407723
This right here. V was just "celebrities and television are dumb am I right?"
>>
>>318407125
i thought gta 5 would keep the more serious tone whilst adding more tv drama style missions and cut scenes instead we get the fat jew stoner son and the guy who gave charlie sheen aids, then you got franklin who does nothing the whole rest of the game but the first few missions and still seems like the most aspiring of the 3
>>
>>318407335
naw dude cali is way better cause i live there,
they just tried to make the game "funny" because of san andreas's success
>>
>>318409382
I live here too but it's a total shithole
>>
V focused to much on the characters which would have been fine if each characters story wasn't super short because they needed the time to fit all 3 characters in.
>>
File: sc.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
sc.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
right on
>>
>>318409640
Honestly, I think V should have restricted what character you were controlling (even in free roam) until near the end of the game or after you beat the main story. Then maybe we could get more post-story/optional missions that give the player the choice to pick who they want or what kind of approach to take.
Also I blame Online for making the singleplayer feel so bland and shitty. Fuck I wish they had just held off on that until current gen and fleshed out the rest of V's map outside of the city.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.