[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I almost never play shooters, especially online, so I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: battlefront2015.jpg (64 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
battlefront2015.jpg
64 KB, 600x320
I almost never play shooters, especially online, so I'm basically a noob with it. What specifically makes Star Wars Battlefront EA casual? Is it the limited loadout options? The fairly simplistic combat? It plays very similarly to most other FPS' I've played so I'm lost on this.
>>
>EA has the Star Wars license for the next 10 years

Holy shit they're going to rape the franchise
>>
>>318372384
0 recoil, 1 shot explosions, vehicles, power ups, etc
>>
>>318372384
>It plays very similarly to most other FPS' I've played
There's the fucking problem you dingus.
>>
>>318375217
So 90% of the entire genre is casual?

With how people talk about it I didn't expect that.
>>
>>318372384
>I almost never play shooters

>It plays very similarly to most other FPS' I've played
>>
>>318372384
Take everything that has been learned over the years about what makes a good Battlefield/front game. Then promptly ignore it and dumb down the whole thing to appeal to the most causal of audience.

We all knew this was going to be pile of shit from the start but god damn they really out did themselves this time.

That being said the graphics are amazing. Someone should really make a game with them.
>>
>>318375628
I've played plenty, I just don't really dedicate to them and I don't play them often.
>>
>>318372384
Every match plays exactly the same. The only viable game mode is walker assault and even that's not that great especially if you're on the rebel side. The skill ceiling is laughably low too due to the random spread and almost 0 recoil of the weapons. The only thing the game really does well is graphics and sound.

It being casual isn't the problem. It's starwars of course it's going to be casual. It's just incredibly boring
>>
>>318375121

There is recoil though.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 542x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 542x469
Amazes me how they thought not giving ground vehicles to the rebels was a good idea. And on the topic of vehicles how did DICE (a company that can actually do vehicles in games) fuck up how they feel/handle so badly?

Also inb4 next installment released next year has space battles and everything lacking from this game.
>>
File: thistbhfam.gif (212 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
thistbhfam.gif
212 KB, 921x155
>>318372384
Watch the official /v/ statement about this game. He explained it very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtwK6Oe23I
>>
>>318376114
Well considering that the EU is now canned, what vehicles could they have put in?

But yes it was a fucking stupid decision regardless.
>>
>>318376410
Landmaster?
>>
Shit contents
All weapons are unlimited and has cooldowns
Combat is way too simplistic
Weapons felt like shit
Unbalanced factions
>>
>>318376462
Did it ever appear in the movies?

Honest question as I don't recall seeing any Rebel ground vehicles. Technically the speeder bikes aren't even theirs.

And I just realised that thanks to the EU being canned we will never potentially get a Force Commander 2 or reboot.
>>
>>318376410
While the EU is canned, they are free to use elements from it, Rebels, for instance, just had an episode revolving around a prototype Interdictor Star Destroyer, IE the one that drags ships out of hyperspace. That was a decidedly EU origin ship. EA/DICE are just being lazy and using the movie to cover themselves.
>>
>>318376410
I feel like the fact that DICE put staying true to the original films above all else is a major factor contributing to the lack of content, along with the awful balance.
>>
File: 1423857084089.jpg (124 KB, 806x605) Image search: [Google]
1423857084089.jpg
124 KB, 806x605
>>318376348
>totalbiscuit
>official /v/ statement
>>
>>318376114
Are there any co-op vehicles in game, or are they just single seaters?
>>
File: 1445392458598.jpg (100 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1445392458598.jpg
100 KB, 500x499
>>318376348
>uses le 2015 argument like 3 times
>>
>>318376685
Fair enough. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if it was just them being lazy and/or incompetent. At least maybe that means there is hope the Eclipse class will still be a thing in future.

>>318376729
It really does. Watching the TB WTF it really did feel like you were in the original trilogy. But that does horribly limit them in a game about ground combat. Especially since they didn't put space combat in, and only have like the 6 ships for that land based ship combat.

I want to go play Rebellion again now.
>>
>>318376793
Watch the vid anon. I doubt he was saying TB speaks for us, and was more likely saying that he hit the nail on the head. I don't normally watch that stuff either, but it sounds spot on from just watching that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.