[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
15 MINUTE LOAD TIMES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Just-Cause-3-Gameplay.jpg (66 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
Just-Cause-3-Gameplay.jpg
66 KB, 700x500
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/just_cause_3/news/just_cause_3_can_drop_to_17fps_on_xbox_one_suffer_15_minute_load_times_report.html

>"You do get incredibly long loading times and if you play more than an hour or so it can actually take nearly 15 minutes to reload a save," NX Gamer's video analysis says. "And this just looks like memory leakages where it's clearing out RAM. Some of the AI goes mad, the physics can react really oddly and unfortunately on top of all these problems, the performance with a game that's totally designed around blowing stuff up and having this chaotic… world doesn't perform very well at all.

>"In my tests so far we're looking at a low of 17fps, and this can be really bad and compounded by the fact that along with this the actual physics engine itself and animation system then gets slowdown, which is like to a hark back to the old 16-bit days where the whole game just slows down in presentation. Even though the framerate might actually still be hitting 30, it feels like you're running and turning through treacle."

>The problems are so bad that "the bugs and issues can actually force you to turn the game off because it frustrates you so much by having to reload saves or, like I say, the few crashes that I've already experienced," NX Gamer adds.
>>
so this is the power of next gen consoles
>>
Thank god I have a PC
>>
>>318402921

Is that on a solid state drive?
>>
>>318403137

What makes you think the PC version will run any better?

>but all of Avalanche's games run well!

Just Cause 2 and 3 were made by different studios.
>>
>>318403296

ssd
>>
>>318403239

If the problem is because of a memory leak, a SSD won't help. Even if it did help the loading times, it's not helping the framerate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=235&v=fU9fK5LxoTc
>>
>>318403296
Because I'm an optimistic person.
>>
File: 1441725635952.jpg (133 KB, 776x678) Image search: [Google]
1441725635952.jpg
133 KB, 776x678
WHY DO YOU LIKE CONSOLES? >BECAUSE THEY JUST WORK.
>>
http://www.inquisitr.com/2599732/just-cause-3-suffers-frame-rate-and-loading-issues-despite-being-a-blast-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/

The PS4 version has loading times from 30 seconds to 2 minutes, and also struggles to hit 30fps.

The new physics engine is probably to blame.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0P_K4d3fPk

How long can you make it through this?
>>
>>318404286
0 Seconds. Based on that thumbnail I will not be clicking the video
>>
>>318402921
This game looks like an absolute fucking technical disaster

Watched TB's stream and he couldn't achieve 60fps at 1080p on SLI 980ti's

It's clearly unfinshed
>>
>>318403743
Just Pause 3
>>
>>318403439

Given that the ps4 version doesn't "seem" to suffer the memory leaks, I'd assume they're rather minor and/or due to the bone's strange ram setup with that 32mb of esram and such nonsense.

Given that most machines have 16 gigs of ram these days that doesn't have to pull double duty as vram, I suspect that it's not an issue that's likely to strike pcs anywhere near as hard if it does at all.
>>
File: 1448707336851.png (2 MB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
1448707336851.png
2 MB, 1200x1500
>>318403296

Because all the streams over the weekend were on PC and streamers have said the game is well optimized but is the first game that really needs higher than console requirements because of the physics engine, especially in the CPU.

>>318404779

He got it fine on a single 980ti though he said sometimes the particle effects go overkill. He said there's no SLI Profile for it yet as well.

>YFW every time a consolefag says "How's Arkham Knight running on PC" you can say "How's Just Cause 3 running on console?"
>>
This is their fault for not releasing a demo like they did for JC2.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.