[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dan thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Dan the Man.png (2 MB, 1804x2343) Image search: [Google]
Dan the Man.png
2 MB, 1804x2343
Do you'll think they'll bring him back for Street Fighter V? Capcom brought back R. Mika and Alex (as upcoming DLC) so anything's possible at this point.
>>
>>318385227
i sure hope so anon

sf x t flopped cause he wasn't playable
third strike had sean, the dan of that game, so it was succesful
>>
File: 1448198080097.jpg (66 KB, 681x460) Image search: [Google]
1448198080097.jpg
66 KB, 681x460
Yeah another shoto definitely is what SFV needs.

40+ characters with capcom's balance tenants of making everything good do low damage and giving shit characters higher health is exactly what SFV needs as well.

I think we can all agree making the game SF4.5 is what /v/, eventhubs, and other gayfaggots want.
>>
Unless they do a complete overhaul i wouldn't want him
>>
>>318385512
>third strike had sean, the dan of that game, so it was succesful
SF3 was one of the biggest flops in Capcom's history.
>>
>>318386906

It flopped so hard peopl demand 3s characters to be in future games and the game itself got a modern port which sold well.
>>
>>318387613
It flopped so hard that there were no Street Fighter games from 2000 to 2008.
>>
>>318387895
What about spinoffs, and re releases, there was a fuckton of those
>>
Bring back Oro and Skullomania first you dicks
>>
>>318387895

So you like to shitpost about 3s because you want a timeline where SF8 is out today?
>>
>>318388023
Re-releases cost almost nothing to make. Everything under the sun gets re-releases because there's nothing to lose. And the only spinoffs to come after 3S were MvC2 (mostly made of recycled sprites) and CvS 1 & 2 (half made of recycled sprites). After that, Capcom fighters were dead until SF4.
>>
>>318385227
The next two characters on the roster are new and all the DLC wave 1 characters are known.

I wouldn't bet on him being in wave 2 either.

The main problem is what would his play style consist of? We have a defensive shoto and an offensive shoto already.

His V-skill would have to be a taunt, but what would his V-trigger be?
>>
>>318387895
It's going to be 7 years since 4's original release next year
>>
Nah Sean is the joke character again
>>
>>318388130
No, I just like to remind the sort of people who claim that Third Strike is some sort of masterpiece that it was actually even less successful than Darkstalkers.
>>
>>318388201
SUPER TAUNT
>>
>>318388356
>super taunt
>not using your entire CA bar
I don't think so, sally.
>>
>>318388247
And in those 7 years there have been tons of updates to SF4, two versions of MvC3, TvC, and SFxT. As opposed to 2002-2008 when there was nothing as far as Capcom fighters go.
>>
Do you guys think V will be a good entry point for the series?

I've never played fighting games beyond an extremely casual level but I'd love to get into them. My whole life, my competitive gaming fix has been WC3/Dota and CS. Fighters are basically another language to me.
>>
If they bring him into V please hold him for much later down the road. I want more new characters and not shotos. Hell I'm hoping that Akuma and Sakura aren't both in wave 2 for DLC.
>>
File: 1444502746930.jpg (1 MB, 2893x4092) Image search: [Google]
1444502746930.jpg
1 MB, 2893x4092
>>318388201
>We have a defensive shoto and an offensive shoto already
Fuck. Please don't say that. Makes me worried considering who the DLC characters are and what they said about making more shotos. I just want Sakura, but I have not idea what they'd change.
>>
>>318388580
V is even more dumbed down that IV so probably
>>
>>318388580
Yes. V is really easy so far. You can learn optimized combos in one day, and actually start playing and improving your neutral game instead of worrying about fucking up your execution.
>>
>>318388580
Definitely. If you want the bare basics, I'd recommend SFII Turbo or the HD version that's on PSN and Xbox Live. Outside of that, I'd wait til V drops.
>>
>>318388614
>have not idea what they'd change.
Gimmicky setup autopilot setplay okizeme shoto.
Just the way I like my characters.
>>
File: 1442489239392.jpg (82 KB, 717x1062) Image search: [Google]
1442489239392.jpg
82 KB, 717x1062
>>318388748
I suppose, but my worry stems from the fact that we still haven't seen Akuma, and I know he'll get in before Sakura does. Not complaining about him per se, but I'm just nervous about what sort of shoto-gameplay options will be left for her after making three shotos, two of which are already defined as "offensive" and "defensive." On the other hand, should could come back as a older not-shoto, which would be baller as fuck.
>>
>>318388936
Did Capcom say they wanted more shotos in the game?

Sakura and Akuma are going to have a hard time fitting into 5. Sakura is a super technical setup character and Akuma is all about vortex and fireball zoning, two things that are more or less erased in SFV
>>
>>318385227

Dan's a mascot, so he'll assuredly be back.

He's just low priority to have close to launch. You'll see him down the line without a doubt.
>>
>>318389214
No. They said they wanted less, actually. Can't find the link, but there's something where Ono says he wanted to highlight the differences between characters, so they were avoiding a shoto-heavy roster like they had in SFIV.
>>
>>318390048
Expect that to change once the second version comes out
>>
dan sucks lmaaooooooooo
>>
File: dan players.jpg (19 KB, 645x88) Image search: [Google]
dan players.jpg
19 KB, 645x88
>>
Is Chariot gay furry?
>>
>>318390183
So never? The big conceit with SFV is that they've built a huge net service around it to handle ID's, stats, matchmaking, balance updates, character and stage DLC, etc.

Instead of putting out new versions every other year they're going to keep updating SFV with free balance patches and DLC you can buy with in-game currency or real money.

Also, regarding OP
>Play as Dan
>If you lose it's ok you were playing as Dan he's a joke
>If you win haha holy shit I can't believe that guy lost to Dan
>>
>>318390745
>capcom
>sticking to their guns
>implying they won't start porting Akuma and E Ryu by the end of next year
>>
>>318390887
I don't think Combofiend would allow it. They're trying very hard to keep SFV simple and honest and avoid the kind of setup-heavy play SFIV is known for.

At the least they'll totally overhaul the characters like they did Zangief.
>>
If they do, they better make him actually decent to play as.
>>
>>318388413
You don't have to move goalposts anon
>>
>>318391698
What goalposts? The point is that Capcom fighters were dead for almost a decade, thanks in large part to SF3 losing them a ton of money, but then they came back after SF4 proved a success.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.