[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elite Dangerous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 460x215
Today is the last day to decide.
$15

Yes or no?
>>
>>318381281
maybe
>>
I chose no. Even though I have fond memories of playing elite on my c64 when I was a kid I couldn't bring myself to buy it. The always online part is the straw that broke the camels back for me.
>>
>>318381281
no, just wait until the xpac to arrive since the vanilla game will come with it

and you don't want to get bored by it before
>>
No.
Invest in a 2500$ ship package in Scam Citizen.

Roberts out.
>>
>>318382181
At that point, why not a $3000 package?
>>
>>318382262

That is for next month.
>>
>>318381281
For a serious answer, OP, I would recommend it because the $15 gets scrapped off the price of Horizons should you like it enough to order it.

It's a decent space game and the envisioned scope of the game is very impressive and exciting. If it seems like something you'd like, then you'll probably like it. I'm about 20 hours in, done a big chunk of the content but I'm not bored of it yet because I could just travel star systems for ages, doing the occasional bounty and mission, doing some trading and whatever.

It's very comfy and combat is pretty fun if simple.

Honestly for $15 you're laughing.
>>
>>318382181
This actually brings me to an interesting question? Is it possible to make a good space sim these days? I remember there being good ones in the past but recently they have all been overly ambitious shit.
>>
>>318382538

All you need is Elite+being able to walk in ship+eve char creator+actual content that isnt just grinding hours for the next ship ewith the same fucking interface
>>
>>318382670
Well apparently the walking in ships thing is one of the next parts of their scope after planetary landings in the xpac. They've also got FPS combat planned later, but we'll just see how that pans out.

And they're saying they will add multi-player ships or some such where you take command but aren't actually piloting? And you'll start running huge fleets. It's definitely outside of what they've currently got going on but the game will be extremely impressive if they can start pulling that off within a reasonable time frame.
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't trust these devs?
>>
>>318382845

Nah not really anon, I'm
>>318382781
>>318382508

And although I'm really excited for what they've got planned, I'm extremely wary of their ability to deliver.

I glanced at Star Citizen around when it was announced but never bought into it and boy am I fucking glad I didn't.

This however, is a case of it MIGHT get that good. But yeah hard to trust any dev these days really.
>>
>>318383041
>am I fucking glad I didn't
>he hasn't seen 2.0 footage that's on test servers right now
I'd be on suicide watch now.
>>
>>318382845
I like the game but I still don't trust the devs either. They add a lot of shit but I doubt they'll ever deliver on any extraordinary content or anything. Though I atleast trust them more than that starcitzen game, that game looks like pure dogshit
>>
>>318382781
Wrong. They never said walking around ships for 2016. They said multi person ships and multi vessel ships. There will be custom avatars, but you will probably just teleport to different cockpits.
>>
>>318382538
Have you tried Space Engineers you goose?
>>
File: 1410730843181.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1410730843181.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
WHY DO YOU RETARDS KEEP FUCKING ASKING THIS
WOULD YOU PAY 15 DOLLARS FOR AN EMPTY BURGER?
FUCKING GODDAMNIT, WAIT HORIZONS AND STOP ASKING THIS FUCKING QUESTION
>>
>>318382845
Thats the only reason i'm not buying it. I bet whatever updates they release you will have to pay stupid ammounts for.
>>
>>318383494
You need the base game for it though, it's kind of like buying the buns first at a discount while they're assuring you the patty is coming.

No this still doesn't sound like a good idea.
>>
>>318382181
>$2500

why contain it

http://www.pcgamer.com/meet-a-fan-who-has-spent-30000-on-star-citizen-ships/
>>
>>318383289
I don't do early access.
>>
>>318382508
>Its worth buying because you only spend another $45 on DLC!

fucking hell
>>
>>318383592
No you don't, you fucking faggot.
It's standalone.
>>
File: 1434674238162.jpg (370 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1434674238162.jpg
370 KB, 1200x800
>>318382538
>Is it possible to make a good space sim these days?
Yes, all you need to do is LISTEN TO FUCKING COMUNITY! FCUK!
I WANT DAMNED SPACE TO BE ALIVE, NOT DEAD WASTELAND WITHOUT ANYTHING TO DO.
I WANT RANDOM ENCOUNTERS, RACING WITH COMET TOWARD THE SUN, SPACE PILIGRIMAGE QUEST WHERE YOU TRANSPORT BELIEVERS FROM ONE OLD SPACE PRIEST TO HERMIT LIVING ON THE FAR AWAY ASTEROID ORBITING THE SUN, AND YOU CAN WALK OUT OF YOUR SHIP AND TALK TO THIS HERMIT AND WATCH THE SUN GOING BY ON YOUR FLYBY.

FUCKING TALENTLESS CUNTS I SWEAR ON YOU MUM M8!
>>
>>318386314
this, i wouldnt pay 5 dollarinios for elite: jumping from 1 instance to another simulator, not even talking about 15, game is utter trash in current state. if flying into the planet will have instancing too, im out
>>
>>318381847
I don't know
>>
It's a really great game on countless aspect. It has a lot of potential.

But the devs don't seem like they want to tap that potential. They're surprisingly adding more and more features, which in the case of this game always involves a lot of dedicated content. this is the first case of a crowdfunded game whose development actually pushes forward.
But they're going too fast. The game crucially lacks content and variety. For each feature of this game, there's like a handful possibilities, all of which get old after a couple minutes, and then each feature is still terribly barebones.

You could say it's a great vertical slice of a game, and a slice that becomes towering, but it's still so fucking thin. I wish they would slow down and actually beef up what exists before moving onto something else.
At this point, you'll soon be able to land on one of the four planet types that only differ by color, so you can walk around your ship's interior among the two possible interior designs, get outside, and take part in FPS fights using a total of three guns, against two enemy types, and attempt to complete one of the three types of objectives. The kind of thing that'd get old on your first time.

I'm not sure what this game is worth, but shit I certainly paid too much for it myself.
>>
>>318386314
>Yes, all you need to do is LISTEN TO FUCKING COMUNITY! FCUK!
Well Frontier does just that. Except they don't fucking know how to handle a community, and listen to those that swallow their cum while ignoring those that criticize the game.

That's not how it works, if you aim to have a community, better listen to those that contradict you.
>>
>>318387608
Then you need A SPECIAL HUMAN BEAN
Like me for once, who will collect all interesting shit and present it personally to the Top Dog at the company. And i wouldn't do this for free.
>>
>>318382039
Its really just the economy and powerplay elements that are always online. On PC this isn't an issue.
>>
>>318383657
Its early access that plays heavily like release

and the modding community is heavenly
>>
>>318382039
>The always online part is the straw that broke the camels back for me.
Like about half the community.

Meanwhile they cut 3/4th of the features and almost all content, and no one bat an eye. Fuck this community.
>>
File: 1440992377738.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1440992377738.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>>318381281
Have had it for a while. Its pretty based with galaxy size and so forth and with the promise of planet side garrsioning coming about that will be pretty cool too.

Its a reverse development Star Citizen. Instead of rushing their process they are taking their time and seeing what works before rushing a game out that has no content.

Those who say that this game doesn't have content don't do wing based online play powerplay and get blown up by sidewinders.
>>
Score rank: 34%
Userscore: 72%
Metascore: 80%
>>
>>318383818
The thing is, this is one of the cases where the dlc is suppose to be adding enough content that it actually justifies the price.
>>
>>318388971
>Those who say that this game doesn't have content don't do wing based online play powerplay
That's not content anon.
>>
>>318389018
>Scores dnt matter when my favorite game gets bad reviews
>scores matter when my favorite game gets good scores
>>
>>318389068
A majority of the arguments against this game are

"its a space euro truck simulator lol xD"

when you actually roll around with a good group of people and actually fight other players for territorial control its fun.

Also their is the CQC mode which has its moments too.

Its a good game. I seriously don't know why people dislike it. Or why they get mad at the developers for retracting features that did not work at the moment but will be released later in the game, without requiring a subscription or season pass.

40 bucks is fine by me. You guys seem to get these people do this as WORK for a living right?
>>
>>318389061
But it isn't

theres a reason /edg/ doesn't exist and hasn't for months anon

because its an empty, shit game
>>
>>318389305
>You guys seem to get these people do this as WORK for a living right?
And they seem pretty terrible at setting deadlines.
>>
>>318389305
>A majority of the arguments against this game are
>"its a space euro truck simulator lol xD"

That's because you don't read them. You want more?

>game is devoid of life
>no interaction with NPCs
>lack of character and identity to factions and systems which all look the same
>ship balance is "bigger = better" without actual specializations or anything, nor even proper progression, and small ships being fucking useless
>incredibly limited selection of equipment
>general lack of content variety
>terrible economy and trading
>repetitive bounty hunting
>lack of possible situations which are all set scenarios
>no environmental effects on combat
>crime isn't profitable
>stupid automatic crime reporting even with no one in the area
>fines are used to punish players more than create interesting opportunities
>mining is shit
>exploration is all about flying between planets and holding a button
>ship insurrance is too forgiving
>NPC security is a joke
>retarded missino balance with easy missions and large payouts, and literally impossible ones with shit payout
>no incentive to play in multiplayer
>no objectives for the player aside from money grinding
>clusterfuck of a rank system
>no goods in large quantity
>outfitting is retarded, especially considering the terrible equipment variety
>capped bounties
>neglected heat mechanics which have only been nerfed to the point of uselessness
>fucking solo mode
>no reason to care about the game's world
>players have no effect on the world anyway
>universe is empty and devoid of life
>nothing matters
>no word from devs about all the missing promised features
>no roadmap
>nothing to reassure people
>no addressing of issues
>just listening to dicksuckers saying trading is fine despite being incapable of trading without thirs party calculators

I still have more if you want. The problems with this game are many, too many for one thread.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.