[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that you're a dumbass if you still think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1447504063401.jpg (62 KB, 500x588) Image search: [Google]
1447504063401.jpg
62 KB, 500x588
Daily reminder that you're a dumbass if you still think that Paid Reviews are a major thing in the industry.
>>
File: 1351436635422.jpg (99 KB, 702x768) Image search: [Google]
1351436635422.jpg
99 KB, 702x768
Daily reminder that OP is a fag
>>
>>318404556
It's likely less of an actual cash-in-hand sort of thing and more of a fear of blacklisting, being taken over by free goodies from publishers and general shittaste.
>>
/thread
>>
I bet OP is some naive kuk who thinks "paid review" simply means getting paid cash to give good scores.

Even the promise of advance copies is a payment.
>>
A lot of games journalists have given startling accounts of not-so-subtle briberies from game companies when they've been invited to review their games.
Dorito Pope wrote an article describing this very thing some years ago for example.
>>
>>318404556
>Thinking that reviewers don't get paid in "perks" like swag and parties and are held to ransom if they don't give them good scores

Cry more bitch nigga
>>
>>318404863

That is retarded as well, only idiots give reviewers a celebrity status.

>he got the game early and wrote something about it, I must take his opinion as a fact and praise him for that

-Retarded people-
>>
>>318404556
then why is Kotaku whining about being blacklisted?

A: because they're persona non grata and they won't receive any more handouts of information

meanwhile, all that sweet newsworthy content will go to their competitors

and advertisers go where the clicks are

this is how paid reviews work

sure, devs and publishers are assholes, but the game journos are the bigger cunts in all of this

they're supposed to be on YOUR side, not theirs
>>
>>318405721

Just like that time when some dev had some info leaked and asked them to not publish, he asked them nicely but they didn't give a fuck and published it anyways claiming that they had integrity.

Haha cunts
>>
>>318405382
If you dont understand what he was getting at, then the only retarded person here is you.
>>
>>318407464

Do you? Fuck off kid.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.